YesNoOk

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Read 751742 times)

Started by SNT, December 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
#961  March 22, 2021, 11:32:33 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Being honest, I was not expecting another karate user: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Gouki(kinda), Bob(YES!) and now Lydia. There's alot of styles to explore: Kajukenbo, Penja Silatk, Keisy, Taekkyon, Hwa Rang Do... But I know I'm a single user and they're taking references of the country they're basing the character(that's how Lars' name and surname were chosen, Miguel lost his torero and fur coat and etc)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#962  March 23, 2021, 12:17:49 am
    • Brazil
Then you prefer a big boobed waifu in Tekken? Dude, you're constantly saying how a videogame MUST be. Is there a game that you ACTUALLY like? You find her design boring and some other will find her a good direction. Copernico said some centuries ago that Earth spins around the Sun. Not around you :/
Awww, did I hurt your feelings by criticizing your boring character, your highness? Forgive me for not giving a shit about what you think.
#963  March 23, 2021, 12:34:20 am
Then you prefer a big boobed waifu in Tekken? Dude, you're constantly saying how a videogame MUST be. Is there a game that you ACTUALLY like? You find her design boring and some other will find her a good direction. Copernico said some centuries ago that Earth spins around the Sun. Not around you :/
Awww, did I hurt your feelings by criticizing your boring character, your highness? Forgive me for not giving a shit about what you think.

I'm not your highness, I'm YOUR EXCELLENCY   :gorgeous:   (wig waving). You're doing the same here and in the KOFXV topic. Why don't you just apply to their staff so these games would looks as MAGNIFICIENT as YOU want? Remember, you're just ONE person. I love how Tekken 4 stages were handled, the strategies coming at each of them, but it was just me and few people more, the HARD core prefered how older stages were handled.

While you find her boring(WHY? develope this) some other people sees her pretty interesting. A bit of "reality"(even THIS IS TEKKEN) is welcome. Judging your stylish opinion, Makoto should be erased from Street Fighter because she's a karate user without fireballz and zomgz fireworkz. There's A LOT of fantasy fighters in tekken(oh, Gigas, Kuma/Panda, Zafina, Alisa, Lars, etc), some mid fantasy others( Nina, Anna, Katarina, Eddy...) and some into the real path(Steve, Miguel, Leroy, etc). So; WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? NAMCO WANTING TO PLEASE YOU AND YOU ALONE? Dude, you're not THAT important. Neither of us ALONE are. Deal with it. You're just a hater. Nothing pleases your refined palate. Then why not you making your own fighting game? THen we all be enlighted by your infinite wisdom  ::)
#964  March 23, 2021, 12:46:04 am
    • Brazil
Are you done? I'll just say one thing: this is not a boot-licking forum, it is a discussion forum and if I have something to criticize, I WILL, deal with it.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:49:45 am by Macaulyn97
#965  March 23, 2021, 12:47:07 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
some into the real path(Steve)
Technically Steve is artificially made so he falls under the mid fantasy type.

Admittedly, Leroy and Lidia being more grounded compared to the rest is a refresher to me but still Lidia doesn't really click with me.  Maybe her lore is the reason (and that damn eyescar) and we may never know the full extent of her story until she is canonically added in a future Tekken title.

Gameplay looks fine but for me she doesn't scream "play me nao" like Leroy has to me.
#966  March 23, 2021, 12:53:27 am
Are you done?

I could continue the whole day, plus:

Forgive me for not giving a shit about what you think.

For not giving a shit, you did give me lots of credit, hun :-*

some into the real path(Steve)
Technically Steve is artificially made so he falls under the mid fantasy type.

True, you're right. I meant, being in the real side for being tekken, something that you actually can see.

Admittedly, Leroy and Lidia being more grounded compared to the rest is a refresher to me but still Lidia doesn't really click with me.  Maybe her lore is the reason (and that damn eyescar) and we may never know the full extent of her story until she is canonically added in a future Tekken title.

I for example don't like how her face is made, someone talk above about porcelain faces and it's pretty much this. You can't see personality through them. Giving a scar is not enough. Mortal Kombat women, even worse modelled, have more personality. Also, cannonically added stories in Tekken seems not that important now. We all know about Katarina, Gigas and all, but their stories have not the same impact as previous characters, so her story would be untouched for some games more, IMHO. Some Tekken characters have Guile's syndrome, since their reasons to fight and etc doesn't change through the games :(

#967  March 23, 2021, 01:27:14 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I really do enjoy the new character. She seems fun. Reminds me of a Virtua Fighter styled character, which in Tekken is always welcome. Outside of maybe Leroy and Marduk, she might be my favourite DLC character, but that's just my opinion.

Also, FeLo. Ignore Mac. He always does these things, and his opinions doesn't matter to anyone but himself, so just ignore him like everyone else. It will save you some unecessary use of energy.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#968  March 23, 2021, 02:02:40 am
Exactly, I feel her bit Virtua Fighter like.This is interesting because it opens a door. Not talking about the long time rumored VF vs Tekken, of course. But well, Eliza was kinda an experiment in T:Revolution and we now have Geese and Gouki. Crossing fingers ^^!!

Also, FeLo. Ignore Mac. He always does these things, and his opinions doesn't matter to anyone but himself, so just ignore him like everyone else. It will save you some unecessary use of energy.

What I don't get is WHY is this hater. He may or may not like a game, character, etc. That's totally respectful, but talking as if ONLY his opinion matters ir what takes my nerves. Let's see in few days what does he thinks of changing her martial art to Keisy to a SF character I'm workingon with someone from this forum.
#969  March 23, 2021, 02:20:32 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Criticism is always good. Especially constructive criticism.
Her visuals are okay-ish, except her face and her hair (It looks like one of those in-game hair models bleached white).

Her fighting style is... meh, to say the least.
ANOTHER Karate?

We already have Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi and Kazumi as Karate practitioners. That's FOUR right now.

Lidia is going to be the fifth Karate character when there are so many cool, unseen martial arts that has yet to be seen.

I get that Bamco is a Japanese company and they are most familiar with their martial arts, but they really need to make something more unique like Zafina or Lei.
#970  March 23, 2021, 02:43:07 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Can't speak for Zafina, but Lei was absent from the base game bacause he was not popular enough IIRC. According to Harada, Lei had little demand for him by fans when deciding who were to return to Tekken 7. It seemed to be too high of a risk to be spending time and resources prioritizing him into the game, even if he was very unique. It was only after the initial game's launch that the outcry for Lei's absent became big enough for them to work on him.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/779857834661916672

Even if a character is unique or not does not seem to be the biggest priority for Bamco. However, I love how they brought back some great legacy characters. Fak, and some of the guests? Not my cup of tea. (Noctis and Negan mostly). But, that's what I like about this, we get diversity, and share different opinions.

I'm all for unique characters, but I do not mind similar characters either. I'm super happy that I can play Anna Williams over Nina. Or Heihachi over Kaz or Jin as some examples.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#971  March 23, 2021, 02:48:45 am
That's not white hair, that's blond. Look at the tag card at the end that's not affected by the evening sunlight / nighttime filters of the stages. Her face looks fine to me, it looks weathered and mature, I really like it. I think the porcelain glaze is again due to the light filters from the stages, personally I see a Metal Gear type of face. It does look weird next to Paul's face full of low res cracks that are supposed to be wrinkles.
The Mishimas are much more fantasy Karate than actual Karate (and Kazumi's take on it seems to include some Aikido/Jujitsu-like movements, while Kazuya's wide hooks have always been more of a boxing feel putting his back into it - but his kicks are great). Jin got a lot closer to regular Karate after 4, but still keeping the flashiest moves of Karate with super wide range and a lot of spin ; Lidia seems to be super core traditional Karate (she's being compared to an Olympic Karate woman from 2017 on Twitter), which is a nice thing. it's like comparing Hwoarang's Taekwondo to Kim Kaphwan or Juri, and there still are different styles of Karate (Kyokushin is very different from Shotokan). If she brings a VF feel to Tekken with complex inputs and rapid tight movements, that's very different from the Mishimas we have right now.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:07:05 am by Byakko
#972  March 23, 2021, 04:07:05 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
That's not white hair, that's blond. Look at the tag card at the end that's not affected by the evening sunlight / nighttime filters of the stages. Her face looks fine to me, it looks weathered and mature, I really like it. I think the porcelain glaze is again due to the light filters from the stages, personally I see a Metal Gear type of face. It does look weird next to Paul's face full of low res cracks that are supposed to be wrinkles.
The Mishimas are much more fantasy Karate than actual Karate (and Kazumi's take on it seems to include some Aikido/Jujitsu-like movements, while Kazuya's wide hooks have always been more of a boxing feel putting his back into it - but his kicks are great). Jin got a lot closer to regular Karate after 4, but still keeping the flashiest moves of Karate with super wide range and a lot of spin ; Lidia seems to be super core traditional Karate (she's being compared to an Olympic Karate woman from 2017 on Twitter), which is a nice thing. it's like comparing Hwoarang's Taekwondo to Kim Kaphwan or Juri, and there still are different styles of Karate (Kyokushin is very different from Shotokan). If she brings a VF feel to Tekken with complex inputs and rapid tight movements, that's very different from the Mishimas we have right now.

Yeah sure, you can argue that all of them are "different".

But the core problem is that Bamco wants to simplify many of the "similar" fighting styles from the past installments.

Hwoarang Baek
Eddy Christie
Asuka Jun
Julia Michelle

Yet, they are willing to add another Karate character with a "traditional" style while deleting many of the older ones.

Hypocritical much?
#973  March 23, 2021, 09:06:37 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#974  March 23, 2021, 10:24:41 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
#975  March 23, 2021, 10:32:54 am

Her fighting style is... meh, to say the least.
ANOTHER Karate?

We already have Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi and Kazumi as Karate practitioners. That's FOUR right now.

Lidia is going to be the fifth Karate character when there are so many cool, unseen martial arts that has yet to be seen.

Maybe it could be useful for future sequel of Tekken Tag such as having kazumi and lidia to be in a team as karate women duo or something :P

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#976  March 23, 2021, 11:15:06 am
Sure.
You do you, buddy.  ;D
Please point out how Lidia's moveset is a clone from any of the Mishimas, in the way Baek/Hwoarang and Eddie/Christie and Asuka/Jun were clones.
If the Mishima style wasn't called Karate, you wouldn't even know it and Lidia would be called brand new (because newsflash, Mishima style is not Karate). If anything, the Mishima style should never have been called Karate, and Kazumi shouldn't even have had another variation of the Mishima style but her own moves entirely.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:19:03 am by Byakko
#977  March 23, 2021, 11:39:20 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Sure.
You do you, buddy.  ;D
Please point out how Lidia's moveset is a clone from any of the Mishimas, in the way Baek/Hwoarang and Eddie/Christie and Asuka/Jun were clones.
If the Mishima style wasn't called Karate, you wouldn't even know it and Lidia would be called brand new (because newsflash, Mishima style is not Karate). If anything, the Mishima style should never have been called Karate, and Kazumi shouldn't even have had another variation of the Mishima style but her own moves entirely.

The fact that you call those characters "clones" clearly indicates you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hwoarang has multiple stances while Baek does not.
Hwoarang is in your face-style character while Baek was more of a "watch your back" in TT2.
Some also argue that Hwoarang's TKD is ITF where Baek's is WTF, which I don't really agree.

Eddy and Christie both play similarly but certain combos Eddy can do, Christie can not, vice versa.
Eddy has a bigger hitbox but safer strings while Christie is the opposite.

Jun and Asuka look similar regarding their stances, but Jun plays more defensively.
Asuka has more stances that counters confused opponents whereas Jun has baits.

Julia and Michelle are also on the same boat.
Julia is more of the upgraded version of Michelle while the latter stayed relatively the same.
She has more moves that are mid-safe while the other has more stances.

Honorable mentions:
Lili & Sebastian
Sebastian is kind of the older version of Tekken 5's Lili.

Kuma & Panda
Similar look but different play styles.

Roger/Roger JR/Alex
Can't say for those three, cuz I never really touched them.

Nina & Anna
Similar fighting style, but different executions and combos.
Nina is jabs, Anna is 50/50.

Conclusion:

I know what I'm talking about.
We've lost Baek, Christie, Jun, Michelle for having the same "martial art" as their counterparts yet they are willing to allow 5 Karate players (albeit being played differently).
We only got Julia and Anna as DLC (thank GOD) but I read that Harada was not pleased about it.

He said that old characters don't make money.
So even if the characters play differently, they deleted the aforementioned characters simply to make more "space" for new, hot characters like Lidia.

It's ridiculous.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:48:39 am by Kolossoni
#978  March 23, 2021, 11:49:16 am
I meant in term of moves, not gameplay. A lot of those characters have the same attacks, even if they're used differently. Lidia has
- different moves
- different gameplay
so she's pretty much not the same at all by any standard and there's really no reason to even complain that it's "yet another Karate user".
#979  March 23, 2021, 11:57:47 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I meant in term of moves, not gameplay. A lot of those characters have the same attacks, even if they're used differently. Lidia has
- different moves
- different gameplay
so she's pretty much not the same at all by any standard and there's really no reason to even complain that it's "yet another Karate user".

Your logic makes absolutely no sense.
Just because certain characters "share" moves, it doesn't mean they're clones.

Hell, just because Heihachi and Kazuya both have shared hellsweeps doesn't mean they're clones right?
Not to mention Jin & Devil Jin.

So, the same can apply to all the characters I mentioned above.

Secondly, you argue that Lidia doesn't have the same "gameplay" but I also said that all the mentioned above revolve around distinct gameplay of their own.

So far, I can tick both checkboxes regarding what makes a character "unique" and yet there are 5+ characters that were let go simply because they "shared" the same name of martial art.

Hwoarang/Baek - TKD
Asuka/Jun - Kazama fighting style
Eddy/Christie - Capoeira
Lili/Sebastian - Lili's fighting style
Julia/Michelle - Baji Quan
The Rogers/Alex - Custom boxing

Yet we get 5 fighters under the same category as "Karate".
#980  March 23, 2021, 12:05:45 pm
Heihachi
Kazuya
Devil Jin
Jin(traditional kárate)
Bob
Kazumi
Gouki
Lidia.

8 karate fighters and yet those 8 play different with different moves. Of course I would liked having other martial art on scene, but...