YesNoOk

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Read 751104 times)

Started by SNT, December 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
#981  March 23, 2021, 12:17:25 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
What's funny is that Jin is considered "traditional" by many players and yet here we are with Lidia another "traditional" Karate practitioner.

I'm not hating on the Karate characters.

It's just that I would like to see something more unique than the same old "Karate" characters.

KOF does this well and it's not impossible for Tekken since we have characters like Zafina and Dr. Bosconovitch.
#982  March 23, 2021, 12:51:15 pm
We have 4 Mishimas and 2 Karate. The Mishimas have a number of moves in common, but then they also have a number of moves that are very different.
Those I call "clones" have almost their entire movesets identical, with variations that have grown since they were first reintroduced. Because the second one was created later as a younger evolution of the first, but then the first came back to give variation to the same movesets. Those variations are what you talk about - different timing, different defensive/offensive approach etc.
It's not rocket science for anyone who has been through those games as they came out, it should be obvious who is or is not a clone.

Also Jin is much more traditional than the Mishima, but he's still a lot of fantasy Karate with those wide flying swings and explosive punches. Lidia is actual real world Karate, which is something that Tekken 7 has been putting a lot of work in - real world styles without the fantasy magic punches. Lidia is exactly what they've been doing, since Josie to Leeroy to Fahkumram. And if you say you want to see something more unique, Lidia seems to have entirely new moves and gameplay, so beside the fact that it's called Karate next to those styles that are not Karate but are still called Karate, I don't see what you're actually complaining about beside the fact that those Mishima characters are called Karate when they're not Karate.
Just pretend that her style is called Boobidiboo and see if that works for you.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:55:34 pm by Byakko
#983  March 23, 2021, 01:03:13 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
So Bandai Namco, the company who literally stated that those are "Karate" are wrong?

Go figure.

Also, I'm only mad because many of the Karate characters are strong~OP in Tekken 7.
Lidia surely doesn't look weak.

But like you've said, we'll just have to see.

Edit: Woops said too soon. Chikurin said she's BETTER than Leroy. RIP Tekken.
#984  March 23, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
So Bandai Namco, the company who literally stated that those are "Karate" are wrong?

Go figure.
??? Yes. Fantasy Karate is not real world Karate. Wind God Fist, Dragon Uppercut, Laser Scraper, Hellsweep are not moves that exist in real life.
Bamco never said they used Karate, they said they used Mishima Karate, AKA "not real world Karate". I don't remember if Jin's style was ever given a proper name beside "unlearning the Mishima style and relearning his own version of Karate".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 01:16:34 pm by Byakko
#985  March 23, 2021, 01:53:14 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

Go figure.
??? Yes. Fantasy Karate is not real world Karate. Wind God Fist, Dragon Uppercut, Laser Scraper, Hellsweep are not moves that exist in real life.
Bamco never said they used Karate, they said they used Mishima Karate, AKA "not real world Karate". I don't remember if Jin's style was ever given a proper name beside "unlearning the Mishima style and relearning his own version of Karate".
Hahahahahaha Yeah and when they say Hwoarang practices "TaeKwonDo" with nothing fantastical mentioned means real life TKD is like that?
Get out of here with that BS man.

No shit their movements are mostly exaggerated, emphasized on fantastical elements more than real life practices.

But they're mostly based on real life martial arts.
Motion captured based on actual practitioners and martial artists.

It doesn't matter what Bamco mentions or doesn't mention.
#986  March 23, 2021, 02:29:29 pm
So why is Lidia giving you issue just because her style is labeled Karate ?
(And yes, the Mishimas have been getting new combos and animations closer to real Karate since TTT2 / T5 for the reason you say, but the base design of their movesets since T1 to T3 were much more fantasy styled, and those moves are still what define their style)
#987  March 23, 2021, 02:31:01 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

Because she looks, feels and plays like a boring character.

Her martial art is meh, her visuals are meh and most importantly, Bamco can do better.
#988  March 23, 2021, 02:45:16 pm
But that's, like, your opinion, man. I think her design and moves are great and new, and she's exactly in line with the type of characters Bamco has been doing in these DLCs (Leroy and Fahk).
#989  March 23, 2021, 02:57:02 pm
    • Brazil
But that's, like, your opinion, man. I think her design and moves are great and new, and she's exactly in line with the type of characters Bamco has been doing in these DLCs (Leroy and Fahk).
And God forbid he has an opinion different than yours, right? Nobody is here to coddle developers, if people want to criticize stuff, they have the right to do so and they will, whether you and any other fanboy likes it or not.
#990  March 23, 2021, 02:58:14 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hey.

Everybody dial it back.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#991  March 23, 2021, 04:34:48 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Lidia uses actual shotokan karate. The other characters' karate is about as karate as the karate everyone who looks at from a guy doing fighting moves and saying they're doing karate. Arguing over this karate bullshit is the same as arguing about multiple characters using swords in Smash.
#992  March 23, 2021, 05:37:02 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
And God forbid he has an opinion different than yours, right? Nobody is here to coddle developers, if people want to criticize stuff, they have the right to do so and they will, whether you and any other fanboy likes it or not.

No it's fine.
Clash of opinions happen all the time.

He was respectful, I was too so all good.
#993  March 23, 2021, 07:35:06 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Because she looks, feels and plays like a boring character.

Her martial art is meh, her visuals are meh and most importantly, Bamco can do better.

Why? Maybe you just like fighting games with tons of sparks and all. I prefer a realistic aproach, but also find VF pretty boring, most of the characters are VERY slow to me. So Tekken is a good intermediate game between most of people's likes and mine, I guess.

It's fun you're saying this while you're complaining about EVERYTHING, seemengly other people's opinion is BS to you. I like Tekken and I don't like certain characters(Lars, Alisa, Lili, etc) but I'm not making a drama like you do at EVERY topic you appear in.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#994  March 23, 2021, 08:34:28 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Haha no. Nothing sparkly fits my taste.
I just can't shake the feeling of staleness from this new character. Like, I wouldn't bet too much that she'll reappear in Tekken 8.

I've been playing Tekken since Tekken 4 and I think Tekken 7 is not that great of a game due to all the new characters ruining the balance.

Knee, Chikurin, JDCR and many of the professional Tekken players are commenting that Lidia looks borderline OP. Worse than Leroy.
This is because she shares many of his motions, launchers and even wall finishers with very safe frames. Her strings look easier too.
She's mostly anticipated to be one of the strongest characters of Tekken 7.

Also, aesthetically, I think Bamco could've done better.
She looks like a custom skin for another female character instead of looking like a standalone one.

Maybe she should've kept her suit as her base model, but rearrange it so that it's battle friendly like Lee Chaolan's clothes.
The current iteration looks way too mundane and don't get me started about the hair. Sheesh.
#995  March 23, 2021, 09:12:09 pm
    • Brazil
It's fun you're saying this while you're complaining about EVERYTHING, seemengly other people's opinion is BS to you. I like Tekken and I don't like certain characters(Lars, Alisa, Lili, etc) but I'm not making a drama like you do at EVERY topic you appear in.

I'm so sorry your ego is so fragile that my criticism of a game you had no involvement in making is such a threat to you, but guess what: my criticism will remain, because I'm entitled to my opinion, whether you and your fragile ego like it or not, your highness.
#996  March 23, 2021, 09:22:26 pm
    • USA
Since you felt this was so worth your time to report, let me answer in topic for the class!

Felo at least takes the time to talk about the topic at large. For the last two pages, you haven't. So let's put all our cards on the table, I am not banning you from another fighting game topic.

I will just ban you.

Work out whatever you need to work out in the way your brain works to get yourself back on course or that's all she wrote.
This time
This time
#997  March 23, 2021, 09:44:34 pm
but guess what: my criticism will remain, because I'm entitled to my opinion, whether you and your fragile ego like it or not, your highness.
Lol you literally just screamed at me on a post where I was doing nothing more than say "that's your opinion" followed by my own opinion. And I was talking to someone else, not you. So get fucked with your "I have a right to my own opinion, but no one else is allowed to talk back to me at all" entitled garbage.
#998  March 23, 2021, 09:52:55 pm
    • USA
Let's stop letting Macaulyn focus topics on him in general please
This time
This time
whens tekken x street fighter
#999  March 23, 2021, 10:28:40 pm
Probably never.
Only finally getting around to this. Haven't played in over a year or so.

- I personally feel new characters should wait for a new entry at this point, I'm not exactly moved.
- When you have 70 or so characters, "style" overlap is inevitable.
- She reminds me of Leroy and that's not good. Not surprising, balance has gotten kinda wack since Murray started manning the ship.

At least she's not smaller in game than in the cut-scenes. Or edged out in tattoos, yeah I was not impressed with modified Sagat. :P
#1000  March 24, 2021, 01:36:02 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Haha no. Nothing sparkly fits my taste.
I just can't shake the feeling of staleness from this new character. Like, I wouldn't bet too much that she'll reappear in Tekken 8.

I've been playing Tekken since Tekken 4 and I think Tekken 7 is not that great of a game due to all the new characters ruining the balance.

Knee, Chikurin, JDCR and many of the professional Tekken players are commenting that Lidia looks borderline OP. Worse than Leroy.
This is because she shares many of his motions, launchers and even wall finishers with very safe frames. Her strings look easier too.
She's mostly anticipated to be one of the strongest characters of Tekken 7.

Also, aesthetically, I think Bamco could've done better.
She looks like a custom skin for another female character instead of looking like a standalone one.

Maybe she should've kept her suit as her base model, but rearrange it so that it's battle friendly like Lee Chaolan's clothes.
The current iteration looks way too mundane and don't get me started about the hair. Sheesh.

If I were to say, I think she just overall looks and feels too basic. Too standard. Too vanilla. "Karateka" is the most basic fighting game archetype and has already been done to death. It doesn't help that her whole character is just "I fight for my country", which in a series like Tekken is pretty underwhelming.

She's not bad, but she's not good either. She's just okay.