YesNoOk

Beast by Gladiacloud, MotorRoach, and Kenshiro99 (Read 79699 times)

Started by MotorRoach, March 26, 2021, 02:24:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Beast by Gladiacloud, MotorRoach, and Kenshiro99
#41  March 27, 2021, 05:27:02 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
So, this one is a minor update, but Amidweiz surprised me with a handful of fixes to Beast's internal coding. Nothing that necessarily impacted the gameplay, but still very appreciated. Amidweiz also tweak a few other things, to make using a few of Beast's normals less likely to just go through thinner characters (I'm looking at you, Kung Fu Man):

- Fixed a handful of internal issues and deprecations
 - Width is slightly increased now
 - A. mp has a slightly extended hitbox and a. mk has the hitbox slightly lowered to make it less likely to just miss the attacks on thinner characters

Shit
#42  March 27, 2021, 07:04:16 pm
You deserve a good rest bro. I personally appreciate all the amazing stuff you did so far. Take your time and once again thanks Gladia. :)

The problem is, I don't know if I will return.

I no longer have the free time I had years ago. And to that must be added the fact that, after many years, I am realizing that spriting, as much as I may like, is proving to be a waste of time.

Its not my place to say - that is, on the value of your spriting and MUGEN work from your perspective - but I would respectfully disagree.  Hopefully, you enjoyed the time spent with MUGEN and creating such amazing characters, Beast certainly high on that list; but WITHOUT a doubt hundreds if not thousands (almost certainly higher) have enjoyed what you've created over the years.

The value of that for you on that - I don't know, again not my place to say.  But what I can say for me is the characters you've created over the years are some of the most beautiful, complex, and (most important to me) fun characters out there.  You have to be in the top 10 of MUGEN creators out there.  And the last year has been terrible for many people (I count my blessing, I'm pretty lucky) and no doubt your work has created some great escape from that - it has for me!  I'll be able to enjoy them for years.  BEAST MADE MY WEEK - so unexpected!  Looking around at the various MUGEN sites, I see its creating some buzz.

If this is your last character, I hope you enjoyed bringing some fun to us all.  But either way, Thank you very much!
#43  March 27, 2021, 07:18:00 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
this beast is great, i've enjoyed your previous work in the past but it's been fun
#44  March 27, 2021, 10:14:05 pm
    • Canada
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#45  March 28, 2021, 03:10:53 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#46  March 28, 2021, 03:24:28 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
omg, i don't like mvc style, but u did so amazing job, i can't believe this is fan made
keep up the amazing job
#47  March 28, 2021, 03:29:10 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#48  March 28, 2021, 03:41:56 am
#49  March 28, 2021, 03:46:51 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
#50  March 28, 2021, 04:04:35 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Kanjai got it right. Yolomate did this one based on "Marvel Zombies".
#51  March 28, 2021, 04:26:27 am
#52  March 28, 2021, 05:29:24 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
These are some pretty cool palettes. Just not a fan of how the red one looks, but then again, there's only so much you can do by changing the palette, to make him look like a zombie.

...by the way, one of Amidweiz's changes to Beast caused him to react weirdly to being knocked up or back from the p2 side, affecting his gameplay very oddly. So I just reverted the download link to the previous version before this bug happened, and I'll update it later on when we find out how to fix this. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Bug's been fixed and the new update is up. Thanks, Kamekaze.

Shit
Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:39:31 am by MotorRoach
#53  March 28, 2021, 07:48:44 am
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
#54  March 28, 2021, 07:56:00 am
    • Mexico
#55  March 29, 2021, 01:58:10 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#56  March 29, 2021, 02:22:38 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Nice set of palettes, Saltyy. I like the red and orange alts.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#57  March 29, 2021, 04:55:51 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper

I am almost 38 years old.

It is my age that makes me realize that I am wasting time.

Age should never be a hinder. You can always do other things, whenever, because you decide what you spend time with. All I can say is that you are truly talented, and I wish you the best with anything you decide to do, but I hope for you to understand that age should never be an issue for whatever you are doing. To me life is about being happy, and if you do something, no matter the creativity outlet, the time wasted or powers drained, if you enjoy what you do, and it makes you happy, then don't go against it. That will take the ultimate toll on your happiness, and that's the last thing I want for anyone.

Also, I wanted to comment more on-topic for Beast, as this is the ultimate Beast for mugen now, and the sprites are super clean, the moveset is incredibly fun, and it's coded really great. Thanks for another solid release, team.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#58  March 29, 2021, 06:04:13 pm
    • USA
there is always a time when we must take a call to action in our lives that is bigger than most things (mugen included), but there is always time to come back as well. Thank you for your work! I myself came back in 2018 after 10 years, I will definitely take a loooong break again after my project 3 years in the making is done.

Hope the best!
#59  March 29, 2021, 06:23:00 pm
I can imagine that makes a char requires a lot of time, i think the Mugen can be a combination, some guys make chars, another makes stages,lifebar and screenpacks and etc...

Excellent char makers are retired for now, but I think there always will be  great chars coming out, even in lesser quantity.

for me it’s enough that he created all the MVC ASSIST characters, anything beyond that is a bonus.

Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:55:58 pm by Mazemerald.

lui

#60  March 29, 2021, 11:13:41 pm
    • USA
Gladias done enough. If he wants to quit, thats fine. Let him quit on his own terms, he of all people has earned it. Nothing wrong with finally letting yourself rest.

Thanks for all youve done bud.