YesNoOk

STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault - Future of Fighting (Read 1839871 times)

Started by Mastertkof, January 07, 2017, 12:32:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: STREET FIGHTER III 4th Assault! Future of Fighting
#421  March 31, 2021, 09:51:32 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
In theory, could you adopt this 3d sprite ripping technique with Marvel vs Capcom 3 characters too?
#422  March 31, 2021, 01:31:24 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wohoo, upskirt festival ^^

Seriously, I can see some progress.
The "blurry effect" is a good idea, And it's something used in some of SF3 animations, (not for all moves of course)

Also, this effect should not replace good key frames of animation.

This is why I really recommand you to use what SFA did for Sakura and SF3 for Ryu/Ken's references.

Actually this accurate key frame reference work is what Capcom teams did for SFIV Dudley, Ibuki etc. (you can clearly see the keyframes from SF3 series in these characters)

Again, good luck.
#423  March 31, 2021, 04:49:02 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
I think the shader is neat, but tbh the sprites themselves are way too messy for SF3. They need a fair bit of manual adjustment. Maybe reduce colors the shader outputs, and then go in for touch ups? Or maybe render out the stuff at a higher resolution and use Inks method?
Mega quick and dirty but i think even minor tweakes would go a long way to making it feel more authentic

Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 05:45:47 pm by Yoshin222
#424  March 31, 2021, 11:13:23 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
So why not just use Sf4 Sakura in the first place?
Spriting is hard.
Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:19:25 pm by Diepod
#425  April 03, 2021, 11:40:09 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
In theory, could you adopt this 3d sprite ripping technique with Marvel vs Capcom 3 characters too?

Of course is possible, but for marvel vs capcom, i still don't know how...

Wohoo, upskirt festival ^^

Seriously, I can see some progress.
The "blurry effect" is a good idea, And it's something used in some of SF3 animations, (not for all moves of course)

Also, this effect should not replace good key frames of animation.

This is why I really recommand you to use what SFA did for Sakura and SF3 for Ryu/Ken's references.

Actually this accurate key frame reference work is what Capcom teams did for SFIV Dudley, Ibuki etc. (you can clearly see the keyframes from SF3 series in these characters)

Again, good luck.

hehehe let's go! thanks bro! this sakura is your idea (hahaha)

I think the shader is neat, but tbh the sprites themselves are way too messy for SF3. They need a fair bit of manual adjustment. Maybe reduce colors the shader outputs, and then go in for touch ups? Or maybe render out the stuff at a higher resolution and use Inks method?
Mega quick and dirty but i think even minor tweakes would go a long way to making it feel more authentic

sure, but you catch an old frame... anyway the lines is a problem on mmd, perhaps blender can handle it better (by blender shaders uses 3 outline colors, mmd only one)
So why not just use Sf4 Sakura in the first place?

cause the goal is get experience and frame data for my own game, i will make 4ht assault as a training for it, next year i will work on my own project and will need the bones that i posed by myself  (gethits, KO, fall, is possible to use without copyright errors)
by the way, i'm working on a personal use Sakura, just to learn and study how to rig perfect cloths and breasts, perhaps some litle physics on glutes too, like mai shiranui low kick
this is also helping to rip some of her sfiv animations, but of course no will use only it, sakura have several new moves, and others are stronger now.
i made this based on that
Published: Feb 20, 2016    5 years ago i released this mod for sfiv, i think convert is will be cool, and will help

updates almost done

Juri Wip
OLDNEW

all sprites that's no become with a (FINISHED) quote, is work on progress

some tests

some cool reference that i found on an asiatic twitter acount animator
i want something like that on the anime open, just saving for future reference

new outliner machine learning ia
on mmd and blender shader it goes out with only one shade outline, the new method will give 3 colors for lines, by reducing the value by 5% each pass
we will get 5%-10%-15% less value on color (brightness) by step of outlining (3 steps at all)
also, the GTX 650 (my new gpu) is suffering a bit with it (7~15 fps by rendering)
anyway doing this fast sakura to create a sfiv tool for some comissions that i will need to make soon

blender + ia process result on 8x size
Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:21:56 am by Mastertkof
#426  April 08, 2021, 03:18:39 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
*sfiv rip tool updated
*script running as plugin (no need to do anything outside blender anymore)
*outline system updated
*Sakura panties updated (striped, alpha size, sfv size, a flower of sakura design, the classic vertical stripes added)

ripped with new panties

start to rip sfv
at all only laura, but sure more girls and 2 guys from v will come with her
Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:47:23 am by Mastertkof
#427  April 08, 2021, 03:10:24 pm
Wow, this looks great. I was looking trough the thread, how are you doing all of this? (In simple terms please :)) )
#428  April 08, 2021, 04:09:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
The rendering is clean, very good.
But sorry to say that, I think you lost yourself again into variations of Sakura concept.

I mean.
Her new sprite looks great, but I prefered the previous display ratio, now it's too much "squashed". even for SF3 display ratio.
This is my point of view.

Your SFIV mod looked very good. Actually the type of mod I like.
Not too nude, not b*tchy. just a mix up of cuteness and beauty.

BUT, I don't think SF3 Sakura need this shorter skirt.
this very lose/low skirt-belt is really too much... But you are the one to decide.

It makes me a bit disapointed inside, because you reached the best rendering+design of Sakura then you change everything to maker her more "sexy"...
Also, giving her tons of underwear designs just make the palette and display very strange... but again, you decide.

Also, the animation you got on twitter.
"asiatic twitter acount animator"
Do you remember his account. he have really nice animation skills.

Anyway, good luck.
I'll keep an eye on it, if you ever come back to something less b*tchy for Sakura.
Again, your previous was already perfect
#429  April 09, 2021, 12:46:18 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Awesome rips!! Also, I agree with Ned, Sakura does not need a "pervy" touch. Her skirt kinda falls at some sprites, leaving her underwear visible. I mean, this kind of "details" fits more in Poison/Roxy. Just my opinion.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#430  April 09, 2021, 12:54:42 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Wow, these came out really nice! I think the bounce the skirt has makes sense for the kind of movements she is making and SF3, I've never seen a low wasted schoolgirl uniform though. I played with this a little bit.

Another thing to keep in mind is light areas and shadowed areas rarely share colors in SF3. You'll mainly notice that when looking at their outlines.

I don't know if it would help with your process at all but here is the process I use to keep the areas colors separate.
Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 01:30:57 am by inktrebuchet
#431  April 09, 2021, 04:04:24 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Wow, this looks great. I was looking trough the thread, how are you doing all of this? (In simple terms please :)) )

just rip models and animations from fighting games and render it again on blender

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Again, your previous was already perfect
thanks again Ned, btw Sakura need to change engine MMD can't gimme the outline that i want
also, she is not going to "change" at all to this rip, but i will also rip all animations from sfiv

the great problem is: we need now to sync bones of 2 games (sf4 and sf5) and a tool (mmd)
i will need to create a mod of sakura to sfiv with my changes
rip it again, or create a mmd model with same scale and clothes, still don't know how to solve it
the old rendering is not good to me at finishing it by hand, need more manual work that i had time to do...
with new outliner i can edit only the face
btw the Sakura of the project is still this one:

also, we making several tests:
our Discord is private for members of staff, but i will talk with the guys about any kind of open channel

Awesome rips!! Also, I agree with Ned, Sakura does not need a "pervy" touch. Her skirt kinda falls at some sprites, leaving her underwear visible. I mean, this kind of "details" fits more in Poison/Roxy. Just my opinion.

your opinion is always welcome, thanks, for the rip i don't want to change it anymore (i already rip alot of animations)
but on main sakura i will do some adjusts

Wow, these came out really nice! I think the bounce the skirt has makes sense for the kind of movements she is making and SF3, I've never seen a low wasted schoolgirl uniform though. I played with this a little bit.

Another thing to keep in mind is light areas and shadowed areas rarely share colors in SF3. You'll mainly notice that when looking at their outlines.

I don't know if it would help with your process at all but here is the process I use to keep the areas colors separate.

oh, Ink. btw need to talk with you about Bison, i like what you do on him, and after finish the girls Sagat, Guile, Bison and other iconic guys need to comeback, so will receive shaders too, and i want to ask permission to use the scale that you created as a base (just his size)

about colors:  this is it now.

i will try to improve based on your tips, anyway i develop the shader already using it

also, thank you very much for your edit on Sakura frame, feel free to post it anywhere just credit the shader
i love the scarf edit and the shirt that keeps vivid, the hight on wait skirt seems cool, anyway i not a big fan of the face totally sided (ibuki and chun)
and want something more 3/4 (makoto, elena, poison)
great edit at all, i like the pixel art over it, just want some diferent creative decisions on her look

#432  April 09, 2021, 04:49:00 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I'm so glad you already have the light and shadow areas separated like that! I still see some blue in the light areas outline but I'm sure you already know about that.

I forgot I messed with her face! I totally agree with you, a 3/4 view would look much better. And you're welcome to reference what ever you like from M.Bison.

I tried applying Twelve's palette to follow the same rules as the other chars. Hopefully it helps seeing it like this
Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 05:44:26 am by inktrebuchet
#433  April 09, 2021, 08:36:54 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
I'm so glad you already have the light and shadow areas separated like that! I still see some blue in the light areas outline but I'm sure you already know about that.

I forgot I messed with her face! I totally agree with you, a 3/4 view would look much better. And you're welcome to reference what ever you like from M.Bison.

I tried applying Twelve's palette to follow the same rules as the other chars. Hopefully it helps seeing it like this

thank you very much Ink

Laura Wip (working on hair, breasts, shirt, shorts, glutes, arms physics) pretty complex to fit the level that i want for she

the full palete spectre of sf4 sakura and some documentation, if someone want to try make pals or fixes

btw i make some censorship based on your try, i will edit the physics on the top of skirt, to don't move and it will let put alot of sizes to up size

about the palete, i can make it fit twelve style, but with 2 manually pass, take the triple of time... i'm trying to get it on the shader
still no sucess, but going close

#434  April 09, 2021, 12:40:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
So, we can say bye bye forever to the previous Sakura model...? T_T

What I regret is :

-the "round haircut..". (SFV style). SFIV style is good in many points (animations etc) but SFIV haircut always give me the feeling of a mullet like hair.
-the ratio display. New version is definitely a bit too wide. (to my point of view).
#435  April 09, 2021, 05:37:09 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
So, we can say bye bye forever to the previous Sakura model...? T_T

What I regret is :

-the "round haircut..". (SFV style). SFIV style is good in many points (animations etc) but SFIV haircut always give me the feeling of a mullet like hair.
-the ratio display. New version is definitely a bit too wide. (to my point of view).

I will change aspect tonight for sfiv sakura

The one that you calls "old" is the main sakura of the game. I can't just use sfiv cause she had other moveset. I'm changing the shader (the mehod of rendering)
The poligons and textures will keep almost like this is going.    Aside she still needs evil moveset. Shin moveset. A full work on animations again. This sfiv and sfv rips will produce fast atires to start coding something.   

Some moves like:

Need to be posed
I will still work on how i will make it... About model i preffer skirt and head as it as on mmd model...

#436  April 09, 2021, 09:09:01 pm
  • Why,
Good luck, project and real life!
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#437  April 10, 2021, 07:09:08 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Good luck, project and real life!
U2

some armature tests

after finish panty, let's work on some minor details
head style, face, proportions...

from top to bottom now:
Hair: OK
Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:45:53 pm by Mastertkof
#438  April 13, 2021, 12:33:49 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil

less shades?
he knows

after several tests

clothes physics will be on blender, bbd is to slow to make fast moves
blender requires alot of cpu and gpu calculation, but staff had good pcs, and some guys is working more in 2d sprites,
so other people can render and send only the sprites

some artistic decisions will be refined
but is almost this

bake done:
censored palete
original palete

Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:58:14 am by Mastertkof
#439  April 14, 2021, 12:36:21 am
  • SNK is life
; _ ;

All of what's going on here looks so cool. KEEP IT UP!!! XD