YesNoOk

Ikemen GO bug reports (Read 477349 times)

Started by Gacel, September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs
#161  December 30, 2020, 11:10:08 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
There's a pretty nasty bug in IKEMEN v0.96.  If any character uses a Projectile state control that has a negative (upward) starting Y velocity, the projectile never appears.  Y velocities of 0 and positive (downward) velocities work just fine.  I've tested this pretty consistently across multiple characters of mine.
#162  January 01, 2021, 10:26:39 pm
    • Brazil
The cursor.startcell option is not working
I'm not sure about P1, but P2 always starts at 0,0

EDIT:
Another thing... when I put custom resolution 850 x 480 and enter fullscreen mode the image stays incorrect.
Is it possible to fix that?
This resolution (850 x 480) works fine in Mugen when set to fullscreen mode (because i think it works just like 1280 x 720)

This is window mode:

And fullscreen mode (it cuts right part of screen)

I'm not sure exactly whats the problem here... but I hope you can fix that :(

EDIT 2:

I read this post here https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-go-184152.msg2439037.html#msg2439037
It looks like we talk about an old problem
I fixed now using native monitor resolution
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:07:05 pm by AlesRos
#163  February 13, 2021, 08:06:26 pm
  • MUGEN NEVER DIE
    • Brazil
The Drawgame have bug in turns mode.
for exemple:
if 3vs3 team turns and p1 first fighter drawgame with p2 last fighter the match over and p1 no win.
#164  February 13, 2021, 10:03:47 pm
    • USA
for exemple:
if 3vs3 team turns and p1 first fighter drawgame with p2 last fighter the match over and p1 no win.

yes its a known problem from devs. for me i customized it, go to start lua, look for "--rounds to win", and there is this section, i edited to be like this:

Code:
	for side = 1, 2 do
if t_rounds[side] ~= nil then
setMatchWins(side, t_rounds[side])
setMatchMaxDrawGames(side, t_rounds[side])
else
if side == 2 and main.charparam.rounds and start.f_getCharData(start.p[2].t_selected[1].ref).rounds ~= nil then --round num assigned as character param
setMatchWins(side, start.f_getCharData(start.p[2].t_selected[1].ref).rounds)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 3 and start.p[2].teamMode == 0 then --default rounds num (Tag)
setMatchWins(side, main.matchWins.single[side])
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 3 and start.p[2].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
setMatchWins(side, main.matchWins.tag[side])
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 3 and start.p[2].teamMode == 3 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[2].teamMode == 3 and start.p[1].teamMode == 0 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[2].teamMode == 3 and start.p[1].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 1 and start.p[2].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 0 and start.p[2].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[2].teamMode == 0 and start.p[1].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 0 and start.p[2].teamMode == 0 then --default rounds num (Tag)
--elseif start.p[side].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Simul)
--setMatchWins(side, main.matchWins.simul[side])
--elseif start.p[side].teamMode == 3 then --default rounds num (Tag)
--setMatchWins(side, main.matchWins.tag[side])
else --default rounds num (Single)
end
setMatchMaxDrawGames(side, main.matchWins.draw[side])
end
end

Feel free to customize how you like. for me this fixs the issue
#165  February 16, 2021, 01:44:21 am
  • MUGEN NEVER DIE
    • Brazil
for exemple:

yes its a known problem from devs. for me i customized it, go to start lua, look for "--rounds to win", and there is this section, i edited to be like this:

Code:
	for side = 1, 2 do
if t_rounds[side] ~= nil then
setMatchWins(side, t_rounds[side])
setMatchMaxDrawGames(side, t_rounds[side])
else
if side == 2 and main.charparam.rounds and start.f_getCharData(start.p[2].t_selected[1].ref).rounds ~= nil then --round num assigned as character param
setMatchWins(side, start.f_getCharData(start.p[2].t_selected[1].ref).rounds)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 3 and start.p[2].teamMode == 0 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 3 and start.p[2].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 3 and start.p[2].teamMode == 3 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[2].teamMode == 3 and start.p[1].teamMode == 0 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[2].teamMode == 3 and start.p[1].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 1 and start.p[2].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 0 and start.p[2].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[2].teamMode == 0 and start.p[1].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Tag)
elseif start.p[1].teamMode == 0 and start.p[2].teamMode == 0 then --default rounds num (Tag)
--elseif start.p[side].teamMode == 1 then --default rounds num (Simul)
--setMatchWins(side, main.matchWins.simul[side])
--elseif start.p[side].teamMode == 3 then --default rounds num (Tag)
--setMatchWins(side, main.matchWins.tag[side])
else --default rounds num (Single)
end
setMatchMaxDrawGames(side, main.matchWins.draw[side])
end
end

Feel free to customize how you like. for me this fixs the issue
Nice know with the devs are in work the problem.
Thank you airforce111, I go try test the code and report here later.

#166  March 06, 2021, 08:00:25 am
    • USA
Gacel, can you add a way to toggle off GLFont?

https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen-GO/issues/153

I saw that on 09/23/2020 that you said "I think I can add a way to toggle off GLFont."

That would seem to be the easiest way to solve this issue as the Intel Chips and Drivers are capable of the minimum requirements of Ikemen Go; yet the bug persists anyway. Also, I have found what others have noted; switching to 130 doesn't do anything to stop the engine crash.

The crash seems to center around some but not all Intel Chips; but also does not seem restricted to a specific operating system. This is clear because GNU + Linux, windows, and mac are all producing the crash for different people in the bug report.

Because the bug has existed for almost seven months; I think being able to simply toggle off the GLFont would be the quickest solution to at least get the engine to not crash until a more comprehensive fix can be figured out.
#167  March 06, 2021, 06:50:25 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#168  March 11, 2021, 05:30:59 am
    • USA
I have the fix for the OpenGL GLSL Shader bug.

https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen-GO/issues/153

I have the fix! At least a workaround.

So, the problem is that Ikemen Go is a "context-unaware application." Which, from my understanding, means that it's not programmed to actually check which version of OpenGL you're running.

As a result, either the program (or maybe the OS?) defaults to running a version below what the Ikemen Go engine actually needs.

This means that even though you have a graphic card that can run the program, the program doesn't check to see if that's true and just assumes you don't and then reports a false error message instead because it's trying to run the program as OpenGL 3.0 for "maximum compatibility." Which is ironic, because that breaks the program.

So, here is what you actually need to do. You need to open the program through a Terminal and add this string in front of the program to force the program to realize that your card can actually run it.

So, first, navigate your Terminal to the folder your Ikemen Go binary is stored in.

cd /home/username/Downloads/Ikemen_Go_Linux

Or, you know, wherever you have your program stored.

Then, run the fallowing command in Terminal.

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3 ./Ikemen_GO_linux

For mac people, you'll have to edit this line to tell it to open the mac binary.

This will force the engine to open with OpenGL 4.3 instead of 3.0 and the engine will open without crashing and run perfectly fine. At least, that's what fixed it for me.

I was able to just use 4.3 like in the example to get it working. You might have to poke around with versions until you find something your card supports and Ikemen Go can run on.

I don't know programming, but what needs to be done now on the programming side of things is to tell the engine to actually check which version of OpenGL you have so that it can run. I don't know if there is a way to have it probe the OS and get that information or what. But, something about Ikemen Go doesn't bother to check, apparently.

This is where I sourced the solution from.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/850900/why-is-my-opengl-version-stuck-at-3-0-despite-new-hardware-software

UPDATE

I have found a solution to this problem that works for me. Maybe it will work for you too.

"export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5

If the problem is solved, store this
for the user in ~/.bashrc or system wide in /etc/profile
If saving changes is not sufficient, use rootcopy.
Check if being set with printenv"

I found it from here.

https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?t=9109

So, here is what I did. I did not do user, instead I did system.

I did sudo nano /etc/profile

Then, at the very bottom, I added the line "export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3"

I did 4.3 instead of 4.5 because 4.3 is what was working for me in Konsole.

I then restarted my computer.

IKEMEN GO now launches when double clicked within its folder without having to open it from Terminal with "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3" in front of it every time because the whole system is now told to open programs in 4.3 as default instead of 3.0. Minetest also runs under 4.3 instead of 3.0 now. This is how I know it's for the whole system. IKEMEN GO now launches, where before it didn't. Minetest did launch, and still does. But, once in Minetest, the top of the window shows what version of Open GL it's running and now it says 4.3 instead of 3.0.

I don't know if this will work for mac computers. I don't know if this is caused by IKEMEN GO or the Operating System or the Driver.

I will say that this is an important issue to fix as it lets people run the program on GNYU + Linux Operating Systems and older hardware that is completely capable of running it.

My best guess, at this point, is that for whatever reason the modern OS or graphic driver doesn't really understand by default what these older Intel Chips are capable of graphically and so chooses to run under 3.0 for "maximum compatibility" even thought the chip is actually capable of far more.

So, again, the solution for me was simple. Simply add that line to /etc/profile at the bottom and reboot and the entire system now forces programs to open in Open GL 4.3 instead of the 3.0 default.

I don't know if anything can be done IKEMEN GO side to probe the system and correct this. But, considering it's an OS default that is getting in the way I don't have high hopes that there is anything that can be done. If I remember correctly, I think the Konsole itself would report 3.0 as the version by default because of the badly chosen default. So, even if IKEMEN GO did or does probe the OS, the OS is lying to it and telling it 3.0 when higher versions work just fine. So, maybe the only solution to this is to manually set a system level override like I did. Or, a user level one like I didn't try yet.
Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 06:22:37 am by EVILED
#169  March 16, 2021, 02:05:01 am
    • USA
system.def no longer reads from a custom directory. This is why alot of screenpacks aren't working from normal mugen.

Code:
;Directories are checked in this order:
;1. current directory system.def is in
;2. data/
;3. your MUGEN directory
;eg. If you write "spr = system.sff", and this system.def file
;    is in ~/mugen/data/mymotif/, then Mugen will first look
;    for ~/mugen/data/mymotif/system.sff. If it does not find
;    it there, it looks for ~/mugen/data/system.sff (the default).
;    Finally, if that is not found, it will look for
;    ~/mugen/system.sff.

Doesn't seem to work this way anymore. Only seems to read from the data folder only.
#170  March 16, 2021, 09:57:50 pm
    • USA
    • avoryx@yahoo.com
I'm using the most recent version of Gacel's fork
What causes some tag characters to fall from the ceiling and fail to tag in?
Is it a certain state?
#171  April 05, 2021, 12:17:58 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
When they are controlled by AI only? Or also happens when a human controls the char?
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#172  April 05, 2021, 01:10:35 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
I'm using the most recent version of Gacel's fork
What causes some tag characters to fall from the ceiling and fail to tag in?
Is it a certain state?

its state 5600 that the tag code uses so if the character is already using it, you'll get that issue
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#173  April 05, 2021, 05:09:38 am
Been helping test out OHMSBY's characters in Ikemen GO and noticed that the animated character portraits like in pic related aren't consistently reading the xscale and yscale coordinates in character CNS files, resulting in cases where characters are way bigger or smaller than they should be.
#174  April 05, 2021, 02:00:08 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
I have the same problem using portraits with chars that have localcoord, like in mugen, the portraits are smaller than normal ones.
#175  April 05, 2021, 05:51:51 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Been helping test out OHMSBY's characters in Ikemen GO and noticed that the animated character portraits like in pic related aren't consistently reading the xscale and yscale coordinates in character CNS files, resulting in cases where characters are way bigger or smaller than they should be.

what you need to do is go to the char.def and add a "localcoord" and add the X,Y value sometime some character dont have one xD

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#176  April 15, 2021, 08:59:31 pm
    • China
Is  survival.maxmatches working?

I can't get the order=2~ to reflect
#177  April 16, 2021, 06:03:06 am
    • Japan
The sound of IKEMEN GO sometimes disappears for a moment.

Another thing, if you guard the enemy's attack with MUGEN's AI guard, Red Life will increase.
It also occurs when the Training character option AUTO GUARD is turned on.

Below is a video of the Red Life bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJhJZenZ2K0
#178  May 10, 2021, 05:30:16 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
https://i.imgur.com/pR3kCQf.png

There is a feature called portraitScale that could help with cases like this.
You need to add it to the def file of the char in the [info] area.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#179  May 21, 2021, 09:28:12 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Hey, I've come to report a few graphical bugs with my characters:

Using Ikemen GO 0.96.3

Tamaki_JM:
-Super Move Spark is being drawn with no transparency in the wrong spot, "Rainbow Spark" does not work properly, Burst mode super background is not at the right spot:
Spoiler: Intended (MUGEN 1.0) (click to see content)
Spoiler: Ikemen GO (click to see content)

Yukari_JM:
-Same issue with the "Rainbow Spark"
Spoiler: Intended (MUGEN 1.0) (click to see content)
Spoiler: Ikemen GO (click to see content)
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#180  June 04, 2021, 07:51:07 pm
    • Brazil
Hi guys, i'm having trouble with some animated portraits, can you help me please?