YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 747458 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1081  May 20, 2021, 04:40:27 am
    • Mexico
Bro no seas mamon, a Metal Slug stage? Specifically the opening stage from the best Metal Slug game of all? That's some serious love on the part of SNK. Yes, a million times yes. It's the best looking stage so far, by far.

Ralf and Clark look as expected. The trailer was mostly Clark beating the shit out of Ralf, just like the AOF trailer was mostly Robert beating the shit out of Ryo. Is this going to be a thing from now on?
#1082  May 20, 2021, 04:46:41 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
WOW that Metal Slug stage is freaking beautiful! I love it! I was not expecting that, yes SNK <3 <3
#1083  May 20, 2021, 04:51:50 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
METAL SLUG STAGE HOLY SHIT!!!
#1084  May 20, 2021, 04:57:20 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Can we acknowledge that this trailer had, like, no sudden jump cuts?

ALSO METAL SLUG STAGE AHHHH.
#1085  May 20, 2021, 05:01:28 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Is it possible we might get an actual Metal Slug player? Found this quote on Twitter quite interesting:

OG-Man said:
This MAY BE A LONG SHOT but a Metal Slug stage could mean a Team Metal Slug to replace Team Other World. The Team could either be three of the four leads or Marco, Fio and Marspeople because they're in past SNK fighting games. #KOFXV #KOF15

Marspeople was the first Metal Slug character to appear in a fighting game, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos.

Fio appeared in The King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact II as a secret character.

Marco appeared in Neo Geo Battle Colliseum.
#1086  May 20, 2021, 06:25:33 am
    • Brazil
Well, if a Metal Slug character shows up, its definitely not on their team.
#1087  May 20, 2021, 12:37:36 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Not really impressed by their appearance or something, just like for Leona...
Even if I usuallt like Clark. I mean in the more classic KOF versions...

Looks pretty decent.
The good thing is we don't have to wait one more week, we can go on with another character/another team...

Yes, metal slug. Good to see it.
I'm pretty sure it will make some people pretty glad, I'm ok with this stage. Looks fresh.

I think we cannot expect Marco Rossi or something... But It would have been interesting since we saw him in NGBC in the past...
I feel the same for Kisarah or MudMan...
#1088  May 20, 2021, 12:46:13 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
In the cut NESTS plotline Igniz was gonna go to Mars. This stage confirms that Mars People are canon to KOF. SNK referenced NESTS again in KOFXIV. I'm not saying Verse is aliens... but he's aliens.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1089  May 20, 2021, 01:02:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Announcing Team Metal Slug!

(Sound of monkey's paw closing)

It's Metal Slug Attack OCs.
#1090  May 20, 2021, 02:35:14 pm
    • Netherlands
Interesting that none of the playable characters appear in the background (especially given how cameo heavy the backgrounds are). I wanna put on my tinfoil hat and says that that might be because there might be an actual Metal Slug Team this KOF. Which I would love. (Maybe we can finally get that full fledged Samurai Shodown team too)
#1091  May 20, 2021, 03:37:43 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
why does ralf get uglier every game
#1092  May 20, 2021, 03:43:03 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I wouldn't go as far as say that they'd make an entire Metal Slug Team, but a character is a very high possibility. With the Another World Team now having two vacant slots a MS character could easily fit there. OR, they could make it DLC, either works.
#1093  May 20, 2021, 04:08:24 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
The theme this time is just Okay. The stage was just solid.

I wouldn't go as far as say that they'd make an entire Metal Slug Team, but a character is a very high possibility. With the Another World Team now having two vacant slots a MS character could easily fit there. OR, they could make it DLC, either works.

Well If they do opt for Metal Slug the likely character would be Fio as she has made cameo as an extra Striker (fully playable in KOF 2006). Although Eri can be another blond replacing her if Yuki or Charlotte is not chosen for Another world.
By the way if there is a obsecure SNK game someone played maybe a character from there could be third wheel for the Another world.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1094  May 20, 2021, 04:09:17 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yes a metal slug stage, because metal slug turned 25 this year, so it makes a lot of sense, also ralf is now wearing a white tank top
#1095  May 20, 2021, 04:36:04 pm
I also don't expect a full MS team, if there was one this stage would be theirs and the Ikari would get their own stage. I also think one MS character in the other worlds team is possible.

I think Ralf and Clark finally look the way they should. The face Ralf is making at the beginning is weird, but the rest seems fine to me.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1096  May 20, 2021, 05:14:41 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i miss the 2002 UM ralf build/face
#1097  May 20, 2021, 05:22:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Well If they do opt for Metal Slug the likely character would be Fio as she has made cameo as an extra Striker (fully playable in KOF 2006).
Omg, Fio is so awesome in that game...!

But I doubt modern SNK will ever remember that the Maximum Impact games even existed, to be honest. :gonkgoi:
#1098  May 20, 2021, 05:32:48 pm
    • Brazil
I wouldn't be surprised, if there is one thing that would shatter expectations, it's a MI character or a team.
#1099  May 20, 2021, 11:19:21 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
I wouldn't mind a Metal Slug team, I think they are already canon right? Pretty sure they appear in the background in one of the Ikari team ending in some KOF...
#1100  May 21, 2021, 07:18:33 am
    • Netherlands
The only thing that might be kind of weird is that I imagine a Metal Slug team would be heavily (projectile-)weapon based, which tonally might feel a bit off considering how much the series is currently based on mostly martial arts. I know ranged weapons and guns have already been featured in some movesets but that was always to a limited extend. Unless they just throw the floodgates open entirely by also including more Samsho/Last Blade characters. 

Like others have mentioned I'd also be down with Marco or so just being part of another team, perhaps with Nakoruru and Gai Tendo or so. Though given that Metal Slug is already established/canon to the KoF world the team would no longer be called 'Another World' team then lol.