YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734323 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2521  June 18, 2021, 12:32:23 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Can't wait for the unstoppable Shrek announcement in that case.  Play All-Star on every match.

I would not mind a Shin Megami Tensai protag character.  But I'd be more interested in playing the games first. (Are they even on the Switch to get?  I know the third had a recent remastering)  This new fifth entry does look enticing and I'm generally curious about other monster collector games outside Pokemon like Dragon Quest Monsters or more recent Digimon games.  But from what I've seen the protags don't look compatible between one another to share a moveset and swap skins like Dragon Quest can manage.  And I don't know if there's a fan favorite amongst the protags of the series, though this new Code Vein-looking techno-Belmont looks neat.

Frankly the only repeating thing about the series I know are the penis snake that the internet refuses to let you not know is a thing Nintendo lets them get away with, the little snowman mascot, and their rivalry with Persona's fanbase.
#2522  June 18, 2021, 01:31:25 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#2523  June 18, 2021, 02:00:26 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I unironically believe that Shrek officially joining Smash would revolutionize the gaming industry as a whole.

and there is a theory going on that Atlus and SNK are the only 3rd party brands that don't have two reps as playable characters.

:thinking2:
Excuse me, sir......

...but isn't Atlus owned by SEGA, nowadays?

Isn't it the Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7?

...Welp, it turns out I slept on this one, as I admitely still gotta play Tekken 7 someday. It sure is the same place - which, in that case, I appreciate their accuracy!
Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:42:57 pm by NDSilva
#2524  June 18, 2021, 10:36:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Honestly, there hasn't been a single DLC character yet that hasn't blown every single prevalent theory at the time completely out of the water.  Even Byleth was completely unexpected with how entirely expected he was.  I'd say hang all the rumors and theories and just wait and see.  It could be anyone.

100% this. As I said earlier

The "smash leaks" have been getting way out of hand. Every single one I've seen has been dead wrong that it's obvious that these "leakers" are just throwing out guesses to hopefully get their five minutes of internet fame.
#2525  June 18, 2021, 11:57:46 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
The only "leaker" I actually would trust is the one dude who called not only Incineroar and Ken, but Piranha Plant DLC in the pre-release direct

Either that guy is an actual leaker or he got cosmic levels of lucky

But yeah, I don't trust leaks anymore -- they've reached a level of outlandishness, no matter how possible, are hard to believe
#2526  June 19, 2021, 09:09:25 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Only thing I want with the Kazuya DLC is Heat Haze (and maybe Soul Calibur music)
#2527  June 19, 2021, 09:38:25 am
    • Mexico
That would be nice. Might seem random as fuck but I want Sheep Grassland from TK6.
#2528  June 19, 2021, 09:43:55 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I share that sentiment.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2529  June 19, 2021, 01:55:26 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Soulcalibur music/anything seems like a lot to ask for but damn it'd make me happy.
That series has such great music.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#2530  June 19, 2021, 03:39:35 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Why do I feel like the track list is gonna consist of only themes that took place in temples, volcanoes, and Jin arrangements?

R.I.P Roger theme dreams
#2531  June 19, 2021, 09:35:29 pm
    • Mexico
I hope that isn't the case, and that this somehow turns into a repeat of the music contained within Terry's fighter pack. Not every song necessarily fit the aesthetic of the KoF tournament arena, and they were still added. Since Sakurai and Harada are buddies I hope their friendship shows through.
#2532  June 19, 2021, 11:44:16 pm
  • Raging Fist
man seeing Kazuya making it into smash kinda gives me some hope to play again.
#2533  June 20, 2021, 01:54:25 am
    • USA
I haven't checked the songs Terry came with.  How disconnected do they get from the Fatal Fury/KoF series and characters within?  The biggest one I recall is Psycho Solider, which still has a traceable line back through Athena and decedents.  And, you know, is important to video game history being the first freaking video game song with lyrics and all, something Sakurai and Smash would relish to include.

Bring it up because Soul Calibur's main connection to Tekken, outside being under the company's general umbrella, is just Yoshimitsu who is sort of a gag character in his shared existence between the two franchises and isn't even the same dude underneath.  If Soul Calibur music was to show, I'd expect it to show with an actual SC character in tow.  Unless there was a SCV recreation of a Tekken track for Devil Jin being in that, forget if there was or not?
Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 02:00:32 am by Long John Killer
#2534  June 20, 2021, 02:28:34 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Don't forget things like "Shin Ongishma" on Summit, "Planetary World Form" on Mario Galaxy, or "Ribble Rabble" on Pac-Land. They get random and pointless songs pretty often.
Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 02:49:28 am by MR. IBZS II
#2535  June 20, 2021, 02:41:37 am
    • USA
Third-parties work a bit different than first-party inclusions.  Lot less hoops to jump through to get them to add, say, Mach Rider over whatever they needed to do to get the original JENOVA in.  And Bamco worked on the game to begin with and had Pac-Man as a reoccurring character so I'd say he gets a little leeway on what follows suit. (Never did get why they dropped the superior Pac-Man stage from Smash 4 3DS going into Ultimate though)
#2536  June 20, 2021, 02:43:22 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I haven't checked the songs Terry came with.  How disconnected do they get from the Fatal Fury/KoF series and characters within?  The biggest one I recall is Psycho Solider, which still has a traceable line back through Athena and decedents.  And, you know, is important to video game history being the first freaking video game song with lyrics and all, something Sakurai and Smash would relish to include.
Terry came with Metal Slug songs, and Metal Slug is arguably even more disconnected from Fatal Fury than Psycho Soldiers is.

...no, having playable Fio in Maximum Impact does NOT count!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2537  June 20, 2021, 02:43:46 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Third-parties work a bit different than first-party inclusions.  Lot less hoops to jump through to get them to add, say, Mach Rider over whatever they needed to do to get the original JENOVA in.  And Bamco worked on the game to begin with and had Pac-Man as a reoccurring character so I'd say he gets a little leeway on what follows suit. (Never did get why they dropped the superior Pac-Man stage from Smash 4 3DS going into Ultimate though)

You mean the one with a gimmick that only worked when everyone had their own screens?
Because I think it's pretty obvious why it got dropped.
#2538  June 20, 2021, 03:02:17 am
    • USA
Because sure, they couldn't just rework the gimmick in it for the big Smash game for their new flagship console.

It's not that big a deal but it just kinda sucks if you're a diehard Pac-Man fan that you get the Microsoft Paint side-scrolling focused level.  The other one at least felt like the known Pac-Man series as a whole, arcade cabinet and all.

Anyways if Metal Slug songs were in Smash already then my point is moot, never mind then.  Haven't looked over the song list in a good while and haven't played in general since Sephiroth's hype period so guess I forgot.  Oh well.
Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 03:05:19 am by Long John Killer
#2539  June 20, 2021, 12:10:49 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Don't forget things like "Shin Ongishma" on Summit, "Planetary World Form" on Mario Galaxy, or "Ribble Rabble" on Pac-Land. They get random and pointless songs pretty often.

All included in the base version of Sm4sh. Distribution of songs there was whether or not they "worked" or were thematically consistent with the stage, similar to Brawl and technically Melee with "Mach Rider" and "Fire Emblem".

In Ultimate, while you can use any song from that stage's series, the misc. songs can now only be used on misc. stages like Pilotwings and Pictochat, as well as Final Destination and Battlefield as of a few updates ago.

Terry, being an SNK character, was bundled with music from other SNK properties like SamSho and Metal Slug. The question here is whether Kazuya will do the same (even if it's just SoulCalibur), or whether it'll all be strictly Tekken music.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2540  June 20, 2021, 02:31:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I wouldn't count on Tekken having as many tracks as SNK.  To hear Sakurai tell it, what happened in that case was that they sent SNK a huge list of potential songs and asked them to pick which ones they wanted Sakurai to use, and SNK just responded "yes."  It's not impossible, but I wouldn't take it for granted that it will happen again just because Kazuya's also a fighting game character.