YesNoOk

MFG - Your Retrospective (Read 13196 times)

Started by walt, July 06, 2021, 07:50:24 pm
Share this topic:
MFG - Your Retrospective
#1  July 06, 2021, 07:50:24 pm
  • SNK is life
After the most recent downtime, I noticed many of the MUGEN O.G.s on Twitter were concerned about MFG's disappearance.

If the MFG forums were gone tomorrow, what would you miss the most? Whether it's friends, or resources, or your own personal history, tell us about it!
Re: MFG - Your Retrospective
#2  July 06, 2021, 07:52:34 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I would miss updates on vsd the most luckily for me i've joined their server and anyone else should too if they're interested that is

but outside of vsd, I'll miss stage releases because i'll never know whether this stage has super jump or not
#3  July 06, 2021, 09:13:52 pm
  • Why,
We will see that :( ... not good feelings ...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#4  July 06, 2021, 10:25:39 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Mainly I would miss some friends, creators, moderators/admins/network members (that includes you Walt :love:) and importantly characters of the month/year. It really shows how the impossible would be no more considering these creations have a bit of special style & skill into them! Thats what I think I'll miss the most, if it ever happens.

Hope not :mcry:
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#5  July 06, 2021, 10:39:02 pm
  • SNK is life
Not gonna lie, most of the friends I've made I can communicate with on other Social Media Platforms, but I think what I'd miss the most is where to follow up on the projects that I'm currently interested in.

Also, there are so many tutorials and stories worth telling that are buried forever in here if it all goes down, and I'm pretty sure the World will be lesser for it
#6  July 06, 2021, 11:31:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I was pretty worried. Like, I cannot code at all without MUGEN Class
#7  July 06, 2021, 11:39:34 pm
I don't have any other forum left that still has a developed "others" section with a varied enough userbase that doesn't all have the exact same centers of interest, and I don't want to join a brand new community for that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  July 06, 2021, 11:53:02 pm
  • Raging Fist
In a lot of ways I would miss being able to lurk around here for different updates and such, eager to see whats new everyday. MFG was always a good place to be for my end since high school, even more so to learn about Mugen than what I can gather back at Mugen Infantry. If it wasn't without MFG, Newage, Phantom Gs, or even MFFA of all places I would not be able to learn a lot of what Mugen has to offer, more or less even do Palettes and stages. To have this place shut down is basically losing a part of memories I used to enjoy during my teenage years.
#9  July 06, 2021, 11:57:59 pm
I'm glad I wasn't the only one panicking. My muscle memory would kick in and I'd keep checking the site when I was bored, only to find it still down.

Honestly I'd miss so much of the cool stuff I've seen on here, from fullgames and artwork to generally interesting discussions. This is my go-to forum, MUGEN or otherwise. Not even to participate, mostly just as a spectator. This place became my home base after Sinhra shut down years ago, and it'd be heartbreaking to have to pack up and migrate to another one.
#10  July 07, 2021, 12:14:09 am
    • USA
Posters like ChainsawDentist and their words of wisdom, mostly. It's also a great archive of characters and stages. There's also the archive of optional animation standards for compatibility.
Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:19:52 am by Miru962
#11  July 07, 2021, 01:46:53 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#12  July 07, 2021, 02:36:42 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Losing this forum would be quite... devastating to say the least.

While I don't post much nowadays, it was my main home for a significant period of my life, the one place where I can come home to should everything else around me crumble away. MUGEN tends to be like a favorite toy: a source of comfort in trying times. The MUGEN Fighters Guild is life a toy store where I can fetch new toys or a home where I can play with old ones as I desire.

Other than emotional attachment, I would surely miss all of the release history and all of the development resources and help should this forum every go permanently away. I hope the admin team is on top of making sure a lengthy downtime does not happen again in the future.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#13  July 07, 2021, 03:08:30 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
So, I mostly come here to see news about mugen content, sometimes help people with code, etc. I like how organized everything is here and specially people here are very friendly. If the forum was gone for good at least we still have the discord server, of course the forum is way older and have a lot of history, helpful guides, and so on, but at least a good part of the members are in the discord server as well. Besides that, there is MFFA, I don't go there that often but still a good alternative to MFG, a lot of people from here are there too and is a good place to look for mugen resources.

I can say at least 70% of what I know about mugen I learned here in the forum, and also made some friends here, even with the alternatives I mentioned I'd be really sad if it was gone. :'(
#14  July 07, 2021, 03:27:14 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I just lurk and don't really post much anymore and even lurking is sporadic now.

I'm not going into details but it's a personal choice. After something like almost 14 years and seeing all kinds of shit it's finally happening.
#15  July 07, 2021, 11:18:13 am
  • all is love in fair and war
well, I miss the old days of internet forum, discord is like 5second of post, like a blurp, or fart in the wind, impossible to talk deeply or think about a topic.

I missed the old online chess too, I just come here every now and then to see if there is new something.

being a mid 40s guy with freelance comic jobs, I really have no time to draw sprites or even do any gaming nowadays, I only play mobile games, I don't even have mugen on my PC anymore, sad how time goes and how life changes.

I still have few other forums I'm a member of, different hobbies older members too, one about outerwear/ jacket (my daily home right now), the other is about 1/6 action figure (although I don't buy much these days).
#16  July 07, 2021, 01:37:52 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I became part of this forum for 12 years ago, and it's just been part of the daily norm to check in on current project that I am interessted in. It's discussions within the games and media that I am interested in as well. A great place to pick up new content by pretty confident content creators. Plus, if MFG were gone now, I would have no idea where to check up on these project. While there are other mugen forums out there, I do not believe there is something as diverse and grand as MFG, so, there would go the biggest ground I had for Mugen lol.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#17  July 07, 2021, 02:27:28 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
i felt like Mugen Fighter's Guild is my home, despite the negative feedback i get because i am still a kid who is struggling from depression and adapting into reality.
whenever i get bored i always come here. but when it was still down i panicked, like really. i feel like i'm losing a part of myself and my sanity.
#18  July 07, 2021, 05:52:31 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I was definitely stressed and I know there are a lot of other people that were too, many are too stubborn to post on the forum anymore.

I don't know how many times I checked to see if it was back up, when I knew it was probably still down. I haven't made a ton of friends here in the last 16 years but I'd miss everyone that I've followed for so long. Mugen Class was a huge game changer for me too! I don't know if I would have got into that side of mugen without it and I still use it a ton.

All of the art, codes, notes, dramas, history and stories buried here really are a treasure.

Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 06:30:40 pm by inktrebuchet
#19  July 07, 2021, 08:52:28 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i would miss you specifically, walt
#20  July 08, 2021, 03:47:45 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I actually just lurked the Discord server of Mugenguild when this site was down. I should be more active there. I just feel like it's crowded. May be I should put the logo on the top so as not to forget since I got over 20 other servers I've joined. Most of them I am not participating in.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.