YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 744693 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2681  October 08, 2021, 07:42:21 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I have said this to my friend, Smash Ultimate is the Smash game to end all Smash games. This is pretty evident that there will be no more DLC stuff coming for Ultimate. The game is basically fully complete, more like beyond complete because I wasn't even expecting DLC to even come after getting every single fighter who has ever been in a Smash game period.

I strongly doubt there'll be another Smash title after this, it's named Ultimate internationally for a reason. There is literally no way, no how the next Smash game will be on par with Ultimate. And if there was another Smash game in the works, I hope Sakurai isn't involved because he's done beyond enough for the fans of the series. He and his team deserve to rest.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2682  October 08, 2021, 08:36:14 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Smash sells way too well to stop doing it.

It won't reach the amount of stuff Ultimate had, but there will be another Smash game as long as it sells.
#2683  October 08, 2021, 09:29:23 pm
    • Brazil
They can easily launch Smash Ultimate - Complete Edition in a later console, let the franchise rest for a while and try to do the same thing as this one again. If they'll be able to match it? There is a good chance that they won't, but you never know.
#2684  October 08, 2021, 11:21:56 pm
    • Mexico
Alright, since people were talking about Sakurai leaving the franchise, may as well bring these two articles:
https://nintendosoup.com/sakurai-i-dont-think-everyone-is-here-will-happen-again-in-future-smash-bros-titles/
First, Sakurai mentioned he wasn’t sure whether he’d be able to work on the Super Smash Bros. series forever, but if the order comes from Nintendo, he will prioritize it for them, but he isn’t sure whether he’d receive the call to make another game.

https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-director-masahiro-sakurai-retirement/
However, Sakurai takes a surprising shift and says that it's because of this that "you have to fight and survive" in game development, and as a result he doesn't think he "can choose when [he'll] retire." Sakurai explains that thinks he should work as long as he can. Eventually, it's possible that his "heart gets broken" and he could quit, but so long as there's demand for his art he "can keep doing it forever." Suffice to say, Sakurai has a very profound approach to game development and his future.

Yes, bringing back everyone in Ultimate would be an impossible task, but I think these two quotes show pretty well that he can still keep doing games and more Smash entries if Nintendo wants him to. Obviously, such things are still far from the future, and we probably won't hear jack about another Smash game until the next Nintendo system, but getting him back to direct that title isn't an impossibility.

Personally, I think he's the only person that can do something to the franchise after such monumental game. It's probably gonna go through some similar flacks like UMvC3 suffered from the smaller roster, but that doesn't mean it can't be a great game and it would have less problematics than lending the franchise to another dev who has to fill the monumental shoes of Ultimate.
#2685  October 08, 2021, 11:31:33 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I mean, as long as I get to keep my mains (Roy, Ice Climbers, Lucas and Mega Man), I'll be fine.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2686  October 08, 2021, 11:43:55 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Any future Smash title will have to fundamentally rethink the game's formula from the ground up to be successful.  Ultimate pushed this series and this concept as far as it's probably ever going to go.  They won't be able to get away with doing less than Ultimate without doing significantly more of something else.
#2687  October 08, 2021, 11:51:00 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Fire Emblem if anything would take the biggest hit of reduction and reorganizing.  And Roy's kinda top of the chopping block list.  Regardless of being "our boy" or not in Smash, without series relevancy or a diverse movepool, he offers little in the grand scheme of the series that Marth does not already cover.  His inclusion after all was for nothing greater than the ease of marketing his upcoming new game.  Similar but to lesser extent to FemMarth and Chromebook because likewise their gameplay offers little new but their relevancy is intrusively linked to the series' survival, for better or worse.

Lucas is probably fine because Mother 3 is a Nintendo legend, despite how much Nintendo themselves probably want people to shut up about it already.  Mega Man I'd assume is assured because what else is Capcom doing with him beyond nostalgia appeal?  They will still make plenty use out of Rock and Roll and X and Zero, just probably not in their own new unique games.

I'm more curious about Banjo & Kazooie.  Because while Nintendo is on good terms negotiating with Microsoft/Rare, they both seem to have zero plans or intent going forward to even do anything with the bear and bird.  I don't know why in particular, Smash's advertisement of them was prime time to at least mull the idea over.  Maybe the Perfect Dark reboot is testing the waters for Rare at how successful they'd be getting others to continue their work after the Kinect era bled their talent dry?  But without something in the works, fanbase appeal over a lengthy period of time is just going to turn into resentment over their Smash inclusion not leading to something, anything after where Nuts & Bolts left off....what is it, 13 years ago now?
#2688  October 09, 2021, 12:48:45 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Fire Emblem if anything would take the biggest hit of reduction and reorganizing.

Lucas is probably fine because Mother 3 is a Nintendo legend

Alright now I actually want a new Smash lol

Real talk though, with the Fire Emblem section... I think only Marth, Ike, and Robin would return. If they really wanted a female rep, just reduce Lucina to an alt for Marth and you're set. I don't see Corrin or Byleth returning, and Chrom and Roy... mm. If any of the echoes or semi-clones return, Roy would be the most likely to stay (as well as being the most likely to go if he does get cut).
#2689  October 09, 2021, 01:29:16 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
As someone who hasn't played Three Houses, Byleth's inclusion in Ultimate was poorly timed and I have no interest myself in them but the intended attempt at addressing the Fire Emblem character template issue characters prior had was somewhat broached with them.  It kinda misses the origin of the whole issue to begin with, that the roster already in the game needs to be cut then look for reps that actually make use of the various weapons and roles of the series, but Byleth attempts to be an all-in-one that compensates on the lack of one character per skill set and just has them use all of them at once.  Well, not all of them, I don't see Byleth's Up+B being summoning a pegasus, but close enough.  Byleth I personally will likely never touch, but is of the more logical choices to stay.

From what I understand of it Byleth's gameplay isn't lore friendly to Three Houses anyways though, so eh.  Byleth doesn't get all the weapons from the other generals/commanders/teachers/whatever they are and is instead in the game all about future vision.  If anything Byleth probably should have had some of Shulk's moves.  But it's whatever at this point.
#2690  October 09, 2021, 01:43:02 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
byleth would be number 11 on my list of top 11 smash bros ultimate dlc trailers

number 1 would be terry bogard while kazuya is number 2
#2691  October 09, 2021, 01:54:16 am
    • USA
I'll be real, I'm not at all expecting this or wanting this, but if somehow Sora ends up returning for another installment, I'll consider that a real achievement.
#2692  October 09, 2021, 01:56:11 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Considering that he was the most requested combatant, all parties would have to be crazy to not put him on the cover in the next Smash.
#2693  October 09, 2021, 01:59:23 am
    • USA
Honestly Sora returning would really be some sort of feeling of renewed magic. His trailer was all about him reigniting the fires one last time for Smash as a whole, after all.

I suppose only time will tell. But either way, I'm content we got him at all. Still a legendary finale to the Smash Bros. series.
#2694  October 09, 2021, 05:08:31 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Next Smash game should be a arena fighter;

And then every protagonist from previous arena fighters would be the guest DLCs - Edward Falcon from Power Stone, anyone from J-Stars/Jump Force, a Gundam from Gundam Extreme Vs., Shrek from Shrek Super Slam... ::)

This is the most accurate Fighters Pass 2 prediction you will ever see:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Man, this post aged well. Like a sweet, sweet bottle of milk after being exposed to a combo of supernovas. :pleased:

At least Arms got through the cracks.

Lol, not really;

This was made at the time Nintendo just announced that the 1st fighter would be someone from ARMS.
Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:59:11 am by NDSilva
#2695  October 09, 2021, 06:03:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#2696  October 09, 2021, 10:41:30 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Next Smash game should make it so that the only way to KO your opponent is to build up your meter so you can perform a Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 super. I mean, just what could possibly go wrong, huh?

...what's that? Sony already did that? And it fucking sucked because of that? Figures...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2697  October 09, 2021, 04:40:18 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Next Smash game should have health bars and walls.

Stamina, what's that?
#2698  October 09, 2021, 06:26:16 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
In the next Smash game, I want to see them do more unique motions as they did with the newcomers in Ultimate (and Ryu in Smash 4),

Like Shield+B (Inkling), the characters with the special traditional fighting game moves (Ryu, Ken, Terry),
and all the additional directional inputs that Kazuya has.
#2699  October 09, 2021, 08:11:59 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
FE: Awakening has three total reps for whatever reason. Robin is great (in terms of being unique, at least), but Lucina by all means could just be an alt of Marth and Chrom I wouldn't miss; he's a clone of Roy, who is a clone of Marth.

The thing with Roy is that while his moveset is more or less the same as Marth's on paper, he's pure rushdown as opposed to zoner. In terms of gameplay diversity, he does actually offer something different, but ultimately he is a clone of Marth and likely wouldn't have seen any demand if he wasn't in Melee.

Byleth as a character is lame, but as a function, he/she stands out by representing the weapon triangle instead of just being another swordfighter.

If I had to cut them down, assuming a new FE character gets in...
Definites:
-Marth/Lucina
-Robin
-Byleth, but I really wish it wasn't Byleth with this moveset

Potentially:
-Ike
-Roy

No:
-Chrom
-Corrin

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2700  October 09, 2021, 08:28:09 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
anyone know how much does it cost to get a private character from other games?