YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4903382 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Ragna and Es quick update (12/18/21)
#781  December 24, 2021, 01:37:00 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Aside from what you're working on, I've been wanting to ask you a few questions out of curiosty.

1. Who's the voice behind Robo-Weiss?
2. Which character did you had fun making the most so far? (Blitztank I bet :P)
3. What was the very first fighting game (or any genre) you've ever played in your life?

And a bonus just for the fun of it, from what I saw in your previous vid. Whats with the changed lifebar? was that oringinally the tease for kohaku? (announcer sounds specifically).
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 4 Characters updated (12/23/21)
#782  December 24, 2021, 05:09:01 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Piranha Plant has been updated with his rerendered sprites. Also a few others have been updated as well.

Piranha Plant:
-Sprites have been rerendered
-Adjustments to attribute flags
-Relayered the Vignette effect during distortion drives
-Added special intro against Kohaku
Faust:
-Mini Faust and Basketball now disappear if Faust gets hit
-Added special intro against Kohaku
Ruby Rose:
-Adjusted jC's custom state
-Fixes to Minor Aesthetic errors
Azrael:

1. Who's the voice behind Robo-Weiss?

It's Dr. Hans Volter from Killing Floor 2. The name of Robo-Weiss' Astral Heat is also the name of his theme song.

Which character did you had fun making the most so far? (Blitztank I bet :P)

The most fun are the ones that provided more challenge and allowed me to learn new things. Kirby, Kokonoe, Yu, and Meta Knight are the ones that immediately come to mind.

3. What was the very first fighting game (or any genre) you've ever played in your life?

Soulcalibur II

And a bonus just for the fun of it, from what I saw in your previous vid. Whats with the changed lifebar? was that oringinally the tease for kohaku? (announcer sounds specifically).

I simply felt like getting a new lifebar. The announcer is not what came with the lifebar, it was a custom one that I made with the Type Lumina announcer lines that Resentone uploaded.
#783  December 24, 2021, 02:10:29 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

I have small feedback I noticed after they were updated and some others when you get around them:

Ruby:
-The flash when using air EX Buzzsaw Blast has a half a second of delay after the Force Break Effect appears (This issue is shared with Yang's EX Fire Cracker as well).

Azrael:
-The strong ground shockwaves on both charged jB and 5C are layered behind the opponent.

Piranha Plant:
-The old palettes of the original sprites still exists within the SFF (You can use Fighter Factory Studio's organizer for palettes, delete them and move the new rerendered palettes to the top).
-The sliding dust on the end of his running animation is now slightly farther away from the pot.
-The Spike Balls of all versions of Ptooie land could be a tad lower (It's much more noticeable now with the effect being rerendered as it goes lower to the floor).

For the first one, the same can be done to Meta Knight too as he only has the 1st original palette before the rerendering.

Kokonoe:
-The hitspark on her air throw is slightly misaligned.

Since it's just a few minor things, you may consider this on low priority.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#784  December 25, 2021, 12:33:52 pm
    • USA
Merry Christmas OHMSBY. Wishing you and your family a good time this year.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#785  December 25, 2021, 01:10:47 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
    • USA
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 4 Quick Updates (12/26/21)
#786  December 27, 2021, 03:51:49 am
    • USA
Might as well get these out of the way while I have the time.

Ruby, Azrael, and Piranha Plant:
Kokonoe:
-Flame Cage now disappears when Kokonoe is hit
-Fixed a misaligned Hitspark for the air throw

Merry Christmas OHMSBY. Wishing you and your family a good time this year.

Thank you.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 4 Quick Updates (12/26/21)
#787  January 01, 2022, 01:52:01 pm
    • USA
Happy New Year OHMSBY, wishing you well that this year and nice work on your current character, Kohaku, who just so happens to be one of my favorite characters in Melty Blood. And by the way I like your profile picture of the Type Lumina version of Aoko Aozaki, another cool redhead from Melty. And I like the special intro with Piranha Plant, a neat reference to one of her signature moves.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kohaku Released (01/02/22)
#788  January 03, 2022, 04:23:36 am
    • USA
#789  January 03, 2022, 04:48:38 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Now that Kohaku is complete, here are the rest of the respective minor errors across the other characters:

Yang:
-The flash when using air EX Fire Cracker has a half a second of delay after the Force Break Effect appears.

Mika:
-The blast effect on her 5AAAA follows her after rapid canceling.
-The normal ground shockwave on her astral heat winpose is layered incorrectly.

Es:
-The Burst icon during Type: Exterminator "Artorius" is still present only on the final hit and disappears when the astral heat winpose plays.

Issac:
-The strong ground shockwave on Mom in The D6 when the Mom stomps the ground could be relayered in front (Just change the layer so you don't have another situation where the D6 only rolls a certain number again).

Charlotte:
-The strong ground shockwave in Kasekuchen when the cake hits the ground could be relayered in front.
-The Vignette effect on Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte also needs to be relayered as well (Completely slipped my mind that it was used on there too).

Hyde:
-The Burst icon during Raging Roar is still present (I was watching a compilation of Astral Heats someone made and realized he's the only one who hasn't has theirs properly relayered).

Meta Knight:
-The default palettes are still around the 40/72 mark the after the rerendering (The first 12 palettes should be the character's sprites).

Piranha Plant:
-The default palettes are still around the 56/68 mark the after the rerendering (The first 12 palettes should be the character's sprites).
-The normal ground shockwave on the Spike Balls of all versions of Ptooie looks much higher now. This is how low the spike ball goes:

This is where it appears when it bounces:

The shockwave is now too low to the point it can hardly be seen before it appears fully and makes it looks like it's floating after it does.

Since you're next character is from Arcana Heart, I have to provide an update to the copy ability list for Kirby now that you considered making them and you're missing a few of them including Pistrix. I didn't cover it before as I was only familiar with the first game and didn't want to deal with author specific names for some of them (Also includes characters on existing games added as DLC later):

To add:
Lilica Felchenrow: "Lilica"
Maori: "Maori Kasuga"
Yoriko: "Yoriko Yasuzumi"
Petra: "Petra Johanna Lagerkvist"
Zenia: "Zenia Valov"
Catherine_kyohbashi: "Catherine" & "Catherine Kyoubashi"
Clarice: "Clarice di Lanza"
Minori_Amanohara_AH3LMSSS: "Minori Amanohara" (Minori also has her first name by herself on trigger22 of Hammer. If it's a different character, then forget it so you don't type the same first name by accident)
Sion Tatari: "Sion_TATARI"
Belial: "Avatar Belial" (Suggested by Solid Snivy)

Kamui Tokinomiya (Sword)
Fiona Mayfield (Sword)
Lieselotte Achenbach (Cutter)
Nazuna Inuwaka (Spear)
Weiss (Needle)
Pistrix (Ice)
Dark Heart (Cutter)
Koa_RP & Koakuma (Cutter)
Black Dahlia (Bomb)
Dead Apostle Noel (Needle)

I ended up changing my mind about RicePigeon and Kohaku's Touhou characters and decided to type up the full names to add on the existing ones in case someone else makes them so it's not strictly to those two and the ones aren't listed were already made by Nep Heart (This is also for your convenience too since you said "maybe" about it back then):
Tenshi_THIZ: "Tenshi Hinanawi"
Momiji_THIZ: "Momiji Inubashiri"
Aya_THIZ: "Aya Shameimaru"
Chen_RP: "Chen"
Flandre_RP: "Flandre Scarlet"
Remilia_RP: "Remilia Scarlet"
Sanae_RP: "Sanae Kochiya"
Miko_THIZ: "Toyosatomimi no Miko"
Mokou_RP: "Fujiwara no Mokou"
Patchouli_RP: "Patchouli Knowledge"
Byakuren_RP: "Byakuren Hijiri"
Iku_THIZ: "Iku Nagae"
Koishi_RP: "Koishi Komeiji"
Mima_RP: "Mima"
Yuyuko_RP: "Yuyuko Saigyouji"
Sumireko_THIZ: "Sumireko Usami"
Komachi_RP: "Komachi Onozuka"
Utsuho_RP: "Utsuho Reiuji"
Kanako_RP: "Kanako Yasaka"
Mamizou_RP: "Mamizou Futatsuiwa"
Meimu_RP: "Meimu"
Yukari_RP: "Yukari Yakumo"
Yuuka_RP: "Yuuka Kazami"
Alice_RP: "Alice Margatroid"
Eirin_RP: "Eirin Yagokoro"
Sakuya_RP: "Sakuya Izayoi"

Typo:
Lie_RP: "LieMeiling_RP" & "Lie Meiling" (RicePigeon changed the character name for some reason or didn't realize it until now)

Feel to free to make changes as always. Here's to another year of amazing characters.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#790  January 03, 2022, 07:12:29 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
OHMSBY, Just a little question. Don't you think that Kohaku's size is kinda... smaller than your previous creations ? I think it could be increase for a little bit more, sprites would be more detailed and her height wouldn't be too big compared with characters like Linne, Taiga or Shana.

Edit:
Quick feedback: Kohaku blinks white and loses two meters after canceling Chinese Kohaku Cuffing.
Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:35:51 am by Ichida
#791  January 03, 2022, 11:20:00 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
    • USA
Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)
AHHHHHHH!
SHARK GIRL!!!!!

Spoiler: Off Topic (click to see content)
#792  January 03, 2022, 11:58:00 am
  • Why,
Ah THAT Kohaku... hmm what ever i think...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#793  January 03, 2022, 12:35:50 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
OHMSBY, Just a little question. Don't you think that Kohaku's size is kinda... smaller than your previous creations ? I think it could be increase for a little bit more, sprites would be more detailed and her height wouldn't be too big compared with characters like Linne, Taiga or Shana.

I personally think she looks fine.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Here's some comparison.
#794  January 03, 2022, 06:28:05 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
^ It is a rather minor detail (that literally can be edited without mayor cosmethic issues)

But, she's indeed bit too small, if take into consideration her "+" position is higher than the two examples above (Notice how the reflection is misaligned with the Railgul girls feet) and apparently she could be bigger than Shirai by half a head, which is a minor detail, but hey, helps to pop the sprites details more.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Kohaku Quick Update (01/03/22)
#795  January 04, 2022, 04:05:30 am
    • USA
Quick Update for Kohaku.

Kohaku
-Fixed an error where the opponent would be able to move freely and not be hit during Comet Sweep if they were to be attacked by any of her Plants right after the first hit
-Fixed an error where Rapid Canceling Chinese Kohaku Cuffing after the kick would consume 1000 meter instead of 500
-Slightly increased default scale and adjusted effects accordingly

Since I needed to get rid of these bugs any way, I figured I might as well adjust the scale while I'm at it.

Her default scale is now 3.08. I found that anything higher than that made her seem just a little too big in comparison to the other French Bread characters.
#796  January 04, 2022, 09:19:53 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines

Hello OHMSBY, I just have something to say.

Can you (temporarily) take control of my voice patches? I can't do it right now because a typhoon hits my place and there's no electricity and connection here. Plus my PC broke. :(

I'll be back once the electricity comes back.

Thank you in advance~ ^-^
#797  January 04, 2022, 11:31:28 am
    • USA
Will be praying for your safety out there Uzuki. Be safe my dude during the storm.
#798  January 04, 2022, 04:05:06 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Damn... That's so unfortunate from you, Uzuki.
Stay safe and I hope you'll get a new and better PC.
This is fate.
#799  January 04, 2022, 11:51:25 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
#800  January 05, 2022, 05:00:52 am
    • USA
Can you (temporarily) take control of my voice patches? I can't do it right now because a typhoon hits my place and there's no electricity and connection here. Plus my PC broke. :(

I'll be back once the electricity comes back.

Sure thing. You stay safe.

Hey OHMSBY, did you made that alternative icon for Muteki's Faust? lf so, will you release it someday? It looks better than the original icon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vmbrQEfi5A

I made that small port long before I started making characters. It's honestly just one of his in game sprites cropped down to 25 by 25, but here you go: