YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 617350 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ryu
#441  January 09, 2022, 03:53:11 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
This is actually interesting. Denjin mode reminds me of when you get max. power for Ryu in Super Gem/Pocket Fighter. ;P
#442  January 09, 2022, 08:14:22 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
can't lessard's latest sprite for Kage be considered?
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#443  January 09, 2022, 09:17:41 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#444  January 10, 2022, 02:04:26 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:09:55 pm by AuMiO VXC
#445  January 10, 2022, 05:31:28 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
If you doing all of this for Ryu, how far will you go for Ken (if he's on the agenda)?
#446  January 10, 2022, 07:00:45 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Great!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#447  January 10, 2022, 09:35:33 pm
  • Fear the wrath of God!
    • Poland
    • kaczor911@wp.pl
    • Skype - kaczor7871
#448  January 10, 2022, 10:21:57 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
If you doing all of this for Ryu, how far will you go for Ken (if he's on the agenda)?

Jmorphman has already made a Ken in this particular style, and I think that should serve well enough as a "companion piece" of sorts for this Ryu.
#449  January 11, 2022, 12:37:16 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
can't lessard's latest sprite for Kage be considered?

Isn't that sprite sheet missing animations?

IDK. Here is the Latest Kage by LESSARD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2rccqlpkbpgf46a/KAGE%202.0.rar/file
 The sprites look pretty complete! Some missing one or two frames can be managed. Right?

I'll try to look into it :] will also take a peek at Trol's Kage sprites.

With this small talk about Ken, I should disclose something lol I didn't mention this in the forums but it's very public on the Discord so I should say it in here.

I'm on the idea engineering phase of a fullgame that I would like to work on during 2022. The idea is a game entirely made out of shotos. The joke title was Ultra Street Fighter 4: Real Edition, as that game has like 8 shotos.

The members of the roster would be Ryu, Ken, Gouki, Gouken, Sakura, Dan, Sean, and Ryo from Art of Fighting (guest character). Every character would have at least one EX mode to choose from:
Ryu and Ken EX modes would be based off SF3.
Gouki EX mode would be based off Oni.
Gouken EX mode would be based off Omega Mode.
Sakura EX mode would be based of Evil Sakura.
Dan EX mode would be based off Evil Dan.
Sean EX mode would be based off 2nd Impact.
Ryo's EX mode would be based off Mr Karate 2nd.

The sub-bosses would be Evil Ryu and Violent Ken, and the final boss would be Shin Gouki, with a very rare chance of getting Cyber Gouki as the final boss.

Part of the reason I'm working on Ryu is because he will be the "template" to work on for the rest of the cast lol
But Ken particularly wouldn't need to be remade because Jmorphman took the character on a direction that I agree with.

For the system the base code would be PotS but I'm heavily considering a groove based system too.

Here's progress from Ryu:

https://streamable.com/o6lpex
#450  January 11, 2022, 02:00:32 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I had a similar idea, I'll send you a PM to tell you more about it.
#451  January 12, 2022, 07:04:35 am
    • USA
REALLY REAL EDITION!!!

Gonna be hypeeeee
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#452  January 12, 2022, 11:14:16 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like what I see...
To be honest, I've never been 100% satisfied by any POTS/CVS Ryu even if they are excellent!
Perhaps your version will be the one :D
#453  January 13, 2022, 03:04:25 am
    • Germany
Hey guys, what's up? I just wanted to drop by to announce what I'm working on at the moment. I've been coding Ryu, from the Street Fighter series. I've heard the "yet another Ryu?" argument plenty times when it comes to this, but most if not all of PotS Ryu's releases are edits built upon the original PotS Ryu which even tho it's a legendary MUGEN release, it's like 14 years old and it started showing its age a long time ago.

Ryu it's built upon the most updated PotS system, with the most current data tools, with the best code I can code, to bring up the most modern result I can possibly deliver. At the moment I'm trying to recreate all of his and Evil Ryu's stuff from CvS2, today I finished all of the specials and EX specials. After that I'll move to the additions, and eventually to new modes. But, what can you expect from this character?

5 different modes.

Ryu

Based off a mix of CvS2, SF4, and SFA, this is the most fundamental Ryu.

Evil Ryu

Based off a mix of CvS2 and SF4, this is a sub-boss character that does crazy combos for little meter.

Master Ryu

Different from PotS' Master Ryu. This mode will show traits from all the other modes, but will have its own particular things, like an entirely custom Lv.3 super and a rekka move based off SFEX3 Tatsu. This mode will be on the same tier as Shin Gouki's or God Rugal's.

Denjin Ryu

Based off a mix of SF3 and SFV. This Ryu is thematically designed around electricity, being able to stun its opponents, but having less fundamental strengths (worse normals, no meterless reversals) in exchange.

Shadow Ryu/Kage

Based off Kage's moveset from SFV, with heavy adaptations to translate his V-System to a PotS environment. This mode will do lots of damage under very specific circumstances. He will excel at meter usage and reward correct whiff punishing.

I have finished movesets for all the 5 modes already, but since they're subjective to change, I'll retrain from posting them. To be quite honest, this might be my attempt at a "magnus opus", so I'll take as much time as its needed to get the best result possible out.

Hi Karma,
i've CS-ed Ryu from CVS 2 by Warusaki, but haven't posted, should i send you CS-ed Sprites of Ryu, not PotS-Version by Varo, i mean truly CvS-Ryu of the original Game?
Spoiler: Normal/Master Ryu (click to see content)

Spoiler: Evil Ryu/Kage (click to see content)

Spoiler: SFEX Ryu (click to see content)

Spoiler: Evil Ryu SF4 Costume(That One is originally from xHienx) (click to see content)
Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:39:56 am by NierUZMK94
#454  January 13, 2022, 04:18:56 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Just out of curiousity would you at all consider giving Ken a Tatsu with a bit more verticality, like in MVC/SFV just to help differentiate him a bit more
#455  January 13, 2022, 10:02:17 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Im so happy you kept the small pixel dot on ryu gloves lol. Pots ryu seperation is the only shoto without the dot and it always annoyed me a bit that it wasnt consistant with other shoto cs.
Really excited for this ryu and your future characters!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#456  January 13, 2022, 10:40:43 am
    • Germany
Hi Karma,
i've CS-ed Ryu from CVS 2 by Warusaki, but haven't posted, should i send you CS-ed Sprites of Ryu, not PotS-Version by Varo, i mean truly CvS-Ryu of the original Game?

Spoiler: Evil Ryu SF4 Costume(That One is originally from xHienx) (click to see content)

Hey, that looks amazing! This would be very much welcomed. Implementing the CS will be tricky because while assembling the .sff I've noticed that Evil Ryu has minor tweaks on the face thru the entire spriteset:

The shading is literally different by 3 pixels, but that's enough to develop on me urge to make a .sff out of the two sets. Because of this, for any CS I use, I'll have to redo the E. Ryu part too hahaha; but having any CS as a base would be really helpful.

Just out of curiousity would you at all consider giving Ken a Tatsu with a bit more verticality, like in MVC/SFV just to help differentiate him a bit more

Having SFV Tatsu would be very neat for the EX mode. Maybe with the Heavy Tatsu anim.

Im so happy you kept the small pixel dot on ryu gloves lol. Pots ryu seperation is the only shoto without the dot and it always annoyed me a bit that it wasnt consistant with other shoto cs.

I'm still excited about the best lifebar <3

Yesterday I've finished implementing all of Ryu's and Evil Ryu's CvS2 special and super moves :]
https://streamable.com/bjgk8u
#457  January 13, 2022, 09:52:01 pm
    • USA
These super portraits are cool! Can't wait to try him out!
#458  January 13, 2022, 10:19:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
D*mn, this is really getting more and more interesting...

Could this Evil Ryu eye detail be made through palette work. Basically it is 1 pixel under the eye, right?
#459  January 16, 2022, 02:16:57 am
    • Germany
Hi Karma,

Hey, that looks amazing! This would be very much welcomed. Implementing the CS will be tricky because while assembling the .sff I've noticed that Evil Ryu has minor tweaks on the face thru the entire spriteset:

The shading is literally different by 3 pixels, but that's enough to develop on me urge to make a .sff out of the two sets. Because of this, for any CS I use, I'll have to redo the E. Ryu part too hahaha; but having any CS as a base would be really helpful.

Having SFV Tatsu would be very neat for the EX mode. Maybe with the Heavy Tatsu anim.

I'm still excited about the best lifebar <3

Yesterday I've finished implementing all of Ryu's and Evil Ryu's CvS2 special and super moves :]
https://streamable.com/bjgk8u

Sorry that took so long, i've tried to send ya personally but since my account was hacked and made an second, then it shows "An Error Has Occurred! - You are not allowed to send personal messages.".

Here's the DL-Link for the CS-Sprites, but tell me please if there is some missed Sprites that aren't CSed(besides of Hien's SF4EvilRyu, it's still such an challenge and don't worry, i won't use Chucho's SF4EvilRyu-Sprites).
Spoiler: Only for Karma, not anyone else!!! (click to see content)
Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 02:37:44 am by NierUZMK94
#460  January 17, 2022, 02:46:14 am
    • Germany
Sorry that took so long, i've tried to send ya personally but since my account was hacked and made an second, then it shows "An Error Has Occurred! - You are not allowed to send personal messages.".

Here's the DL-Link for the CS-Sprites, but tell me please if there is some missed Sprites that aren't CSed(besides of Hien's SF4EvilRyu, it's still such an challenge and don't worry, i won't use Chucho's SF4EvilRyu-Sprites).
Spoiler: Only for Karma, not anyone else!!! (click to see content)

God damn man, this CS is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing it with me!