YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 744024 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1941  January 07, 2022, 07:35:32 pm
I don't even know what else it could be.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1942  January 08, 2022, 05:15:50 pm
#1943  January 09, 2022, 05:57:08 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
It fits well with the overall amount of originality that this game oozes- *cough cough*...

I don't even know what else it could be.

From what we know, the final character could always be revealed to be Hyena, in which alongside Ash and Kukri, appropriately creates the "Team Absurdly Cool Boyz"! :nutrox:
#1944  January 09, 2022, 08:47:26 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1945  January 11, 2022, 03:21:08 pm
    • Netherlands
Arguably KOF 15’s launch roster leaves something be desired.

Sure, Kim Kapwan missing is very akward to say the least, but to me personally, where are all the villains?

Geese Howard? Vice & Mature? Rugal? Krizalid?

I could go on.

What remotely close do we have?

(Of course) Iori is there, but especially in Team Sacred Treasures he’s more of a tweener (wrestling term).

Kukri, since he was the antagonist in SNK Heroines, but I see him more as a jerk and a pervert.

Does CYS (Orochi forms aside) even count?

They’re a band and Shermie (bless her) is too busy with fashion and hamsters to care XD

Now I know Geese is heavily rumored to have his own dlc team (which is good) but it is not a given.

I’m surprised he’s not a launch roster character since he’s popular (enough to be in Tekken 7)

Consider the whole “Verse souls ressurrected” thing.

I’m also fairly baffled that there’s no Rugal team, Rugal/Mature/Vice is such a missed opportunity.

Heck having no Vice & Mature is weird to begin with.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#1946  January 11, 2022, 04:53:25 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Yes, the lack of villains is a bit awkward indeed. Would love to see both Geese Howard and Wolfgang Krauser in this installment, but alas, hopefully for DLC.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1947  January 11, 2022, 07:12:21 pm
The DLC rumors come from datamine and are almost certain. 4 teams, two of which are villains, plus 2 bosses.
Geese hasn't been in KOF between 96 and XIV beside 2002 so clearly he's not quite popular enough for a permanent guaranteed spot.
And yes, CYS are villains, just pretending to be nice. But they don't act like villains so I guess they don't really count, yeah. (maybe they will act more like secret villains in the story while still pretending to be nice, but then again, since Verse is the main antagonist, maybe not)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:16:45 pm by Byakko
#1948  January 11, 2022, 07:17:05 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Yes, the lack of villains is a bit awkward indeed. Would love to see both Geese Howard and Wolfgang Krauser in this installment, but alas, hopefully for DLC.

Do people remember KOF 94? The closer characters we got as villains were Choi and Chang and the true villain only showed up as a final boss

I think we may only get legit villain as a final boss unless people count Yoshiro/Chris/Shermie as the villians this time
#1949  January 11, 2022, 09:11:17 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#1950  January 14, 2022, 02:38:44 pm
    • Netherlands
I dislike the lack of villains as well (weird that the story sets resurrection up so much and then only leans into it for CYS) but I think Angel, Krohnen and Kula might lean more into antagonistic roles this time around too. If they plan on having a story mode then there's gotta be at least something other than CYS and the final boss.

I think they focussed more on upping the graphics of the excisting cast to show the jump in quality as opposed to reviving older characters. I really hope SNK starts pulling characters from across their entire library again to really put that crossover flavour back into KoF. So far the most exciting reveal, to me, was still the Metal Slug stage lol (RIP Team Metal Slug dream though).
#1951  January 14, 2022, 02:46:07 pm
If they plan on having a story mode then there's gotta be at least something other than CYS and the final boss.
We've seen two things in the trailers :
- they have rival encounters for probably everyone, probably barely a few scenes, if even more than one
- the "main" story will focus on some scenes here and there between Shun'ei and the new girls, and mayyyybe Heidern will actually be relevant in that, and then the final boss
That's it, that's what a story mode in a fighting game is. I have zero expectation for any story mode like the latest SF and MK and whatever.
#1952  January 14, 2022, 08:51:43 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I dislike the lack of villains as well (weird that the story sets resurrection up so much and then only leans into it for CYS) but I think Angel, Krohnen and Kula might lean more into antagonistic roles this time around too.
KOF has never had that many playable villains in the same game. The lack of villains is a non issue.
#1953  January 15, 2022, 05:04:45 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#1954  January 15, 2022, 12:23:13 pm
Look at me, I don't like a good story and I'm happy when the entire gaming industry makes fun of the fighting game genre for having garbage no-effort writing
#1955  January 20, 2022, 03:04:37 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Team ASH

I wasnt expecting her gameplay were fun
Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:09:18 am by yaret
#1956  January 20, 2022, 03:09:02 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Her model looks gorgeous and I really love the light effects she's got. What a wonderful transition to 3D she's made, honestly.
#1957  January 20, 2022, 05:06:29 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
All 39 characters are revealed, now its just the boss and maybe teasers for the upcoming DLC content that are going to be in pre-order package.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1958  January 20, 2022, 08:17:46 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
WOW!!!

I've never been into Elisabeth. Particularly her style etc.
But this version looks incredible.

I freaking love her design, what a great style upgrade...

And her moves are well converted here...
One more reason to get my interest into this game...

The wait will be long!!!

EDIT : I had to do that... <3
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:10:05 am by Momotaro
#1959  January 20, 2022, 09:23:32 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
All 39 characters are revealed, now it's just the boss and maybe teasers for the upcoming DLC content that are going to be in pre-order package.

SNK is the very few developers that understand what DLC really is it should always be an expansion of the game not just to add what's missing. Also, the cosmetics are not misleading. Classic outfits are always welcome.

Now the roster is now complete

By the way, the Omega version is available in North America which was announced in Europe.

https://www.siliconera.com/kof-xv-omega-limited-edition-confirmed-for-north-america/
If bills are not in the way I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 09:41:12 pm by videoman
#1960  January 20, 2022, 11:18:54 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns