YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1207950 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Guy and Ryu first)
#81  January 18, 2022, 11:10:26 am
    • Japan
Oh, good news.
Welcome back!

Nice to meet you, I'm a Japanese mugen user.
#82  January 18, 2022, 04:44:16 pm
    • Colombia
    • arfercon@gmail.com
your return make 2022 a epic year. thanks for all your old and new work

vyn

#83  January 18, 2022, 05:26:42 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Heyyy, great to see updates from you man.

On the updates themselves, i really like the addition of modern moves and the new lvl3 evil portrait is damn cool.

Why the low res hitsparks though?, its like the one thing people do the most when they edit characters into your aesthetics bro.
Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:31:40 pm by vyn
#84  January 18, 2022, 09:12:29 pm
oh damn POTS! welcome back brother! thanks to you we have many chars in your style!
#85  January 18, 2022, 09:46:44 pm
    • USA
Phantom of the Server?

THE Phantom of the Server?

I can't believe it. It doesn't seem they have new moves yet, but these are nice to see anyway with their revamped controls. I do like performing Negative Edge combos with these characters. I do have a few questions?

1. Will you consider an advanced buffering system, similar to JMorphman's characters?
2. As for new moves, will games like Street Fighter: The Movie and Final Fight Revenge be considered?
#86  January 18, 2022, 09:54:28 pm
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada

Heyyy, great to see updates from you man.

On the updates themselves, i really like the addition of modern moves and the new lvl3 evil portrait is damn cool.

Why the low res hitsparks though?, its like the one thing people do the most when they edit characters into your aesthetics bro.

He explained it.

Hitsparks are okay but I feel like they could A. Be Higher-Res, B. Use Stronger Colors.
I wanted to use Mugen's default spark system for a change, so with sticking to 1.0 I had to make them lower resolution. They were high resolution when the updates were for 1.1.

#87  January 18, 2022, 11:45:31 pm
I'm on the very same boat when it comes to being motivated by IKEMEN GO to return to MUGEN after over a decade (in my case, it was 12 years since the last time I actually started downloading characters and stages and playing them instead of just looking at forums). What IKEMEN GO brings to the table is amazing and I can't even fathom going back to the Elecbyte builds.
#88  January 19, 2022, 05:40:20 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Thanks. It's nice to see some old familiar faces.

I've played an arcade run with him(Ryu), a great update indeed. A few things of note:

-Any particular reason why normal Ryu can no longer do Seichuu Nidan Tsuki? Just curious, and I do find myself missing this as I pretty much associated this with your Ryu.
It's just because he had too many command normals. Rather than having two modes with two Z button command normals, I gave one to each. Also it makes the Lv1 Metsu Shoryuken more unique.

-Ryu can cancel into air tatsu from j.lp/lk in CvS2. Yours used to be able to cancel from all his air normals, and I get overall why you changed it. Though it'd be nice to allow him to cancel from j.lp/lk. All the shotos can do it, and I know it isn't as useful with Ryu as opposed to Akuma or Ken, but he(Ryu) can still go into an EX DP from it.
That's something I'm still pondering. I'm inclined to allow it in the name of fun, yes.

-Some of his normals seem to allow empty(kara?)/non-hit confirm cancels. Is this something from like.... SF5 or something?  For example, I can do cr.mk and immediately do an QCF + P input, Ryu will cancel out of the cr.mk and do hadou. It's one of several, though there doesn't appear to be any consistency/pattern of which ones allow this. So, it doesn't feel intentional...? Which is why I bring it up.
Not intentional. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ryu/Normal: When he starts his super tatsumaki, he leaps slightly backwards causing him to occasionally miss the first hit.
That, on the other hand, is intentional. Ryu's positioning will depend on the button used to perform the move. A moves a bit backward, B stays in place and C moves forward. The A version is very situational.

Ryu/Evil; He can hit opponents on the ground 3 times( I suspect if they don't tech or get up fast enough) with his Ryusokyaku. That's savage but is it intentional?
I'm usually pretty liberal with letting moves hit OTG because of the way Mugen works. It does two things: allows any OTG combo to be escaped by mashing buttons to wake up faster, and applies additional damage scaling to such combos. So it mostly only happens in training mode.
(On that note, Shin Gouki can no longer OTG from everything)

He also slides a couple pixels forward with each level he charges his Metsu Hadoken.
I think you mean the sprite shaking as he charges the fireball. It's intentional but I may reconsider it.

Also gotta ask, how come you never gave Guy his FF3 fire burst special or his rapid punch super?
The fireball I never liked because it clashes with Guy's design, I think. But the rapid punches he did have way, way back in the DOS version. I should try to find that version just for kicks, but it was pretty bad as it was one of my first attempts at making a character.
Now, why did I never add it back, I don't remember...

It’s amazing to see you back. I still remembered when your Ryu was still a WIP and you wanted to make a Ryu that included everything. Now that you are back and Karma is making a new Ryu that supposedly includes everything, it’s a very wholesome deja-vu. Thank you.
Yeah. That takes me back.

A bug I noticed is that Ryu would do his usual Ken intros even against Jmorphman’s Violent Ken.
My bad.

It was half laziness to recode the sparks, half trying something different. They only replace the low-res CvS2 sparks the old characters had. The "newer" characters still have the hi-res sparks.

I can't believe it. It doesn't seem they have new moves yet, but these are nice to see anyway with their revamped controls. I do like performing Negative Edge combos with these characters.
That's odd. Negative edge (button release) is something my characters have had since the very beginning. Or did you mean something else?

1. Will you consider an advanced buffering system, similar to JMorphman's characters?
You're the second person to ask., but at the moment I don't feel like they need one.

2. As for new moves, will games like Street Fighter: The Movie and Final Fight Revenge be considered?
I think I'm done adding new moves for the time being. But in the past I borrowed moves from anywhere or even made them up, so that's not something I'd dismiss.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#89  January 19, 2022, 08:15:10 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Fair enough then. Finally, any chance on the SF4 version of Musou Renge or his other ultras or is that probably a bit much?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#90  January 20, 2022, 10:20:41 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
It also seems like the juggle system is different than the one used previously on Geese,and I was wondering what were the changes as I cant tell it apart
#91  January 20, 2022, 03:54:30 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Ryu/Normal: When he starts his super tatsumaki, he leaps slightly backwards causing him to occasionally miss the first hit.
That, on the other hand, is intentional. Ryu's positioning will depend on the button used to perform the move. A moves a bit backward, B stays in place and C moves forward. The A version is very situational.

I was actually referring to the super version, but I haven't been able to reproduce the effect so it may have been related to the other character or something.

Ryu/Evil; He can hit opponents on the ground 3 times( I suspect if they don't tech or get up fast enough) with his Ryusokyaku. That's savage but is it intentional?
I'm usually pretty liberal with letting moves hit OTG because of the way Mugen works. It does two things: allows any OTG combo to be escaped by mashing buttons to wake up faster, and applies additional damage scaling to such combos. So it mostly only happens in training mode.
(On that note, Shin Gouki can no longer OTG from everything)

That make sense.

He also slides a couple pixels forward with each level he charges his Metsu Hadoken.
I think you mean the sprite shaking as he charges the fireball. It's intentional but I may reconsider it.

After going back I did notice that it's indeed the shaking. It looks like the original sprite is still and another sprite moves back and forth. I thought the entire sprite was moving. The shake moves so quickly and only one pixel. It almost looks like he is expanding rather than blurring or shaking from the rumble of his charge, which I'm guessing is the intended effect.

I didn't notice anything of note from Guy. He's solid as a rock. Really looking forward to Geese and Shin Akuma. And maybe Rare Akuma...(fingers crossed).

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#92  January 21, 2022, 04:28:38 pm
    • Philippines
Nice to see you again PoTS. Thank you very much
#93  January 21, 2022, 05:20:02 pm
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
I am so glad P.O.T.S by Ken is released in 2022...     :yuno:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!

DW

#94  January 22, 2022, 03:36:05 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
A few more things of note(still with Ryu):

-It appears you can't do things during his run stop animation. Mainly like power charge is what I'm noticing.

-Your forward inputs are being "stored" for several ticks. This was a problem for me as well when I first installed Vans' Tiny Buffer system. I'm not sure as I haven't looked over your code, but I do see now with debug turned on that you are using some type of inputting system not Mugen default. If I tap forward, release for a few ticks, then try to do Hadou, I'll get DP instead.

I find this effects Evil Ryu the most, as he has Seichuu Nidan Tsuki, though since you changed the command for it, I can't reliably do Seichuu -> Hadouken. I'll get DP 85% of the time.

-Ryu overall feels slightly stiffer than your older version in terms of Tatsu -> DP. I used to be able to do this fine with all versions. Of course the only way normal Ryu could combo this was with EX DP, but it was a viable option from time to time with him. Now, even with Evil Ryu, this combo isn't very reliable. P2 often falls before I can get my DP out.
#95  January 22, 2022, 11:47:34 am
    • Portugal
Fair enough then. Finally, any chance on the SF4 version of Musou Renge or his other ultras or is that probably a bit much?
The main motivation to add Kaiten Izuna Otoshi was actually so you could do a sequence similar to his Ultra I by chaining his three level 1 supers. As for Ultra II, I currently don't have any plans for it. It certainly looks cool, but it's also too long.

It also seems like the juggle system is different than the one used previously on Geese,and I was wondering what were the changes as I cant tell it apart
Please tell me you only noticed that by looking at the code, because while the implementation is different, it's supposed to work the same (except in Simul).

I was actually referring to the super version, but I haven't been able to reproduce the effect so it may have been related to the other character or something.
Me too. Shinkuu Tatsumaki has different positioning for the A, B, or C buttons.

A few more things of note(still with Ryu):

-It appears you can't do things during his run stop animation. Mainly like power charge is what I'm noticing.
That's a really nice catch. When I changed ctrl behaviour for the run, power charge was left out for some reason. That reason was mass text replacement.

-Your forward inputs are being "stored" for several ticks. This was a problem for me as well when I first installed Vans' Tiny Buffer system. I'm not sure as I haven't looked over your code, but I do see now with debug turned on that you are using some type of inputting system not Mugen default. If I tap forward, release for a few ticks, then try to do Hadou, I'll get DP instead.

I find this effects Evil Ryu the most, as he has Seichuu Nidan Tsuki, though since you changed the command for it, I can't reliably do Seichuu -> Hadouken. I'll get DP 85% of the time.
It's not a buffer but rather a more lenient Shoryuken command. Apparently too lenient indeed.
The helper is not for buffering but just to reverse the commands when P2 is behind you.

-Ryu overall feels slightly stiffer than your older version in terms of Tatsu -> DP. I used to be able to do this fine with all versions. Of course the only way normal Ryu could combo this was with EX DP, but it was a viable option from time to time with him. Now, even with Evil Ryu, this combo isn't very reliable. P2 often falls before I can get my DP out.
Tatsumaki recovery is too long. Will change it.

Thanks.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 04:59:01 pm by PotS
#96  January 22, 2022, 03:17:22 pm
love the dizzy feature you added! but i was wondering if you might consider adding guard crush in the future?
#97  January 22, 2022, 03:27:44 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
ye I saw it by just looking and didnt go hardcore on it.Thanks for the updates by the way..Glad to have you around.
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Shin Gouki and Lei-Lei added)
#98  January 22, 2022, 04:25:13 pm
    • Portugal
love the dizzy feature you added! but i was wondering if you might consider adding guard crush in the future?
Thanks. No plans for guard crush, however.

Updated Ryu and Guy again because some of the things you mentioned should not have to wait for a fix.

Added Shin Gouki. Nothing too fancy in the update, but the gameplay should feel more proper now.

Added Lei-Lei. Now this one is interesting. She was one of my worst characters, but after these fixes should be a lot better.

All in the first post.
#99  January 22, 2022, 04:29:42 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Lol! Somehow I got credit for DW's feedback. Coincidently I saw those exact same things but thought it was my lack of skills that where the cause. Oh and my bad about the Tatsu. I understand what you meant now.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Shin Gouki and Lei-Lei added)
#100  January 22, 2022, 05:02:44 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

Added Shin Gouki. Nothing too fancy in the update, but the gameplay should feel more proper now.

Added Lei-Lei. Now this one is interesting. She was one of my worst characters, but after these fixes should be a lot better.

Ah, seems pretty cool, I’ll check them out later.
Any plans for a normal/non-Shin Gouki mode down the line?