YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 743390 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1961  January 20, 2022, 12:56:39 pm
Well, well... It was Betty all along, even she was leaked before, but hey good to see her again.
Also, i'm not even gonna complain this team names, i know what you guys are gonna say.

This roster has sold me, cause of Krohnen and some favs of mine got in too. Too bad for Alice, Kim and Billy aren't in, hope there's a room or more for a DLC. It may not be a bigger roster than in KOF XIV, but i'm happy of how this roster has been made. Never in my life of how i got to be a fan of KOF ever since CVS (It's a crossover game, but it has SNK chars in it) and got to know these characters from old to new.

Let's see how long this series is gonna be long like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.
#1962  January 20, 2022, 09:32:52 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Let's see how long this series is gonna be long like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

Uhm, SF2 came out in 91, MK in 92 and KOF '94 in... well, 94. All three series have been running pretty strong since.
#1963  January 20, 2022, 09:55:40 pm
He's talking about DLC support lasting for several years.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1964  January 21, 2022, 01:00:57 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!

Ah, utterly my bad!  If KOFXV got the same sort of rolling DLC/Upgrades as SFV or MK11... that'd just be amazing!
#1965  January 21, 2022, 01:37:38 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
SNK will use the same season pass model they used with Samurai Shodown.
#1966  January 21, 2022, 03:12:12 am
    • Mexico
Oh okay cool so basically Kim will be milked for DLC two years from now
#1967  January 21, 2022, 01:10:43 pm
they are probably playing the safe route for their DLCs.

a returning character + 2 new ones or a character that hasn't been in 13/14. hopefully kim's team would be with his sons or at least one of them.
#1968  January 21, 2022, 01:42:47 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Kim's sons aren't happening, they're still kids in kof.
#1969  January 21, 2022, 03:40:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#1970  January 21, 2022, 06:38:15 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Kim/Jhun/May Lee for DLC maybe?
#1971  January 21, 2022, 06:43:30 pm
You guys know that the 4 DLC teams (presumably, year one of DLC, maybe year two as well) have been datamined since the second beta ? That question is already answered in it.
Also I don't think we'll get the Kim kids for a long time in KoF when they can just bring back the dad and Jhun.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1972  January 21, 2022, 07:46:39 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
You guys know that the 4 DLC teams (presumably, year one of DLC, maybe year two as well) have been datamined since the second beta ?

I avoid leaks like the plague so while I know speculation is useless, it’s all I have to go off of til I’m surprised by whatever is officially revealed lol
#1973  January 21, 2022, 08:33:16 pm

Uhm, SF2 came out in 91, MK in 92 and KOF '94 in... well, 94. All three series have been running pretty strong since.

Yup, pretty much.

I'm talking of how these fighting games have been started in general.

Kim's sons aren't happening, they're still kids in kof.

If Rock Howard is in, any in KOF can happen by the power writing and time traveling.
#1974  January 22, 2022, 03:02:11 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
You guys know that the 4 DLC teams (presumably, year one of DLC, maybe year two as well) have been datamined since the second beta?

Seriously, why people are treating this as if it is 100% official and set in stone? Those names are just placeholders and don't really mean the dlc is set in stone.

Remember how people datamined MK11 and it said Ash from Evil Dead was gonna be in the game (there were even sound files in the data), yet he never appeared in the game. The same also happened with MvC3 (datamined said Doc Ock would be in) and MvCI (same thing but with Gill).

If Rock Howard is in, any in KOF can happen by the power writing and time traveling.

Literally two games ago:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Besides, there's no point in having them while having Kim at the same time. One of them is literally just Kim with another name both in character and gameplay.

Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 03:09:04 am by Magma MK-II
#1975  January 22, 2022, 03:24:41 am
    • USA
You guys know that the 4 DLC teams (presumably, year one of DLC, maybe year two as well) have been datamined since the second beta?

Seriously, why people are treating this as if it is 100% official and set in stone? Those names are just placeholders and don't really mean the dlc is set in stone.

Remember how people datamined MK11 and it said Ash from Evil Dead was gonna be in the game (there were even sound files in the data), yet he never appeared in the game. The same also happened with MvC3 (datamined said Doc Ock would be in) and MvCI (same thing but with Gill).

Literally two games ago:

Besides, there's no point in having them while having Kim at the same time. One of them is literally just Kim with another name both in character and gameplay.

yeah if any kim brother had to be in it probably be dong hwan due to having a unique moveset compared to jae hoon
#1976  January 22, 2022, 04:22:47 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
You guys know that the 4 DLC teams (presumably, year one of DLC, maybe year two as well) have been datamined since the second beta ? That question is already answered in it.

What's the most complete list of "actually datamined stuff"? If I remember correctly, the closest we ever had to a potential leak (besides the pics of the base roster, of course) was just that one guy who accurately foreshadowed Krohnen's inclusion; and the only other thing he really said besides that was that _____* is gonna be in at some point.

Spoiler: * (click to see content)
#1977  January 22, 2022, 05:26:39 pm
Beta 2 had the full list, not with names but with ID numbers along with "categories" (young woman, older man, villain, has a connection with character #D12 etc., the IDs for the characters that were in XIV already remained the same, the IDs of non-returning characters don't show up) so Reddit did a thing and identified everyone based on their relationships and IDs. 4 teams, one "extra" boss (the one in your spoiler) and an actual boss that is not clear if it'll be playable.
It's not 100% guaranteed but it's pretty damn close.
Spoiler: the list (click to see content)
edit - checked Reddit again and I forgot one extra boss but we don't know anything about that.
Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 11:11:34 pm by Byakko
#1978  January 22, 2022, 08:17:41 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Ah, I remember those names... I guess the page where I looked that info didn't bother mentioning about IDs/categories, and them being the closest match to it. Or I just overlooked that part, it's a really likely possibility too. Anyway, thanks for the info. :P

And by the way, this selection of characters is... weirdly fitting with the overall aesthetic that this game implies to be moving towards to.
#1979  January 23, 2022, 12:47:19 am
    • USA
i still would think it be really lazy if they made the orochi versions of CYS dlc.
#1980  January 23, 2022, 08:02:26 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com