YesNoOk

CVS KFM - Akito's Edit (Read 59671 times)

Started by Akito, January 21, 2022, 05:48:57 am
Share this topic:
CVS KFM - Akito's Edit
#1  January 21, 2022, 05:48:57 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I edited Finola's KFM with a few small things:

- Fixed some color patterns in sprites that took away his CVS appearance;
- Adjusted the size of the sprites inside the cns to be more adapted to the CVS chars;
- 6 New Palletes

New Evil Kung Fu Man mode:

- 6 palettes
- New small Portrait
- Walk velocity increased
- Attack and Defense stats in cns are increased [the values work like a joke character]
- Stance have a new expression in face.
- Little change in stance velocity animation

Thanks to Finola for the great work!

I edited the sprites with the help of a small patch released by someone here on the Forum, but I don't remember his name. If anyone remembers, please let me know so I can give you proper credit as well.

PS: Custom Combo and Max Mode are enabled again [you can choose one of then in config.txt]

MEGA:

https://mega.nz/file/mYJBjYDD#xg3u0a...uIRE7vUV0zpGCE

Mediafire:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0beb4xmfwje4anu/The_Kung_Fu_Man_%255BUpdate%255D.rar/file

Thing I need to do:

- Align attack scale with projectile.
- More 6 palletes for two modes [maybe]

HAVE FUN!
Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:43:22 am by Akito
Re: CVS KFM - Akito's Edit
#2  January 21, 2022, 08:05:11 am
    • USA
I could try my hand at making some palettes  ;D :goi:
I'm back, baby!
#3  January 21, 2022, 08:37:13 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks!
#4  January 21, 2022, 06:21:29 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
#5  January 21, 2022, 07:09:49 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
The palettes need to be added in the sff. If you download you can make this. I'll try in this night add more palettes to him and update the archive in here. But all help are appreciated.
#6  January 23, 2022, 11:37:55 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I like this idea that KFM can join CVS/POTS themed rosters.
#7  January 24, 2022, 12:06:06 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I like this idea that KFM can join CVS/POTS themed rosters.

This is the idea. I'm also working on the Kung Fu Girl update by replacing her sprites with the most recent ones S.Y.D released in their "Another Kung Fu Girl Z". I suggested this to Divinewolf but he didn't like the idea so I decided to do it myself.

The new set of sprites has a lot more sprites, so I have to keep adapting the animations to get something good, and that takes a while to do.

If anyone is interested in helping me, please PM me so we can work out the details.

This is a little demonstration of the winposes animations, It's a good work. I want to update the sprites because of this.

PS: This is just a random YouTube demo video.
#8  January 24, 2022, 11:40:36 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Sorry for double post, Kung Fu Man is updated with some things:

- Adicionado 6 paletas
- Custom Combo/Max Mode habilitado novamente

E... Evil Kung Fu Man Mode!

- 6 paletes
- Novo pequeno retrato

Os grandes retratos são diferentes porque eu uso esse char em meu próprio projeto.

Link and more details in first post.
Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 11:50:24 am by Akito
#9  January 24, 2022, 12:33:38 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Why don't you request some additional palettes? Could post a template here or ask around on the forum. I know that yolomate guy at MMV always makes palettes.
#10  January 24, 2022, 08:46:10 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm also working on the Kung Fu Girl update by replacing her sprites with the most recent ones S.Y.D released in their "Another Kung Fu Girl Z". I suggested this to Divinewolf but he didn't like the idea so I decided to do it myself.

The new set of sprites has a lot more sprites, so I have to keep adapting the animations to get something good, and that takes a while to do.

If anyone is interested in helping me, please PM me so we can work out the details.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpEyRpP7jM[/youtube]

This is a little demonstration of the winposes animations, It's a good work. I want to update the sprites because of this.

I like that too...
I'm not sure I can help it depending on what you need.
(tweak animations or frankensprite something to make new ones...)

SYD's work is incredible! So many great sprited moves...
I always regretted DW version to miss many moves (?) like this neckbreaker command throw.

So, I like your project, but feel somewhat sad not so many of his new KFG sprites will not be used in this custom character.
Unless you consider adding some extra moves based on SYD's last KFG version.

DW

#11  January 24, 2022, 09:17:17 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The one I didn't want to use was the more cartoon-ish looking set. This here in the vid above appears to look the same as the older one I used, just improved upon and a lot more animations added. I....don't really do anything anymore.... However, KFG was one of the chars that I needed to fine tune with a palette optimization and color separation. Among other things. Her pal table is a nightmare.... Though I do like what I see there with the different winposes and such.

I'll tell you what: No promises, but if you send me the most up to date version of that version of her, I'll look into seeing how much work I'd have to put in to update her with all the new stuff. I still wouldn't add any of the "stolen"/joke moves, though she may have some new normals and other stuff I could use for sure.
#12  January 24, 2022, 11:04:46 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Tried to redownload him but he's got this screen popping up when I try to
#13  January 25, 2022, 02:39:41 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I'm also working on the Kung Fu Girl update by replacing her sprites with the most recent ones S.Y.D released in their "Another Kung Fu Girl Z". I suggested this to Divinewolf but he didn't like the idea so I decided to do it myself.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpEyRpP7jM[/youtube]

I like that too...
I'm not sure I can help it depending on what you need.
(tweak animations or frankensprite something to make new ones...)

SYD's work is incredible! So many great sprited moves...
I always regretted DW version to miss many moves (?) like this neckbreaker command throw.

So, I like your project, but feel somewhat sad not so many of his new KFG sprites will not be used in this custom character.
Unless you consider adding some extra moves based on SYD's last KFG version.

I don't believe that the char needs very drastic animation adaptations, as the idea would be to just change the sprites that already exist in the DW version.

The SYD version has all the required sprites, however, some animations must have some adaptations due to the number of sprites which is much higher compared to the DW version.

We can work out the details in private, I'm glad you're interested in the project because I was already thinking about calling you to help me.

The one I didn't want to use was the more cartoon-ish looking set. This here in the vid above appears to look the same as the older one I used, just improved upon and a lot more animations added. I....don't really do anything anymore.... However, KFG was one of the chars that I needed to fine tune with a palette optimization and color separation. Among other things. Her pal table is a nightmare.... Though I do like what I see there with the different winposes and such.

I'll tell you what: No promises, but if you send me the most up to date version of that version of her, I'll look into seeing how much work I'd have to put in to update her with all the new stuff. I still wouldn't add any of the "stolen"/joke moves, though she may have some new normals and other stuff I could use for sure.

It's good to know that you're still interested in updating it, I'll do my best to deliver you good material.

I want to keep what you did in your char, however, I think you can add more stuff to it without losing its essence.

I have the most updated version of SYD, with the normal version and a "Master" version if you press start before choosing it to fight, check it out:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k75rlsretsmxt5h/akfgz.rar/file

The updated sprites are VERY good.

Tried to redownload him but he's got this screen popping up when I try to

strange, try with this link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0beb4xmfwje4anu/The_Kung_Fu_Man_%255BUpdate%255D.rar/file
#14  January 25, 2022, 03:11:26 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Thank you, works fine, and yes it's very strange I've never encountered that lol