YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1208058 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Shin Gouki and Lei-Lei added)
#121  January 24, 2022, 08:49:47 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
OMG he's back!!! Almost thought PoTs was retired!
#122  January 24, 2022, 08:54:13 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Ah, alright then. If it's alright for me to ask, in a similar vein to the Gouki thing earlier, do you have any interest/plans for giving Dictator/Bison/Vega or Geese any extra modes or new moves, like with Ryu? Something I've been thinking about since the Ryu and Guy update came out.
On the surface Geese has changed very little since I think he was already my best character. Dictator will gain a couple new toys. No new modes however.

Ah, that sounds good. And yeah, Geese is great, I was just wondering if he'd have changes in his moves since I remember some stuff about him that I personally found kind of iffy, like the behavior of EX Reppuken and the lack of recovery time after an OTG grab like there is in KOF / Real Bout.
#123  January 24, 2022, 09:07:52 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Ah, that sounds good. And yeah, Geese is great, I was just wondering if he'd have changes in his moves since I remember some stuff about him that I personally found kind of iffy, like the behavior of EX Reppuken and the lack of recovery time after an OTG grab like there is in KOF / Real Bout.

I was also gonna judge EX Reppuken because it's rather awkward since you have to get at the perfect range to get either all the hits in or enough time to combo afterwards and it's pretty unsafe due to the lack of pushback.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update

DW

#124  January 24, 2022, 09:08:21 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Don't take this personally because it's not, and from what I've seen you're one of the few people to take my style and give it a new fork, but it seems like consistency is the biggest meme in the community now. A few years back I'd have made a Consistent Akuma.

Guy makes more sense in context. I wasn't trying to create a style or anything, and if I wanted to add a dodge I'd have to sprite it myself, so it sometimes made it in and sometimes didn't. Karin also only has a roll, so you can see which was my favourite mechanic in that department. I removed Lei-Lei's dodge this time because I don't care enough about that mechanic and would need to make a new animation for it after making Ankihou chargeable.

I'm not sure what would be taken "personally" in this response.... But ok...? Lol, it's fine and I understand where you're coming from. It is a bit of a meme, one that I unfortunately fell into myself for a while. It's more so the expectations of others, and them trying to force it upon you. I apologize if my suggestion came off as such.

On the surface Geese has changed very little since I think he was already my best character. Dictator will gain a couple new toys. No new modes however.

I agree. A bit of fine tuning is always a good thing, though your Geese was my main inspiration and a very well conceived character. My only suggestions with him, would be applying the color separation to him. Like NDS suggested with your other chars that people have made CS's for. I think someone made one for your Lei-Lei as well several months back. I really hope you use it for Charlie(Nash) as Davis did a great job on that CS. Some extras were even included as well, like a run animation among others.

Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:41:20 pm by DW
#125  January 24, 2022, 09:36:08 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
2022 surprises us in which way!! Welcome back POTS, not sure if you remember me, however :P

As a DS fan, I tested Lei-Lei and it feels even more solid than the old version, not bugs or something noticed apart of that Zamba bug already noticed before. Just my eternal whining of not having a WinM version of your chars (apart of DW and me, there's the Japanese community that still uses WinM BTW)... and also this:

I finally made the cut-in-half states for MUGEN with my Earthworm Jim and some of my ClayFighter chars, which was taken from DS chars (exactly from GhostFox12's Bishamon) and I noticed your Lei-Lei doesn't have it (Jim's Claytality makes the Launch from MUGEN (aka "up up and away" final move) when the character doesn't have the anim) but Jmorphman's Bulleta (great char, you should play with it) has it. Would you implement the DS custom states like this one in Lei-Lei in future updates?

That's all. Again, welcome back and good to see you again :hyo: I hope more updates of your chars (or maybe new ones) soon!!

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#126  January 24, 2022, 11:26:48 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Nothing to report on Shin Akuma. Love his combo potential. Particularly with his otg's. Really...really looking forward to the Geese updates. Even a small change is welcome.  Even tho he's pretty much perfect. And your Dictator is already tier 1 so...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#127  January 26, 2022, 09:31:43 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Would you consider implementing the extended color separation, that were made a while ago for some of your chars?

If you like the concept but don't feel like diggin in too much for one more aesthetic feature, I can gladly help you in this speciffic regard - adapting the previous palettes, re-aligning sprites if needed, etc. :)
Those look really nice. However, and I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know how much work it is to do color separation, after a certain point it makes the characters very hard to work with. I never would've added Lei-Lei's Dark Force if I had to separate more than her claws, for instance. So it'd have to be the last step in the updates, or still done by patches.

Also, concerning Nash specifically, it'd make people ask ever harder for SF5 content, hehe.

OMG he's back!!! Almost thought PoTs was retired!
I think I was active for 6 years and retired for 12, so no one will blame you.

I went and tweaked EX Reppuken a bit to make it easier to use. I don't think the OTG grab needs more recovery though, for the damage and range it has.

I'm not sure what would be taken "personally" in this response.... But ok...?
Nothing, really. It's just a disclaimer because I haven't posted in forums in a long time but remember that people can be too sensitive. Not you. You're cool. :8):

Lol, it's fine and I understand where you're coming from. It is a bit of a meme, one that I unfortunately fell into myself for a while. It's more so the expectations of others, and them trying to force it upon you. I apologize if my suggestion came off as such.
I know, right. I think I'd have changed other things sooner if people hadn't already grown used to them. I think the characters have too many defensive options, for instance.

2022 surprises us in which way!! Welcome back POTS, not sure if you remember me, however :P
I remember seeing that same Basara avatar for years. :P

As a DS fan, I tested Lei-Lei and it feels even more solid than the old version, not bugs or something noticed apart of that Zamba bug already noticed before. Just my eternal whining of not having a WinM version of your chars (apart of DW and me, there's the Japanese community that still uses WinM BTW)...
I don't want to go off on a tangent here, but what's the reason why people still use it?

I finally made the cut-in-half states for MUGEN with my Earthworm Jim and some of my ClayFighter chars, which was taken from DS chars (exactly from GhostFox12's Bishamon) and I noticed your Lei-Lei doesn't have it (Jim's Claytality makes the Launch from MUGEN (aka "up up and away" final move) when the character doesn't have the anim) but Jmorphman's Bulleta (great char, you should play with it) has it. Would you implement the DS custom states like this one in Lei-Lei in future updates?

That's all. Again, welcome back and good to see you again :hyo: I hope more updates of your chars (or maybe new ones) soon!!
I'll have to look into it. Not a priority though because that's going to be seen extremely rarely and I kind of have to be cost effective with my time right now.

Thanks.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

2OS

#128  January 26, 2022, 01:33:54 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
As a DS fan, I tested Lei-Lei and it feels even more solid than the old version, not bugs or something noticed apart of that Zamba bug already noticed before. Just my eternal whining of not having a WinM version of your chars (apart of DW and me, there's the Japanese community that still uses WinM BTW)...
I don't want to go off on a tangent here, but what's the reason why people still use it?

i'd say there are 3 big ones

1. freqmul; you cannot replicate scaling it through code in newer mugen (a shrinking custom state where it gradually rises for example; you've seen a video i've shared). aside from that some authors use it a lot (me) to resample sounds to the point where you don't exactly realize that "it's the same sound" (so many officially released games do this too) and for all the effort put forth into doing that to be in vain simply because it doesn't do anything in newer mugen is kind of insulting and in turn will cause people to not fully migrate to newer mugen (that's not to say that we don't want to; we're not anti new mugen. the most annoying thing about this is people will on ignorance act like we are).

2. cheap character exploits. one of them being something called "%n" which is an argument taken by displaytoclipboard that in essence enables hex editing through cns.

3. z axis is gone. i don't personally know anyone making use of it but nonetheless.

sound quality in general is horrible on newer mugen. it's a shame because the new sound engine is already far less prone to crashing than winmugen ever was. combined with the fact that there so many other new things that were introduced with newer mugen it kinda doesn't make sense that sound has seen such little progress. even more so that "volume" is no longer valid as it was (somewhat redundantly) replaced with "volumescale".
#129  January 26, 2022, 08:40:42 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I just wanted to say welcome back.

Also, a small question, since we're asking about WinMugen/MUGEN versions: are you planning on using any IKEMEN-only tools? RedirectID, maps, SFFs that can actually change dynamically, tons of more stuff... Heck ZSS is a whole other beast.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#130  January 27, 2022, 04:22:21 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I was talking to JNP earlier today on Discord about hard knockdown stuff, and I remembered that a lot of your hard knockdown states check P2 to see if they have a 5980 animation, which was presumably some sort of hard knockdown standard. But back when I was setting up the Optional Animation Standards thread, I was totally unable to find anyone who used that anim. In fact, I actually found a 5980 standard that was already established and used by a few authors, replicating a Hon-Fu move from Real Bout Special:

Because the animation standard specifically uses attack frames, it looks pretty weird when a character who uses the Hon-Fu 5980 standard gets hit by a hard knockdown move:

Do you know of anyone who uses 5980 as a hard knockdown? If it's totally unused, it might be best to just take it off entirely. Thankfully it's hard to notice the mismatch like in the above image, but even so.
#131  January 27, 2022, 01:28:37 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Welcome Back but instead of making characters why no to make a full game with the others mugen pots character creators? because your fanbase about your style is really big.
#132  January 27, 2022, 03:38:55 pm
    • Brazil
Well, we don't know if he's making new characters or just updating his, besides, if it's just a compilation, why don't you do it yourself?
#133  January 27, 2022, 08:18:51 pm
    • Portugal
i'd say there are 3 big ones
Winmugen had its problems, but it sure was nice to have everyone using the same engine version. Guess that's never coming back.

I just wanted to say welcome back.

Also, a small question, since we're asking about WinMugen/MUGEN versions: are you planning on using any IKEMEN-only tools? RedirectID, maps, SFFs that can actually change dynamically, tons of more stuff... Heck ZSS is a whole other beast.
Not yet at least. Ikemen has the potential to be the future Mugen, but the vanilla engine still runs a lot more smoothly for me.

I was talking to JNP earlier today on Discord about hard knockdown stuff, and I remembered that a lot of your hard knockdown states check P2 to see if they have a 5980 animation, which was presumably some sort of hard knockdown standard. But back when I was setting up the Optional Animation Standards thread, I was totally unable to find anyone who used that anim. In fact, I actually found a 5980 standard that was already established and used by a few authors, replicating a Hon-Fu move from Real Bout Special:
That's odd. There used to be an optional standards thread just like yours where I ran everything by before coding, so I must've gotten it from there. I'll update all characters with 5420 instead. Thanks for pointing it out.

Oddly enough I've been using Vans's Rugal as the KOF test dummy and never noticed my mistake because his first frame for the Hon-Fu animation doesn't look as out of place as Ken's.

Welcome Back but instead of making characters why no to make a full game with the others mugen pots character creators? because your fanbase about your style is really big.
I think the people who may want that already compiled it by themselves.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#134  January 27, 2022, 08:29:46 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Oh, I'm also curious about Sakura's differences aswell, mainly the Dark Sakura mode which was a WIP iirc. I'm mainly curious if she'll get more unique supers like maybe getting a more proper SGS in contrast to the normal Mode's.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update

lui

#135  January 28, 2022, 09:26:58 pm
    • USA
How much would I have to beg to get you to revisit your Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter idea? I've been kicking JnP's ass for years for not doing it himself! :p

In any case, I do like the changes you've made for the most part, everyone feels way more distinct and more representative of their character rather than being focused on getting a "style" right.

Quick question though, what was the though process behind giving Shin Gouki DS chains? Not complaining, just curious on what brought this on exactly.
#136  January 29, 2022, 11:27:27 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Sup Phantom, I know you weren't really my first interest when I first joined the mugen scene back then, but replaying your improved creations mainly think that I was missing out on alot of good chars similar to yours (Karma being a good example).

I'm really looking forward to updates to more of your old chars in the future, they're just THAT fun! :laugh:

Speaking of, I really like your bonus games (Catwalk being my most fav), are you possibly gonna update one of them as well? Just curious
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:32:18 am by Vocalnoid
#137  January 29, 2022, 12:29:52 pm
  • un mago errante
    • Chile
    • Skype - cristopeles
 good news.
un mago errante estudiando idiomas para salir de la rutina
#138  January 29, 2022, 02:27:55 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Out the gate, nice to see you back! Gonna pop out from six feet under to dump some impressions here for characters I feel qualified to speak on, glad to see (and hear) that you're still doing well. As a preface, these updates feel like substantial improvements! I'll be using numpad notation since I think it's easiest to read and parse (I've become an anime player) but if you need clarification on it do let me know!

Guy:
- Regarding pre-jump, 5 frames feels like a lot coming from Alpha and CVS2 (the former from recency the latter from loose recollection), but perhaps it's best this way to make hops easier to do. Take it or leave it, I suppose, haha.
- 2LP is +8. This might be a little excessive for hit/block advantage, even for a light normal.
- Light normals in general seem really wild, but his LP ones stand out.
- 2MK feels a bit odd here. Normally this is cancellable in most games he's playable in for at least the 1st hit (Alpha 1/Alpha 2), and the range feels a bit off here too. As a result it should probably have a bit more recovery too if you make this change at all.
- 214P (Hozanto) frame advantage seems a bit too good as well. +0 on block with big pushback. Usually this move IS safe though, -3 in Alpha 2 with similar pushback, which might achieve the same effect but be a bit less excess? The EX one could probably be 0 or remain as is.
- Runstop feels a bit slow (236K > P), it's less safe in pressure than all of his other run options when usually it's the other way around. As it stands you're better off doing 236K > MK as its only -1 but on hit it launches.
- Close 5HK whiffing crouchers is a bit odd feeling, especially coming from the general use cases that normal had in the Alpha series.
- 2HP not being cancellable feels really strange considering he has a lot of his Alpha 1 cancels (including Far 5MK!) but not this one.
- Close 5LK, for its startup and properties, might benefit from hitting low? It aims at the foot area, and a lot of normals in Capcom games that do this are generally blocked low.

I can't really add much for his Supers or anything else, they all feel great and work about how I expect! As an Alpha 1/2 Guy player, he's generally really close and really only feels weird in the aforementioned ways either compared directly to those games or just other Capcom things of the 90s/early 2000s. I quite like that he has his Alpha 1 Far 5MK cancels, the sacred neutral.

Ryu:
- 2MP being +7 on block is pretty wild. I know the hit and block data is the same and the idea is for 2MP to link into 2MK, but this might be me putting forth the general idea of normals having slightly less blockstun than hitstun.
- 6MK feels VERY loaded as a command normal. About the only thing it doesn't do is hit crouchers, but it hops lows, is +5 on hit/block (!!!!), and is Frame 13 compared to 6HP which has similar data on hit and block but starts up much slower. 6MK if I am not mistaken also carries over run momentum too? Might be....a little too good? I know you can crouch it, but if you're a tall character.....
- Close 5MK has a TON of recovery compared to his other proximity normals, despite being slower than them. Close 5HP for instance is 1f faster on startup, safer on block, doubles as an anti air, and still has the force stand on hit. Close 5MK could probably stand to just have a bit less recovery.
- 6MP is -5 on hit. Normally this overhead isn't plus unless you meaty, but -5 means you can actually get punished pretty hard for it. The startup IS fast, but it might be better served being -2/-3?
- Hadouken being +0 point blank is similarly really good, but this is less egregious cause it has startup and other properties, and of course the average MUGEN character usually has a roll or something projectile invincible. It's mostly just weird that EX Fireball is as safe on block as Normal fireball at a lot of distances including point blank, truthfully.
- Might be completely pedantic and pointless but I do sort of wish EX Tatsumaki > Shinkuu Hadouken fully connected in juggles in the corner. It's a partial connect which is fine but, it'd be cool~.
- Ryu's counter super (222PP) is honestly pretty useless. Someone mentioned it was too good, and I'd be maybe be more inclined to agree if it wasn't for the glaring issue of having superfreeze before it actually starts countering stuff. There's a whole video talking about Counter supers like this in the context of Remy's Blue Nocturne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzSMkhSdgk and while this super isn't quite that bad because it doesn't lock Ryu out of using other supers, as a result of this property I feel like it's.....not particularly useful? My only suggestion would be to remove the Superflash until it actually counters something, I know this wouldn't be very "90s Capcom" but their approach to supers like this were generally terrible (IMO).
- Evil Ryu 6HP feels way wild too, +3 and its that fast? Realistically I can only suggest increasing the recovery on it cause it's cancellable anyways.
- Evil Ryu 236K seems about right, but 236MK being +2 and not just - but safe is a bit odd.
- Evil Ryu 236KK (EX) hit overhead in USF4. It was pretty telegraphed as one anyways but I'll put it forward as a suggestion here too just for parity's sake.

Ryu feels great too! Really, I have to echo: it's nice to see you back and updating. The hitboxes, visual polish, everything, is all SO much better. Can't wait to see what you do with Dan and Dictator in particular. I'll probably whip up stuff for them too when the time comes. Until then~.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Dan added)
#139  January 29, 2022, 03:40:05 pm
    • Portugal
Oh, I'm also curious about Sakura's differences aswell, mainly the Dark Sakura mode which was a WIP iirc. I'm mainly curious if she'll get more unique supers like maybe getting a more proper SGS in contrast to the normal Mode's.
WIP is too nice of a word. It was something I could never be bothered to finish. :P But it's finished now. One of the themes in these updates has been adding stuff that should've been there from the start.
Also mode change is no longer a "secret" move, so she's quite fun.

How much would I have to beg to get you to revisit your Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter idea? I've been kicking JnP's ass for years for not doing it himself! :p
At this point I just think't it'd be too much work for too little payoff.

Quick question though, what was the though process behind giving Shin Gouki DS chains? Not complaining, just curious on what brought this on exactly.
I don't remember anymore. Might have been a consequence of doing Pocket Shin Gouki first.

good news.
Sup Phantom, I know you weren't really my first interest when I first joined the mugen scene back then, but replaying your improved creations mainly think that I was missing out on alot of good chars similar to yours (Karma being a good example).
Thanks. It's nice to hear people still have fun with them.

Speaking of, I really like your bonus games (Catwalk being my most fav), are you possibly gonna update one of them as well? Just curious
Yes, but the changes will be minimal. Just bug fixing and such. The weird characters (Kraken etc) will be updated as well.

Out the gate, nice to see you back! Gonna pop out from six feet under to dump some impressions here for characters I feel qualified to speak on, glad to see (and hear) that you're still doing well. As a preface, these updates feel like substantial improvements! I'll be using numpad notation since I think it's easiest to read and parse (I've become an anime player) but if you need clarification on it do let me know!
Wow. I love this kind of feedback and there's so much of it! Thanks!
(I'm familiar with numpad notation and even use it in the code)

I can't promise to nerf everything, but you can be sure I'll be going over every one of these points. Some things I can answer in advance:

Guy:
- Regarding pre-jump, 5 frames feels like a lot coming from Alpha and CVS2 (the former from recency the latter from loose recollection), but perhaps it's best this way to make hops easier to do. Take it or leave it, I suppose, haha.
It's because of the hops indeed. Part of me wants to remove that system (since I was raised with Capcom games), but I've also made SNK characters and they'd feel weird without it. Already removed them from the DS characters where they made no sense.

Ryu:
- 2MP being +7 on block is pretty wild. I know the hit and block data is the same and the idea is for 2MP to link into 2MK, but this might be me putting forth the general idea of normals having slightly less blockstun than hitstun.
At one point I was changing Ryu's frame data to closer to SF4 or SF5 until I realized I was adding like a million frames of recovery to every move, haha. Then I scratched it. I'll try to strike a balance there.

I should start using the frame data training dummy I've seen people use. That should be easier than going through every (dis)advantage frame by frame like I do.

- Might be completely pedantic and pointless but I do sort of wish EX Tatsumaki > Shinkuu Hadouken fully connected in juggles in the corner. It's a partial connect which is fine but, it'd be cool~.
It connects fully in the current version but to be honest I don't even remember when I changed that. In fact EX Tatsu might be too good now.

- Ryu's counter super (222PP) is honestly pretty useless. Someone mentioned it was too good, and I'd be maybe be more inclined to agree if it wasn't for the glaring issue of having superfreeze before it actually starts countering stuff. There's a whole video talking about Counter supers like this in the context of Remy's Blue Nocturne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzSMkhSdgk and while this super isn't quite that bad because it doesn't lock Ryu out of using other supers, as a result of this property I feel like it's.....not particularly useful? My only suggestion would be to remove the Superflash until it actually counters something, I know this wouldn't be very "90s Capcom" but their approach to supers like this were generally terrible (IMO).
Balancing counter supers is just very hard by design I guess. Geese's turned out alright I think, but that is a Level 3 and it's Geese "Predictabo" Howard, so I didn't want to make Ryu's as good. Even then Deadly Rave is better.
At least Ryu's has the saving grace of being usable in combos.

- Evil Ryu 236K seems about right, but 236MK being +2 and not just - but safe is a bit odd.
That one was intentional. The advantage and startup goes up more or less in a linear way with each version.

By the way that move is half responsible for me adding the Stun system. If there's one thing fun about modern Evil Ryu/Kage it's the Ryusokyaku combos.

- Evil Ryu 236KK (EX) hit overhead in USF4. It was pretty telegraphed as one anyways but I'll put it forward as a suggestion here too just for parity's sake.
I didn't really like that about the original since it's the same animation and one hits mid but the other hits high. Like you said it's not very useful anyway.
Reminds me of your point about Guy's close LK. I don't like it when a standing move hits low just because.

Ryu feels great too! Really, I have to echo: it's nice to see you back and updating. The hitboxes, visual polish, everything, is all SO much better. Can't wait to see what you do with Dan and Dictator in particular. I'll probably whip up stuff for them too when the time comes. Until then~.
Thanks. Don't expect the changes to be as drastic for everyone though, as some characters needed it more than others. About Dan you're in luck.

A couple new updates today.

Lei-Lei:
- Gets an early update because I didn't want her to keep crashing through people's floors. But it's more than that

Dan:
- Moved a few things around to make more sense. Overall should feel more polished
- Has an experimental input buffer, so let me know if it breaks anything so I can add it to every character

I've had a change of heart regarding some things. I think everyone will have back rolls, but they will be a bit worse than the forward rolls. And I'm adding and even updating the hi-res sparks to everyone so see if you like them.
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Dan added)
#140  January 29, 2022, 04:30:53 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
For all it's worth, if you ever want a nice page of frame data references, https://wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Capcom_vs_SNK_2/Ryu I believe the CVS2 wiki is in shape and displays just about everyone's data here? As it turns out, your estimation on Ryu 2MP was only a frame off! I'll get to looking at Dan in-depth soon but honestly he seems to tick all the boxes and I can't find anything really "off" or worth mentioning (which is good!)

As for Ryu's frame data, yeah, I think it's OVERALL mostly fine outside of what I mentioned haha. That anecdote about SF4 and SF5 is so true tbh, moreso in the latter. SF5 is very focused in its design, a lot of its moves do very specific, VERY scienced out things, which I feel definitely is at odds with that classic 90s Capcom approach of like, a general purpose but not a narrow one, if that makes sense? I prefer the CVS2 and the general 90s Capcom approach for all it's worth, I think it adds more long-term depth as long as there's just enough thought put in, heh.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 05:04:58 pm by TTTTTsd