YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4718361 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Misaka Quick Update (01/18/22)
#821  January 19, 2022, 12:30:49 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

Not sure if you’re willing to go that far in terms of special intros with characters made by other authors, but I do remember Websta’s Shizuo having a special intro with Misaka, and his half actually plays when faced against your own.

EDIT: Apparently the deviantart page I linked in the past got deactivated, so unfortunately a good chunk of the models from GBVS that aren’t on Models Resource are no longer available now unless you decide to try and rip the models from the game yourself. Someone did rip all the audio from the game though, voice clips and all.

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/granblue-fantasy-versus-sounds-195058.0.html

Also ended up finding someone who ripped Android 21’s model after a bit of digging, as well as a bunch of other characters from FighterZ.

https://www.deviantart.com/mrunclebingo/art/DBFZ-Android-21-Evil-1st-Form-762293668

2nd EDIT: Apparently another person ripped some models from Granblue Versus, a few of which that aren’t on MR (Lancelot, Beelzebub, Djeeta and Zooey). Same dude also ripped a few characters from Strive as well. Again though, no idea if all of their needed assets are within their models, but it seems like it might be the case.

https://www.deviantart.com/o-dv89-o/gallery/80223660/granblue-fantasy-versus

https://www.deviantart.com/o-dv89-o/gallery/80223655/guilty-gear-strive
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:17:37 pm by Solid Snivy
#822  January 22, 2022, 01:49:14 am
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/tiloger/videos
    • Colombia
    • tiloger90@hotmail.com
    • http://mugeneros.activoforo.com/f1-mugen
friend how do you lower the AI ​​to your chars? so that they are not so aggressive in which file is the Ai?
#823  January 22, 2022, 03:15:05 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since I needed some ideas for the others to get updated, I decided to check out the force breaks again and noticed that they gain meter when they're not supposed to (Whether they're used or hit the opponent). Depending on the force break, it's possible they can abuse it non-stop depending on how fast you can make them gain meter. If there is still meter remaining after 4 consecutive uses but doesn't gain on use, that means the force break uses less than 500. Unfortunately, this means I have to check everyone again including the ones already been updated. Here are the ones that do (And some other feedback I missed):

Ruby:
-Guillotine
-EX Buzzsaw Blast

Mika:
-EX Cannon (The first successful hit)
-5BBB Land has no sliding dust, but the sound can be heard.

Gordeau:
-EX Assimilation (The first successful hit)

Azrael:
-The hits of Valiant Charge and Hornet Chaser (Or do you think it's fine because it's enhanced and feels rewarding when used? I can see it two ways)

Robo-Weiss:
-Air Hals Brechen

Misaka:
-EX Electro Shock

Es:
-Air EX Breunor

Yu:
-None, but the force break version of Big Gamble doesn't have increased cornerpush on the last hit.

Yumi:
-Termination (The first hit by a successful counter)
-Storm of Snowbirds
-I also forgot to mentioned that the vignette effect on the last hit of Secret Ninja Art: Ice Pillar Fan also have no envshake.

Adachi:
-Vorpal Blade (Doesn't seem to gain meter when used, but it's not fully empty after 4 consecutive uses)

Quote:
-King's Revenge (The first successful hit and for some reason, it's not fully empty after 4 consecutive uses)

Blitztank:
-EX Blitz Mine (It's also not fully empty after 4 consecutive uses)

Heart:
-Homing Cancel (No meter is gained, but the EX Spark is bugged as it played 4 times from one use)
-Both variants of Roz Toxo (It's also not fully empty after 4 consecutive uses)

Iori:
-EX Yamibarai

Shantae:
-Storm Puff
-Skyward Storm Puff

Yukiko:
-Agilao (When the projectile connects)
-The command for EX Phoenix Blade Swirl feels restrictive and makes you do Maragion when used on the ground.

Hyde:
-EX Black Orbiter (When the projectile connects)
-Vacant Shift Sediment

Thief:
-EX Hold Trick (Doesn't seem to gain meter when used, but it's not fully empty after 4 consecutive uses)

Meta Knight:
-Galactic Counter (The first hit by a successful counter)

Lina:
-EX Needle Storm

King Dedede:
-EX Inhale (The first successful hit)

Kohaku:
-All of her force breaks don't gain meter when used or hits, but it's not fully empty after 4 consecutive uses.

If any characters requires the use of a special before they can perform it, then I think they're fine like Mai, Isaac and Faust. Plus, it's hard to tell whether their force breaks use less than 500 due to their specials. Out of the issues I reported with special attribute flags, vignette animation relayering and this, Tager is literally the only that doesn't have any of those issues.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 21 Quick Updates (01/23/22)
#824  January 23, 2022, 07:38:19 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
All Fixed.

-Quick fixes for bugs related to Force Breaks and other minor visual errors for the following characters:
Ruby
Mika
Robo-Weiss
Misaka
Es
Yu
Yumi
Adachi
Blitztank
Heart
Iori
Shantae
Yukiko
Hyde
Thief
Mitsuru
Metaknight
Lina
Dedede
Kohaku
Download all updates simultaniously here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RNTZzDo9s0lcRL9XUe0fzyqyMTtHzhv8/view?usp=sharing

The special intros will come another time. Right now, I'd like to focus on getting Pistrix ready.

Gordeau:
-EX Assimilation (The first successful hit)

Azrael:
-The hits of Valiant Charge and Hornet Chaser

As strange as it may seem, both of these are accurate to Cross Tag

Mitsuru:
-2BB has no recovery and can deal a lot of damage if followed up repetitively with 5BBB.
-Although it does little damage, the opponent is unable to avoid running throw for two more times after it was rapid canceled twice consecutively.

2BB isn't supposed to be recoverable, but I have made it to where it deals less damage during consecutive uses and have the opponent stand back up sooner after a certain amount of uses.

Second one works as intended. As you said, this doesn't deal much damage and it isn't an effective way to stall for a time over either.

#825  January 23, 2022, 09:35:39 am
    • USA
The special intros will come another time. Right now, I'd like to focus on getting Pistrix ready.
Alright. If there's something wrong or forgotten, I won't be returning back to the topic until after she is released. Because I also really need to focus on doing my own stuff. So that's all for now.

As strange as it may seem, both of these are accurate to Cross Tag
Understood. I had a feeling Azrael makes sense since it's not technically gained from Crash and Bunker respectively. Guess for Gordeau, he "takes" the amount of meter from them.

2BB isn't supposed to be recoverable, but I have made it to where it deals less damage during consecutive uses and have the opponent stand back up sooner after a certain amount of uses.

Second one works as intended. As you said, this doesn't deal much damage and it isn't an effective way to stall for a time over either.
Perfect, now she can't deal too much damage very easily without effort.

Just making sure if that's right. It's also impossible for it to be an infinite due to the rapid canceling using 1000 meter.
#826  January 25, 2022, 01:39:39 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Found a bug in K. Rool where you can roll cancel while Krocodile Diver sends you up to trap your opponent in a custom state. I was also wondering why Ultra Burst doesn't reset the damage dampener on Quote, Isaac, and Ruby like it does your other characters.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:02:11 am by jenngra505
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 4 Quick Updates (01/24/22)
#827  January 25, 2022, 04:21:13 am
    • USA
Fixed. Go ahead and redownload them.

King K Rool
-Fixed an error where K Rool could roll forward during Krocodile Driver
Ruby, Quote, and Isaac
-Fixed an error the Damage Dampener didn't reset when Ultra Bursting
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: 4 Quick Updates (01/24/22)
#828  January 26, 2022, 01:01:48 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Ragna's damage dampener doesn't reset when Ultra Bursting either, took me this long to notice.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Ragna Quick Update (01/25/22)
#829  January 26, 2022, 04:11:06 am
    • USA
Also fixed, along with a couple of other things:

Ragna
-Fixed an error the Damage dampener didn't reset when Ultra Bursting
-Carnage Scissors, Seed of Tartarus, and Blood Scythe can now hit armored opponents
-Fixed minor visual errors
#830  January 30, 2022, 01:24:15 pm
    • USA
Question:

Have you ever considered making a template for those who want to make characters in your style like Ichida, Resentone and K6Orochi have done?
#831  January 30, 2022, 07:54:30 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how are you doing? You doing well? How's your development of characters going, especially with your current character Pistrix and the upcoming character Pyra from Xenoblade. Also how is Pyra gonna play like? It is gonna be similar to Smash Bros, or are you gonna do your own spin on it?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Pistrix Released (01/30/22)
#832  January 31, 2022, 12:45:35 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Question:

Have you ever considered making a template for those who want to make characters in your style like Ichida, Resentone and K6Orochi have done?

I remember that K-4-6-Orochi is using Yang as a base to make his characters (RWBY chars, Gunvolt, Bowser, etc.)
#833  January 31, 2022, 12:48:02 am
    • USA
Pistrix has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Pistrix here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wp6j3U2inUQRIWWlWXvHRoby8HESfyYf/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.

Nah. I think that's something that would be best saved for if and when I'm done making characters.

Hey OHMSBY, how are you doing? You doing well?

Yes.

how is Pyra gonna play like? It is gonna be similar to Smash Bros, or are you gonna do your own spin on it?

Her Smash Ultimate move set will be largely intact, only exception being is that she won't be able to swap out with Mythra. Not only does the engine generally not play nice with transformations due to the existence of custom states, having all of Mythra's sprites in the same sff would make for an absolutely massive file size, so she would have to be made as a separate character.

#834  January 31, 2022, 02:20:45 am
    • USA
So now that Pistrix is out, I came up with this interesting idea after testing Kohaku. You already know it, but thought I share it with everyone else. If a character uses 5AAAA as a special, it deals chip damage, but can't chip kill and the attribute flag is still V. The actual special also deals chip damage, but can chip kill and the attribute flag is S.

I noticed that certain characters can do specials as their 5AAAAs. Here are the ones that do:

Misaka:
-5AAAA does A Electro Fencer, which has the S attribute flag, deals chip damage and can chip kill.
-The hitspark shouldn't play when Only My Railgun successfully connects.

Waldstein:
-5AAAA does A Verderben if 5AAA doesn't grab the opponent, which has the S attribute flag, deals chip damage and can chip kill.

Nanase:
-5AAAA does Avancer With You, which has the V attribute flag and deals no chip damage.
-The actual Avancer With You special deals no chip damage and still has the V attribute flag.
-The sliding dust on both 5AAAA and Avancer With You should be bigger.

For the attribute flags I mentioned previously for her, let 5AAAA still be V while the actual Avancer With You special be S. While both of them should deal chip damage, only 5AAAA can't chip kill.

Thief:
-5AAAA does Whirlwind, but deals no chip damage and still has the S attribute flag.
-Hold Trick can chip kill upon block and knock out the opponent immediately instead of the 2nd hit when successful.

Shana:
-5AAAA does Gouka, which has the V attribute flag and deals no chip damage.
-The actual Gouka special deals no chip damage, but has the S attribute flag.

Kohaku:
-This means the A and B versions of Drawn Sword: Hidden Blade now needs to be changed so it chip kills.

To keep this balanced, this should only apply to physical specials. Keep 5AAAA as V while their actual specials be S. While both of them should deal chip damage, only 5AAAA can't chip kill. Yu and Hyde are exceptions to this as Yu actually does Zio and Hyde's Insulator does chip damage to all of his attacks. But if Waldstein does chip kill with 5AAAA in source despite being physical, then let's keep it strictly to characters with hypothetical movesets and not those who are in Cross Tag.

Now back to the ones that were missed or forgotten:

Gordeau:
-The guard spark on his astral heat when blocked is still misaligned.
-The Rusty Nail Effect on Gordeau's 5AAA isn't properly transparent and doesn't fade as it disappears by two ticks.

Robo Weiss:
-The sliding dust on 5AAAA is reversed.
-5C doesn't have a swish effect that goes downward (I just realized when it was changed, it doesn't have one now).
-The swish effects on 5BB, jB and feels very choppy with the alignment.
-The swish effects on 5BB, jB and 2C continue playing after rapid canceling.
-The hitspark shouldn't play when Die Volter successfully connects.

I was too focused on the chip kill astral heat bug on everyone, I didn't get around checking the aesthetics in detail on her. Since k6666orochi's Weiss was the original foundation of this character, I'm beginning to see some that the misalignment is all over the place he made with the swish effects.

Yumi:
-Not sure if it's intentional as I don't own her in the source game, but the fan on 5B does chip damage and can chip kill on the 2nd hit.
-One large sliding dust is missing on the first A of Dancing As One: Yang.
-The sound effect (3902,0) where the viginette effect appears doesn't play on Secret Ninja Art: Ice Pillar Fan.

Lambda-11:
-The sliding dust on her run stop animation is slightly underneath her front foot.
-The sliding dust on Act Parser Zwei needs to be smaller like the run stop and follows her.
-The slash effect on Cultus follows her after rapid canceling.

Adachi:
-Air Vorpal Blade isn't fully empty after 4 consecutive uses.

Blitztank:
-EX Blitz Mine can still gain meter when the projectiles hits the opponent.

Heart:
-EX Special Kick isn't fully empty after 4 consecutive uses.
-The sliding dust on 5B during the startups needs to be slighter larger and the same size as the running throw when it's charged (It's the same size as the running and when she skids).
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, Super Amazing Iron Fist Punch of Love can miss if the opponent is too close to them (I had it happen with Quote).

Hyde:
-The viginette effect on Pale Bringer Arose still isn't relayered correctly.
-5BBB could use a slight bit of envshake.

Piranha Plant:
Something else has been bothering me ever since you rerendered his sprites not just the shockwave alignment of the Spike Ball from Ptooie. I also noticed some that hitsparks and guard sparks also got misaligned.
-All hits from the A and B command normals, 2A and 2C (It's slightly farther away it hits from the tip)
-jB (It's slightly higher on the pot)
-Piranhacopter (It's slightly under where the leaf hits)
-Fire Ball and Ptooie (Noticable when hit near the wall)
-The sliding dust on the run stop is a tad smaller.

Even though his size in-game is the same as before, they are still placed wherever the old sprites positions were due to the original scale was previously 0.3. The reason why I didn't say anything about Meta Knight as the original scale still remained the same after the rerendering, so nothing was changed with him.

Lina:
-The normal versions of Needle Storm no longer gains meter (Only her EX version was not supposed to since it can hit wherever the opponent was standing).
-The hitspark shouldn't play when Deletion successfully connects.

Yang, Carmine and Samus:
-The hitspark shouldn't play when their astral heat successfully connects.

For those astral heats that mostly changes the background on the first hit and causes the character and opponent appearing in fixed positions, I don't think the hitspark should appear as despite not being misaligned, it causes them to be off-placed depending on the fightfx used. That's another thing I'm considered adding to my checklist "with certain exceptions" of course. Now come to think about it, I forgot that all of the characters before Homura when they were updated with NOY never mentioned any of the new mechanics on the readmes. That's probably something you should add for those who read them.

Nah. I think that's something that would be best saved for if and when I'm done making characters.
Plus if there is problems with the template or make new changes to later characters, I would notice it and be tedious to spend time fixing that.

Her Smash Ultimate move set will be largely intact, only exception being is that she won't be able to swap out with Mythra. Not only does the engine generally not play nice with transformations due to the existence of custom states, having all of Mythra's sprites in the same sff would make for an absolutely massive file size, so she would have to be made as a separate character.
That's probably for the best. Your Kirby also wouldn't be able to use both of their copy abilities if she was one single character, so it makes sense in a way.
Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 03:32:31 am by ZolidSone
#835  January 31, 2022, 02:55:33 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
#836  January 31, 2022, 03:28:47 am
    • USA
Fixed.

And I'll be getting around to updating the other characters later.
#837  January 31, 2022, 03:36:00 pm
    • USA
I wonder how she will play without the swap mechanic. I'm assuming Pyra will have original moves like your K.Rool who didn't use spiked cannonballs in the source game.
#838  January 31, 2022, 06:23:05 pm
  • uhee~
I have (another) question:
Who's that character on your YT avatar? Last time it was Faust from GGST, and you changed it.
#839  January 31, 2022, 11:16:18 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)
Her skin looks a little dark blue-ish, but for your first attempt at a 3D human char, Pyra looks real good. Can't wait to try her soon ;)

I have (another) question:
Who's that character on your YT avatar? Last time it was Faust from GGST, and you changed it.

Thats Pyoro from the WarioWare series, and its fun AF
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#840  February 01, 2022, 03:33:40 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, this is a hypothetical question, if you ever do Bayonetta, which version would you do, since Smash Bros has two models available. Would it be the Black outfit, Beehive hairdo from Bayonetta 1 or would it be the blue outfit, short haired, seductive teacher look from Bayonetta 2?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."