YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 745330 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#2021  February 02, 2022, 02:06:35 am
Kind of lame that they are wasting an entire DLC team on the Orochi palette swaps.
Okay, how is a completely different moveset and playstyle not good enough for some people here ? Is an alternate costume on the same character with the same moves where you put the line ? If they have a different uniform, will that be good enough ? Hell, the base versions all have new outfits right now, if the Orochi versions have the original outfits, will that do it for you ? What if they have the same outfit as the base version, but the original outfits are separate DLC, will that work ?
You guys have to let that palette swap nonsense go already.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 02:11:56 am by Byakko
#2022  February 02, 2022, 02:33:05 am
    • USA
Kind of lame that they are wasting an entire DLC team on the Orochi palette swaps.
Okay, how is a completely different moveset and playstyle not good enough for some people here ? Is an alternate costume on the same character with the same moves where you put the line ? If they have a different uniform, will that be good enough ? Hell, the base versions all have new outfits right now, if the Orochi versions have the original outfits, will that do it for you ? What if they have the same outfit as the base version, but the original outfits are separate DLC, will that work ?
You guys have to let that palette swap nonsense go already.

Personally I feel like that it could be used for other characters besides rehashing CYS again, like yaknow, Kim. But also personally, we don't need the orochi versions anymore, as they were only there for 97, 98, 2002, etc, because 97 had them and the games after had them based on 97, but XV is the next line in the story, they got new tech, new supers, you name it (much like Kyo or Geese gaining and replacing moves). They don't need their orochi forms to be cool, how they are, like any character in XV, feels very good to play.
#2023  February 02, 2022, 06:36:54 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Welp, I now have team Bad Guys, so I'm happy.

I think its funny how there are still people doubting the leaks at this point.

But lets get wishlisting for Season 2.

I legit want team USA (maybe swap Brian for Duck King), and I know this will never happen, but a Vice/Mature/Adel team would be so hype. (Although the latter is more likely then team USA)

Yeah, I'm hoping the Orochi CYS Team ends up being free bonus characters like Shizumaru was from Samurai Shodown 7.

Not really sure what I'd think could be in a 2nd Season Pass, though.

I'd imagine they'll probably bring Kim back at some point, given all the requests for him, but I'm not really sure who he'd team with since he's had so many partners over the course of the series.

I think they'll also do Shen/Duo Lon/Oswald as a 2nd Ash Saga team since they already have Ash and Elizabeth.

I also want to see like an "Anti-Geese Team" lead by Mr. Big as he goes to get rid of Geese, which would be also include Krauser and ether Laurence Blood or Hein (since they did a thing where Luong's apparently a secret agent, they could also do a thing where Hein's actually a mole working for Big, which would explain how Team South Town got ambushed in their ending in KOF XIV).

They could also have Raiden and Hwa Jai defecting to Mr. Big's side, but I don't really see that as likely because Raiden and Hwa's story in XIII was trying to salvage their reputations after cutting ties with Geese, so I think they'd have a better chance of teaming with Kim, like in KOF XIII.

Eiji could also work, though he comes off as more a comic relief/neutral rival character to me, so I think he'd probably team up with Kasumi and Malin again like in KOF XI.

Also, I'd probably figure they'd rework and bring back some more of the XIV characters, namely the newcomer characters, because they already have a ton of work done for them, and I figure they probably don't want that going to waste and would want to reuse as much of it as possible. Not really sure which ones, though. I do have an idea of a revised Offical Invitation Team with Nadj being switched in with Mian and Sylvie, but that might depend on SNK getting approval from her original creator since she was originally made in a contest.

Finally, I think if Mature and Vice come back (which they probably will considering they were in XIII, XIV, and the UM games that recently got rollback updates), they'll ether come back with Rugal, Adelheid, a rebalenced Goenitz, Freeman, Grant, or Kain from Garou, or a clone/EX form of Iori based more on his moveset from KOF XIII, since if their bringing back the Orochi CYS Team, I can kind of seeing them do EX forms for other characters, though I think the first 3 are more likely as Mature and Vice's 3rd partner.

Also, maybe like an "Another Garou Team" with Hotaru, Kevin Rian, and Hokotomaru or something, I dunno (Probably not Marco or Kim's sons since I think they'd probably play too similary to Ryo/Robert and Kim if he's in the game).

It seems to be working with the first Garou Team, why not have another down the line? At least, that's what I figure, anyway.
#2024  February 02, 2022, 06:19:38 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
To be fair, even if we got the Orochi Team in their original costumes, they'd still be different characters. They play nothing like the original team.

It'd be interesting if they turn up in the same clothes as False Yashiro/Chris from KOF All Star. Although Shermie's outfit would obviously be... less conservative, haha!
#2025  February 02, 2022, 06:34:22 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Its very likely these two teams were originally meant to be in the base roster, but they decided to change their plans due to everything that happened (it would probably mean another delay and skipping the current release date).

Future DLCs are anyone's guess, regardless of leaks, and considering how people are generally unhappy with the picks mentioned in this supposed leak it is very likely they'll change their plans (that is, considering this supposed leak is even real or accurate to begin with).
#2026  February 02, 2022, 08:14:16 pm
No one is "generally unhappy" with the leak, only the Kim memers and the palette swap whiners.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2027  February 02, 2022, 08:50:58 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
and the Maximum Impact stubborns;
#2028  February 02, 2022, 08:52:46 pm
    • Brazil
Being upset that they're gonna sell clones of existing characters separately, even though they're low effort and cheap and not the same value as completely different characters would be is a very valid concern, because it's a scam.
#2029  February 02, 2022, 09:00:48 pm
Good thing that's not happening then
#2030  February 02, 2022, 09:36:33 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Also, after about 20 years I learn that Jenet is pronounced the same as Jenny.
According to the official King Of Fighters All Stars Live Stream (rip), the canonical way to pronounce her name is "Jinnay".  Don't quote me.

To be fair, even if we got the Orochi Team in their original costumes, they'd still be different characters. They play nothing like the original team.

It'd be interesting if they turn up in the same clothes as False Yashiro/Chris from KOF All Star. Although Shermie's outfit would obviously be... less conservative, haha!
Shyeet gimme Baseball Vanessa with freeze inflicting bat with +frames at the tip.  Bat swing spacing would put Love Heart to shame.

I'd imagine they'll probably bring Kim back at some point, given all the requests for him, but I'm not really sure who he'd team with since he's had so many partners over the course of the series
Unless they are ok with releasing him with his lifeless pants the fanbase bled to begin with, I am not holding my breath.
#2031  February 02, 2022, 09:43:17 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
I like the way SNK handles its DLC that is not used as an extra way to monetize but to expand the game like extra characters and outfits. Speaking of Maximum Impact I'm going to try to ask them to do a balanced remaster of Regulation A. Since SNK owns most of its characters and is not restricted to a single artist or license. (Like Capcom)

In a way, it is a way to monetize the game but it is not predatory.
#2032  February 02, 2022, 10:07:41 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
KOF 13 had DLC versions of existing characters, I don't see how this is any different or worse. To me, they were fine characters- each had their own niche and identity that stood out from their OG versions.
#2033  February 02, 2022, 11:14:17 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
The download size for the PS5 version of the game!

Police cars revolving light THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV (PS5)

Right-pointing triangle Download Size : 68.048 GB* (Without Day One Patch)

* download size in the database can be larger than the console size

Green square Pre-Load : February 15 (DE : Feb 12)
Brown square Launch : February 17 (DE: Feb 15)

#2034  February 03, 2022, 04:43:58 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
KOF 13 had DLC versions of existing characters, I don't see how this is any different or worse. To me, they were fine characters- each had their own niche and identity that stood out from their OG versions.

Well, it isn't really different or worse, but it is kind of jarring to have paid DLC be alternate versions of already existing characters.
Even KOF XIII eventually bundled them in with the Steam/GOG version, for no extra charge.
#2035  February 03, 2022, 05:06:36 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yeah, but they initially didn't, thats the point I am making
#2036  February 03, 2022, 05:18:17 am
    • Brazil
"It has been done before" doesn't mean it was a good thing.

lui

#2037  February 03, 2022, 06:15:15 am
    • USA
Every single game since CYS debut has had Orochi CYS as either bonus or console only characters.

I do not see the problem, I'd rather buy them seperately than buy an entirely new edition of the game just to play as them. Alt. versions of characters being DLC has been a thing to avoid this issue altogether.
#2038  February 03, 2022, 06:43:02 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Dunno about comparing XIII's DLC considering it was a different scenario that having only EX characters was acceptable and understandable.  I have doubts SNK was initially planning a roadmap for at least 3 completely newly made spritework for something that will lose interest to the casual audience in several months.

Anyways, I don't really have an issue in general with EX characters as DLC and you can bet if Orochi Iori/Leona in their current XV models were to be announced, there will be so much rejoice.  Yet, I would rather have Orochi CYS be the first available (or make them preorder bonus, w/e) and then build hype for the next wave.
Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 06:49:18 am by Kirishima
#2039  February 03, 2022, 05:19:51 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Love the DLC selection thus far. The only one I react to, is the Orochi forms. Yes, they play different, yes, it's the Mortal Kombat ninja thing, but ... with SNK having a vast roster of characters to pick as, I would prefer it not to become Mortal Kombat in term of the roster.

I am not saying; "Orochi is stealing x chance in the roster" or anything like that, because it's way too early to dismiss more DLC fighters after these 4 teams. I am just the guy who is kinda like; "Wait ... SHIN Akuma? ... EVIL Ryu? ... DEVIL Jin? ANOTHER F- GOKU!?". My point is, if we were to have some Orochi team I would rather love for it to be some other Hakkesshu characters: "Orochi, Goenitz and Gaidel" for example. It's just personal preference. Still, LOVE the DLC selection otherwise.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#2040  February 03, 2022, 06:04:08 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
"It has been done before" doesn't mean it was a good thing.
Those characters ended up completely distinct from their counterparts. They weren't just "palette swaps." They were their own characters. What is the issue?