YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1286143 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#361  January 10, 2022, 04:12:23 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
wish everyone a speedy recovery, got covid from 5 days ago (Scary Thing is that I may have had it even before that) so now i'm stuck home for 5more days
#362  January 11, 2022, 01:45:17 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Hi guys!  Long time no see!

Sheesh... Where do I begin?

1st wave of COVID made me realize I needed to quit my dead end job and eventually went and worked another dead end job with my then fiancé.  My fiancé and I continuously argued and eventually were a thing but not a thing... kind of thing, if that makes sense to anyone.  During this time, I also met this nurse who for some reason really liked me.  We started dating eventually.

2nd wave of COVID made me realize life was stagnant and I quit the latter mentioned job along with my then fiancé as well (I was fucking miserable).  I began dating nurse months later and we became rather close.  She understood me.  Somehow.  Later, went active duty and completely left all possessions, my home and old life working with the Army in stations such as Mexico, New York and eventually the Invasion in DC 2021.

3rd wave of COVID I eventually was deployed to various COVID sites vaccinating folks by the thousands.  By a miracle of fate or something, I worked with nurse, had kids and am expecting twins.  Everyone except Nurse and I has COVID at the moment due to vaccination so we are currently quarantined.  I eventually began cross trained in cyber security due to stuffs and in process to GTFO of the Army and work computers as a civilian due to family.  There is like tons more but that's the run down. 
I still see some old heads here and there (StormEX, C.A.N) on FB but I rarely come here nowadays.  Good to see some familiar faces however.

TL/DR I gotz kids and new bae.

#363  January 18, 2022, 07:31:56 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Guess who's covidtose? Yeah, me!! I'm living in Madrid and here there's A LOT of covid positive, but luckily, not as deadly as in the 1st wave. I also have my 2 vaccines, so...I'll spend some days at home. I don't like this a lot, because I HATE to be still, so i told my boss if I could telework. He said that not, that it would be better to me to rest and get fine soon. So I'll be reading and spriting, mostly :/.

Oh, and yeah, the symptoms. I had an intense headache, several pain in my eyes(hipertension, while I'm just the opposite), hard cough, shivers, 39º fever...I'm a total waste hahahaha.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#364  January 22, 2022, 06:40:27 pm
It's official, i got COVID and had no smell and taste for 6 days. My folks got some too and now my dad is in the hospital. Now just spending home doing stuff. Whatever you do, be careful and wear a mask while outside.

Good news and a big update. I'm cured from the virus and i got a recovery certificate, meaning i can go to a movie, restaurant, a bar or even things i couldn't go in during the pandemic. I have access for a whole year. As for my dad, he's covid-free, but still in the hospital for some recover. Now i know how it sucks to have a virus like that, some might have the worst, while others are just lucky and have mild-fever.
#365  January 29, 2022, 10:11:58 am
  • all is love in fair and war
new cases started to pick up again in my city, since the symptoms is milder so many more maybe are not even registered as covid, we are in the peak of rainy season and normal for people to catch flu so perhaps the two are confused and as long as it's not deadly people don't really care here.

I also see more and more people stop wearing mask compared to before, maybe they don't care about omicron as much as previous variants, however the government still takes it seriously, I suppose there won't be much activity during lunar new year.

so far I m spared these last 3 years, maybe due to being mostly at home.
#366  February 04, 2022, 04:04:00 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
This whole situation made me very aware fo politicians, goverments and global media. Excesively increased my levels of misanthropy. Changed jobs a couple of times, working hard on improving my overall health, got married along the way.

The recent turn of events of how people are trying to get back the rights the wllingly gave away ou of fear, justifiably, has sparked a little hope for the future.
#367  February 09, 2022, 04:46:31 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Mom of a friend died today from COVID. Same as a friends' GF.

We have a near 90% 1st dose, 70% 2nd dose and 20% 3rd dose coverage, yet this will keep happening.

Now we are discussing buying and using CO2 measure devices to go back to physical classrooms in our university.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA

Mog

#368  March 03, 2022, 10:19:07 pm
I split my time between the Pine Ridge Reservation  and Ohio (USA)  to be near Cleveland Clinic.  Since my job the past few years has focused on wildlife relocation, it hasn't really changed much.  Several people I know have died.
#369  March 08, 2022, 07:04:05 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The president stopped the national alarm about corona virus so We dont have to use mask anymore and live normal life again in my country Dominican Republic. so people are really happy because so many of them hated to use mask all the time.
Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 07:10:52 pm by yaret
#370  March 31, 2022, 02:05:52 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
That's a bad move, when you check the science. We should be wearing masks for a whole other year, at least, when being inside rooms in public spaces.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#371  March 31, 2022, 03:42:13 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
That's a bad move, when you check the science. We should be wearing masks for a whole other year, at least, when being inside rooms in public spaces.

yes, you are right, I still wearing my mask on public transportations
#372  March 31, 2022, 05:38:22 pm
Same here, the official stance relaxed on masks but then days later there was news of a new wave, my company immediately came back to telling us to wear masks but I think the government hasn't had time to revert the relaxation yet.
I don't know how it's going in terms of hospitals and cases, but I keep hearing about people getting it. My brother's ex-wife a few weeks ago, then my brother, then their daughter, and a bunch of people at work these last couple of weeks - but it's always a mild case of headache for a couple days now.

I've had doubts back in January but I still haven't gotten it myself.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#373  April 02, 2022, 12:31:23 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
has become an epidemic here all regulations about pcr test for travelling has been cancelled, cinema, mall, traditional market are open, live events are held in venue with spectators wearing mask still, its current variant is regarded as mild illness, half my family contracted it last month even a baby, and it was over within a week, as long as we are fully vaccinated and have basic protection for it.  I still stay away from cinema and still wearing mask outside and buy takeaway food to eat at home. So far I'm still spared from any of its variants, some people got 2 different variants and proud of it, crazy.
#374  April 04, 2022, 07:07:23 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I think the mask mandate has been lifted for Wisconsin, but gladly there are (sadly very few) people still masking up. I just wish the "6 feet apart" would have been truly adapted by others, because I always hated the breathing-down-your-neck types while at the register even before the mandate.

Back off Karen! Jeez, you could stick out your tongue and lick the back of my neck if you tried DX
#375  June 27, 2022, 08:29:01 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Last week my house mate gave positive, I was in charge of cleaning, food, etc of house, we are very good friends so I don't mind. This week I had holidays and expected to go to my city, after one year without seeing my family. I prefered not to go in case I was catching it, for not passing it on my father mostly(he's 66 and not vaccinated because he trusts the vaccines but not how quick this one was done. No matter how many times we explained him that 70% of DNA code was shared with other previous viruses we have defenses for).

So, there's plenty of stuff to do in Madrid, so i could do a lot of things in my holidays. GUESS WHO GAVE POSITIVE TODAY? Yesss...
I swear there was something cool here!!

OZ

#376  June 30, 2022, 06:19:45 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
had it a month or two ago; wasn't good, had to cancel plans i'd been looking forward to for ages.
fast forward to this weekend, finally going to get together with the friends i had to cancel with when i was sick
they just tested positive, plans cancelled
not sure why anyone bothers doing anything
ಠ_ಠ