YesNoOk

Big Bang Beat x Street Fighter (Read 285944 times)

Started by Ryu From Streets™, May 06, 2020, 10:48:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Big Bang Beat x Street Fighter
#101  November 12, 2021, 12:45:18 pm
I dunno if I like that they get a free mixup and punish like you're showing at 1:00. You're essentially punishing a player for getting a hit confirm and investing in their "B-BANG." In the case of that Kouma clip, it looked like it was an actual guaranteed punish. Usually V-Shift and Combo Break mechanics are meant to reset back to neutral- or even put the player breaking the combo at a disadvantage. It becomes a real issue in games when these sorts of defensive mechanics result in giving a player an advantage for getting hit cause they have the meter. It was a recent issue in MK11.

Ryu is pretty darn good with feedback, Im sure as more people get their hands on the game Ryu will balance it out.

Ryu, good to see you back man, the game is looking fun.

I hope you and your family are doing good in these tough times.
#102  November 23, 2021, 11:49:58 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
How about some gameplay??

#103  November 24, 2021, 01:29:12 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I dunno if I like that they get a free mixup and punish like you're showing at 1:00. You're essentially punishing a player for getting a hit confirm and investing in their "B-BANG." In the case of that Kouma clip, it looked like it was an actual guaranteed punish. Usually V-Shift and Combo Break mechanics are meant to reset back to neutral- or even put the player breaking the combo at a disadvantage. It becomes a real issue in games when these sorts of defensive mechanics result in giving a player an advantage for getting hit cause they have the meter. It was a recent issue in MK11.

I'll think about it. To me it was a great idea because BBB is like a very broken game with 9 freaking bars where you could pretty much get punished with 9 supers in a row, and you just sit there, watching---

Combos can be pretty freaking long with the B-Dash/Etc
I get the concern. A hard reset to neutral still breaks the combo but it at least does not actively punish the player doing the initial combo, just stops their momentum completely.

I'll probably be more open to this mechanic if there were counterplay or a downside to it. For example, if there was a way to use meter to cancel recovery frames on whiffed moves so the player getting broken can spend the meter to avoid a full punish. Or if youre set on allowing the breaker to recover first and punish, perhaps you could harshly scale the combo.

FUN FACT: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had a mechanic called "Baroque Cancel" where you could sacrifice health to cancel attack animations in a similar fashion to my example.
Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:43:21 am by Umezono
#104  November 25, 2021, 06:50:25 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#105  December 21, 2021, 10:51:22 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
He's here!

#106  December 22, 2021, 10:20:16 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Glad to see this project updated again!
Promising! Can't wait for the next beta! and also your CVS cross over!
#107  January 09, 2022, 06:25:42 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Hiii!

#108  January 09, 2022, 08:11:43 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#109  January 15, 2022, 09:24:34 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Welp, I've done the impossible.

#110  January 15, 2022, 09:31:47 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
“Devil Daigo is impossible.”

Six days later…

“K nvm”

Fantastic. <3
#111  January 15, 2022, 10:35:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaYbs0wiho[/youtube]

Wait! You mean you already fixed the wings!
So, even you sprite editings skills are faster than mine! Hype, Daigo can have this form too!
#112  January 15, 2022, 07:28:58 pm
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr

Six days later…

“K nvm”

Fantastic. <3

A friend of mine added the wings in a week!

So, even you sprite editings skills are faster than mine! Hype, Daigo can have this form too!

He did that with Gimp and something called Spriter Pro, he removed all the wings from Devil Daigo's sprites and added them to the 75 normal Daigo sprites missing, while all I had to do is to make Devil Daigo's face on FF3, it was a crazy week!
#113  January 15, 2022, 10:18:59 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking super with each update, look forward to seeing the next updates.
#114  January 15, 2022, 10:29:17 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Six days later…

“K nvm”

Fantastic. <3

He did that with Gimp and something called Spriter Pro, he removed all the wings from Devil Daigo's sprites and added them to the 75 normal Daigo sprites missing, while all I had to do is to make Devil Daigo's face on FF3, it was a crazy week!

Oh yes, I have a friend who handle it very well as well, I means "spriter pro"
Glad to see the project is going in the right direction. and yes, editing a full spriteset even a small detail is a massive work. And a long one...
#115  January 16, 2022, 01:14:15 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Looking super with each update, look forward to seeing the next updates.

Thank you, the roster finally is completed. Devil Daigo was the very last character. The only thing I need right now, are 12 palettes for each Street Fighter characters and stages.
After that is completed all am I gonna need to do is to add AI for everybody and then..I can finally release the game? Probably will try to learn how to make special intros for some of them.

Six days later…

“K nvm”

Fantastic. <3

Oh yes, I have a friend who handle it very well as well, I means "spriter pro"
Glad to see the project is going in the right direction. and yes, editing a full spriteset even a small detail is a massive work. And a long one...

He really is incredible! Thank you!

ExL

#116  January 18, 2022, 08:54:35 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#117  February 12, 2022, 07:34:42 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Gameplay of the final version of the game
Big huge trailer before release!

#118  February 12, 2022, 12:23:27 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#119  February 14, 2022, 04:08:19 am
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Annnd another one!

#120  February 14, 2022, 04:18:54 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
These vids are dope, but I caught Agito walking on air at 3:25 lmao