YesNoOk

Ash Crimson Released 08/03/2022 (Read 5471 times)

Started by Koop, March 08, 2022, 06:51:38 pm
Share this topic:
Ash Crimson Released 08/03/2022
#1  March 08, 2022, 06:51:38 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Re: Ash Crimson Released 08/03/2022
#2  March 08, 2022, 07:01:49 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
good shit
#3  March 08, 2022, 07:16:13 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Oui, he's the one who could take apart from some rivals, but nice.
#4  March 08, 2022, 07:38:42 pm
Bros...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  March 08, 2022, 08:07:23 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Thermidor seems to have the wrong SFX when using XI hitsounds.
#6  March 08, 2022, 10:09:19 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
When I see names like yours I don't feel so old. Found some things:

- State 3100 has brief periods where Pos Y != 0 but Statype = S
- Thermidor does no chip damage
- Thermidor beats every projectile you throw at it, and two Thermidors miss each other
- Projectiles don't juggle after a CD counter
- Comboed command normals can't be cancelled into supers (or command throw). At least Messidor looks like it should
- Sans-Culottes has the same power requirements as Fructidor?
- Palette 3 (C button) feels a bit flat compared to the rest
- Palette config seems redundant with Palette Keymap

- This is a good opportunity to point out an issue I found with Vans's buffer system to someone who may care: during hitpause, if you input the button before the motion, the move still comes out. You can see what I mean if you do Y, Y, HCF when close.

- Again with the buffer except I discovered it just now: as a training dummy, the character oddly can't be set to "button jam". This is minor and probably well known, but mentioning it anyway
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#7  March 08, 2022, 10:14:54 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Its always a good day when you release a character!
Gonna go back to dreaming about Koop's Jyazu haha
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#8  March 09, 2022, 12:31:38 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#9  March 09, 2022, 11:21:16 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Thermidor seems to have the wrong SFX when using XI hitsounds.

Fixed, thanks. All the fixes should be updated in a few days.

When I see names like yours I don't feel so old. Found some things:

Where did you come from!? Ahem.

- State 3100 has brief periods where Pos Y != 0 but Statype = S Some weird thing in XI where he sinks whilst doing that move. I'll add some fixes to make sure he doesn't end up underground if he's hit.
- Thermidor does no chip damage Fixed
- Thermidor beats every projectile you throw at it, and two Thermidors miss each other Fixed
- Projectiles don't juggle after a CD counter They do but he throws projectiles too slowly for it to work. It works if you chase a projectile after throwing it though
- Comboed command normals can't be cancelled into supers (or command throw). At least Messidor looks like it should Ash can only cancel his cancelled command normals into specials when Sans Culottes is active
- Sans-Culottes has the same power requirements as Fructidor? Yup. I was planning some XI conversions so I may change the meter requirements for moves. Will sleep on that.
- Palette 3 (C button) feels a bit flat compared to the rest These are his default colours in XI  :P
- Palette config seems redundant with Palette Keymap Guess I'll retire that then

- This is a good opportunity to point out an issue I found with Vans's buffer system to someone who may care: during hitpause, if you input the button before the motion, the move still comes out. You can see what I mean if you do Y, Y, HCF when close. looking into that. Vans is looking at solutions.

- Again with the buffer except I discovered it just now: as a training dummy, the character oddly can't be set to "button jam". This is minor and probably well known, but mentioning it anyway since he doesn't use mugen commands, the button jam doesn't work for him. I might add something for compatibility

Ash seems pretty good, Koopa. Though I do find it kind of odd that he doesn't have Max Mode, especially since your other characters had it.
Also, is HCF+A supposed to do just the overhead attack without the command grab?

Thanks. Yes, Ash can only do his command grab with HP.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I should have everything mentioned fixed when the update drops.
#10  March 09, 2022, 06:43:33 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
They do but he throws projectiles too slowly for it to work. It works if you chase a projectile after throwing it though
They really don't though. I had a similar screenshot with the super, but by the time it comes out the counter text is already gone so it was worthless, hehe.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.