YesNoOk

DeathScythe WIPs (Read 131304 times)

Started by Yuko, July 05, 2018, 09:06:25 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which command you prefer for Messatsu Gou Rasen (Akuma's Super Tatsu)?

QCF QCF Kick
QCB QCB Kick
Re: DeathScythe WIPs
#81  February 23, 2022, 07:17:05 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
So... it's been a while huh?

Some of you already know from the MFG discord server that I've been working on Sakura for some time, I think it's time to show some stuff. She already has pretty much everything from her CvS2 incarnation done, including specials and super moves, I'll be adding extra stuff. Don't ask what the moveset will be because even I don't know for now. What I can tell is yes, Dark Sakura will be included, yes, I plan to add stuff from SFIV and V, and yes, I'm open to suggestions.

Please note that effects, portraits, etc, may be only placeholders.
Also I'm using this Color Separation, I'll probably post a template later for the palette makers enthusiasts xD

Other than that, I'm also planning on updating my characters. For all of them, I'll rework their frame data and AI, as well as specific things I'll be adding for each one.

That's it for now, I'll be posting my progress as I work. :hyo:
#82  February 23, 2022, 10:07:40 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Heh. You go, pal! And here, catch some unoriginal, but essential palettes (hope you don't have these, but I bet you do...)
-SFA3 A-Ism 1 & 2.

-SFA3 X-Ism 1 & 2.

-SFA3 V-Ism 1 & 2.

-SFA2 Arcade Alt. (Console LK).

Too lazy to do other SFA2 Console palettes R, so maybe some other time.
#83  February 23, 2022, 11:52:17 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Some of you already know from the MFG discord server that I've been working on Sakura for some time, I think it's time to show some stuff. She already has pretty much everything from her CvS2 incarnation done, including specials and super moves, I'll be adding extra stuff. Don't ask what the moveset will be because even I don't know for now. What I can tell is yes, Dark Sakura will be included, yes, I plan to add stuff from SFIV and V, and yes, I'm open to suggestions.

Also I'm using this Color Separation, I'll probably post a template later for the palette makers enthusiasts xD

Other than that, I'm also planning on updating my characters. For all of them, I'll rework their frame data and AI, as well as specific things I'll be adding for each one.

HYYYPE !!
OK, I know which version of Sakura I'll choose for the SFF upgrade I have in mind ;)

I would love if she take some normal moves from SF4 + SF5. and specials, throws etc...
But with keeping the base from SFA3+CVS2...
More like adding extra moves rather than replacing the old ones.

I will not ask you about the move list, but I annot resist :D
#84  February 26, 2022, 02:25:54 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

YES!!!!
#85  March 16, 2022, 10:13:09 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
So, I finally took the time to make this.

(Thank you Foobs and Karma for the tips, clearly not borrowed inspired by Foobs' template)

Heh. You go, pal! And here, catch some unoriginal, but essential palettes (hope you don't have these, but I bet you do...)

Thanks for the pals, I had the default one that I made myself but yours looks better, so I'm replacing it lol
Re: DeathScythe WIPs: Sakura
#86  March 19, 2022, 03:34:47 am
it would be fabulous if the guys make a chun-li from SFIII in POTS STYLE too, this template style is awesome.
#87  March 19, 2022, 06:55:24 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Whew. Finally took all the will I had in my hands and made some more of palettes. Also, I'll put my old ones here too, because they got Hadoken colors fro your default, this is update enough. xD
-SFA3 - A-Ism 2.

-SFA3 - X-Ism 1.

-SFA3 - X-Ism 2.

-SFA3 - V-Ism 1.

-SFA3 - V-Ism 2.

-SFA2 - LK Palette.

-SFA2 - MK Palette.

-SFA2 - HK Palette.

-SFA2 - MP Palette.

-SFA2 - HP Palette.

-SFA2 - Start+LK Palette.

-SFA2 - Start+MK Palette.

-SFA2 - Start+HK Palette.

-SFA2 - Start+LP Palette.

-SFA2 - Start+MP Palette.

-SFA2 - Start+HP Palette.

Just in case, her LP palette in SFA2 is default one, her skirt blue tones are slightly brighter is the only difference, so we'll ignore that.
#88  March 19, 2022, 10:39:17 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Wow,.... these classic palettes...
So gorgeous... I liked them particulalry "SFA2 HP" ... It was one of my fav as a teenager :D

I was less into SFA3 pals, but always loved "SFA3 - V-Ism 2" color even if I was not a V-ISM player.

More and more, I feel like this will be the best Sakura...

some chances you update R.Mika with a more "complete" Sardine Beach Special?
And perhaps some of her SFV animations that have been released and never used by anyone?
Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:47:22 am by Momotaro
#89  March 19, 2022, 11:44:22 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Thanks again Trololo for the palettes!

HYYYPE !!
OK, I know which version of Sakura I'll choose for the SFF upgrade I have in mind ;)

I would love if she take some normal moves from SF4 + SF5. and specials, throws etc...
But with keeping the base from SFA3+CVS2...
More like adding extra moves rather than replacing the old ones.

I will not ask you about the move list, but I annot resist :D

I forgot to respond to this for some reason, but anyway
Her normals from 4 and 5 are almost the same as in SFA and CvS. The additional special moves are in. I can drop a movelist later. ;)

some chances you update R.Mika with a more "complete" Sardine Beach Special?
And perhaps some of her SFV animations that have been released and never used by anyone?

Ah, since Mika was my first character and I wasn't as experienced at the time, she needs a lot of rework. A more complete version of Sardine's Beach is on the plans. For te additional moves, I need to check what is available for me to use (more specifically sprites), it's hard for me to dissect moves from SFV cause I don't have the game. I do it through youtube videos. I remember wanting to include her super with Nadeshiko but lacking the sprites. :P
#90  March 19, 2022, 12:27:52 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#91  April 09, 2022, 06:38:10 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Why not talking to MasterKof for helping you with this? He already ripped stuff from SFV.

AFAIK, he only works with comissions and I don't plan on spending money on that. It's also no big deal for me, not something I'd die for, if I can do it, nice, if I can't, it's fine too.
Also Mika is not priority now, I'm focusing on Sakura.

As for the progress on Sakura, it's going good. I work slowly and sometimes I'm lazy but don't worry lol. I like to pay attention to every detail.
Yesterday I noticed the sff I was using was missing sprites, and the ones in there were misaligned. I realigned them using the sprites with axis by Insanius as reference (which took way too long, more than I expected), now I need to insert the missing sprites and CS them.

The code for both Normal and Dark mode is almost done. She is missing one super on each mode, AI, and the finishing touches like intros, win quotes and so on. I'll drop the current move list for both modes later if you guys are interested.
#92  April 09, 2022, 09:11:31 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Why not talking to MasterKof for helping you with this? He already ripped stuff from SFV.

AFAIK, he only works with comissions and I don't plan on spending money on that. It's also no big deal for me, not something I'd die for, if I can do it, nice, if I can't, it's fine too.
Also Mika is not priority now, I'm focusing on Sakura.

As for the progress on Sakura, it's going good. I work slowly and sometimes I'm lazy but don't worry lol. I like to pay attention to every detail.
Yesterday I noticed the sff I was using was missing sprites, and the ones in there were misaligned. I realigned them using the sprites with axis by Insanius as reference (which took way too long, more than I expected), now I need to insert the missing sprites and CS them.

The code for both Normal and Dark mode is almost done. She is missing one super on each mode, AI, and the finishing touches like intros, win quotes and so on. I'll drop the current move list for both modes later if you guys are interested.

Yes! Please!
I'm very hyped by this particular version of Sakura.
Drop the movelist whenever you're ready!!

Good luck with sprite adjustment.
I know how this kind of situation can slow down a project.
(I encountered it with Shimo-since some missing sprites were not in the SFF I used as a base)

About R Mika. I'm not so eager to see Nadeshiko's moves or something.
But I wish you can give her some normals and specials from SFV since many many great quality customs have been done for her.
https://www.deviantart.com/potemkill/gallery/69923724/rainbow-mika-sfv-animations-possible-mugen
(beside the fact she have slightly different chest-clothes design)
#93  April 09, 2022, 11:13:25 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Here is the move list:

Spoiler: Normal Sakura (click to see content)

Spoiler: Dark Sakura (click to see content)

One thing I should mention, even if both modes have mostly the same moves, they have different properties, so no worries.
#94  April 09, 2022, 11:35:14 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Here is the move list:

Spoiler: Normal Sakura (click to see content)

Spoiler: Dark Sakura (click to see content)

One thing I should mention, even if both modes have mostly the same moves, they have different properties, so no worries.

Accurate and playful.
#95  April 09, 2022, 12:33:25 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
So, Dark Sakura doesn't get the EX Moves, eh?
Also, for Haru Ranman: you have a 3k command input for Midare Zakura anyway. So, why not use a proper "QCBx2 + 3K" for Haru Ranman?
...now that I think of it, what would be the difference for Dark Sakura's LVL3 Midare Zakura compared to its normal versions? For us, P-Styled junkies, it's at this point is P-Style's trait to rectrate moves' LVL3 versions as MAX versions of them in our chars. What's your idea there to outdo the MAX version, which is already, supposedly, based on LVL3 version of it in the games?
Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 12:39:59 pm by Trololo
#96  April 09, 2022, 12:50:27 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
No EX moves for Dark Sakura, I think it became a thing that alternate modes don't have EX moves, also because she deals more damage without them anyways.

Ah, yeah, Haru Ranman is supposed to be 2qcb3k, I just forgot to put it there. :sweatdrop:

As for Midare Zakura, well, Capcom made two different moves with the same name for some reason:
- Normal Sakura gets the Midare Zakura that is in CvS2, nothing changes
- Dark Sakura gets it too, but the lv3 version is that one where she does a combo, like in MSHvSF and MvC2.

At first I was going to make it as a normal super with max variant, but, the combo is too long and too cool to tone down, instead, I made it a lv3.
Some people suggested making it a lv2 instead, but I liked it more as a lv3. They also suggested the beam hadoken from the versus series as a lv3, but I'm not much a fan of them, not in a CvS/PotS based character at least.
So instead of removing the normal and max version from Dark Sakura, I just left it as it is. I don't know, felt too empty without them. I'm open to suggestion on this one though. :P
#97  April 09, 2022, 01:06:25 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I see. Well, that really IS an optimal option here. Keep it like that.
And yeah, I kinda forgot about MvC version.... xD
#98  April 09, 2022, 01:43:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Very promising.

Glad nothing important is missing here.

About Hadosho, I suggest you use far MP as a base for the pose to edit. instead of her hadoken pose.

What will be her throw cancel from Sakura Otoshi ? Any chance it's her sommersault like move from SFV ?
#99  April 09, 2022, 03:00:31 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Why not adding Sakura no Ame from her SFV super art?
It would be neat.
This is fate.
#100  April 09, 2022, 04:07:17 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Why not adding Sakura no Ame from her SFV super art?
It would be neat.

I thought about it too.
But the truth (to me) is that many SFV critical arts are not that interesting when you remove all the flashy camera effects.

But, yes, why not.