YesNoOk

Returning to Mugen, what exactly is Ikeman now? (Read 9475 times)

Started by Azul Crescent, March 21, 2022, 03:43:28 pm
Share this topic:
Returning to Mugen, what exactly is Ikeman now?
#1  March 21, 2022, 03:43:28 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
So, I'm returning to the Mugen scene as I've been away for about 1 - 2 years maybe, and when I left Ikeman wasn't really a big thing, just was sorta there as a Netplay client for Mugen, and I remember you needed a lot of setup to get it work properly.

I'm now seeing a lot more about Ikeman being thrown around on various sites, has Ikeman progressed further in this time? Is it ONLY used for Online Play or can it be used offline as well, or is Mugen itself still better for just general usage (not online)?

Sorry for the probably odd/dumb question, but I just wanted to make sure as most of the guides I found are 5 - 6 years old and wasn't sure if they were still relevant.
Re: Returning to Mugen, what exactly is Ikeman now?
#2  March 21, 2022, 05:38:51 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Ikemen can be played offline too. In resume, is basically mugen with many new features and fixes, and the cool thing is the developers are very active and updating it constantly. So many new features that instead of explaining it myself, it's better if you take a look here:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki

The page is probably not 100% updated though, but there is also their discord server which I think is the best place to know more about it.
The devs or anyone with more experience than me can explain better.
Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 05:42:15 pm by DeathScythe
#3  March 22, 2022, 12:39:49 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
I dare say I've used IKEMEN Go as a full MUGEN replacement for the last two years and have never looked back. It's honestly so much better...

Interactive stages, online, new screenpack features, new character features (SCTRLs and Triggers), proper tag team mode, RedirectID and multiple trigger redirection, story mode and dialogues, rankings, and a billion more things.

Most of my creations are IKEMEN Go only because I focused on interactive stages, check my sig for a vid where I show some stuff.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#4  March 22, 2022, 12:53:15 am
    • Japan
Ikemen can be played offline too. In resume, is basically mugen with many new features and fixes, and the cool thing is the developers are very active and updating it constantly. So many new features that instead of explaining it myself, it's better if you take a look here:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki

The page is probably not 100% updated though, but there is also their discord server which I think is the best place to know more about it.
The devs or anyone with more experience than me can explain better.

Ahhh I see. Do current Screenpacks/Stages/Characters work fine on Ikeman or do they need some kind of conversion? I see some Screenpacks coming out exclusively made for Ikeman. Thanks for the info and advice! I'll make sure to join the discord and learn more :)

I dare say I've used IKEMEN Go as a full MUGEN replacement for the last two years and have never looked back. It's honestly so much better...

Interactive stages, online, new screenpack features, new character features (SCTRLs and Triggers), proper tag team mode, RedirectID and multiple trigger redirection, story mode and dialogues, rankings, and a billion more things.

Most of my creations are IKEMEN Go only because I focused on interactive stages, check my sig for a vid where I show some stuff.

I mostly use HD/Hi-Res stages, and I don't see much of those with interactive features, (mostly low-res stages), i'm guessing stages have to be built with interactive environments as a feature. I remember seeing quite a few of those come out back in the day for Add004, as that also featured interactive stages I believe. Though I could never get Add004 to work properly, as It would constantly break a few characters when patching them so I just gave up on it.

Thanks for the quick list of new features that Ikeman Go provides! I'll definitely be taking a look at it :)
#5  March 22, 2022, 01:00:57 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Ahhh I see. Do current Screenpacks/Stages/Characters work fine on Ikeman or do they need some kind of conversion? I see some Screenpacks coming out exclusively made for Ikeman. Thanks for the info and advice! I'll make sure to join the discord and learn more :)

Yes, 99% of the usual content made for MUGEN will work with Ikemen. For screenpacks, they just won't have the new features (since they were made for MUGEN), like the tag modes or the sub-menus. For those you'd have to edit them.
The only reason I didn't fully migrate to Ikemen yet is because my toaster can't run Ikemen smoothly. :P
#6  March 22, 2022, 01:16:52 am
    • Japan
Yes, 99% of the usual content made for MUGEN will work with Ikemen. For screenpacks, they just won't have the new features (since they were made for MUGEN), like the tag modes or the sub-menus. For those you'd have to edit them.
The only reason I didn't fully migrate to Ikemen yet is because my toaster can't run Ikemen smoothly. :P

Awesome, thank you so much for all that info and answering my questions. I'll definitely give Ikeman Go a try :)
#7  March 22, 2022, 08:02:24 am
  • Why,

Awesome, thank you so much for all that info and answering my questions. I'll definitely give Ikeman Go a try :)
Mid off, but much better memorise... i think... And you can put Ikemen at FF´s "Mugen" ...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help