YesNoOk

Is it possible to create a Vampire Savior style mode with LUA modules in IKEMEN? (Read 14122 times)

Started by BeastwithFriends, March 24, 2022, 05:14:11 pm
Share this topic:
Is it possible to create a Vampire Savior style mode with LUA modules in IKEMEN?
#1  March 24, 2022, 05:14:11 pm
I have been loving watching new modules and game modes come out for IKEMEN lately. And I’m interested in coding, though I don’t have any experience.

I was curious recently about Vampire Savior. I’ve been playing it more, and it’s a really fun game. If you haven’t played it, it’s a unique game where you have two life bars and fight only one round. Also, the life bars regenerate like Capcom’s tag games, even though it’s a single fighter game.

Rei’s Darkstalker characters have code in them so that when they are selected something triggers and converts MUGEN into Vampire Savior-style matches, complete with integrated life and power bars. Since moving to IKEMEN, I noticed these characters’ life bars don’t display properly and it kind of makes it hard to enjoy matches with them.

That being said, I thought about how fun Vampire Savior is. And I got to thinking if there was a way for me to code this into an IKEMEN mode that would affect all the characters in my build.

That being said, I’m just curious, and I’m not requesting anything. I think I posted here before, and some users got mad at me for requesting things, so I just wanted to make that clear ahead of time. Thanks again for the info!
Re: Is it possible to create a Vampire Savior style mode with LUA modules in IKEMEN?
#2  March 25, 2022, 04:23:59 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Most likely something like that would have to be programmed manually into each character.  In the future, they may release a build the supports that feature.  Just like in my game, I had to program it myself.

Re: Is it possible to create a Vampire Savior style mode with LUA modules in IKEMEN?
#3  March 25, 2022, 12:44:29 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Killer Instinct does this as well.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#4  March 25, 2022, 03:00:39 pm
Thanks for answering my question!

The Jaquio that game looks sick!

Lasombra Demon, you're right! I forgot about that. For Vampire Savior there's a little more strategy. Having energy regenerate really makes players rush down and attack more. Or at least, that's what I noticed when I played the game recently. It's really kind of beautiful.

I might try to commission some patches to fix Rei's character's in the meantime. Thanks again for your feedback!
#5  March 28, 2022, 06:43:40 pm
    • Argentina
I have an idea on how could this be done. Basically, all matches should be one round only (this is done via a lua arcadepath, using launchFight table function), then, inside a commonStates file, try to avoid triggering lifebar KO by using AssertSpecial noKO, then, while noKO is asserted (you can check this by using isAsserted("noKO") trigger), try to do a KO simulation and round 2-3 start like Vampire Savior does. End the match by not asserting noKO.

Try searching in Ikemen GO wiki for more info about all of this.
Glue that faded photo on a worn-out journal page, it reads: "September come, please take this heart away."
#6  March 28, 2022, 11:41:24 pm
I have an idea on how could this be done. Basically, all matches should be one round only (this is done via a lua arcadepath, using launchFight table function), then, inside a commonStates file, try to avoid triggering lifebar KO by using AssertSpecial noKO, then, while noKO is asserted (you can check this by using isAsserted("noKO") trigger), try to do a KO simulation and round 2-3 start like Vampire Savior does. End the match by not asserting noKO.

Thanks for the reply! Would this also regenerate life during the round too? Like Vampire Savior? That's another important part of this :)
#7  March 28, 2022, 11:49:40 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages

Thanks for the reply! Would this also regenerate life during the round too? Like Vampire Savior? That's another important part of this :)
It wouldn't, but that's honestly easier to add. The stuff is already there with red life and tag.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#8  March 29, 2022, 03:10:40 am

It wouldn't, but that's honestly easier to add. The stuff is already there with red life and tag.

I was hoping that was the case. I was playing tag mode the other day, thinking about Vampire Savior, and I could just picture this mode existing in IKEMEN. If I get some time, I'll try to play around with it. But like I said, I'm not much of a coder. If someone wants to start a Patreon to make this mode, I'll chip in to see it happen though. That's probably a more realistic way for me to contribute, given my limit coding skills.
#9  March 31, 2022, 12:54:21 am
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Like Laziness stated, the best way would be to set the game to only one round and then use the noko assertspecial.  I used a variable to keep track of how many times the character has died.  Var(53) is active after the first knockdown.  When Var(53) is active, the  noko assertspecial is no longer in use.  In simulation mode, it is only set to one round.  The character's energy still regenerates. However after they die the first time the tag character enters like tradition VS games.  What you are trying to do is very possible. The biggest obstacle to overcome is using characters made by different people.  They may not use the same variables, which could cause conflict. 

Here's how I used it in simulation mode:
#10  March 31, 2022, 06:36:20 pm
How you're explaining it makes sense to an extent. That being said, the most complicated thing I've done in MUGEN is just changing offense and defense values in a .CNS. That's how far back I am.

I'll reach out to you in DM if that's okay? For me to do this, I'll probably have to start with the basics. Is there a tutorial on just variable states? Honestly, I probably have to start of the most basic stuff to begin to grasp how to do this. Anyways, thanks for your help. And your game test looks awesome!
#11  March 31, 2022, 11:30:22 pm
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
That's cool, you can just DM me