YesNoOk

Quick questions about I.K.E.M.E.N Go (Read 8279 times)

Started by Mintloid, March 28, 2022, 08:18:33 pm
Share this topic:
Quick questions about I.K.E.M.E.N Go
#1  March 28, 2022, 08:18:33 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
To my own surprise, I officially decided to move on and try ikemen go myself, and I was incredibly amazed on how much stuff I was missing out on (boss rush, bonus games, trials, time attack?! What's not to love?  :mlol:)!

Although I haves some concerns about ikemen go that I like to know.

1. Why does audio (music and sfx) get delayed, I heard that's not an issue with hardware, but with the engine itself.

2. How do you add characters to boss rush mode, it seem to only work with bonus games and others on my end (I'm using a ported screen pack, so that could be the issue?)

3. (This already may been asked) When will there be a(n) Stagefit and Systemfit addition Incase most users stick to one vid resolution mostly?
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Re: Quick questions about I.K.E.M.E.N Go
#2  March 28, 2022, 09:26:17 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
1. Not getting that error here.
2. You have to define them as bosses, check instructions in your select.def
3. Not yet but devs do have that in mind as a future improvement.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#3  March 28, 2022, 11:37:50 pm
2. How do you add characters to boss rush mode, it seem to only work with bonus games and others on my end (I'm using a ported screen pack, so that could be the issue?)

The parameter for bosses is boss=1. Every character you want to show up in boss mode needs that next to them in your select.def. For instance, it could look something like this:

Geese_Howard, stages/geesetower.def, order=8, boss=1

Boss Rush won't show up until you have that parameter set for at least one character. From there, IKEMEN will randomize what bosses show up.
#4  March 29, 2022, 04:55:53 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org

The parameter for bosses is boss=1. Every character you want to show up in boss mode needs that next to them in your select.def. For instance, it could look something like this:

Boss Rush won't show up until you have that parameter set for at least one character. From there, IKEMEN will randomize what bosses show up.

Especially, that's why it changes to v0.98.2. So I'm waiting for bringing Boss Rush mode back in future or so.
#5  March 29, 2022, 06:47:47 pm
  • Why,

Especially, that's why it changes to v0.98.2. So I'm waiting for bringing Boss Rush mode back in future or so.
Pardon? Isn´t it are in v0.98.1 ?
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#6  March 29, 2022, 07:02:51 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org

Yes. In v0.98.1, we can play Boss Rush mode in this version, but in v0.98.2, we can't, so we're waiting now.
#7  March 30, 2022, 03:14:10 am
All previous modes are available as easy-to-install Modules.
#8  March 30, 2022, 07:04:28 am
  • Why,

Yes. In v0.98.1, we can play Boss Rush mode in this version, but in v0.98.2, we can't, so we're waiting now.
Why only 1414 stages?? Is that will be fix??
#9  March 30, 2022, 12:50:33 pm
#10  March 30, 2022, 03:32:01 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#11  March 30, 2022, 03:42:46 pm
  • Why,
#12  March 31, 2022, 12:02:35 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
1. Not getting that error here.
I am though, first I tried changing the mp3s to oggs, but it only sped them up 2 times. I'm not sure what's causing it? Can't be a audio driver issue, right? I'm using Realtek High Definition Audio

2. You have to define them as bosses, check instructions in your select.def
All previous modes are available as easy-to-install Modules.
you mean from older versions of ikemen go? I didn't know that :mmg:
Thanks for the info.

I was using the latest version (0.98.2), forgot to note on that :P
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca