YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 933102 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#981  April 01, 2022, 04:28:29 am
  • Forever loving but always working.
Here is my story and view on all this:

There is a small chance to get the memories from combining so in between collabs, I save up memories, and only combine them during the event. I had like 130 Purple Gold memories that I combined hoping to get lucky with an Akuma Memory. Out of those 130, I got 1 Nameless and 1 Lady Kim. The rest were regular Fest Memories. I had fewer Red, Yellow, and Blue memories but none of them gave anything worthwhile. 

The other thing I did was spend about 25K AP and a lot of auto-clear tickets on the card dungeon hoping to get a Collab FES card. How many did I get? You guessed it, 0! I was lucky on a previous banner and thought it could be a regular thing. But Nope...I found out first hand it's definitely EXtremely rare to get memories or cards that way.

I did get the EX Ryu but I have to look into how the hell he works and if I need to roll the gacha for more copies or not.

Unfortunately, you have to. Unless Netmarble comes out with a new blank "EX" memory...even if it's 7 FES for 1 EX, just something would be nice. But it's unlikely, since this new tier is probably a business attempt to increase sales. They want players to pull thinking "this is the only chance you will ever get to memories for Ryu, Chun, and Akuma. And this is the only way to increase their awakening to A5." Also the Change up system widens the gap between A3 and A5. It's a more appealing incentive to go for A5 because you'll be able to eventually get them to A7. It makes the end result a much more noticeable gap in power.

The game sometimes feels like "The King of Overpowered." Whatever your strongest unit is, it will not be too long until a new stronger unit is available. That's partly why I do not focus on high scores. They're just numbers, and it's always possible for the devs to make someone do a bit more damage than the last. But I hope keeping things fun remains Netmarble's priority. M. Bison/Vega/Dictator is the most fun for me. Oh, and for the tower challenge...It would be worthwhile to have a high CP set on standby that is max transcended just to pass the CP requirements. I heard the Tekken Set Cards are excellent for CP, but I do not have them since I was not playing back then. The Iori in Wonderland set cards are a great alternative, and the Holiday Kasumi option card is also a CP monster. BTW, if transcending cards for a CP boost is your goal then matching Critical Rate adds the most CP.

Although my dreams of Vice and Juri in the same team got squashed, I'm enjoying this Collab. We're getting a lot of good things but the business side of this is very obvious. A5 is changing from "it's fancy" to "it's your unit's full potential."
#982  April 01, 2022, 05:53:31 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Here's my thoughts.

The SFV collab is a continuation of the slippery slope this game has been on for a while now.

Of all the new characters, only Alpha Chun can be raised with DIs and you want to use them anyway because her memories can be traded for a Luke or a Bison memory who are both SS characters(Missed opportunity to make Bison a BS). And then we have Ryu, Akuma and normal Chun as the new EX rarity and you know this is going to be a thing going forward. Expect EX Duo lon and EX Shen Woo to arrive for the opening of Tales of Ash saga story mode. And of course this will keep going with EX Magaki and EX Red Saiki who will both also be BS because of course.
#983  April 01, 2022, 08:20:47 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Here is my story and view on all this:

There is a small chance to get the memories from combining so in between collabs, I save up memories, and only combine them during the event. I had like 130 Purple Gold memories that I combined hoping to get lucky with an Akuma Memory. Out of those 130, I got 1 Nameless and 1 Lady Kim. The rest were regular Fest Memories. I had fewer Red, Yellow, and Blue memories but none of them gave anything worthwhile. 

The other thing I did was spend about 25K AP and a lot of auto-clear tickets on the card dungeon hoping to get a Collab FES card. How many did I get? You guessed it, 0! I was lucky on a previous banner and thought it could be a regular thing. But Nope...I found out first hand it's definitely EXtremely rare to get memories or cards that way.

I did get the EX Ryu but I have to look into how the hell he works and if I need to roll the gacha for more copies or not.

Unfortunately, you have to. Unless Netmarble comes out with a new blank "EX" memory...even if it's 7 FES for 1 EX, just something would be nice. But it's unlikely, since this new tier is probably a business attempt to increase sales. They want players to pull thinking "this is the only chance you will ever get to memories for Ryu, Chun, and Akuma. And this is the only way to increase their awakening to A5." Also the Change up system widens the gap between A3 and A5. It's a more appealing incentive to go for A5 because you'll be able to eventually get them to A7. It makes the end result a much more noticeable gap in power.

The game sometimes feels like "The King of Overpowered." Whatever your strongest unit is, it will not be too long until a new stronger unit is available. That's partly why I do not focus on high scores. They're just numbers, and it's always possible for the devs to make someone do a bit more damage than the last. But I hope keeping things fun remains Netmarble's priority. M. Bison/Vega/Dictator is the most fun for me. Oh, and for the tower challenge...It would be worthwhile to have a high CP set on standby that is max transcended just to pass the CP requirements. I heard the Tekken Set Cards are excellent for CP, but I do not have them since I was not playing back then. The Iori in Wonderland set cards are a great alternative, and the Holiday Kasumi option card is also a CP monster. BTW, if transcending cards for a CP boost is your goal then matching Critical Rate adds the most CP.

Although my dreams of Vice and Juri in the same team got squashed, I'm enjoying this Collab. We're getting a lot of good things but the business side of this is very obvious. A5 is changing from "it's fancy" to "it's your unit's full potential."

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of this like Darkflare himself also stated which kinda bums me out since it's obvious that outside of Dream Match, the game is a bit too much on going for power creep and power creep rather than making units actually viable.

While I have A1 Ryu and now A1 Chun, I am seriously not happy over how ridiculous lengths they are making you have to go to get them to A3 and it doesn't bode well when they keep stacking the deck like this again and again.
It's like Brave Exvius except even worse than Neovisions making 7*'s and below worthless.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#984  April 06, 2022, 04:44:50 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Quick note but check your inboxes for free SFV tickets.

As someone that poured double the amount of APs thanks to months worth of Potion refreshers, I too ended up with none of the collab cards.  In facts I pulled more of Chris' 3PG cards than the collabs, lol.  This was during the dice event but still, it stings man  :mwhy:

The game sometimes feels like "The King of Overpowered." Whatever your strongest unit is, it will not be too long until a new stronger unit is available.
I feel like this whole madness seems to benefit the Championship PvP IMO where these busted units thrive in.  Otherwise, A3 sets are more than enough to carry you on modes like towers, Guild Bosses, and AI league battles.  I am not gonna reach Rank 70 at Chapter of Fight anytime soon nor am I ever as Rank 65 is enough for me to farm crystals and Gold Moon/Star boxes.

I am still running stuff like SS Iori, SS '13 Athena, and the like even though the power creep favors newer stuff, but these units can still pull their weight as I invested for them at the time.

But I do agree that the new EX practice is gonna eventually reach absurd amount of Combat Power to the point where we will get future modes favoriting 200k CP all for a memory selector, ick.

Expect EX Duo lon and EX Shen Woo to arrive for the opening of Tales of Ash saga story mode.
While it's inevitable that they will reach EX status, I have doubts they are gonna pull numbers compared to protags, bosses, and collabs.

Reminds me of a time where Netmarble once made a bundle pass that grants you a full maxed out A5 Lin with Poison Imprint Stones, but I have never ran into anyone in League running that set as his kit was mediocre and was quickly outclassed by FES+ stuff.

If anything, we may get a future unit pool expansion featuring Ash Saga characters so even F2P players can get a taste of EX units.  Roid Ralf when?

And yea, this whole practice is tailor made for a future A7 Red Saiki hell.

While I have A1 Ryu and now A1 Chun, I am seriously not happy over how ridiculous lengths they are making you have to go to get them to A3 and it doesn't bode well when they keep stacking the deck like this again and again.
Well....Chun-li can still reach A3 for free by doing dailies.  Baffled to why Ryu isn't getting this treatment like Sol Badguy during the Xrd collab but oh well.

What I don't like about these coin grinds is that they are also Guild dependent and if you are not a part of a Guild, then you'll lose out on my freebies.  Also, Guild leaders can kick you out for no reason and force you to wait a certain period to join again.
Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 05:06:02 am by Kirishima
#985  April 06, 2022, 09:14:41 am
New relay gift box has a second free change up ticket for the sf5 cast at the end. That's a relief.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#986  April 12, 2022, 06:10:38 pm
Spoiler: THIS IS DELICIOUS (click to see content)

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/63404

Netmarble is now accepting feedback on your overall experience with the SFV collab as well as seeing what collab you would like to see next that will sadly get overflooded with shonen anime demands.
Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 06:18:13 pm by Kirishima
#987  April 13, 2022, 11:18:28 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Honestly? I'm completely and utterly mixed on this collab.

On one hand, I think it's honestly decently done and isn't basically a pain in the ass.
On the other hand... the HP in the Towers is WAY too Hyper-Inflated on top of the absurd CP requirements(It really should be far less and back to the originals like in the past)and the EX requirements is also way too fucking steep and needs to be slapped down hard(You might as well not even bother in some cases.)

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#988  April 15, 2022, 10:53:39 pm
Check your inboxes for a free x10 SFV Summon Ticket.

A new Roulette event is underway that rewards shard that can be crafted for a FES Memory Selector as well as stat capsules.  The roulette itself also gives Awakening EXP capsules.
Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:54:53 pm by Kirishima
#989  April 15, 2022, 11:54:51 pm
FES selectors are already useless (I have everyone maxed) so I'll just splurge on the capsule boxes.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#990  April 16, 2022, 12:00:24 am
FES selectors are already useless.
Best to hold on to them in case the next collab needs DIs to awaken, if Netmarble hadn't abandoned that feature by then.

Or if something weird happens like FES Orochi Iori somehow getting the next Change Up feature.
#991  April 16, 2022, 05:17:11 am
    • Puerto Rico
Don't count on it.
#992  April 18, 2022, 01:16:26 pm
Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:19:51 pm by Kirishima
#993  April 19, 2022, 01:09:56 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Atleast we are going back to SS Chizuru...

My biggest problem with her is how they give her no SS stones or equivalent meaning you need to go out of your way to give her good stones which is a pain in the ass.
Atleast she got decent buffs and has a free Change Up too... just sucks I can't get her to A4 atleast without losing access to it.

#994  April 19, 2022, 04:56:26 am
    • USA
they just keep getting greedier and greedier. No wonder the hackers get away with cheating
#995  April 19, 2022, 07:31:56 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Okay, scratch that, seems like I was actually mistaken.

They actually UPPED the amount of Coins you get from the dailies for the Event Missions to the Lucky Chance(Takes 100 Coins to roll it but you get 200-300 Coins per Daily Mission completed).
Meaning that you can potentially push towards A6-A7 Chizuru if you are really lucky even counting for the Change Up. Nice change right there in not screwing over players for easy cash.

#996  April 19, 2022, 09:20:57 am
Yeah you can get 10 memories with coins now, on top of the character, and the event coins are coming up really fast. It's actually very generous, more than it was the first time, especially if you already have her at a good level, you'll be drowning in the other lucky rewards. Too bad we're not getting a rerun of the Chizuru set cards.

New banner on startup teases an EX Kyo. But apparenty it's XV Kyo ?? (Biker jacket) so signature Kyo is getting shafted lol.
Apparently there's also an EX summon banner planned ? SS and BS are dead already and you'll get 3 weeks to pile up 11 copies of him, because 8 is not enough.
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/19/63737
And a shop.
Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 10:14:58 am by Byakko
#997  April 19, 2022, 10:46:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
Shop is just for whales to insta buy him and all his upgrades. It's the same for every Collab, SS and BS banner.

EX Kyo(and EX Iori which comes after)banner just shows that SS/BS is going to be phased out and new units will be EX until they think of the next grade. Thing is, the power creep is pointless because as of right now, you can already do everything by maxing out anything from around GG Collab and after. Argument can be made that the powercreep is mostly for PvP except Dream Match is looking like it will be a more permanent status.

I think this is the point to step off from this mess for me. I'll probably come back when they start doing Tales of Ash saga in Story mode. I kinda do want to see how they tell that story.
#998  April 19, 2022, 11:20:35 am
Chapter of fight still requires you to keep increasing your CP to keep getting ore and moon / star cores which are critical for gold moon / star stones, which are still the bottleneck right now. You can only do the pink stages daily, once you hit your CP limit on the blue stages, you lose a lot of resources. I hit stage 92 and I still have a very hard time as I get shafted by stone RNG.
And it's weird that they recently started focusing on card sets that increase elemental damage, which does NOT reflect on the CP (which has always been dumb but whatever), even though everything in the game needs you to increase your CP on pain of getting your damage set to 0 because fuck you.
Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:32:13 am by Byakko
#999  April 19, 2022, 05:21:52 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I'm probably just going to play it for fun now and not even try to be serious because yeah, EX came in WAY too fast to immediately dethrone SS/BS as the premier level up system and it's just as much a pain in the ass to work around.

#1000  April 19, 2022, 09:55:49 pm
  • Forever loving but always working.
The EX is just a push for more revenue. and I get it, they're a business. But I'm approaching that burn-out feeling with the game. The focus on high scores and farming is wearing me down. I've done it all. Level 100 Chapter of Fight and Guild Boss Challenge are not that great because the focus of it is only to farm stones to get even higher scores. I got Akuma and Ryu almost to A7...great! but that new level of high scores does nothing for me. Besides the novelty of using those units, it's just a bigger number on the screen to help me farm stuff that will help me get an even bigger number on the screen. And that's the problem, it is that final feeling of "why do I need to get such a big high score?" keeps getting stronger with each new banner. I don't regret getting them but it's definitely making me more tired with the game's content.

But...I keep getting pulled back in. I really want KOF XV Kyo. And eventually Krohnen, it would be the first official game where Nameless can go against Krohnen. And KOF XV's Iori's outfit is amazing. So I want him too, then there's Dolores, Antonov, Isla, King of Dinosaurs, and Shermie. They all got my full interest...kinda interested in Shunei, FES+ Vanessa, Benimaru, Joe, Andy, Heidern, Ralf, and Angel.

Otherwise, now, I have a much better understanding why some people quit. After the novelty of using these new units wears off, it's back to the outdated RPG trope of continuous farming and big numbers. The new units are the only thing keeping me interested in the game, once they stop, I'm probably going to quit.

That said, if they focus on Dream Match, then I'm more in than ever. The connection issues in Dream Match can be horrendous but it's great fun when it works properly. Also I do not work for NM, so I don't need to be giving them ideas. That's their job, but maybe a boss that has an attack that forcefully switches a unit for another for starters. The switched out unit cannot join back in immediately because of the cooldown. I won't design a full boss or maze for them but there's a lot more they could do.