YesNoOk

DeathScythe WIPs (Read 131292 times)

Started by Yuko, July 05, 2018, 09:06:25 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Which command you prefer for Messatsu Gou Rasen (Akuma's Super Tatsu)?

QCF QCF Kick
QCB QCB Kick
Re: DeathScythe WIPs
#101  April 09, 2022, 09:12:14 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
So, I finally took the time to make this.

(Thank you Foobs and Karma for the tips, clearly not borrowed inspired by Foobs' template)

Heh. You go, pal! And here, catch some unoriginal, but essential palettes (hope you don't have these, but I bet you do...)

Thanks for the pals, I had the default one that I made myself but yours looks better, so I'm replacing it lol

idk if you want or like it, but i had a custom sprite for her stand based on sfv

Re: DeathScythe WIPs: Sakura
#102  April 09, 2022, 10:25:25 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

idk if you want or like it, but i had a custom sprite for her stand based on sfv

You aren't going to get much use out of it since it's only 1 sprite. If you had a full animation then maybe it'll be up for consideration.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: DeathScythe WIPs
#103  April 09, 2022, 10:57:23 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:14:27 pm by Momotaro
#104  April 13, 2022, 09:39:34 pm
    • USA
As a competitive CvS2 player, I must stress the importance of how top tier this girl is in CvS2. Mainly her roll cancel hadouken, roll cancel tatsu, and last but not least.... SHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHO

Idk the values, but the SHOSHOSHO custom combo does a shitload of damage and even chip guard.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#105  April 13, 2022, 09:58:00 pm
POTS chars dont have roll cancels as far as I know.
#106  April 13, 2022, 10:00:19 pm
    • USA
Yeah I'm aware that there's no RC in that system. Although, worth mentioning in case Death scythe is interested in accommodating something possibly similar. Either way, a POTS or CvS2 Sakura should be busted!
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#107  April 14, 2022, 10:51:34 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
About Hadosho, I suggest you use far MP as a base for the pose to edit. instead of her hadoken pose.

What will be her throw cancel from Sakura Otoshi ? Any chance it's her sommersault like move from SFV ?

Uh, but... why is that? What is wrong with the hadoken animation? I'm sticking to it since that's how she does it in CvS2.
The throw is just her kick throw from CvS2 but done in the air. Because of the lack of custom sprites this is the only air throw that looks good for now.

Why not adding Sakura no Ame from her SFV super art?
It would be neat.

I thought about it too.
But the truth (to me) is that many SFV critical arts are not that interesting when you remove all the flashy camera effects.

But, yes, why not.

I'm not much a fan of the cinematics, however this move could work without it. Will see. :P

As the others said, a single sprite will not be of much use...

As a competitive CvS2 player, I must stress the importance of how top tier this girl is in CvS2. Mainly her roll cancel hadouken, roll cancel tatsu, and last but not least.... SHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHOSHO

Idk the values, but the SHOSHOSHO custom combo does a shitload of damage and even chip guard.

Well, since other characters in this style don't have RC, I think is unfair to give her.
About SHOSHO: https://streamable.com/3nyzfo
The only thing is, the timer for CC on PotS chars is a lot shorter. Still does decent damage since it costs one bar.
#108  April 15, 2022, 03:07:15 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#109  August 11, 2022, 04:16:25 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
So, I saw people were asking about me on discord.

In the middle of working on Sakura I noticed how well experienced other authors are and how little I know about FG compared to them, which made me have one of those existential crisis and I lost interest on continuing her. And, if that wasn't enough, I don't have as much free time as I had because I started a new job. I can't even sleep well anymore, and as y'all may know, making content for MUGEN takes time. That's why now I just comment in one topic or another and that's it.

tldr: i got tired of the mugen + work is killing me and now I have barely any free time.

About Sakura, I want to finish her, I want to make her unique. She is like 80% coded, just needed to add 2 or 3 supers and the finishing touches. However since I have almost no free time now, it's hard to get interested on continuing her. Who knows...
#110  August 11, 2022, 06:25:18 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
As I've said several times, you sometimes seem to try to put yourself down without needing to.
Your chars are great, solid, so as much as you think that, I think the vast majority here have a contrary opinion.
It's a shame, but since you think that, good luck, I just think you could put your char so that someone else can continue it.
#111  August 11, 2022, 09:25:58 am
  • A.K.A. NED

In the middle of working on Sakura I noticed how well experienced other authors are and how little I know about FG compared to them, which made me have one of those existential crisis and I lost interest on continuing her. And, if that wasn't enough, I don't have as much free time as I had because I started a new job. I can't even sleep well anymore, and as y'all may know, making content for MUGEN takes time. That's why now I just comment in one topic or another and that's it.

tldr: i got tired of the mugen + work is killing me and now I have barely any free time.

About Sakura, I want to finish her, I want to make her unique. She is like 80% coded, just needed to add 2 or 3 supers and the finishing touches. However since I have almost no free time now, it's hard to get interested on continuing her. Who knows...

I hate when this kind of situation happens... Particularly with a creator I like!
Your Sakura was one of the more exciting Mugen project I had in mind.

I was even willing to create a SFF patch for your Sakura.

But I understand IRL is a priority, and health particularly.

Actually, I'm mostly in the same situation as you.

Hope you will not give up forever with such an advanced project.
And yes, if you lost motivation, perhaps you can release this Alpha so some creators with more free time can complete it?

Take care, and good luck :)
#112  August 11, 2022, 10:00:49 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org

I hate to say for once, since you're back from the work. However, let's just say it's been months ago from hiatus, and it's time to continue your project anytime for complete. Good luck.
#113  August 11, 2022, 11:46:39 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

This is basically me at times. I wanna make my chars source accurate when possible, but doing so without the knowledge of CvS2 and such compared the likes of Jmorph and Karma is rather daunting.

My advice: If you 100% feel the burnout, you can maybe set her aside and release a beta version of her for the time being so we can finally enjoy her even if she's not fully-cooked.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#114  August 12, 2022, 06:00:11 pm
ah man i really looking forward to your version of sakura. its a shame
#115  January 17, 2023, 10:59:17 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Quick note: I'm continuing Sakura.
I've been already working on her for some time in the shadows, lol.
For those who didn't know I released an alpha version here, expecting someone would complete her. No one got interested and since Jmorphman released Shingo and included the intro with her, it made me want to update and continue her.
I intend to make her a full character, not just an alpha/beta like before. It may take a while (or not?) because of IRL stuff.
#116  January 17, 2023, 11:17:26 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
For those who didn't know I released an alpha version here, expecting someone would complete her. No one got interested and since Jmorphman released Shingo and included the intro with her, it made me want to update and continue her.
I intend to make her a full character, not just an alpha/beta like before. It may take a while (or not?) because of IRL stuff.

Good news! REALLY!
Take the time you need / you find.
Hope you'll enjoy completing her even if it takes time!
It makes me want to test theold alpha again ;)
#117  January 17, 2023, 11:30:39 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Glad to have you back doing Sakura can't wait for the progress.
#118  January 18, 2023, 02:43:51 am
oh yes! my prayers has been answered!
#119  January 19, 2023, 05:31:01 pm
This is great news, hope you can finish her one day, all the best  :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#120  January 28, 2023, 01:14:52 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Glad that you guys are excited about that.

Here is a gif of Haru Ranman (not final, but close) with the new sprites (thanks Trololo, AlexSin and Momotaro):

I may have to adjust the timing and positions, but I think it looks good enough already.