YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 990104 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1001  April 19, 2022, 10:48:52 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
....so is there still time for Ryo to get that coveted SS tier or are we gonna have to wait another couple of months because it is very weird to see Yuri and King get that tier before he and Robert like what

Right now I got all that I need from the SFV collab and while SS Chizuru is still good, I don't see any reason for me to invest on her as her Leadership skill is all I need.

Shop is just for whales to insta buy him and all his upgrades. It's the same for every Collab, SS and BS banner.
Except Shop offers really poor choices for items like $50 to get your A6 to around 2 levels once they are at Lv.64 and barely a blip at Lv.68 so they should be avoided at all costs.  Doesn't help that they are randomized lol.

Only worthwhile packages are the singular tokens.  Maybe the coin for boards to because at least they give you way more items.

I'm probably just going to play it for fun now and not even try to be serious because yeah, EX came in WAY too fast to immediately dethrone SS/BS as the premier level up system and it's just as much a pain in the ass to work around.
To put into perspective in regards to the FES+ thing, it has been over a year since their inception and already we are going into the EX ladder.  I expected another level of power creep but not this soon.  I was predicting sometime after Global's 3rd Anniversary.

At this point, the only times when it is worth splurging is during collabs because at least they make an attempt to put over the collabs as bigger deals for both PvE and PvP meta.  While XV Kyo will be a heavy hitter, you guys have Sol Badguy, SS Honaka, and Chun-Li for free that can deal just as much damage.  Maybe not as fast as what XV Kyo will do but it is more than enough to carry you into specific events like Deimos Base.

And I am certain another tower is coming and I am really hoping A3 XV Kyo is enough.  Makes me wish something akin to the Tekken Set ever comes back to rocket the CP requirements high.

The new units are the only thing keeping me interested in the game, once they stop, I'm probably going to quit.
The cornerstone of the game has always been the collabs and SFV has brought a large chunk of the playerbase back to see.  I feel like the next collab will do the same (god forbid it is another Korean mobile thing arrghh) and it is that feature which keeps me motivated to stick with the game lol

While XV Kyo will be a big deal, I don't see myseld investing too much.  Rather wait for EX Krohnen in the future for that.

Also it's taking Shun'ei this long to appear already.
#1002  April 19, 2022, 11:16:33 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Now that it's over, Street Fighter collab was a little underwhelming, not going to lie.
We only had one female character (I kind of wanted Cammy, Rose or Juri) and wanted Ken in place of Luke. Also, collab power creep is here once more. Hooray.
#1003  April 20, 2022, 01:16:59 am
To be fair about the powercreep, the lv 6 to 10 EXP capsules were datamined since, what, Signature Athena before we even knew she'd be a Signature character and she was a yellow balance unit ? BS and SS units ended up coming before the lv6 awakening, but we knew it was a long time coming. The only real problem is, absolutely fuck the number of memories required (but I like the dispatch system with the shard stuff, if you play with the daily free refresh).
About the collab, I don't really mind the low quality content, but I appreciate that Ryu and Akuma are really well done (design, skill and animation wise, like Ryu's ultra), and Chun Li is fine. Bison is a bit weird with that super that goes backward though. Compared to the GG collab where everyone was a monster, all of Baiken's skills are full of holes that the CPU keeps slipping through, Ram feels a bit weird, I really only like Sol and Ino's moves. The SFV units really are worthy of being your top units for their respective colors (and I can finally retire BS Igniz when I A6 Chun Li and / or get her gold moon/star stones)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 01:31:33 am by Byakko
#1004  April 20, 2022, 02:38:16 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
The problem I have with power creep in general is that it lingers for far too long and overstays its welcome. I get that SF collab was the long awaited hidden Joker card Netmarble decided to pull after its decline in popularity, but everywhere you go, you see SF fighters dominating the scene in every mode. PVE aside, PVP is probably going to remain this way until it becomes absolutely stale or another pay2win collab gets announced out of nowhere. That being said, I think Dream Match should be a permanent mode imo with actual rewards.

I just wish we return to the old days when SamSho collab was first announced. Cool characters but not too op. Viable but not must picks... I feel like after Seven Knights, collabs are just another way of introducing a new grind mechanic, the same way they introduced "EX" fighters in SF.
#1005  April 20, 2022, 02:57:52 am
    • USA
I feel that is why I haven't played the game in over a month. I'm a casual player, but its just getting harder and harder to play as a casual, and I refuse to spend ludicrous amounts of money just to rank up
#1006  April 20, 2022, 03:00:09 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I don't mean to sound condescending, but this is what you guys signed up for. It's a gacha game, what you're describing is the model most of them use.
#1007  April 20, 2022, 03:11:31 am
    • USA
I don't mean to sound condescending, but this is what you guys signed up for. It's a gacha game, what you're describing is the model most of them use.

I understand what you mean. Im just referring to the fact that i've been playing since after the tekken collab and it used to be way more friendly to casuals than what it is now.
#1008  April 20, 2022, 03:47:13 am
I'm a casual player, but its just getting harder and harder to play as a casual
Dailies take over an hour even for a Day 1 player like me so while Netmarble tried to lighten the load, they introduce dumb things like event-only Skip Tickets for Epic Quest that come once in a blue moon and still not adding Skip Tickets for Rush Dungeons and Advent Dungeons.

Then there are Guilds that is a mandatory for all players in which if you aren't part of a Guild, you lose more bonuses along the way but then the head admin can kick you out in a whim forcing you to be on a wait period :sbt:

I can say about 90% of packages all around the Shop are completely pointless, overpriced, and nonsensical.  Subsciption bundles and Battle Pass are the only ones that are worth it.  Topaz are now obsolete so no point in even getting individual ruby bundles lol

4th anniversary is approaching soon so I only hope they finally get feedback into consideration.  At least with SS Chizuru, got 2 memories from free coins so that's a good step though I am still waiting on those Imprint Stones they once claimed will return in someway. 

True, but all of this is happening quickly.  Powercreep is inevitable, but we barely had over a year of exploring with FES+ and already we gotta prep for this.  They even stopped with Seasonals, Gender swaps, and Year Class like '02.

We don't even have Foxy in the roster for crying out loud!
#1009  April 20, 2022, 04:34:09 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I'm probably just going to play it for fun now and not even try to be serious because yeah, EX came in WAY too fast to immediately dethrone SS/BS as the premier level up system and it's just as much a pain in the ass to work around.
To put into perspective in regards to the FES+ thing, it has been over a year since their inception and already we are going into the EX ladder.  I expected another level of power creep but not this soon.  I was predicting sometime after Global's 3rd Anniversary.

At this point, the only times when it is worth splurging is during collabs because at least they make an attempt to put over the collabs as bigger deals for both PvE and PvP meta.  While XV Kyo will be a heavy hitter, you guys have Sol Badguy, SS Honaka, and Chun-Li for free that can deal just as much damage.  Maybe not as fast as what XV Kyo will do but it is more than enough to carry you into specific events like Deimos Base.

That's basically what I plan on doing from now on. I have plenty of those SS Units at decent levels and others like I-No, soon to be May and Ramlethal is at A5 who also does real well.
But it's getting to be real burnout when they basically just exploded into EX like one year after SS/BS when for other gachas, it would take 2-3 years before any major upgrade like this.

Really goddamned hard to continue playing this seriously when there are better gacha games out there worth the time and energy outside of collabs.

To be fair about the powercreep, the lv 6 to 10 EXP capsules were datamined since, what, Signature Athena before we even knew she'd be a Signature character and she was a yellow balance unit ? BS and SS units ended up coming before the lv6 awakening, but we knew it was a long time coming. The only real problem is, absolutely fuck the number of memories required (but I like the dispatch system with the shard stuff, if you play with the daily free refresh).
About the collab, I don't really mind the low quality content, but I appreciate that Ryu and Akuma are really well done (design, skill and animation wise, like Ryu's ultra), and Chun Li is fine. Bison is a bit weird with that super that goes backward though. Compared to the GG collab where everyone was a monster, all of Baiken's skills are full of holes that the CPU keeps slipping through, Ram feels a bit weird, I really only like Sol and Ino's moves. The SFV units really are worthy of being your top units for their respective colors (and I can finally retire BS Igniz when I A6 Chun Li and / or get her gold moon/star stones)

Like we knew there was A6 and A7 pots but we thought that would lead into something else(Ultimately the Change Up System) not a whole new literal tier we have to work on after this shit.

I play plenty of gacha games, most don't even do systems like these until 2-3 years after each other, not 1 year after another.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1010  April 20, 2022, 05:47:42 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. Gacha games (especially Korean gacha games) usually end up being the same dumpster fire of a mess when they reach a certain point. We all knew it was coming, but it still hurts me to say it since I love playing this game.

In fact, I loved this game so much that I was a guild master of the 2nd strongest guild in all of KR server, reached max level for all characters regardless of ranks and was top 20 PVP player in 2019.

Sadly, those days are long gone and even though I still turn the game on everyday and do what I can, I have a gut feeling I'll be uninstalling the game within the next two months...
#1011  April 20, 2022, 08:15:26 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Is there a non-Global server the game is trying to catch up with? Maybe the KR server? Netmarble is kind of infamous for this sort of thing though tbh. I remember reading about similar complaints with the 7DS game. There was scarcely time between banners before a massive new powercreep was introduced. Though I don't think 7DS had newer rarities released at this pace.
#1012  April 20, 2022, 09:42:23 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Hahaha I wish. JP server started first, KR server caught up to that. Then global released and it caught up soon after.
All three servers are on even playing field now and that makes me even more sad come to think about it.

Netmarble, Nexon, Smilegate, all other KR mobile games turn into pure dog shit after the first year from release. That's just how things roll here.
Meaning, when a new game releases, enjoy the best first year of your life and prepare to grind 24/7 from then on or become a whale.
#1013  April 21, 2022, 07:16:04 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
just re started playing this right at the middle of the sf5 event , so far chun li ( nostalgia ) kicks major ass , its my first 5 start awaken char with 100k CP
#1014  April 26, 2022, 12:04:17 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
KOF 15 Kyo's already here when we're barely into 14.
#1015  April 26, 2022, 01:01:32 pm
They keep showing the previous Kyos together with the EX sign, like they're hinting that they'll all get an EX version. the Signature one should be good enough for it, but it's not like anyone will EX up the bronze Kyo using an EX Kyo memory...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1016  April 27, 2022, 03:15:44 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/64137

The upcoming banner will focus on EX Kyo and SS Iori along with new Set Cards and Option Card.  Worth pointing out that one of the new Set Card artwork has Shun'Ei featured.

During this event period, SS Iori's memories has a slim chance of appearing when combining Purple Gold Memories.  Additionally, SS Iori has been given adjustments as follows:

S1: Increases target’s damage received by 35% for 5s upon connecting with this skill.  This is a new add-on for SS Iori.
S2: [PVP Exclusive] Disables all enemies' Active Skills for 4s upon use.  This was changed from just a singular target's Active Skills and now will function regardless if this move hits or not.
S3:  Attack gain buffed from 35% to 60% with a 75% to reset cooldown up from 50%.  Also, PVP exclusive, now has a 70% to remove Armor up from 60%.
The Error of 660 Years Core: Damage Immunity adjusted so now there is a 10 seconds cooldown from 15 seconds.  Decreases target's DMG dealt by 30% for 7s and increases their DMG received by 30% for 7s upon landing an Active Skill. (Cooldown: 12s),  Also, if Kyo's in your team, SS Iori gains an additional 30% Att increase.
Strongest Rival Core: Active Skill damage to Burn/Darkness status buffed to 90% from 80%.  Decreases Active Skill Cooldown by 0.5s when attacking targets affected by Darkness.

EX Kyo will also have his own Imprint Stones up to A3.  In addition, there will be new Imprint Stones that will be usable to any Kyo, Iori, or Chizuru class including SS.  If you missed out on getting Stones for SS Iori or need some for SS Chizuru, these will come in handy and can be obtained through in-game events such as Bingo, Carnival, and the infamous tower where EX Kyo is encouraged.

There will also be a Crafting event to score an exclusive Orochi themed Option Card.
#1017  April 27, 2022, 04:44:00 pm
and the infamous tower where EX Kyo is encouraged.
SS Iori can be used so at least everyone will clear it.
I hope the new craftable option card is good for Orochi himself.
The Battle Pass for the event has a lot of some valuable items, too (quite the value crash for those items like BS/SS memory selector...)
Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 04:51:52 pm by Byakko
#1018  April 27, 2022, 09:08:22 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/64137

The upcoming banner will focus on EX Kyo and SS Iori along with new Set Cards and Option Card.  Worth pointing out that one of the new Set Card artwork has Shun'Ei featured.

During this event period, SS Iori's memories has a slim chance of appearing when combining Purple Gold Memories.  Additionally, SS Iori has been given adjustments as follows:

S1: Increases target’s damage received by 35% for 5s upon connecting with this skill.  This is a new add-on for SS Iori.
S2: [PVP Exclusive] Disables all enemies' Active Skills for 4s upon use.  This was changed from just a singular target's Active Skills and now will function regardless if this move hits or not.
S3:  Attack gain buffed from 35% to 60% with a 75% to reset cooldown up from 50%.  Also, PVP exclusive, now has a 70% to remove Armor up from 60%.
The Error of 660 Years Core: Damage Immunity adjusted so now there is a 10 seconds cooldown from 15 seconds.  Decreases target's DMG dealt by 30% for 7s and increases their DMG received by 30% for 7s upon landing an Active Skill. (Cooldown: 12s),  Also, if Kyo's in your team, SS Iori gains an additional 30% Att increase.
Strongest Rival Core: Active Skill damage to Burn/Darkness status buffed to 90% from 80%.  Decreases Active Skill Cooldown by 0.5s when attacking targets affected by Darkness.

EX Kyo will also have his own Imprint Stones up to A3.  In addition, there will be new Imprint Stones that will be usable to any Kyo, Iori, or Chizuru class including SS.  If you missed out on getting Stones for SS Iori or need some for SS Chizuru, these will come in handy and can be obtained through in-game events such as Bingo, Carnival, and the infamous tower where EX Kyo is encouraged.

There will also be a Crafting event to score an exclusive Orochi themed Option Card.

Atleast that's good as it's weird they offered none of that when it came to SS Chizuru and her damage would absolutely tank without those and then did it again here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1019  April 28, 2022, 09:25:54 pm
Motherfuckers put a "greet guild members 40 times" tile in the bingo. Fuck. I was thinking there were a lot of super easy tiles, and then this.
I'm hoping the backlash will make them change that tile for something else within the next 2 days, as it has happened before, but, fuck.
#1020  April 29, 2022, 12:32:22 am
If what Luke's dungeon's rewards being shifted is any indication, it is possible for Netmarble to make some tweaks because GEEZ they are really encouraging Guild nonsense.

Also the Orochi crafted card isn't for Orochi after all but is for Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru which grants them an absurd amount of Combat Power.  This will come in handy if you are still struggling in the event tower and don't have A1 EX Kyo on board.

The highest tier in Orochi's dungeon heavily favors SS Iori and SS Chizuru while any Kyo with Burn aliment can work if you don't have EX Kyo.  If your unit's combined CP ain't ridiculously high, prepare to spend lots of minutes getting through with this unless you go for the low tier selection.  The rewards give crafted materials to get the Orochi Option Card but also tickets for Chapter of Fight.

I strongly recommend getting the FES EX Kyo Set Cards.  It's basically Tekken Set but for EX units and can also be used for SFV's EX units.

Tung Fu Rae is shown in the Event Story so decent chance he, Shun'ei, and Meiteikun are inbound soon.