YesNoOk

Guilty Gear Strive: Steam/Play4/5/and Rollback-Netcode (Read 1257577 times)

Started by yaret, August 05, 2019, 04:39:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Guilty Gear Strive: Steam/Play4/5/and Rollback-Netcode
#121  March 20, 2022, 02:46:54 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Guess who is back from the dead!

#122  March 20, 2022, 03:34:46 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#123  March 20, 2022, 08:15:51 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Testament is the best waifu!
This is fate.
#124  March 20, 2022, 08:51:43 pm
meh i prefer the old design , the new one looks generic anime waifu.
#125  March 20, 2022, 09:05:08 pm
    • Brazil
They're non-binary, according to the wiki, which really surprises me.
#126  March 29, 2022, 05:45:56 am
  • The Goddess Returns
meh i prefer the old design , the new one looks generic anime waifu.

Same here, I just will otherwise call this Testament Female basically, if Testament is supposed to be Non-Binary, outside of the ENG VA, none of it stands out in any fashion even compared to say Bridget.

Otherwise if she plays fine, I'll be rooting for her to atleast bring back Testament's original gameplay style.

And yeah, I do plan on buying this game at a later time, I just never really had the chance to respond here due to forgetting.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#127  March 29, 2022, 03:29:51 pm
    • Brazil
I'll just say one thing: Testament being non-binary is not based on whether you like it or not, nor on what they wear, and not respecting someone's gender identity, even if its a character, is quite a "yikes".
Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 03:39:53 pm by Macaulyn97
#128  March 29, 2022, 05:53:06 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Regardless of the situation can I say that I've been listening to Testament's theme nonstop for a few days now? I also love their new design, there's something about it that just clicks with me for some reason... It's probably the top hat.
#129  March 29, 2022, 06:54:58 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I'll just say one thing: Testament being non-binary is not based on whether you like it or not, nor on what they wear, and not respecting someone's gender identity, even if its a character, is quite a "yikes".

Everything you said there is a "yikes" because I seriously hate every part of that creeping up.
They designed Testament so much like a girl that to me and others, she might as well be a girl. So don't be trying to suddenly be on some high horse with me for a fictional character like somehow it's just that evil when people have made fun of characters like Cloud in this exact situation for less.
They could have easily just made Testament slightly more girly than basically surpassing Bridget, there's a major difference.

Otherwise like I said before, if they didn't change Testament's moveset too much, then THEY may be fun to watch but as it seems like they did... guess not(I only heard that they kept the spirit of Testament's style but otherwise the moveset is gutted like many others).

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#130  March 29, 2022, 08:10:24 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
As a "girl" he's perfect.
But I don't recognize Testament at all.

I hope they will not mess Jam in the future...
#131  March 31, 2022, 01:36:55 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
They designed Testament so much like a girl that to me and others, she might as well be a girl. So don't be trying to suddenly be on some high horse with me for a fictional character like somehow it's just that evil when people have made fun of characters like Cloud in this exact situation for less.
Except he's right.
They explicitly stated Testament is agender. It's not suggested, it's not hinted. It's explicit. This is from word of god.
Misgendering them on purpose like that is quite the faux pas, vro. We're not in 2005 anymore.

As much as I hate that word, BIG yikes lmao

Speaking of gender neutral, Stain State and succubi placement is kinda confusing the hell outta me despite how simplified they've been made. I think my tiny brain's gonna stick to Anji for the foreseeable future, but the new Testament (lol) is pretty damn cool gameplay-wise.
#132  March 31, 2022, 08:02:11 am
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
She-Testament is great... now I wait for a mode with a dude-Testament skin.    :lfor:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#133  March 31, 2022, 08:46:56 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Testament isn't a she or he, or a girl or a boy, idk what's so hard to understand here.
#134  April 01, 2022, 02:50:32 pm
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
Testament isn't a she or he, or a girl or a boy, idk what's so hard to understand here.

I don't care about what people say it is. If someone who doesn't know about Guilty Gear just look a picture of the character, In Strive Testament is a girl, the Testament before is a man with a dress.
So for me not the same. I liked his look before, the girly one is good too but doesn't feel like the same character.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#135  April 01, 2022, 03:56:07 pm
    • Brazil
There is a difference between misgendering someone because you didn't know their gender and misgendering someone after being explicitly informed of the correct one. First case you're just making a mistake, second you're just a jerk.
Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 06:47:04 pm by Macaulyn97
#136  April 30, 2022, 01:22:39 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
There is a difference between misgendering someone because you didn't know their gender and misgendering someone after being explicitly informed of the correct one. First case you're just making a mistake, second you're just a jerk.

relax, its just a fictional character

also here we have: NOT Bedman Trailer

#137  April 30, 2022, 02:15:52 am
    • Brazil
#138  April 30, 2022, 09:06:04 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Prejudice is prejudice. If you do it to a fictional character, you do it to real people.

The slippery slope doesn't even exist anymore... we have reverted right back to the "video games kill people" argument now.

also here we have: NOT Bedman Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_IeHg2un4&ab_channel=MagatsuVale[/youtube]

...Okay, that's hilarious to make it be the damn BED instead of Bedman since he's... dead. But instead of his sister(whose heavily implied to be free now), it's the Bed? What, Bedman infused his consciousness into it or something?

And I realized it was just a meme LMFAO. Damn, got me good there.

Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:03:08 pm by Xhominid
#139  April 30, 2022, 04:15:28 pm
    • Brazil
The slippery slope doesn't even exist anymore... we have reverted right back to the "video games kill people" argument now.
Completely different situations. Your attitude shows your unwillingness to respect the very idea that someone's gender identity isn't defined by you or your "opinions", that is one thing that doesn't change from characters to people. You're bigoted.
#140  April 30, 2022, 11:07:06 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Completely different situations. Your attitude shows your unwillingness to respect the very idea that someone's gender identity isn't defined by you or your "opinions", that is one thing that doesn't change from characters to people. You're bigoted.

Not even close dude, this is why people get tired of stuff like this because people like you basically get given an inch and take it halfway across the Universe. Testament is not real as is every other character in the series as is every other piece of fictional media.
Authors have consistently made characters come off as Traps(Or the other way around for Females who dress like dudes to the point they come off as male) by making them as girl as possible to the point they are only not a girl due to basically saying so. So please get off that high horse of yours by trying to tell people they are bigots over a videogame character and applying that to real life.

The only bigot I'm seeing here is you, no one else. So unless you have proof that the people here that are just saying their two cents actually are bigots, how about you go put your 2 cents back in your pocket? Because it damn sure isn't warranted or needed as you are clearly just continuing to start needless conflict.