YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441520 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go)
#6381  January 27, 2022, 05:43:45 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
-The Return of PotS

I had no idea about his return. It's Great to see PotS again ;D

-Shingo (PotS Style)

Keep it going! It's gonna be EPIC!! :yuno:

-JK Style?

Lmao :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Really thinking about it... Jmorphman and KarmaCharmeleon collaborating would be great :fear:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#6382  January 27, 2022, 05:54:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#6383  January 29, 2022, 06:52:27 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Want to encourage you, to keep pushing forward.
#6384  February 02, 2022, 02:00:10 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
It's nice to see POTS back I agree, but I'm glad you're still plugging away! I have a small, but pertinent question, as a Shingo player in 98 and a Shingo enthusiast in any other game: Do you plan on making his Close HP (the equivalent to his Close C in KOF) a 2 frame normal in exchange for having a REALLY strict activation range, and making his Far HP just absolutely terrible? That has always been one of my favorite things about the character, just those little things.

The CVS Shingo sprites are without question though just....really cool to see.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: B.B. Hood BETA
#6385  February 02, 2022, 06:10:11 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
#6386  February 02, 2022, 07:01:40 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It's nice to see POTS back I agree, but I'm glad you're still plugging away! I have a small, but pertinent question, as a Shingo player in 98 and a Shingo enthusiast in any other game: Do you plan on making his Close HP (the equivalent to his Close C in KOF) a 2 frame normal in exchange for having a REALLY strict activation range, and making his Far HP just absolutely terrible? That has always been one of my favorite things about the character, just those little things.
Right now his animations are a weird hodgepodge state where they're basically just sketches, while I finish assembling the sff—for all the CS'd/finished animations that he shares with Kyo, I just took the timings from my Kyo wholesale. For the totally new brand new stuff, whenever I add the new sprites to the sff, I then go and have try to get the animation mostly worked out (minus CLSNs); so I can make sure everything is aligned right and the animation flows smoothly—though these animations are certainly not "locked in" for frame data purposes yet (a semi-recent example of this would be his far HK, which I originally set up using the same timings from KOF2002, but that looked really weird, so I reduced the startup and recovery frames a fair amount and now it feels much smoother... but now it's probably too fast. I'll have to navigate balancing animation quality vs frame data stuff when I start working on the anims for real, after the sff is all done).

Anyway, back to close HP: currently he has the same 3 frame startup for close HP that my Kyo does. I'm hesitant to make that any smaller because the startup consists of three individual animation elems (all with a display time of 1), and thus the animation would have to cut down on elems to shave it down further. But then again, Shingo's close HP is supposed to be really fast; it's frankly disgusting, absurd, and potentially illegal how fast the close HP on Shingo is in KOF. Only 1 fucking frame, go to jail Shingo.

So yeah I dunno right now. One option might be to revamp the animation to make the startup consist of a single animation element, like KOF does (but then again that KOF animation is super crusty and doesn't look great, only 4 total animation elements, and the startup is part of the problem). Or maybe I could get away with just removing one elem.

Far HP is naturally gonna suck really bad. He deserves it for that close HP.
#6387  February 02, 2022, 03:13:46 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
it's frankly disgusting, absurd, and potentially illegal how fast the close HP on Shingo is in KOF. Only 1 fucking frame, go to jail Shingo.
It's so beautiful, really brings a tear to my eye every time I press it. He trades a LOT for that move though, so it's like......

I think you could honestly make it Frame 2 and achieve a similar effect via animation modifying, 1 frame is like, that's unblockable in MUGEN (unless everyone started putting the block code in their CMD yes really that fixes it), or you could just keep it Frame 3 and give it other parameters that are a little better than Kyo's (better hitbox, anti air, recovery) and keep the "spirit" of the move because, as you said, 1 fucking frame LMAO

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#6388  March 31, 2022, 03:59:15 am
    • USA
#6389  March 31, 2022, 09:32:25 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Omg!! :yuno:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#6390  March 31, 2022, 11:30:37 am
what version of his ooboro kurama(reverse dp kick) are you gonna use? same as kyo's or his 98 version?
#6391  March 31, 2022, 01:15:56 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#6392  March 31, 2022, 10:33:13 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I just love how different his sprites feel from the original KoF version.

Truly a professional level work - which goes well along your professional level of coding! :coollove:
#6393  March 31, 2022, 10:52:30 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#6394  April 06, 2022, 01:28:03 am
    • USA
what version of his ooboro kurama(reverse dp kick) are you gonna use? same as kyo's or his 98 version?
I honestly haven't decided yet. I keep going back and forth between two options. One option would be the hopping/98 style as the normal version and the fully aerial/99+ version as EX. Other option would be 99+ as normal and a downgraded version of the super variant as EX.
#6395  April 18, 2022, 11:13:49 am
Jmorphman is he doonnee yet ? :8):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6396  April 22, 2022, 06:42:54 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Lmfao!! :laugh3:

I think he's still working on him :smash:

I predict he'll be done soon :mlol:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#6397  May 03, 2022, 05:18:02 am
    • USA

All non-get hit sprites are complete. Only 60 sprites remain, all of which are get hits.

Jmorphman is he doonnee yet ? :8):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6398  May 23, 2022, 10:27:11 pm
    • USA
Sprites are complete.

Spoiler: CvS2 palette (click to see content)

Now I have to go back and update Kyo to fix a few outstanding hitbox and vel issues (because I will be using him as the base for Shingo).
#6399  May 23, 2022, 11:56:14 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Sweet !!!
Is there a différence between these 2 blue palettes ? (I have not watched closely)

Can we expect an update for Chun Li to include the new sprites recently made?
#6400  May 24, 2022, 01:38:06 am
    • USA
As with my previous characters, there is a CvS2 palette that directly captures the original in-game palette, as well as a "Default" palette that is a minor modification of the CvS2 palette. This default palette tries to stick as closely to the original as possible, only adding details that the 15 color limit would've made it impossible to add (for example, the glove trim in CvS2 is created using a unique yellow shade and the rest is drawn using skin shades; the Default palette adds more yellow/gold shades to better differentiate the trim from the skin).

... actually wait, shit, there are more differences in the default palette that I forgot to add (changing Shingo's glove colors to exactly match Kyo's, and a few other minor things). I've re-uploaded the default template with these changes.

Can we expect an update for Chun Li to include the new sprites recently made?
I did that back in November.