YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4724155 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Aoko Released + EXA Update for 26 Characters (06/19/22)
#981  June 21, 2022, 08:16:58 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Really? I just tried it out on my 1.0 and I'm not getting any flickering. You may want to try downloading him again.
Alright, I think I may have figured out why it causes that. It seems like it only does that if I have my GameWidth and GameHeight on the mugen.cfg to 1280x960 as I usually upscale it during gameplay. But once I downscale it to 640x480 so I could snap a screenshot, now it doesn't flicker anymore. So I guessing it doesn't like that resolution and has to be changed since it's too big. I intentionally set it that way to make sure it's large enough for my monitor to see and still keep the 4:3 ratio. It's not one of the recommended settings, so I didn't know that would mess with it.

Other than that, I think everyone is pretty much done for now.

Edit: Found two bugs on Kirby regarding his Copy_Abilities.cns:
-Bishamon is supposed to be trigger49 and is preventing the rest of the characters on the on the Sword Part 1 copy ability list from copying.
-Sanae Kochiya and onwards doesn't detect the Tornado copy ability because it skipped 3 numbers.

Since the cns has to be updated to fix the bug, might as well add some variations and additions since I had these characters for a while:
Kenshin Himura: "Himura Kenshin"
Makoto Shishio: "Shishio Makoto"
Magma Dragoon: "Magma Dragoon Redux"
Captain Falcon: "Ultimate Captain Falcon"
Electro: "Electro Recharged"
Thor: "The Mighty Thor"
Unknown Soldier: "Unknown Soldier P1"
Michelle Heart: "Michelle Heart Redux"
Jubilee: "JubileeMVC"
Kung Lao: "KUNG LAO MK2"
Liu Kang: "LIU-KANG MK1" & "LIU-KANG MK2"
Baraka: "BARAKA MK2"
Mileena: "MILEENA MK2"
Kano: "KANO MK1"
Raiden: "RAIDEN MK1"
Scorpion: "SCORPION MK1"
Sub-Zero: "SUB-ZERO MK1"
Shang Tsung: "SHANG TSUNG MK1"
Detective Garret Laurel: "Garret"
Leon S. Kennedy: "Leon"

Cutter:
-Kitana: "KITANA MK2"
-Nightwolf
-Viewtiful Joe

Fire:
-Dormammu
-Sektor

Bomb:
-Cyrax

Hammer:
-Frank West: "Frank West Arr"

Mirror:
-Pure and Fur

Needle:
-Sindel
-Lou: "MVC Lou"

Spear:
-Arthur: "Sir Arthur"
-Jade: "JADE MK2"

Suplex (Kamui_Kanjai mentioned this one, but was missed):
-Jax: "JAX MK2"

Ninja:
-Ermac: "ERMAC MK1"
-Noob Saibot, Smoke & NOOB-SMOKE MK1
-Rain: "RAIN MK1"
-Reptile: "REPTILE MK1"
-Khameleon: "KHAMELEON MK2"

Ranger:
-Stryker

I never really considered them because I mostly wanted him to focus for Japanese games in mind. Now a few more MvC and Mortal Kombat characters will now work officially with Kirby. I hope you don't mind doing that.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:35:32 pm by ZolidSone
#982  June 21, 2022, 05:18:58 pm
    • USA
I noticed two issues while testing out the EXA Update.

When Ragna and Jin are selected their burst icons are on the incorrect sides and are inverted, this seems to only happen during Ragna vs Jin specifically. I'm guessing it has to do with their unique intro together. https://streamable.com/llvswj

Also Merkava's I, Incinerate seems to be the only Exceed Accel that doesn't kill. https://streamable.com/zjsq1k
#983  June 22, 2022, 01:24:58 am
    • Brazil
I've updated my Japanese voice patch for Yumi with the new sounds of the EXA system and the new intro against Yukiko. Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/00r5x6v655l8rty/YumiJPN.rar/file

Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the patch. I'll update the rest of the other japanese voice patches when their respective updates of the EXA system arrives. Enjoy.
#984  June 22, 2022, 02:36:54 am
    • USA
Scratch what I said about them being done for now, but I also found two minor errors regarding the Exceel Accels again on two characters.

Ruby:
-The pedal slash effect on Rose Rush doesn't freeze temporary when the opponent was KOed with it.

Nanase:
-Waltz in the Tempest doesn't KO the opponent on the very last hit and instead will in the middle of it.
-Temptest is a typo on the movelist.png.

I should have checked whether the Exceed Accel KOs were consistent with each other.
#985  June 22, 2022, 04:46:17 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen

All fixed and reuploaded. Yumi's updated voice patch has also been added to the site.

It seems like it only does that if I have my GameWidth and GameHeight on the mugen.cfg to 1280x960 as I usually upscale it during gameplay. But once I downscale it to 640x480 so I could snap a screenshot, now it doesn't flicker anymore. So I guessing it doesn't like that resolution and has to be changed since it's too big. I intentionally set it that way to make sure it's large enough for my monitor to see and still keep the 4:3 ratio. It's not one of the recommended settings, so I didn't know that would mess with it.

I wouldn't have known either. Whenever I run 1.0 in 1280x960, the frame rate takes a nosedive, so I tend to not bother switching from 640x480 on that engine. Nonetheless, I was able to fix the flickering in 1.0's higher resolutions.
#986  June 22, 2022, 07:27:38 am
    • USA
I wouldn't have known either. Whenever I run 1.0 in 1280x960, the frame rate takes a nosedive, so I tend to not bother switching from 640x480 on that engine. Nonetheless, I was able to fix the flickering in 1.0's higher resolutions.
Really? I had no clue that it would sacrifice performance. I have my display settings on my PC to 1920x1080 and having 1.0 set on 640x480 feels way too small and caused the sprites to be so squinted on that resolution. Your screenshots, clips and preview videos look hi-res and have higher dimensions than mine. That's why it made me think it looks larger as the screenshots you take is like 2548x1914. Do you not use M.U.G.E.N itself to take the picture directly?

Also, I just realized Yukari Takeba is listed twice and will still get Needle instead of Tornado if you copy her. Since trigger6 on Needle has to replaced, I forgot to mention Hawkeye on the last post for MvC characters and he also uses a bow and arrow too. So he would be perfect as a substitute:
Hawkeye: "HawkeyeMVC"

And one addition to Tornado since I remember this character in Eternal Fighter Zero and couldn't come up with a good ability for her back then:
Minagi Tohno & michiru

Minagi always has Michiru around her doing most of the attacking (Who also spins like a tornado) and also made as a standalone character. After this one, I'll let you get back to Dead Apostle Noel and wait for the other games to get more characters before typing another list so I know what matching abilities they have.

Edit: I missed two things on Yukiko and Merkava I noticed after he was updated:
-The petal and burning effects on Yukiko's Burning Petals doesn't freeze temporary when the opponent was KOed with it.
-Merkava's I, Incinerate has the wrong attribute flag when KOing the opponent (S instead of H).
Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 12:50:12 pm by ZolidSone
#987  June 22, 2022, 10:57:11 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Now that you said that, I'm actually pretty curious about your pc specifications (and possibly your mugen.cfg unless that's too much to ask :V ).

Your screenshots, clips and preview videos look hi-res and have higher dimensions than mine. That's why it made me think it looks larger as the screenshots you take is like 2548x1914. Do you not use M.U.G.E.N itself to take the picture directly?
They're using IKEMEN GO with the MSAA filter on which makes certain sprites look much more smoother even on lower resolutions.

Here's an example I did between the two modes for comparison
OFF:

ON:

He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#988  June 23, 2022, 06:46:05 am
    • USA

All fixed.

Do you not use M.U.G.E.N itself to take the picture directly?

I use my recording software to get screenshots as it's much easier to capture precise moments that way.

Now that you said that, I'm actually pretty curious about your pc specifications (and possibly your mugen.cfg unless that's too much to ask :V ).

I have a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 processor with Radeon Pro 450 and Intel HD 530 graphics cards. When I run 1.1 and IKEMEN GO in 1280x960, I get a stable 60fps, which is one of the reasons why I tend to just stick with IKEMEN GO.
#989  June 24, 2022, 10:17:18 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I noticed that Bisclavret just continues to attempt a grab infinitely before she eventually does it or gets hit out of the animation.
#990  June 25, 2022, 12:50:35 am
    • USA
Fixed. Go ahead and redownload her.
#991  June 25, 2022, 05:40:56 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Now onto the idea of Shadow characters. Still thinking of a few potential ideas for some to be kinda fundamentally different, like here:
Dedede: Uniquely, takes on the appearance of Masked Dedede with a few different normals and a more serious look to his stances. Contains his electric tornado spin attack, missiles, and maybe also a different Astral Heat?
Kirby: Has a slightly different set of copy abilities and also has some new specials on them, like potentially Fire Breath on Fire and such.
Yu: Old autocombo from P4A, a slightly different look to his supers, and not really much else.
Adachi: Has some of his old specials like Evil Smile and Megidola. Also actually uses his gun, too.

That's all I got, and I'm also thinking that you got Roa planned in the future, too. Maybe after Dead Apostle Noel.
#992  June 26, 2022, 11:53:10 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Japanese Voicepacks for
Pyra: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1009EO1eIdgLEoIvt0GKMeEennx1PBdIq/view?usp=sharing
&
Faust: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YFew5bvrVE9VRiSBINF2oNXS2YC4or26/view?usp=sharing
Are now updated with all the EXA additions!

Also for those who downloaded Metaknights' JPN soundpack from earlier, please redownload it as I accidently copied sound index 8005,2 over to 8005,3 by mistake.
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m1Ghb_cfXrXWIxsxE_ZfQJs3EIxvDYCe/view?usp=sharing

PHEW! I can finally get some rest now. XD
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#993  June 27, 2022, 04:02:32 am
    • USA
Hello OHMSBY, I know you just updated a lot of your characters recently, but I wanted to point out a sentence for your Yumi that I believe needs capitalization (the F where the red line is). I'm telling you about this because I noticed it a while ago and just fixed it myself cause I didn't want to feel like I was bothering you for something that could be perceived as insignificant. But I kept having to do the same thing every time that Yumi got updated.

#994  June 27, 2022, 03:48:21 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
Hey OHMSBY, quick question.

Why does Marx have 11 timerfreeze codes?
#995  June 28, 2022, 06:30:38 am
    • USA
#996  June 28, 2022, 08:13:40 am
    • USA
#997  June 28, 2022, 12:22:58 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
There's an option in the config file that allows the timer to run while fighting Marx. However there are certain instances, such as his astral heat and his final KO animation, that the timer should still freeze for even when that option has been toggled.

l... really didn't knew that! The only thing l knew is you could config his black hole only. Thanks for the explanation

#998  July 04, 2022, 11:42:19 am
    • USA
So I wasn't planning on posting on the topic again until the next batch of characters and Dead Apostle Noel was released, but I figured this is too important to be left out for too long as the next ones and her will be affected too. While I was working on an upcoming character and testing for Ichida for the EXA update, I realized the "Type Lumina style Super Jump" command is way too strict even with pressing the buttons correctly. But I figured out how to fix as I looked at a character with a different style to see how their super jump command input works.

So try changing the command on their cmd file from this:
Code:
[Command]
name = "highjump"
command = >D, U
time = 8

[Command]
name = "highjump"
command = >D, UF
time = 8

To this:
Code:
[Command]
name = "highjump"
command = ~D, U
time = 8

[Command]
name = "highjump"
command = ~D, UF
time = 8

For some reason, changing the greater-than sign to a tilde symbol makes the command less strict and I have no clue why.

And here's some additional feedback to the characters already updated with EXA if any:
-Ultra Burst ends immidiately if Negative Penalty occurs.
-The Persons cut-in share the same palfx with the character. (I just noticed that the cut-in flashed for a few frames when they activate Ultra Burst so yeah you can tell that I was wrong when I said it shouldn't share the same palfx with the characters.)
-A failed Exceed Accel or Astral Heat attempt will cause Overheat state to occur. (OHMSBY mentioned this in his document but I just want to do a recap)
-The Burst gauge will return to 3 for Exceed Accel and 0 for Astral Heat if they are successfully performed.

Also, I'm not sure if it is a bug with the system or not but if you press F1 to kill the second player during their introduction and wait for the system to announce "Fight", the new Ultra Burst sound and effect play multiple times until they hit the ground.
Ichida let me know about this as I'll need to update my checklist since some things no longer applies with the EXA update such as the Burst icon no longer appearing when defeating while in Ultra Burst. Now it makes more sense not to appear anymore because there's no inactive icon as it's always will be and requires to be recharged. So figured I mention this to you too if there is anything on there he said that needs fixing.

Ragna:
-5AAAA, 5BB (second hit), 5C, 2B, 2C and jB is supposed to deal chip damage for Soul Eater but not chip kill (Otherwise, he can steal some of the opponent's health without dealing damage and 2B is not listed as one of the moves on the readme).

Kirby (Since I don't have anything on him currently, I got a list of copy abilities for the DNF Duel game):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I was able to squeeze almost all copy abilities for each character with the exception of two that have to share one.

Also I know you added it already, but you don't need both "Minagi Tohno & michiru" for the 3rd p2name as Minagi always has Michiru with her in Eternal Fighter Zero according to her Mizuumi page: https://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Eternal_Fighter_Zero/Minagi_Tohno

So feel free to remove it. Still keep Michiru though as it was made as a standalone character by someone.

Thief:
-Since 5AAAA, 5C, jC, Whirlwind and Twin/Quad Daggers steals health from the opponent, shouldn't it work the same as Ragna's Soul Eater upon block (I'm not sure if it works the same as I never played the source game)?
-Twin/Quad Daggers doesn't deal any chip damage.
-The last hit of 5AAAA and Whirlwind still steals health upon block or does it deal any chip damage (If the first is correct, then all the hits should and not just the last one with chip damage).

Meta Knight:
-The hitspark and guard spark of air Mach Tornado is misaligned when it hits the opponent in the air.
-Air Mach Tornado still has increased cornerpush when it hits.
#999  July 04, 2022, 01:43:17 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, what inspired you to add the unique cutscenes and voicelines in your showcase trailers? I always thought it was a neat and the choreography and presentation is really well made. Also have you thought of making another April Fool's character or any ideas for one?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Quick Update for All EXA Characters (07/04/22)
#1000  July 04, 2022, 08:56:36 pm
    • USA
All EXA Updated Characters have received a quick update

All EXA updated characters:
-Made the High Jump Input a little more lenient
-Fixed an error where the Burst Ready sound could play multiple times if the fighter were to somehow be KO'd before round start
-Other minor fixes

Character Specific:
Ragna:
-All non-special Soul Eater attacks now deal non-lethal chip damage.
Thief Arthur:
-The last hit on all versions of Whirlwind no longer steals life on block
-Twin/Quad Daggers now deal chip damage
Kirby:
-Updated list of Copy Ability Triggers

For some reason, changing the greater-than sign to a tilde symbol makes the command less strict and I have no clue why.

The tilde makes it to where the button can be held down for any amount of time for the command to work. Without using variables to set a maximum amount of time, not only would that be inaccurate to how super jumps work in Type Lumina and most other Arcsys games, but it would also allow for you to accidentally get a super jump when you only meant to do a regular jump from crouch. Also the Greater Than symbol needs to be there to ensure that downward diagonal inputs don't trigger the command, which is also accurate to how it works in the source.

And here's some additional feedback to the characters already updated with EXA if any:

Aside from the F1 thing, which has been fixed, All of those are as intended.

shouldn't it work the same as Ragna's Soul Eater upon block (I'm not sure if it works the same as I never played the source game)?

In MAAB, the life steal (Which is actually common among other wind element characters and not just Thief) only works on hit.

Hey OHMSBY, what inspired you to add the unique cutscenes and voicelines in your showcase trailers?

I just figured it'd be more interesting than just going "This guy is next".

Also have you thought of making another April Fool's character or any ideas for one?

I did start on one a while back, but never got around to finishing it. I don't want to say what it is in case I do decide to finish and releasee it.