YesNoOk

Izaya Orihara (Dengeki Bunko/Durarara!!) (Read 6779 times)

Started by NEX, July 01, 2022, 03:07:38 pm
Share this topic:

NEX

Izaya Orihara (Dengeki Bunko/Durarara!!)
#1  July 01, 2022, 03:07:38 pm
  • "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself."
Hello.
I'm kind of new to making mugen characters but I feel like I got most of the basics down.
Anyways. This is the first character that I've made some real progress in and I've decided to show some of my progress with you all. Hope you enjoy it and have a good day.

Intro:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

5A > 5AA > 5AAA > 5AAAA

Forward Grab

5B (Projectile)

Counter B > 2C > 5A* > 5B

Some Palletes gives different slash effects

Important
What these preview images show may or may not be in the final.
Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 05:19:36 pm by NEX
Re: Izaya Orihara (Dengeki Bunko/Durarara!!)
#2  July 01, 2022, 03:49:35 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I like it, looks pretty good. Any ideas for his special moves yet, besides his counter?
#3  July 01, 2022, 04:13:21 pm
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
Looks pretty good, curious to see how you will tackle him despite his limited sprites.

NEX

#4  July 01, 2022, 09:17:37 pm
Thank you everyone.
Yes, due to his limited sprites, I have to get creative with his move set and work with what I've been given. But I have completed most of his normals such as 2A, 5C, and so on. Movement wise, he feels like a BBtag character since while he does have running sprites, he doesn't have any walking sprites.

Regarding his special moves, the counter will be a QCB motion and will change depending on which button you press. (A, B or C although C will cost meter)
I haven't started making other special moves as I'm currently working on Counter C but I have some ideas in mind for the QCF motion. Aside from that, other special moves haven't been thought of yet although I did make a DP and it functions as intended but it's still incomplete and I'll get to that afterwards as counter C is my priority right now.

I still consider myself a beginner but I'll try to make this the best I could possibly make it.
#5  July 02, 2022, 12:38:15 am
  • Keep up the Good work!
    • USA
Hello. I'm kind of new to making mugen characters but I feel like I got most of the basics down.
Anyways. This is the first character that I've made some real progress in and I've decided to show some of my progress with you all. Hope you enjoy it and have a good day.

Intro:

5A > 5AA > 5AAA > 5AAAA

Forward Grab

5B (Projectile)

Counter B > 2C > 5AAAA > 5B

Different Pal gives different slash effects

Nice Job, Keep up the good work!  Good Luck! 
Mysterious Warrior 777
#6  July 04, 2022, 06:38:33 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Keep up the good work dude! This looks pretty good so far. I know only one other Izaya was made, and it was kinda alright.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#7  July 04, 2022, 01:31:45 pm
    • USA
Hey nice work on the infamous information broker of Ikebukuro. He looks pretty promising and like the palettes. So have you figured out the walking sprite issue or are you still thinking of solutions? I find it weird that the developers of Crossing Void didn't add any walking sprites for Izaya. It's as weird as Arcsystem not making any walking back animations for the RWBY girls, especially Ruby and Yang.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."

NEX

#8  July 04, 2022, 02:36:29 pm
So have you figured out the walking sprite issue or are you still thinking of solutions?

Unfortunately no. Since he doesn't have any walking sprites, I gave Izaya the ability to run backwards or forwards by simply pressing left or right. Similar to how BBtag does it.

I do agree that it is odd that CV didn't give Izaya any walking sprites but I guess it's due to the nature of CV being a turn based RPG and not a fighting game. (Although they gave Kimono Asuna and Maid Taiga walking sprites strangely enough.)

NEX

#9  July 08, 2022, 06:29:00 pm
Update

QCF Specials added. "Transporter & Client"

Izaya gains the assist of the headless rider, Celty Sturluson to bring to the fight.
I tried to make it similar to how it was in DBFC.

• • • •

QCF A:

QCF B:

• • • •

When Celty gets hit or if Izaya gets hit during the assist:

• • • •

Just like with the slash effects, Celty also has her own pallete separate from Izaya's:

Important
What these preview images show may or may not be in the final.

But what is not going to be in the final is Shizuo. I'm saying this just in case people are wondering if there is going be a Shzuo assist or something and no.
Mainly due to Shizuo already having an official moveset where as Izaya is an open canvas so to speak due to his limited sprites.

That is all. Hope you all have a good day.

NEX

#10  August 05, 2022, 12:24:07 pm
Hello.

I had to redo the character from scratch due to turning it into a HD character. (Characters that use the localcoord = 1280,720 )
Because of this, the character is now exclusive to mugen 1.1.
Now this did take a lot of time.

However, mostly everything that has been showcased has not only returned, but look better. The only thing missing is the Celty assist which I have not implemented yet. As of right now, I'm working on the counters. Specifically counter B and C.

Anyways. I am scaling Izaya to OHMSBY's character Aoko due to how many French Bread style mugen characters were created in their style.

I made a scuffed scaling chart to see what the right size the sprites should be.

And here is what it looks like in-game.

Anyways

That is all. Have a good day.