YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 930237 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1081  July 06, 2022, 11:33:08 pm
  • Forever loving but always working.
I had done every quest, so it was kinda sad to miss out on an SS memory. Needed just one more roll...

But other times luck ends being surprising...I was burning extra AP when I got Krohnen's 3PG.

#1082  July 07, 2022, 05:06:33 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Can I talk about how you somehow got Phantom Igniz where I may have to wait for a few months to unlock the last EQ stage :qq:

Still, ouch.  I played it safe and only bought 2 dice bundles as I had a grim feeling this would happen.  But nice on the 3PG! I burned another set of AP, and no dice here.

Spoiler: Datamine stuff (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 05:19:06 am by Kirishima
#1083  July 07, 2022, 07:17:41 pm
Can I talk about how you somehow got Phantom Igniz where I may have to wait for a few months to unlock the last EQ stage :qq:

What helped me the most was finding the best ratio of AP/buffs rewards. That's in EQ Episode 2, Chapter 3, Episode 2 with Angel. Sol Badguy made it comfortable to auto-battle since he can heal with his 3PG, enemies get stunned when they attack him, and he has the blue shield. I focused heavily on getting level 90 buffs because I thought it would mean easy BS memories for life. But the results were not as expected. Farming everyday only allows for only 1 NESTS BS memory per month. I thought I would be able to get all 3 of them monthly. So I decided to get EQ Igniz to A3 and use the free stones to get high CP for Chapter of Fight. Since then, we were able to get BS memories from guild raid rewards and I get about 1 blank BS/SS memory per month from the chests so I decided to get Igniz and the rest to A5 instead. It was not worth it anymore to save up 3 months of farming to trade for 1 blank BS memory.

EQ Igniz is actually strong and his boss battle was the most interesting...and epic.

I like the Datamine stuff...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:22:26 pm by ETSRL
#1084  July 18, 2022, 01:42:05 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/68343

New 4k rubies login along with the datamined Summer Mai event with even more rubies to be gained in a variety of modes.

All these rubies can only mean that a collab is inbound.

Also, the Exchange Shop is going to receive a much needed overhaul starting in August.

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/68348

Dream Match Season 2 announced!

The new update is live and whenever you select a specific category in Dream Match, a different track will play corresponding to them.  SFV, Tekken 7, even WWE now have newly made tracks of their own where as every other collab uses their unit's theme ranging from victory themes (Xrd) to their custom tracks (DoA6, 7DS, etc)
Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:51:48 am by Kirishima
#1085  July 19, 2022, 06:25:15 pm
I forgot about the anniversary. But okay, bring it on.

Dream Match Season 2 has lag as the worst problem. It's horrific. And they nerfed specials/damage in general, and there are bugged characters like EQ Igniz who can built his meter too quickly. And it's just not as exciting to play because now it's better to play in a manner similar to a "camper" in shooters. 

The medals are also badly configured, it should be win 100 matches or win 300 matches instead of win 100 matches in a row. I've gotten a lot of matches where I'm at like 47 wins then the next match has a weird disconnect and I automatically lose. Now I'm back to 0, but I also have 0 interest in counting wins again. Plus it makes it so a lot of good players just hide and only fight people with bad win rates so they can keep their W/L Ratio high.

Devs in a dev environment don't have all the BS that regular players have to deal with. I might make a video with Team Tetsuo (Krohnen, Nameless, BS Nameless) but otherwise I will wait for Season 3.
Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 06:29:48 pm by ETSRL
#1086  July 19, 2022, 06:51:17 pm
    • USA
thank god i quit the game. the bullshit was becoming too much
#1087  July 19, 2022, 08:00:07 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
#1088  July 19, 2022, 08:30:15 pm
thank god i quit the game. the bullshit was becoming too much

Are you sure? You're going to miss out on the upcoming banner, it will have a new character with bad rates. And if you are lucky enough to get it, then the content is all the same...so the game becomes stale again, until the next banner...rinse and repeat.

But seriously, I completely understand anyone who is quitting, the idea has been on my mind as well. I had high hopes for Dream Match but now that it's butchered...I'm just waiting...maybe it's my love for KOF but I don't know what I'm waiting for. I just know one day I won't have the willpower to deal with it anymore and that'll be it.
#1089  July 19, 2022, 09:02:30 pm
I think it's still a good time to jump back and earn the equivalent of 7 multipulls for the next banner, and if we get a collab, it may come with more coupon codes to redeem even more freebies.  Usually collabs bring back lapsed players as it brings very busted units that'll last a meta or two.  Whatever free unit they have will carry you throughout and they make it simpler to get it to A3.

Dream Match Season 2 has lag as the worst problem. It's horrific. And they nerfed specials/damage in general, and there are bugged characters like EQ Igniz who can built his meter too quickly. And it's just not as exciting to play because now it's better to play in a manner similar to a "camper" in shooters. 
And here I thought the issue was affecting my end.  My opponents keep snatching wins despite me on a lifelead  :shifty:

But yea, camping seems to be the go-to strategy that I had to switch to units with range grabs like EX-Angel.  Didn't know Phantom Igniz was hella busted now.  Gonna be an enjoyable week  :sick:
#1090  July 19, 2022, 09:25:47 pm
    • USA
I think it's still a good time to jump back and earn the equivalent of 7 multipulls for the next banner, and if we get a collab, it may come with more coupon codes to redeem even more freebies.  Usually collabs bring back lapsed players as it brings very busted units that'll last a meta or two.  Whatever free unit they have will carry you throughout and they make it simpler to get it to A3.

the problem is, they shouldn't have to bring in busted fighters that will be nerfed after like a month, just to bring back more player retention. If they just actually made the fucking game fun and viable, then this issue wouldn't exist
#1091  July 19, 2022, 09:58:20 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
All Netmarble have to do is give people the ability to make golds viable and all of a sudden they would make a lot of money from asking 24 memories to make '98 Takuma a dangerous yet not exactly meta breaking EX or something.

All Dream Match ever did was make me wish it was the only mode because I can actually use the characters I love without worrying about them getting stoned/feared/reflected 200k back for a 10k hit. And like it's great that some FES units are getting the Change Up treatment, but a lot more of them and golds should get it, and fast. Remember when blue Jin was able to shit on Nameless? lmfao

I'm glad my SS Kyo's finally Ascension 50 but I'm gonna have to wait another half year for the chance to even give him Change Up due to the nature of SS still being a limited p2w rarity...
#1092  July 19, 2022, 10:05:57 pm
All Netmarble have to do is give people the ability to make golds viable and all of a sudden they would make a lot of money from asking 24 memories to make '98 Takuma a dangerous yet not exactly meta breaking EX or something.
This so much.  Can even release missing year units or have an exclusive mode for Gold units (there is in Relay Dungeon but it's only once).  I just want to wreck stuff with Thug Cena  :qq:

Spoiler: I think I just found out what the likely next collab is... (click to see content)
#1093  July 20, 2022, 04:39:42 am
Gonna be an enjoyable week  :sick:

I'm glad people are enjoying it. Dream Match is my last hope for this game, so I sincerely hope they do something to address the lag. It breaks the experience. For every fighting game with online, the netcode decides its fate.

I was able to make the Team Tetsuo video. And I chose the matches with the least lag/most action but even here the lag/weirdness is in the gameplay. If it's someone watching a video, it might be fine but if playing then it is just bad.

Spoiler: no!!! (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:54:57 am by ETSRL
#1094  July 20, 2022, 09:27:06 pm
Phantom Igniz got nerfed lol
#1095  July 20, 2022, 11:38:11 pm
I do feel a bit bad for the devs. It's probably a small team working extra hard to bring Season 2, but maybe one of them was too tired and missed Igniz. Then they go to sleep and wake up to thousands of complaints about Igniz.
#1096  July 21, 2022, 12:22:52 pm

It has been over 2 years since the last All-Stars original and finally we get a new "Lady" Fighter for their 4th anniversary special.  And it's not Goeniko.

EX Shermie also added and in the trailer, Gato's model is shown.  No word whether he will be added to the general unit pool.

I'm sorta glad it is not THAT collab as I don't think the playerbase would be thrilled with the idea of 4 EX units at once.
Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 02:59:30 pm by Kirishima
#1097  July 21, 2022, 09:59:54 pm
I am hyped for Gato. But scared of Shermie. With Angel and Blue Mary already being deadly grapplers, I'm sure Shermie's grab moves will bring a new flavor of deadly. Choi went from being a slasher to being a tall sexy slasher. All this is good, not spectacular for an anniversary but good is still good. And it has not officially happened so it might be even better when it arrives.

Let's not forget that they probably make more money from KOF XV/AS units. The SF collab may have been more exciting, but a good portion of that money probably went to Capcom. With KOF XV, NM only pays SNK.

I just noticed the arrows could be hinting that Lady Choi might have a new mechanic where she can move after she uses her skill #2 and special move.

If less collabs but improved mechanics and content is the direction they're going, then I'm all for it.
Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 10:28:30 pm by ETSRL
#1098  July 21, 2022, 10:36:40 pm
I just noticed the arrows could be hinting that Lady Choi might have a new mechanic where she can move after she uses her skill #2 and special move.
Yeah that's what it looks like, in the super she moves in the same direction as the big blue arrows which indicate directional input.
Hoping Gato does join but I'll believe it when I see it. I like everything in that trailer. Having more grappling supers should mean they'll move away from modes relying on giant bosses that can't be grabbed, right ? I'm fine with dream match improvements but I hope it doesn't shift everything on PvP because I don't care for it. I'm not even touching Dream Match. Hopefully they got the message from the bingos where they tried to make us interact more with the guild and it caused a backlash and they had to scrap and replace those missions... Please don't try it again.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1099  July 21, 2022, 10:37:12 pm
There's a lot of room to give some changes to skills.  One concept I hope they tackle are Status Moves.  Let's say if Hwa Jai ever makes an appearance, one of his skills gives him the ability to consume a bottle that greatly alters his other skills while increasing cooldown to the Status Move.

And yea, free movement with Lady Choi's Super is a plus.  Helps managing enemies swarming from behind much better.  I imagine this is what a future FES+ Orochi Chris' super would end up like instead if the weird movement it currently has.

Also, Gato apparently will be given for free, much like how Sol Badguy, Chun-Li, and Marie Rose were via datamining.  Playing dailies hopefully will bring him to A3.

Hopefully they got the message from the bingos where they tried to make us interact more with the guild and it caused a backlash and they had to scrap and replace those missions... Please don't try it again.
The funny thing is that those Guild tasks made a return in the recent Khronen Bingo but now gives players the option to completely skip those and move on to the next board once they filled a specific tile amount.

The downside is that you lose out on 100 or so rubies but the rewards were meh to begin with.  They're likely gonna pull that stunt again while providing better rewards.

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/68558

For their 4th anniversary, there will be the usual layout.  Towers focusing on banner selections, Rush Dungeons, FES Cards, Special Craft section, etc.  Yea this doesn't scream "anniversary" if it's literally the same format since the past 4 or 5 events but that is just me.

XV Shermie is a Red Balance unit, Lady Choi is Green Defense, and Gato (who is now SS class) will be Yellow Balance.

The new draw is a unique banner section where you can get SS Gato by completing a plethora of events and redeem coins to spend to get him and his memories and freebies like EXP Capsules and Imprint Stones.  There will be a lot more free coins enough to go past A3 if you want but he will have his Change Up feature unlocked so overall you need 8 pulls to get him to A5 and another 3 to get the Change Up.  Or you can roll his memories to redeem for blank SS Memories.

A new Shop section will have Lady Choi's own FES Set Cards behind a paywall but will also come with loads of Summon Coins for Gato's banner.  Think carefully.
Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:31:56 am by Kirishima
#1100  July 23, 2022, 06:03:19 pm
Having more grappling supers should mean they'll move away from modes relying on giant bosses that can't be grabbed, right ?

Maybe not because someone like Blue Mary has her stun fang core effect that requires opponents that can't be grabbed, and Angel has a similar one.

I'm fine with dream match improvements but I hope it doesn't shift everything on PvP because I don't care for it. I'm not even touching Dream Match.
You're not missing out on much. After doing the daily farming, there is nothing left to do for me so sometimes I turn to PvP and playing against/with a real person always makes the experience different. But if there was more enjoyable content, then I would play PvP a lot less.

There's a lot of room to give some changes to skills.  One concept I hope they tackle are Status Moves.  Let's say if Hwa Jai ever makes an appearance, one of his skills gives him the ability to consume a bottle that greatly alters his other skills while increasing cooldown to the Status Move.

If they introduce something like this, it probably would require A5. And would be the "bonus" EX skill like max mode, concentrate, etc...

Also, Gato apparently will be given for free, much like how Sol Badguy, Chun-Li, and Marie Rose were via datamining.  Playing dailies hopefully will bring him to A3.
I hope we get a free change-up kit for the EX change up.

A new Shop section will have Lady Choi's own FES Set Cards behind a paywall but will also come with loads of Summon Coins for Gato's banner.  Think carefully.
This is interesting. If they can have set prices, then it makes it easier to know/prepare for stuff if you're willing to spend money. Especially since Rubies/Rates are more unreliable. But might also negatively grow the gap between players. I wonder how strong those set cards are when compared to the one from the banner...

Also where is the Gato trailer?!