YesNoOk

Birdie (CVS/POTS) (Read 11206 times)

Started by Rabano, January 21, 2023, 09:04:07 pm
Share this topic:
Birdie (CVS/POTS)
#1  January 21, 2023, 09:04:07 pm
    • Argentina
Just a little something I did, I took Varo_Hares Birdie and I edited it with some extra moves from Noctis Birdie.

Now he has the same moves the original Birdie + SF V Dolphin Dive, Bull Horn, Voice lines and LVL3 Super "Skip to my chain"

It took me a while but I think its ready to be use, but in case someone found a bug or missing feature, just tell me so I can fix it as soon as I can.

I hope you like it ^^

Credits to Varo_Hares and Noctis.

Download Link ----------------------------------> https://www.mediafire.com/file/4omerrrun3fts83/Birdie+POTS.rar/file
Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:42:37 am by Rabano
Re: Birdie (CVS/POTS)
#2  January 21, 2023, 10:45:52 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
OMG ! What a great idea!
I'm testing it right now!
Thanks for the release!
#3  January 21, 2023, 11:39:24 pm
    • Mexico

thanks for sharing like
#4  January 22, 2023, 02:12:21 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
First impression is pretty good.
The negative edge version of his d,f+P special always does the LP version.
Also, a movelist would have been nice.
Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 03:39:25 am by Toni
#5  January 22, 2023, 04:09:19 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Seems like a good start so far, but a lot of the frame data & hitboxes on the moves feels off, & the supers do way too much damage.
(I also prefer the charge motion Street Fighter Alpha had for Bull Head as opposed to the QCF motion Street Fighter V does, but that's just me, personally.)
#6  January 22, 2023, 06:44:20 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Good work buddy, thanks!

PS: Have a chance for you put the original badaboom fonts in text of Supers?
#7  January 22, 2023, 08:18:04 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Just a little something I did, I took Varo_Hares Birdie and I edited it with some extra moves from Noctis Birdie.

Now he has the same moves the original Birdie + SF V Dolphin Dive, Bull Horn, Voice lines and LVL3 Super "Skip to my chain"

It took me a while but I think its ready to be use, but in case someone found a bug or missing feature, just tell me so I can fix it as soon as I can.

I hope you like it ^^

Credits to Varo_Hares and Noctis.

Download Link ----------------------------------> https://www.mediafire.com/file/kwdghhkcfy7dwv6/Birdie+POTS.rar/file

This is better than original one, but I think I'm about to use it later.
#8  January 22, 2023, 08:33:05 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Unlike your preview screenshots, the effect for his lv3 super doesn't have transparency for me for some reason.
#9  January 22, 2023, 09:24:35 am
    • Brazil
If you used Varo Hades' character as a base and didn't fix any of it's many many problems, then this is just as bad as the original.
#10  January 22, 2023, 12:36:12 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Unlike your preview screenshots, the effect for his lv3 super doesn't have transparency for me for some reason.

didn't forget to use addition transparency on animation. and of course, only 1.1 and Ikemen would ever used that.
Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 01:26:58 pm by WF4123
#11  January 22, 2023, 01:07:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I recommand to edit his feet position during bull horn (anti air move)
would look more natural (right now, looks like he's standing in mid air)

A move list would be useful ^^

still testing.
#12  January 22, 2023, 02:48:10 pm
    • Argentina
I've wake up and started improving the stuff you're saying

Seems like a good start so far, but a lot of the frame data & hitboxes on the moves feels off, & the supers do way too much damage.
(I also prefer the charge motion Street Fighter Alpha had for Bull Head as opposed to the QCF motion Street Fighter V does, but that's just me, personally.)

I've started looking at that and Im trying to see how can I improve it, I also lowered the damage of not only his supers but some specials too.

Also, I tried to change Bull Head from a command move to a charge motion move, and I'll say I like it more, so now its just like in the Alpha Games.

PS: Have a chance for you put the original badaboom fonts in text of Supers?

I can do and I'll probably do it, I just wanted to add a bit more personality if different characters has a different font for their supers, but I guess the Badaboom font its just too iconic for POTS character.

That's weird, I tested it in 1.1 and 1.0 Mugen and it worked fine, but if its something that happen in a lot of cases I'll replace the effect.

I recommand to edit his feet position during bull horn (anti air move)
would look more natural (right now, looks like he's standing in mid air)

A move list would be useful ^^

I wish I can do that, but that's what I had, and I can't make one myself because when I add a new sprites from another char, even if it has the same colors, it just get screw up with the palettes. until I found out a way to fix it I'll have to keep it that way.

Also, yeah, I feel kinda dumb for forgetting a Move List, I'll include it once I update the link

Sorry, I though this was in a finished state, I'll work hard to fix him.
#13  January 22, 2023, 05:53:17 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I wish I can do that, but that's what I had, and I can't make one myself because when I add a new sprites from another char, even if it has the same colors, it just get screw up with the palettes. until I found out a way to fix it I'll have to keep it that way.
Just using the same colors isn't enough. They also have to be correctly indexed.
Birdie doesn't seem to include a template palette, but maybe this can help at least a bit.
#14  January 22, 2023, 06:46:02 pm
    • Argentina
Just using the same colors isn't enough. They also have to be correctly indexed.
Birdie doesn't seem to include a template palette, but maybe this can help at least a bit.

I'll take that into concideration for future chars, I also want to make another version of Dee Jay for example.

On a different note, the "The negative edge version of his d,f+P special always does the LP version." I dont know how to fix it, I'll try to do it before reuploading the link
#15  January 22, 2023, 08:33:54 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
I was never a fan of Birdie, specially after his SFA appearance.

But I never realized that all he needed was a good voice pack. Heck! I never realized he hardly talked in SFA!

His AI seems balanced against other chars, and it's enjoyable to see fight.

I am now adding this char to my Street Fighter MUGEN game, and my MvC IKEMEN-GO roster.

Thank you for your hard work.  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#16  January 22, 2023, 10:29:15 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Some more bugs:
- The punch counter doesn't work (as in, the counter happens, but it doesn't hit).
- His lv3 is coded as a special instead of a super.
Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:04:06 am by Toni
#17  January 24, 2023, 01:23:36 am
    • Argentina
I Updated the link with some fixes and changes.

-Decrease the damage of his specials and supers
-Changed "Bull Head" from a Command move to a Charge Motion Move.
-Added a movelist
-lv3 is coded as a Hyper.
-fixed the Punch Zero Counter
-Retweaked some moves and normals to be a bit more faster
-Kick/Punch after Evade have different properties
Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:44:32 am by Rabano
#18  January 24, 2023, 02:06:38 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
To fix the negative edge commands in Bull Head, you have to go to the special, find the part that changes the strength depending on which button is pressed and add the code to make it do the same on button releases.

So, instead of this
Code:
[State 1001, Varset]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = Time = 0
var(10) = ifelse((command="y"),1,ifelse((command="z"),2,0))
IgnoreHitPause = 1
Persistent = 1

it reads this
Code:
[State 1001, Varset]
type = VarSet
triggerall = Time = 0
trigger1 = Time = 0
var(10) = ifelse((command="y" || command="rlsy"),1,ifelse((command="z" || command="rlsz"),2,0))
IgnoreHitPause = 1
Persistent = 1

There's also a small mistake in the move list for The Birdie: both versions show *Hold* B, F, B, B instead of *Hold* B, F, B, F

Pretty good update otherwise.
#19  January 24, 2023, 02:43:44 am
    • Argentina
Thanks you, I fixed it and Upload it again.

#20  January 25, 2023, 04:16:05 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
This sounds great, congrats on the release!