YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio Suddenly Stopped Working (Read 22150 times)

Started by ZolidSone, March 09, 2022, 06:04:58 am
Share this topic:
Fighter Factory Studio Suddenly Stopped Working
#1  March 09, 2022, 06:04:58 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So today, I was getting Fighter Factory Studio up as usual and realized the program isn't opening for some reason. It is the latest version on ViruallTek's site, which is 3.6.3. The loading icon appears near the mouse icon and doesn't start up. I took a look a Task Manager and realized the program appears on the background processes briefly, but disappears 3 seconds later. I restarted my computer and reinstalled it several times, but the program no longer wants to open. Without Fighter Factory Studio, I can no longer make small portraits using the Image Editor as that's the primary tool I use to make them. I could use Fighter Factory 3 as it still works fine and boots up on my Windows 10 computer, but the tool isn't as refined as Studio's and can't switch between other palettes.

Reinstalling it also gives me this error and clicking "Retry" keeps leaving me to it:

After clicking "Ignore" and manages to install, the program still won't open for me.

Edit: Issue resolved. Check the #5 post.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 10:12:53 pm by ZolidSone
Re: Fighter Factory Studio Suddenly Stopped Working
#2  March 09, 2022, 06:29:59 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
I suffered this same situation too pal, I tried to report this problem in the original thread but I can't find any words to describe it until you came along, anyways, is there anyone else out there who can help us in this problem?
#3  March 10, 2022, 05:56:52 am
    • Mexico
So today, I was getting Fighter Factory Studio up as usual and realized the program isn't opening for some reason. It is the latest version on ViruallTek's site, which is 3.6.3. The loading icon appears near the mouse icon and doesn't start up. I took a look a Task Manager and realized the program appears on the background processes briefly, but disappears 3 seconds later. I restarted my computer and reinstalled it several times, but the program no longer wants to open. Without Fighter Factory Studio, I can no longer make small portraits using the Image Editor as that's the primary tool I use to make them. I could use Fighter Factory 3 as it still works fine and boots up on my Windows 10 computer, but the tool isn't as refined as Studio's and can't switch between other palettes.

Reinstalling it also gives me this error and clicking "Retry" keeps leaving me to it:

After clicking "Ignore" and manages to install, the program still won't open for me.

maybe you need to run that installer separate from the installation?

also, I guess you have tried to left click on the 3.6.3 installer and select "run as admin"?

"There's a time to live, there's a time to die, but no one can escape the destiny....."

HD5

#4  January 31, 2023, 04:46:52 pm
    • Philippines
I get pissed off when the original poster doesn't at least reply to the progress of the issue solving. Anyway, same. I have been dealing with this problem now and I'm not sure with what to do. I've tried reinstalling and even tried to reinstall the older versions, but no shot. I also had the same issue with the Microsoft Visual. At first, the program ran fine, then it stopped. What the hell did I do wrong? Do y'all know how to fix this issue?
#5  January 31, 2023, 10:11:50 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since this issue was necrobumped that I posted, I actually had this resolved a couple of months ago. Here was the solution I posted on the Fighter Factory Studio thread:
After uninstalling Fighter Factory Studio and taking a looking at AppData subfolder like you said, there is still a folder of it with 4 xml files (config, history, mugen_config and shortcuts). Once I deleted them and reinstalling it, the program now opens and works again. So all this time, buggy configuration data files were left over that weren't properly removed after uninstalling and was preventing the program from opening after reinstallation. No one ever mentioned something that technical when I asked for help months ago. Even Fighter Factory 3 never installed anything on the AppData subfolder as everything to get it to run was all in the zip.

Hope this helps anyone. Now I should mark this as resolved. After finally using Fighter Factory Studio again, I occasionally get some specific crashes. But that's an separate issue entirely.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

HD5

#6  February 01, 2023, 01:54:24 am
    • Philippines
Unfortunately there isn't a Fighter Factory folder in my appdata. Are there any ways that I can view the four xml files or is there an alternative solution to this? Sorry for necrobumping, I just don't like using the Fighter Factory thread alone because it becomes convoluted with other people's questions....
#7  February 01, 2023, 04:45:44 pm
Since this issue was necrobumped that I posted, I actually had this resolved a couple of months ago. Here was the solution I posted on the Fighter Factory Studio thread:
After uninstalling Fighter Factory Studio and taking a looking at AppData subfolder like you said, there is still a folder of it with 4 xml files (config, history, mugen_config and shortcuts). Once I deleted them and reinstalling it, the program now opens and works again. So all this time, buggy configuration data files were left over that weren't properly removed after uninstalling and was preventing the program from opening after reinstallation. No one ever mentioned something that technical when I asked for help months ago. Even Fighter Factory 3 never installed anything on the AppData subfolder as everything to get it to run was all in the zip.

Hope this helps anyone. Now I should mark this as resolved. After finally using Fighter Factory Studio again, I occasionally get some specific crashes. But that's an separate issue entirely.

thanks for sharing.
It could be helpful in the future.

but the developer won't remove user settings usually. since they expect remove and re-install the software you user setting will still remian for user experience.
but sometime it's because the user setting is wrong that way the user want to re-install.
#8  February 17, 2023, 03:10:17 pm
  • Life is not daijobu
    • Paraguay
    • sites.google.com/view/tornillo-oxidado-edits/characters?authuser=0
Unfortunately there isn't a Fighter Factory folder in my appdata. Are there any ways that I can view the four xml files or is there an alternative solution to this? Sorry for necrobumping, I just don't like using the Fighter Factory thread alone because it becomes convoluted with other people's questions....

Sorry if i'm being late, but it's located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local