Tekken 8  (Read 403152 times)

Started by videoman, September 14, 2022, 12:28:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 8
#141  March 28, 2023, 07:40:19 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Chizuru, what are you doing there? That's not your family!

She is probably angry because SNK didn't brought back her sister from the dead, so she went to the Tekken earth

Jokes aside, nice trailer
#142  March 29, 2023, 02:35:12 pm
    • Netherlands

Xiaoyu trailer
Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 05:08:31 pm by StevenB
#143  March 29, 2023, 03:53:04 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 03:56:19 pm by yaret
#144  March 29, 2023, 04:19:40 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I can confirm H&M stores have undergone renovations and our new founder, Leroy Smith, now overlooks all that is drip.

#145  March 29, 2023, 07:21:44 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I just hope characters have proper arcade mode endings this time and not whatever the hell was that thing they did in 7.
#146  March 30, 2023, 02:28:58 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Kind of hoping so as well... speaking of story, the bios for each of the characters revealed so far are up. Here's where we are.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#147  March 30, 2023, 03:10:41 am
So basically, same old same old but worse for our heroes.

Over 25 years later and they are still using Tekken 3 as a base for some.

God dammit.
Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 03:17:47 am by Kirishima
#148  March 30, 2023, 05:21:07 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Kind of hoping so as well... speaking of story, the bios for each of the characters revealed so far are up. Here's where we are.

So basically, same old same old but worse for our heroes.

God dammit.

I guess that has something to do with the fact that Tekken 3 is the highest-selling Tekken game of all times
#149  March 30, 2023, 06:18:40 am
Spoiler: Yea about that... (click to see content)

But yea, it's a no brainer and pretty sure she confessed at some point.

There has been some gameplay notes passed to influences with hands-on notes and right now, the gameplay heavily favors aggressive offense instead of the defensive playstyle we have seen in past literations.

Doesn't help that I'm gonna be subjected to seeing blue flame power ups every couple of seconds.

Other changes includes Rage Arts at -13 and not launch punishable, adjustments to get-up attacks and how it will no longer cause knockdown, backdashes now worst for some, hold forward to auto-run like it's Blazblue Tag, chip damage is a thing (oh boy).
#150  March 30, 2023, 09:38:53 am

Speaking of this

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#151  April 02, 2023, 09:36:41 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org

Man, Leroy's back, my man!
#152  April 02, 2023, 02:22:26 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm really surprised by this current stream of reveals. I wonder if that means the launch roster is gonna be really big? Outside of Leroy and Jun most of the characters are still the more or less standard fare Tekken characters though. I think we're missing mostly Yoshimitsu, Lili and Alisa I think now?
#153  April 02, 2023, 02:41:00 pm
#154  April 02, 2023, 03:13:16 pm
    • USA
It's good to see Leroy back. The dude is the master of all the drip. I wonder if he'll have moves where the doggo is involved like in 7... and also, it makes me want to see Fahkumram come back as well. I need my big Muay Thai boy.

Asuka coming back is also nice to see since she was basically the pseudo-Jun from her debut in 5 until now. It also means that Lili is not that far off from making her presence known here.
#155  April 02, 2023, 04:05:24 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I'm really surprised by this current stream of reveals. I wonder if that means the launch roster is gonna be really big? Outside of Leroy and Jun most of the characters are still the more or less standard fare Tekken characters though. I think we're missing mostly Yoshimitsu, Lili and Alisa I think now?

I don't think either Lili or Alisa are that important. Yoshimitsu, on the other hand, is a perfect attendance character, and outside of him the only other character I'd consider a "must have" is Hwoarang. Anna and Lei should be too, but they've been sidelined so much in previous titles.
#156  April 02, 2023, 04:53:43 pm
    • Netherlands

I don't think either Lili or Alisa are that important. Yoshimitsu, on the other hand, is a perfect attendance character, and outside of him the only other character I'd consider a "must have" is Hwoarang. Anna and Lei should be too, but they've been sidelined so much in previous titles.

Oh true, I forgot about Hwoarang, I feel like he's pretty much guaranteed to shop up (and Kuma too, considering). Neither Lili nor Alisa are pretty important no but I think since either character's introduction they've been launch characters since due to their popularity.

Yoshimitsu not being revealed yet probably has to do with his appeareance being so drastically different each game. The Tekken 7 one really grew on me so I'm curious if they'll be able to surpass that.
#157  April 02, 2023, 06:00:27 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
It's good to see Leroy back.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I find Leroy to be absolutely bland and quite silly.
Wasn't surprised when he was revealed for 8 since he's really popular, but I'm in no way excited as some people are.
#158  April 02, 2023, 09:00:10 pm
  • Raging Fist
Man, I'll be killing my wallet in anticipation for this game now. Every char is in their fighting prime, Jun Kazama's back, LEROY is returning, so I'll be giving some Jenkins style whoopass, All we need is maybe Ogre, Yoshimitsu in his badass samurai form, or idk Demon Heihachi and we got something worth playing for years on end  :steel:
#159  April 02, 2023, 10:47:46 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

Lili and Alisa are very popular characters though. They're pretty much guaranteed to return and at this point you're not going to have Asuka and Lars respectively without them.
#160  April 03, 2023, 04:05:10 am
    • USA
A few more story tidbits to add, BTW...