YesNoOk

The 10,000 NGBC Drama slots of M.U.G.E.N (Read 42694 times)

Started by Sepp, February 12, 2006, 08:10:13 pm
Re: The 10,000 NGBC Drama slots of M.U.G.E.N
#41  February 13, 2006, 02:18:15 am
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
This topic doesn't have a hundred replies yet. I bet once we get it up to eighty, he'll start using proper paragraph structure. 

#42  February 13, 2006, 02:23:17 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Not just Slayer Gatsu but many other topics like this one in which a particular group of people get together to bash a certain creation and discount it as constructive feedback (O Ilu, TDS, etc*)
I had one of these about me? SWEET!
Unless you can tell us what exactly you edited however I must agree with these haters.

It isn't like me to doubt something Winane says.
#43  February 13, 2006, 02:43:26 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
You made this forum so that average users can’t even request things- and got rid of all the things that made guild popular in the first place- (character of the week/month/year, the database, etc.).  You make it as though this place is for elitists and that those who don’t fit the mold have to be excommunicated.  

Woah there, we aren't talking about wheter you like the forum's rules or not are we?  ::)
Stop being an 8 year old and swallowing your damn pride.
Now did you steal that plugin or not?
#44  February 13, 2006, 03:01:12 am
    • Peru

Nuff said.
I think this is one of these situations called "legal voids" where there is no law that regulates some kind of behavior.

My thoughts about this:
Isn't all that bad, but If he doesn't accept he didn't touch any line of code, maximun penalty should be applied.
#45  February 13, 2006, 03:09:24 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Thanks Renzo, i should take the haters side, not because they all are against DJ-VAN, but because of the proof above.
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#46  February 13, 2006, 03:17:41 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
If you don't have access to the program Renzo is using try this:

import java.io.*;

public class bitcomparator
{
   public static void main(String args[])throws IOException
   {
      System.out.println("Opening "+args[0]+" for reading.");
      FileInputStream file1 = new FileInputStream(args[0]);
      System.out.println("Opening "+args[1]+" for reading.");
      FileInputStream file2 = new FileInputStream(args[1]);
      int one = file1.available();
      int two = file2.available();
      if(one!=two)
      {
         System.out.println("The two files are not equal length.");
         System.exit(0);
      }
      for(int n=0;n<one;n++)
         if(file1.read()!=file2.read())
         {
            System.out.println("The two files do not match.");
            System.exit(0);
         }
      System.out.println("Match!");   
      System.exit(0);
   }
}

I had doubts, I just HAD to test it.
#47  February 13, 2006, 04:14:08 am
Wouldn't renaming the file be modifying it and in his opinion make the plugin better by putting his name on it  :P

Mugen-Infantry
#48  February 13, 2006, 04:15:03 am
  • Solid V
    • www.mugen-infantry.net/
The CRC check will indicate that it’s the same dll obviously. And I’ve already said- even in the release- and in the read me here for the mp3 plugin: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=34328.msg321622#msg321622

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=36140.msg217771#msg217771

“Get the best mp3 plugin.  
This was not supplied in the WinMugen most of you downloaded, however, it came with the private beta version of WinMugen, given only to those who donated. This version was specially configured for WinMugen by Elecbyte and can be found here.”
-Was in the Guide

“I’ve modified a version of the plugin I originally suggested people should use in my “Converting to WinMugen” topic which does not skip.”
-Was in the best plugin topic

In the readme it also stated that is was a slightly modified version.  So if I already said that it was modified and told you what the original version of the dll then what am I denying? The reason why the CRC checks out the same is because all I did was configure some settings like the buffering and the chip type which can be done through the configuration panel in Winamp.  I renamed it to DJ-VAN.dll and made the best plugin type to see if it made a difference. I personally noticed a difference by changing the buffer values- one of the reasons for mp3’s skipping in mugen, but I wanted to make sure this was not just happening for me.  I also changed the name because I didn’t want to overwrite the original dll just so I’d have a backup of the dll with all the original settings.

I told all this to Black Jack one morning on aim, but he said I stole it. So I said that was petty and ended the conversation.

I personally never thought anything of it- and if it was that big of a deal then something should have been said when I made the original best mp3 plugin topic.  But because nothing was said and I included the modified version in the EVE Battle release all of a sudden it’s a big deal when the topic got 100 replies.  Which was my reason for the 100+ comment. If this was about copyrights then please don’t support copyrighted songs with creations.

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#49  February 13, 2006, 04:24:14 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
DJ-Van made the Mugen engine and the best Winmugen mp3 dll period.  95% of the posters in this topic are just a bunch of player haters.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#50  February 13, 2006, 04:26:42 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
@DJ-VAN:  So you believed that the settings were stored in the DLL itself, rather than in an INI file?  ???
Even though you appear to know something about what CRCs are?  ???

@Messatsu:  Damnit, don't force me to use "@" signs in my post by replying too quickly!  >:(

Edit:  Whoops, little correction.  Some plug-ins use "plugin.ini", some use "[plug-in's name].ini", and some (including Nullsoft's in_mp3.dll) use "[calling program's name].ini".  Briefly forgot about that detail, sorry.
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#51  February 13, 2006, 04:28:24 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
@DJ-VAN: I think the main problem was you renaming it to your name and saying it was your own.

From now on if you know how to "tweak" something to make it work better just post what to tweak. You wouldn't upload Evil Ryu modified to be named Violent Ryu and upload the file as DJ-Van.rar would you?

In short be VERY careful on what you place your name on and make sure to credit abundantly. And if you can just post a tutorial on how to adjust certain settings then do so.
#52  February 13, 2006, 05:08:04 am
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
@DJ-VAN: I think the main problem was you renaming it to your name and saying it was your own.

From now on if you know how to "tweak" something to make it work better just post what to tweak. You wouldn't upload Evil Ryu modified to be named Violent Ryu and upload the file as DJ-Van.rar would you?

In short be VERY careful on what you place your name on and make sure to credit abundantly. And if you can just post a tutorial on how to adjust certain settings then do so.

OS Is Right DJ-VAN, Your Screen pack is good, but not try to claim credits than don't belong to you... I say it from my experience...

Moo
Poncho

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
#53  February 13, 2006, 05:48:51 am
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Are you going to wait for THIS to happen to you?

:hanged:

You're dodging the issue.
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/

MachinaWeapon

#54  February 13, 2006, 05:59:00 am
You made this forum so that average users can’t even request things- and got rid of all the things that made guild popular in the first place- (character of the week/month/year, the database, etc.).  You make it as though this place is for elitists and that those who don’t fit the mold have to be excommunicated.  

Woah there, we aren't talking about wheter you like the forum's rules or not are we?  ::)
Stop being an 8 year old and swallowing your damn pride.
Now did you steal that plugin or not?

I just noticed that was a rather terrible misuse of excommunicate.

Success Breeds Hatred
Ah. Sounds like something a mainstream rapper would say...
#55  February 13, 2006, 06:14:33 am
    • Peru
DJ Van said:
The CRC check will indicate that it’s the same dll obviously.
Don't misunderstand me for what I'm going to say, Sir.
With that statement you demonstrate you don't know jack about programming. What I posted was the result of a byte-by-byte comparison utility, not a CRC checker or whatever.

BTW, I see no sense in keep posting here.
#56  February 13, 2006, 07:28:44 am
  • Solid V
    • www.mugen-infantry.net/
DJ Van said:
The CRC check will indicate that it’s the same dll obviously.
Don't misunderstand me for what I'm going to say, Sir.
With that statement you demonstrate you don't know jack about programming. What I posted was the result of a byte-by-byte comparison utility, not a CRC checker or whatever.

BTW, I see no sense in keep posting here.

I haven't seen a reason to post here since the topic started besides from keeping it from being one sided. If I wasn't clear by saying it was modified and telling you where it was from then I'm sorry Black Jack ???

BTW I'm not into programming I glanced at the app and figured it was a crc checker Renzo.

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#57  February 13, 2006, 07:42:18 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Reply Nº 57.
#58  February 13, 2006, 07:48:24 am
Ground breaking thread in the making, people.
#59  February 13, 2006, 07:52:02 am
Do geriatrics count as women?
#60  February 13, 2006, 08:02:07 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
I wonder if a response from DJ-VAN to reply #50 might help get this over with a bit more quickly and efficiently. :muh: :rolleyes5:

Asstech Solder:
Why are you taking their (our?) seriousness so seriously?  :mngry:
  Nevermind, topic split.

Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )