Started by Sepp, August 27, 2007, 01:16:44 am
Share this topic:
Auction alert
#1  August 27, 2007, 01:16:44 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Post about it here when people try to sell MUGEN.

You can also post "templates" to use in such cases.

@Seller

I am [xxx] and this is not a question.

You are selling Elecbyte's free M.U.G.E.N 2d fighting game engine, with characters fan-made by countless people. Among these are Phantom of the Server, warusaki3, Byakko, Splode, Sander, Reu, FlowaGirl, Big Eli King, Deuce, Sunboy and Tenshin, to name just a few. You are illegally making profit from Elecbyte's and all these other persons' free work without their permission and against the license agreement. You should be ashamed. Et cetera.

I know or have been in contact with all of the aforementioned M.U.G.E.N fans. Elecbyte may no longer be around to sue you. But--as you must know, what with downloading our stuff and all--remnants of a M.U.G.E.N community still exist.

And you have just made yourself a few thousand enemies.

Do not carry on selling the M.U.G.E.N engine.

@Bidder

Hi.

You have been bidding on an article named Marvel Vs Streetfighter DVD Capcom for PC.

My name is [xxx] and you do not know me, but I feel obliged to inform you that this auction by [yyy] is an illegal attempt to rip unsuspecting bidders off. The auction is not about a Capcom game. It is Elecbyte's free 2d fighting engine, name of M.U.G.E.N.

The version you have been bidding on is filled exclusively with characters and stages fan-made by other people, in their free time, for no profit. (The article includes several characters from http://www.mugenguild.com/~pots/ and [link to Byakko's page which no longer exists!] and a hundred other pages.)

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=38774.0

*more templates here*
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:12:15 pm by Sepp
Re: Auction alert
#2  August 27, 2007, 01:44:42 am
  • He got his ass pwned
y would ppl sell their char to other ppl
#3  August 27, 2007, 01:45:07 am
    • Germany
not theirs, others.
#4  August 27, 2007, 01:46:37 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Mugen has a long history of people using things released on the web and making a quick buck off of them.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#5  August 27, 2007, 01:52:06 am
  • He got his ass pwned
that is very low selling char for money
#6  August 27, 2007, 02:11:25 am
  • Searching with my Good Eye Closed
They still do it anyway.
#7  August 27, 2007, 02:12:05 am
  • He got his ass pwned
stupid ppl and even stupider ppl for even buying
#8  August 27, 2007, 02:15:32 am
  • Yume De Aetara fanboy of the highest caliber!
    • www.esnips.com/user/urzaspalettes
A fool and their money are easily parted.

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#9  August 27, 2007, 02:37:32 am
  • The Unknown and Rarely Posting Global Mod
Sepp, why aren't you gonna post your templates? They were pretty decent in my opinion.
#10  August 27, 2007, 04:17:42 am
Its so sad to see free creations being sold on auction sites for $ but $ makes the world go round and come people make a dishonest living...
#11  August 27, 2007, 04:21:13 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#12  August 27, 2007, 04:34:26 am
  • dance dance
people do it because no one can stop them.
It's just that simple  :-\
#13  August 27, 2007, 04:42:53 am
    • Germany
yeah, but here it's actually worth trying to stop them, unlike "omg that guy sent my char to some other guy! how could he!" :P
#14  August 27, 2007, 04:44:50 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I wouldn't say "no one can stop them", people won't buy those things if you tell them it's free.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#15  August 27, 2007, 04:48:52 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
haha

I bet this is going to end with an "Post your auctions here" topic in MFG. :mugoi:
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#16  August 27, 2007, 05:21:06 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I wouldn't say "no one can stop them", people won't buy those things if you tell them it's free.

I wouldn't be too sure. I'm pretty sure there are people out there who know what Mugen is, and would pay for a bunch of characters if they were hard to find/offline/privates.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#17  August 27, 2007, 12:46:49 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Added the two messages I once used to the first post.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#18  August 28, 2007, 02:44:45 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
this topic goes along with the official guild torrent.
#19  August 28, 2007, 03:47:05 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Auctions easily can make bidders hidden. :innocent:

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#20  August 28, 2007, 03:53:14 am
Wait....um....not only is this free and those people are stupid for buying it, but, they're also committing an illegal act by doing so....Mugen is only legal because it's being used freely....though, people still rip music to CDs and such,  ;P

But yeah....lame....