YesNoOk

Roster Expansion (Read 2426 times)

Started by insanedaemon, September 02, 2007, 04:03:16 pm
Share this topic:
Roster Expansion
#1  September 02, 2007, 04:03:16 pm
Right. As the topic suggests, I am in need of roster expansion. I have seen so many 800 char rosters and all that crazy jive, but I have some... 12 chars uploaded and only have access to 8. Sorry, I'm still getting the hang of it all. At some point, I'd like to get around to making life bars and stuff, because that crazy default one isn't cutting it.

Anyway, if anybody can set me straight on how I can expand my roster visually, I would be most appreciative.
Re: Roster Expansion
#2  September 02, 2007, 04:24:19 pm
  • THATS MR HASEO TO YOU
    • haseo.ucoz.com/
unless you can edit your current screenpack to fit more chars (which i assume you cant since youre new and all) your only chance is to get another screenpack, most of them allows for tons of chars so pick the one you like more
#3  September 02, 2007, 04:44:22 pm
So that's what a screenpack is... thank you. Now, I'll be back if I find anything tricky about installing it. I must admit, mugen is more of a dream fighting game for me at the moment. Perhaps it will elevate to the hobby of my choice eventually, but right now I think it's too damn cool to be able to play with up to your hard drive's limit in characters.

edit: I have my new screenpack, but my characters won't load into it. Do I have to redirect them into another folder or something?
Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:55:13 pm by insanedaemon
#4  September 02, 2007, 06:32:54 pm
  • heh i create stages...
    • www.freewebs.com/nlck09
So that's what a screenpack is... thank you. Now, I'll be back if I find anything tricky about installing it. I must admit, mugen is more of a dream fighting game for me at the moment. Perhaps it will elevate to the hobby of my choice eventually, but right now I think it's too damn cool to be able to play with up to your hard drive's limit in characters.

edit: I have my new screenpack, but my characters won't load into it. Do I have to redirect them into another folder or something?

put the names of your characters in the select.def file
#5  September 02, 2007, 07:31:47 pm
Well, the thing about that is...

I downloaded mugen with the default screenpack. You know, 10 char slots available. I downloaded a bunch of chars and all was well. I played mugen and my life was all the more complete. (I'm not that fanatical though...)

However, after downloading the screenpack, my characters, aside from KFM, disappeared. They are still saved as loaded in the DEF file 'select', but... they don't show up in the character select screen.

Hence, my problem. Is there a seperate 'select.DEF' file for the new screenpack or something?
#6  September 02, 2007, 07:34:10 pm
  • heh i create stages...
Well, the thing about that is...

I downloaded mugen with the default screenpack. You know, 10 char slots available. I downloaded a bunch of chars and all was well. I played mugen and my life was all the more complete. (I'm not that fanatical though...)

However, after downloading the screenpack, my characters, aside from KFM, disappeared. They are still saved as loaded in the DEF file 'select', but... they don't show up in the character select screen.

Hence, my problem. Is there a seperate 'select.DEF' file for the new screenpack or something?

yes most likely an new select.def file came with your new screenpack....
#7  September 02, 2007, 11:42:02 pm
got it now, thank you for your help. *happydance*
#8  September 02, 2007, 11:54:46 pm
  • heh i create stages...