YesNoOk

XML (Read 5775 times)

Started by Playa of hell, September 03, 2007, 03:40:17 am
Share this topic:
XML
#1  September 03, 2007, 03:40:17 am
  • He got his ass pwned
Hey there guys i would like to know what xml is and if it is indeed usefull could u post  a site where i could learn it. Thnx
Re: XML
#2  September 03, 2007, 06:34:17 am
    • Peru
Think of XML as a standard way to represent information, but in the end, XML itself is useless. You have to find an application for it to release the true potential.

To give you an example, think of XML as the letters of the alphabet. The letters themselves are not useful until you start writting in an apropiate language, like English.

In XML you use tags to represent data, like this <myTag param="1">MyData</myTag> or like HTML tags.

The reason to use XML is the need to integrate systems in a simple way. For example, in the bank I work there are a lot of old programs that have to interact with newer programs; instead of changing the old programs, the engineers just developed an XML interface and the new programs can query data from them. That's called a web service.
#3  September 03, 2007, 08:04:09 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
I just want to know what the hell made you think XML might be of use to you. o_O
#4  September 03, 2007, 08:40:11 am
    • Peru
Maybe he wants to write a XSL template to translate XML data to CNS :)
#5  September 04, 2007, 01:26:05 pm
    • Germany
you have no idea whatsoever what xml is, but you want to learn it? that... doesn't make any sense >_<
#6  September 04, 2007, 01:38:10 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#7  September 04, 2007, 01:38:57 pm
    • Germany
uninnovative, 6/10
#8  September 04, 2007, 01:43:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't care. 8) I have more than 5/10, therefore I've successfully passed my exam. :sugoi:
#9  September 06, 2007, 02:37:14 pm
  • He got his ass pwned
Think of XML as a standard way to represent information, but in the end, XML itself is useless. You have to find an application for it to release the true potential.

To give you an example, think of XML as the letters of the alphabet. The letters themselves are not useful until you start writting in an apropiate language, like English.

In XML you use tags to represent data, like this <myTag param="1">MyData</myTag> or like HTML tags.

The reason to use XML is the need to integrate systems in a simple way. For example, in the bank I work there are a lot of old programs that have to interact with newer programs; instead of changing the old programs, the engineers just developed an XML interface and the new programs can query data from them. That's called a web service.
hey man thnx for that even though xml is really useless thnx anywat
#10  September 07, 2007, 04:15:47 am
    • Peru
O-KAY :S
Next time you browse Amazon, Make a search in Google, Listen music in iTunes or you just open a webpage ask yourself if XML is useless.
#11  September 07, 2007, 09:16:59 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
Think of XML as a standard way to represent information, but in the end, XML itself is useless.

God that is so accurate.

XML is a tagged mark-up tree that is used to identify an informational structure.

http://w3schools.com/xml/default.asp <- I highly reccomend this site.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S