YesNoOk

pots's cvs constants (Read 3180 times)

Started by Cornholio, October 27, 2007, 07:12:28 pm
Share this topic:
pots's cvs constants
#1  October 27, 2007, 07:12:28 pm
Does it work for all alpha/versus sprites or is it made just for Nash?...
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
Re: pots's cvs constants
#2  October 27, 2007, 11:08:50 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
What?  ???
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#3  October 28, 2007, 12:56:29 am
..... wtf? ok let me speak in baby language.

teh alpha/versus sprites are real fat and look like they've been stomped on. I want to make them fit the ratio for cvs characters so I'm asking if the content found in pots's cvsconstants.cns file should work for every sfa/mvc character.
#4  October 28, 2007, 12:59:23 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Scale, yes. As for the rest of the size constants, multiply the original ones by the new scale.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  October 28, 2007, 01:10:46 am
take the original one and multiply it with what?
#6  October 28, 2007, 01:44:31 am
xscale = 0.8333333333333333333333333333333               
yscale = 1.0714285714285714285714285714286
Remember by using these scales, if you want your character to work the way it's supposed to, I suggest you add this like to every x/y velocity in the character respectively:
x*Const(size.xscale)
y*Const(size.yscale)
Where 'x' is a velocity that relates to the x axis and 'y' is a velocity that relates to the y axis. Example of application:
air.velocity = -4.575*Const(size.xscale),-6.275*Const(size.yscale)
Then again, if you don't care for accuracy or if the character wasn't meant for accuracy in the first place then I guess you wouldn't have to worry about it at all.

Also, what PotS meant was multiply this scale to each value under [Size] in the constants. 'This scale' refers to whether the value you are multiplying is related to the x-axis or the y-axis. For example, for ground.back/ground.front, you multiply that by 0.83. And for air.back/front, you multiply that by 1.07 (that is if you went and scaled your character to that y-scale). But if you didn't touch the y-scale, then you won't have to do anything with those.

& IINM, you need a calculator to do it, because I don't think you can put functions such as '*const(size.xscale)' or anything like that in the constants.

I don't mind applying the y-scale, but most (if not all) creators out there only use the x-scale. Like if you check Waru's or PotS' chars, IINM they are scaled at 0.83,1. Not 0.83,1.07.
Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 01:48:10 am by Siu Wong
#7  October 28, 2007, 02:28:34 am
got ya... i tried this earlier for an aplha ryu and his projectiles went right through the opponents. i guess ill have to do the multiplying thanks.
#8  October 28, 2007, 06:08:59 am
this seems like a crazy feat to do it for all the characters...

pots why did you only do it for nash? does it effect the game play is it time consuming?... I wanted to make a cvs death ogre thats not as broken and cheap with alpha sprites thats why I asked.
#9  October 28, 2007, 06:10:52 am
    • Portugal
Because. :wacko:
Karin also has that though.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#10  October 28, 2007, 06:14:58 am
 ;P i didn't ask to sound like a dick i just notice that you didn't use the cvsconstants in your own nash and karin. so i made me wonder if it was just preference or if it effected the way yor character played. Ive been trying our nash the whole day and couldn't tell any difference. accept for the look.. which i guess was the point to begin with
#11  October 28, 2007, 06:17:06 am
    • Portugal
It obviously also affects the range on his attacks.
#12  October 28, 2007, 06:38:17 am
this seems like a crazy feat to do it for all the characters...

pots why did you only do it for nash? does it effect the game play is it time consuming?... I wanted to make a cvs death ogre thats not as broken and cheap with alpha sprites thats why I asked.
Both Nash's and Karin's sprites are not suited to MUGEN's natural resolution, they are suited for CPS2 resolution, which is why they look 'fat, stomped on'. So if you want them to look as they're supposed to (aspect ratio wise) then you scale them. That's about all.
#13  October 28, 2007, 06:39:19 am
thanks for explaining guys i appreciate it.

hjk

#14  October 30, 2007, 12:58:48 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
I wanted to make a cvs death ogre thats not as broken and cheap with alpha sprites thats why I asked.

Please don't. That would shame me to no end.

No one has that "Death Ogre." There is a video on YouTube about what happened with it. Only I and a few freinds have it because I made some personal edits to Ogre and gave it to a few of them with that name change. Each quote, unquote, "Death Ogre" I have downloaded, doesn't have my edits so they've never been the "Real Thing"... sorry dude.

pots why did you only do it for nash?

Woah, Woah. PotS's Charlie looks CvS ??
Maybe it got updated.
PotS, is that true? Karin looks CvS too ?  ???

Edit:
Both Nash's and Karin's sprites are not suited to MUGEN's natural resolution, they are suited for CPS2 resolution, which is why they look 'fat, stomped on'. So if you want them to look as they're supposed to (aspect ratio wise) then you scale them. That's about all.

... I wonder how I missed this  :S
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:06:50 am by Tee Hee Hee
#15  October 30, 2007, 01:08:21 am
its been with both characters since the 1st release... you missed it cause you didn't read the readme file nor did you look in the folder..

i dont have to make the death ogre exactly the same as yours now.. do i? i like how he has yamazaki's, krizalid, and charlie's moves thats all... i find it interesting cause i'm not a spriter thats all.
#16  October 30, 2007, 01:45:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
note that scaling the sprites/character has little or nothing to do with accuracy, one might say that given the extra roundup errors that induces, it actually detracts from accuracy; one might also have to be really anal on accuracy to actually say that.

hjk

#17  October 30, 2007, 03:16:32 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
i dont have to make the death ogre exactly the same as yours now.. do i? i like how he has yamazaki's, krizalid, and charlie's moves thats all... i find it interesting cause i'm not a spriter thats all.

That's just Ogre. I made sure to quote you and put "Death Ogre" in quotes as a title.
'Mine'... I know what you mean by that, but something makes me squeem/squeam (which one :omg:) whenever I hear that."mine". It's pretty much just Ogre with some edits and like 4 new moves, far more comboable CNS edits, a new juggle combo, and cheap overuse of certain highest priority attacks  :P...       EEEEEKKKK!!!
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.