YesNoOk

Melty Blood: Actress Again (Read 6396 times)

Started by videoman, October 28, 2007, 07:28:49 pm
Share this topic:
Melty Blood: Actress Again
#1  October 28, 2007, 07:28:49 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
New Melty Blood Game again. coming Spring 2008

new characters: Rao and Riezdsfbhdfb something

mode select now: Choices of playing style: 1 is Full Moon Style which emphasize on power: lengthened Shield, power accumulation, and circuit spark.

Bigger Stages now and uh new stages..

Game is 5 buttons now!

New storylines by Kinoko!

Guard Bar added now so no more turtling and your Guard can be Crushed now!

Hisui and Kohaku are a pair only now. no more individual use.

Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
#2  October 28, 2007, 10:13:16 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#3  October 28, 2007, 10:47:27 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
My god.  Is that... a contrabass gun blade!?  :stunned:

...I think I love Ms. Stridberg already.  :wub:
But the weapon looks just a tad unwieldy.  Wonder how they'll animate its usage.
And I guess it must be electric, as I can't imagine such a thin instrument having very good natural acoustics.  :/

Roa, on the other hand, needs to learn how to use buttons.  >:
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:22:16 pm by Winane
#4  October 29, 2007, 08:52:39 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I'm really digging the new portraits that I can see in those pics.

Any news of which platform this will be on?  PS2/PC I presume.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#5  October 29, 2007, 08:08:06 pm
And I guess it must be electric
Gamaliel is a Conceptual Weapon that represents "ruin", a Sanctioned Apocrypha that works wonders against vampires. Meaning that no, it's not particularly electric, as a Conceptual Weapon it runs on a concept, not an element. A pile-bunker like gun-shield, with a spear part kinda like the Black Keys or the Seventh Scripture of Ciel ; in Kara no Kyoukai, the people of the school she was the head of thought it was a violin when it was hanging on her wall.

Any news of which platform this will be on?  PS2/PC I presume.
For now, it's only announced in arcade - Naomi.

Current theory is that the fifth button is just the Quick Action button.
Doubtable. All the screenshots show everyone having at least one new move (Aoko, Wallachia, Sion, Nanaya, Kishima), some of them look like they're new basic moves, meaning it's a real fourth button.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:15:41 pm by Baiken
#6  October 29, 2007, 08:42:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Gamaliel is a Conceptual Weapon that represents "ruin", a Sanctioned Apocrypha that works wonders against vampires. Meaning that no, it's not particularly electric, as a Conceptual Weapon it runs on a concept, not an element. A pile-bunker like gun-shield, with a spear part kinda like the Black Keys or the Seventh Scripture of Ciel ; in Kara no Kyoukai, the people of the school she was the head of thought it was a violin when it was hanging on her wall.

yeah, but since it is a
My god.  Is that... a contrabass gun blade!?
what matters is: does it play mp3 too ?

Doubtable. All the screenshots show everyone having at least one new move (Aoko, Wallachia, Sion, Nanaya, Kishima), some of them look like they're new basic moves, meaning it's a real fourth button.

they might drop an already existing basic attack to replace for a new one, so that is not convincing proof.
#7  October 29, 2007, 09:09:21 pm
Yeah, let's make up unfounded theories to counter more plausible arguments.
I mean, they tell you it has gained a new button, they show you people have a new basic move, but no, the new button has nothing to do with the new move.

Come on, it's not necessarily true, but it's more probable than the other way around.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  October 29, 2007, 09:15:45 pm
Meaning that no, it's not particularly electric,
in Kara no Kyoukai, the people of the school she was the head of thought it was a violin when it was hanging on her wall.
Aw, so it doesn't actually function as a musical instrument, but only merely looks like one?  :(

Anyway, thanks for the background info.

A pile-bunker like gun-shield, with a spear part kinda like the Black Keys or the Seventh Scripture of Ciel ;
Yeah, I'd actually inferred that much, just couldn't think of a better term for it than "gun".  (Out of curiosity, is there a term for "guns" like this, whose shaft projectiles are blocked from fully exiting the barrel?)
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#9  October 29, 2007, 09:20:39 pm
Aw, so it doesn't actually function as a musical instrument, but only merely looks like one?  :(
Yes, actually I don't think it's ever said why on Earth it has such a weird design :ninja: maybe to also function as a shield. Maybe they gave her some "shield pounce"-like movements :P
#10  October 29, 2007, 09:22:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well i do not even intend to play the game; but just pointing out that the other point of the argument, is not unfounded, as you claim. is like "they added a new button to kof 11" though it was used for an already existing attack. and swapping a basic attack for another has been an old tradition of fighting games. so saying it is an unfounded theory is wrong.
#11  October 29, 2007, 09:28:20 pm
We're speaking about French Bread here, people who make two characters out of the same movelist. Well, speaking of the first MB on that one, but in the whole series, only Aoko ever lost moves she already had. While in KoF, characters have kept switching their whole movelist.
Yes, it's not "unfounded", but much less likely - so it's unfounded to support this theory more than a far more plausible one. (emphasize being on "supporting A more than B is unfounded")
Come on, it's not necessarily true, but it's more probable than the other way around.
Hm, there's also a slight difference in how MB Act Cadenza added shortcut buttons without speaking about "new" buttons, while here, they say "a new fifth button" - even though there already were 6 buttons if you count the shortcut ones... :P
Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:12:20 pm by Baiken
#12  October 29, 2007, 10:05:33 pm
Yes, actually I don't think it's ever said why on Earth it has such a weird design :ninja: maybe to also function as a shield. Maybe they gave her some "shield pounce"-like movements :P
Maybe it's just to help her get through customs more easily.  "No sir, this isn't a weapon, I'm with the orchestra, really!"  ;D
But yeah, definitely looks like it's being used as a shield in that screenshot; though I dunno if double basses are really optimally shaped for that purpose.  =P
(Needless to say, style is presumably the real answer, of course.)

Ah, well, I think I still love the thing.  If I master the game well enough, then perhaps I can at least get it to function as a rhythmic percussion instrument.  ^^

Anyway, definitely looking forward to this game.
Still quite busy.

#13  October 30, 2007, 08:33:32 pm
Since Guild has a topic too now -

Source = Tougeki Damashii.
Neko Arc confirmed, Nero has one hell cool new move with a beast that looks like a mix between a lion and a bull with a giant horn, new aerial special for Miyako, and Crescent moon style: Emphasis on Speed. shield counter, dodge, Aerial spark. That new stage looks beautiful too. And there are 3 Neko Arc in that shot.
Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 08:50:29 pm by Baiken
#14  October 30, 2007, 08:50:24 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
pantyhose taro
#15  October 31, 2007, 02:39:40 am
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Haha, dude in the second scan from the top looks like Dark Adonis. :sugoi: Game looks interesting. Good to see another addition to the MB series. Don't get the subtitle "Actress Again" though....
#16  October 31, 2007, 07:40:15 pm
dude in the second scan from the top looks like Dark Adonis.
Because he has an open shirt and show his abs ?

Don't get the subtitle "Actress Again" though....
Actress Again because Riesbyfe was originally supposed to be the main heroine of MB when it was a project state, then Watanabe Seisakujo drafted something for Sion, and Type-Moon liked it ; Riesbyfe became "Sion's deceased friend", and now she's coming "back" as an... "actress" of MB. Well, that's Engrish for you, they chose it because it even sounded close to the previous titles (Re Act, Act Cadenza)
So far it's not known yet if Roa and her are still dead and their story will only be a recap like Arc and the others whose story actually happen during/before the events of Tsukihime, or if one of them actually comes back for X reason. But at any rate, the game has a brand new storyline made by Type-Moon.
Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 07:43:56 pm by Baiken
#17  October 31, 2007, 10:27:33 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
or if one of them actually comes back for X reason
it's probably this.........if Warachia is a natural phenomena they could just say that he brought Roa back
but whose to say about Riesbyfe though

these are just wild guesses of mine but it's gonna be awesome in a "im too anxious" kinda way
#18  November 01, 2007, 01:53:49 am
Wallachia is perma-killed in Re-Act (which overrides the original MB), and that was one year after Tsukihime. Act Cadenza is about White Ren who recreates a fake Wallachia, and this Actress Again seems to happen 2 years after Tsukihime - one more year later. And even if AA doesn't follow the route where Wallachia is perma-killed after getting his contract revoked, his next comeback was scheduled to be some 30 years later in Australia. So there should be no Wallachia, or not the real one. Then again, the introduction line after the title does speak about the return of the Hologram Summer (which refers to Wallachia and his ability to manifest rumor - summer just because it was in summer) so that's getting really confusing.
And then there's White Ren but I can't see why she'd create a copy of Roa. Type-Moon did say they wouldn't bring Roa/SHIKI back after Tsukihime, yet there he is with a new storyline...
They did point out that some chars had a serious storyline and some others had a rather gag-ish storyline in AA, so maybe the copies, who shouldn't be there anymore by then (Nero shouldn't even be there by the time AC happens, story-wise), aren't included in the new story.
Well, we'll see sooner or later.
Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:01:54 am by Baiken
#19  November 01, 2007, 11:45:48 pm
I might find that some Dante rip-off will also be in MB:AAgain....Yep, from wikipedia Kinoko Nasu...one of the list says that some of the vampires look like Dante from DMC..
#20  November 02, 2007, 11:36:03 pm
Only because he uses both a demonic sword and a gun (nevermind that demonic swords in Nasuverse have nothing to do with DMC swords). But I doubt he's in it, he's supposed to be the main rival (dual hero ?) of Tsukihime 2 (whenever it will be created), not MB.