YesNoOk

Old Release Threads (Read 115965 times)

Started by Sean Altly, December 14, 2007, 10:38:51 am

[Z]

Re: RELEASE: Original Character - UPDATED BLOODTIDE (98-99%)
#41  January 06, 2008, 06:27:10 pm
  • Korn Spruit
    • www.titane.ca/igod/
Wow. eSnips is being really uncooperative. Instead of letting me download her, it keeps taking me to the sign-in page.
Don't suppose anyone else is having that problem...? :sweatdrop:
"Never try to twist my words. They're twisted enough already."
#42  January 06, 2008, 10:24:59 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Well, I just tried it and it seems to be working fine now. When you do download her, ley me know what you think! :)

Download Last Bout now!

DMK

#43  January 06, 2008, 10:38:43 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Wow. eSnips is being really uncooperative. Instead of letting me download her, it keeps taking me to the sign-in page.
Don't suppose anyone else is having that problem...? :sweatdrop:

What part are you clicking?

Usualy clicking the main download part at top makes you sign in.

There's a smaller download link just below that, that has never forced me to sign-in.  :)

mauricio1gonzalez

#44  January 06, 2008, 11:00:28 pm
Re: RELEASE: Original Character - BLOODTIDE FINISHED (100%)
#45  January 06, 2008, 11:54:07 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
She's now available on Ascended Mugen. Click the link below! Downloads open for everyone!

Download Last Bout now!

[Z]

#46  January 07, 2008, 01:12:45 am
  • Korn Spruit
    • www.titane.ca/igod/
I got v.1.0 from eSnips right before you posted that. :sweatdrop: Well now. Only problem I can see is how ridiculously difficult it is to
pull off Ruby Weapon. It seems to me that the main problem is that during the input window for Scarlet Tornado's followups,
pressing any direction key cancels it. Also, it doesn't help much that the readme and the command don't match. ;D It seems
like the input window is just about right for two button presses-- may I suggest "a+b,c"?
Other than this, she's smooth as butta. Well done, sean-Sensei.
"Never try to twist my words. They're twisted enough already."
#47  January 07, 2008, 01:26:04 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It looks like I uploaded the wrong file guys. It'll be a minute to fix it.  --;

EDIT: Okay, it's fixed. Sorry to those who DLed the wrong file. The real 100% version is up now.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:41:16 am by seanaltly
#48  January 14, 2008, 09:29:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Hi, I've tested your characters, so I'll put all feedback here to avoid reviving old topics. :)

Adamas :

- His sprites for D+z are a little misaligned. You can see that his right boot goes up by one pixel.
- D+kick (all versions) and D+y don't have any blue CLSN. You must have overlooked that.
- D+c is a bit fast IMO. It may just be me though.
- CLSNs during stance shouldn't be moving.
- Attack CLSNs during standing c are strange. Also, the sprites seem a little misaligned, look at how his left foot moves very fast when performing the move.
- There are many inconsistencies in the CLSNs. For example, in D+x, why does his CLSN change a bit whereas Adamas isn't moving something else than his punch ?
- D+z in the corner is an infinite.
- You may want to change his width in the constants, because the yellow line under his feet in debug mode is a bit too short IMO.
- This width causes Diamond Upper to not touch if performed too close from the opponent (tested on SPO Ryu by Rikard)
- I don't like Diamond Shard having a shadow, but that may be personal preference.
- Why does Adamas have an attack CLSN during the preparation of Diamond Shard and when he launches it ? Hadoken-type moves usually don't work that way.
- It's strange that Ice Storm doesn't push Adamas a little bit back in the air.
- Hitpauses for The Three Fists of Adamas are a bit too long IMO.
- The New Wave's effects shouldn't have any shadow.
- 750 damage for One Big Stone ! o_O You should add other requirements for the move, or tone down the damage a bit.
- Shadow is ugly for One Big Stone. Also, the explosion sprites are really big and need some graphical work.
- Supers lack some envshake to show their power.

Supers may give back power, I forgot to check, and only realized when testing Sabotage and Bloodtide.

Sabotage :

- CLSNs have the same inconsistency. You should take reference on POTS chars for example. You will see his CLSNs during stance, crouch, walking forward or back don't change, and that the character usually doesn't have more than 3 boxes of each type.
- Linking HP and HK over and over leads to 336 damage, which is far too much.
- Rolling German deals too much damage IMO.
- Supers give back power.
- If Onslaught is performed very close to the opponent, the 1st hit doesn't connect with the ones after, which makes the further strikes avoidable.
- Three Very Strong Punches works properly, but when it connects, it isn't a 3 hit combo.
- 836 damage for All Apologies !!! o_O What the hell did you smoke ?
- Why is the folder called "pat" ? :P

Bloodtide : (tested on old version, so problems such as readme have been fixed from what I read)

- CLSNs are much better, especially on stance. They are still too complicated during most moves though.
- The folder doesn't have the same name as the def file.
- She looks like Mickael Jackson on her big portrait... Well, in other words, I think it's ugly. :P
- Blood has shadow, looks bad IMO.
- High-res blood + low-res char ? Hmm, not such of a problem, since it's an effect, but it clashes a little.
- You made a mistake in the readme for The Wall's command.
- Is The Wall really supposed to stay this long on the screen after it's performed ?
- No need to define redcyclone AND aircyclone commands, as they have the same ones. Multiple definition of the same command isn't necessary.
- I'm having problems performing moves after Scarlet Tornado. Maybe it's just my timing that sucks (I couldn't perform Ruby Weapon even once). :(
- Since Dream Theatre deals damage when the opponent lands on the ground, it may be good to add an envshake.
- You know what I think about the massive damage of Level S super moves.
- Supers give back power.
- Could you change the command for Cerise Spike to "command = ~30$D,$U,x/y/z" so that it's easier to perform ?

Your characters are quite original and really have potential. Gameplay is quite interresting, and even if the coding needs some polishing, you're getting into it. :)
Work on the CLSNs a bit more by learning how they're ususally made in fighting games.
Sprites are consistent, and you have talent, nobody can say the contrary. Good luck with further creations. ;)
#49  January 14, 2008, 07:16:51 pm
  • Executive Producer of SHADES 2: Electric Boogaloo
From what i understand the moves that the Characters Adamas and Sabotage do that deal the large amounts of damage are the moves that also hurt the characters.  Sabotage's file is named pat because that is the name of the guy he is based off of.  The clsn box on the diamond shard attack is becuase in game when Adamas is to close to the other fighter the shard passes right through, so the punch is made for that instance.
#50  January 14, 2008, 10:25:04 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Before I reply to all that in detail, I have to say that I thought that in fighter factory, when you click "CLSN Standard" it makes a blue collision box that is in the same location throughout every frame, and the box is turned green so that I know it's a CLSN Standard. Did I misinterpret that?

Also, Bloodtide's physical appearance is based off of my sister folks, so the Michael Jackson comments aren't being taken very kindly.

In game portrait: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/seanaltly/sandyportrait3.jpg

Portrait of sister: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/seanaltly/sandy.jpg

It's hard to get likenesses perfect in MS Paint.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 10:41:43 pm by seanaltly
#51  January 14, 2008, 11:58:33 pm
  • To be fair it didn't stab you
When they say it looks like MJ I don't think they mean features, its the pale skin tone

Gonna download the char and test it out :)
#52  January 15, 2008, 06:18:21 am
  • "I am The Perfect CHAOS..."
Alright the Main thing I like about BLOODTIDE (Sandy*) is the Fact that Shes an Original Character. I Like her SUPERS, the Wall Super's pretty Good but that Ground Super of hers is my Favorite. Also her Voice sounds Really SEXY, like when she says, "Bleed for me" and Especially when she says "No Need to Get Up" also that Flying Air kick that she does kind of reminds me of "Juli" from Street Fighter Alpha 3. All in all, pretty Good Character! =)  :sugoi:
#53  January 15, 2008, 09:10:42 am
    • France
Also, Bloodtide's physical appearance is based off of my sister folks, so the Michael Jackson comments aren't being taken very kindly.
In game portrait: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/seanaltly/sandyportrait3.jpg
Portrait of sister: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/seanaltly/sandy.jpg
It's hard to get likenesses perfect in MS Paint.
I didn't want to be mean or anything. As said, the skin on the portrait is a bit too "white" as you didn't use many shades. Now that you know you can use as many colors (well, 256, but whatever) as you want for big portraits, you can go back and make it look much better. ;)

Concerning the CLSN thing, I don't know, as I use Notepad++ to make the standard CLSNs, once I have drawn one.
#54  January 15, 2008, 09:17:33 am
  • It's not furry you goons, it's anthro! ANTHRO!
Dude, how do you make these characters so fast? That's really impressive.
A magical force-field surrounding a brick in an iron vault...even if the security is breached, the thieves are bound to be disappointed.
#55  January 15, 2008, 10:20:46 am
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
just dl all ur characters and they move pretty smooth and i finally pulled of the ruby weapon special first time by luck but after that i got it lol anyway they look pretty good and forget what they say your character are good so u should keep releasing them and i wanna hear more about that comic it sounds really interesting lol sorry cant give u real useful stuff on ur characters but im not that advanced in mugen yet to notice that stuff they look fun enough to add to my roster so hey keep up the good work and i'll be waiting on ur nxt release
#56  January 15, 2008, 10:41:37 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Dude, how do you make these characters so fast? That's really impressive.

Well, everyone but Bloodtide are characters I had worked on for quite some time before I even started posting here. By the time I officially released my first character (Sabotage) I had playable versions of Snow, Adamas, and Chad in Black (unreleased) in place. Bloodtide was finished so quickly because around mid-December, I quit my job due to managerial conflicts. I didn't do much job searching due to the holiday season not being the best time for that, and spent most of my free time working on Bloodtide. I'm currently working on a character named Fray, whose progress is slower due to me having a job now (though she is still moving along pretty quickly due to me not getting many hours and having a lot of free time by myself).

And thanks Vortex for the compliments. Also, thanks for pointing a lot of that stuff out Cybaster. I'll be honest, I only fixed some of it due to me feeling that some of the things you noticed don't really have any impact on gameplay and are rather issues of polishing things up, which I still appreciate. Sabotage's folder is "Pat" because he is physically based off of a friend of mine named Patrick, and I forgot to rename everything. I know you don't like the Level "S" supers, but these characters are intended for a full game where every character has one. Also, Level "S" supers are hard to hit with (Adamas' is easily blocked, Sabotage must connect with the first hit or nothing happens, Bloodtide's is the same, and Snow's is also a large projectile that is easily blocked), usually have long recovery time, and also subtract roughly 100-150 life from the attacking character whether the move hits or misses, making them very, very risky to try.

her Voice sounds Really SEXY, like when she says, "Bleed for me" and Especially when she says "No Need to Get Up"

Haha, that's my sister doing the voice work. I'll give her your compliment.   :P

Download Last Bout now!
#57  January 15, 2008, 10:58:59 am
    • France
Also, thanks for pointing a lot of that stuff out Cybaster. I'll be honest, I only fixed some of it due to me feeling that some of the things you noticed don't really have any impact on gameplay and are rather issues of polishing things up, which I still appreciate.
No problem. Feedback about polishing isn't the most important anyway, especially when it concerns minor stuff which isn't so ugly.

Concerning S moves, having them in a full game makes sense. :yes:
Release: Original Character - Moses Maddigan (Beta - 95%) - Reuploaded!
#58  March 01, 2008, 09:55:24 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
To tell you the truth, he feels pretty done. You can find him on my esnips site, link in my signature, and soon when he's finished, he will be on Ascended Mugen. I am releasing him for feedback and to see if there's anything wrong with him that I missed. Soon I will be releasing updates for Sabotage and Snow that include gameplay tweaks, better collision boxes, and special intros for when they are facing Moses Maddigan.

His file will be called "Mose," because my friends and I like to call him "The Mose."

Here's his bio, some gifs, and a video, all copied from his WIP topic:

Moses Maddigan is the son of affluent parents Joseph and Katherine Maddigan. His parents were born and raised in England and moved to the United States to escape the ruthless business world that they had embroiled themselves in and to raise their unborn son. Once there, Katherine died while giving birth to Moses. Due to his mother's death, his father badly spoiled Moses and raised him to be a cold, ruthless, womanizing businessman. Joseph passed away on Moses' 21st birthday, and because of his untimely (and mysterious) death, his company and assets were turned over to Moses. The company, Maddicorp, formerly specialized in small business ventures and minor pharmaceutical products. However, soon after Moses took control of the company, it branched out into high-grade (and highly dangerous) pharmaceuticals and eventually into secretive bio-weapons development and genetic engineering. After the massive failure that was the S.H.A.D.E.s experiment, Moses becomes obsessed with finding and eliminating all of the surviving subjects, through his own force, his manipulation of the Gray City Police Department, and his personal team of mercenaries called The Collection Agency. He carries with him his father's gold pocket watch at all times. He holds it in his right arm while fighting, both to time how long the fight takes and to prevent him from using his right arm due to his suspiciously super-human strength (since using his best arm would make him quite deadly, which would garner him unwanted attention). It is theorized that Moses was the first human test subject of the S.H.A.D.E.s experiment.

Here are some gifs and a gameplay vid (sadly with no sound):

Moses Maddigan's simple stance.

Checking his pocket watch and saying "Let's make this quick."

Mose performing a stomp that shakes the floor beneath his opponent.

Moses' Dodge Hook.

Let me know what you guys think.

BTW, he is the intended final boss for my game, so his damage is high. Also, I think I would like to learn how to make custom AIs, so that he will be ultra bad ass, and so I won't have to rely on high damage and what not to make him harder.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:01:18 am by seanaltly
Re: Release: Original Character - Moses Maddigan (Beta - 95%)
#59  March 01, 2008, 09:31:23 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Really folks? Nothing? :(

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Release: Original Character - Moses Maddigan (Beta - 95%)
#60  March 01, 2008, 09:37:15 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
ill test when i have time, but remember its a saturday people are usually out and doing stuff
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan