YesNoOk

Best Side-Scrolling Mario Game (Read 14792 times)

Started by whodawhat, February 05, 2008, 02:37:14 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What do you think is the best Mario side-scroller?

Super Mario Bros.
4 (8.7%)
Super Mario Bros. 2
2 (4.3%)
Super Mario Bros. 3
24 (52.2%)
Super Mario World
12 (26.1%)
Super Paper Mario
0 (0%)
Super Mario Land
2 (4.3%)
New Super Mario Bros.
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Re: Best Side-Scrolling Mario Game
#41  February 08, 2008, 07:32:38 pm
#42  February 08, 2008, 07:46:45 pm
  • corner push pusher
I never liked the Mario Bros. game. Rather play Joust or somethin'
You're not a real gamer if you dont like the Mario Bros games

You're not a real gamer if you can't differentiate the game Mario Bros. from Super Mario Bros.
You dont make any sense at all.You said "I never liked the Mario Bros. game. Rather play Joust or somethin".That basically sums up you sayin that you dont like "Mario games" in general.Next time use your brain and be more specific with your post.

Nevermind he fixed it   ;D
Yes, it was a typo. Nevertheless, here's a bit of advice: save your insults for someone who respects you enough to care about them.
#43  February 08, 2008, 08:00:07 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Uh hello? He said "game" not "games". YOU use your brain.
If thats the case then thats an error on his behalf.Its called a "typo".
The sentence doesnt make sense if he meant "game".
he said "I never liked the Mario Bros. game. Rather play Joust or somethin"

Ummm hello Mario has more than one game.He left the plural out.It should've been "games".Plus he said Mario brothers so how the hell would I know which game he was talking about?Another thing This topic is about Mario games in general so it wouldnt make any sense for him to say he doesnt like "one mario game".Its about if you like Mario games in general.Like I said it was a typo error by him

That's not *really* a typo. Before Super Mario Bros., there were two other games Mario was in: Donkey Kong and Mario Bros.

Also, my quoting Shaun's post was me simply saying I liked those games.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#44  February 08, 2008, 08:04:47 pm
  • corner push pusher
I never liked the Mario Bros. game. Rather play Joust or somethin'
You're not a real gamer if you dont like the Mario Bros games

You're not a real gamer if you can't differentiate the game Mario Bros. from Super Mario Bros.
You dont make any sense at all.You said "I never liked the Mario Bros. game. Rather play Joust or somethin".That basically sums up you sayin that you dont like "Mario games" in general.Next time use your brain and be more specific with your post.

Nevermind he fixed it   ;D
Yes, it was a typo. Nevertheless, here's a bit of advice: save your insults for someone who respects you enough to care about them.
Actually I never insulted you.I insulted that idiot Reika cuz he called me a name.
and you talking about lack of respect?homie this is the fucking internet.Im not trying to gain respect on here.If we was face to face you wouldnt even be talking the way you are right now.You can play the tough guy role on here but it would be a different story if we was face to face.Trust me on that one  :thumbsup:

Ok!!!!!11
#45  February 08, 2008, 08:08:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
shaun >>> hotreezy
#46  February 08, 2008, 08:25:57 pm
  • I've got ballllls of steeellll.
homie this is the fucking internet.Im not trying to gain respect on here.If we was face to face you wouldnt even be talking the way you are right now.You can play the tough guy role on here but it would be a different story if we was face to face.Trust me on that one
Intelligence itself could kick your ass.  Jesus fucking christ you're a sad person.
#47  February 08, 2008, 08:34:42 pm
  • As I come in alone, I leave alone.
Okay now.  I will have to give my vote to Mario 3 with Super Mario World a very close second.  It was a tough decision, but the classic gameplay of SMB3 just barely beats out SMW.

Just another line of pointless opinions by yours truly.

Check out my YouTube page here.  It might not be on a professional level, but it\'s a start.
#48  February 08, 2008, 08:45:03 pm
  • corner push pusher
I also have to vote for Super Mario All-stars because of the REAL SMB2.
#49  February 08, 2008, 08:53:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
hotreezy: you just keep on proving my point, every single post you make just contributes to degradate you even more.
#50  February 08, 2008, 09:03:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hi. you (hotreezy) are about to be banned for a few days, your obsession with dicks is growing each day and I think you should really seek therapy about it, anyone that resorts so much to dick sucking as an insult can only do so due to having homosexual tendencies that he himself hates and thus tries to vilanize.
Have a good day.

Which part of the rudeness alert on rules goes over your head is beyond me.

Feel free to reply before I do it anyway.
#51  February 08, 2008, 09:05:34 pm
Please explain the point of your post ??

do you have any reason behind what you said or did you just post to take sides and make insults?
Sure. I'll explain it to you, but only once.  The internet is not a physical place.  You told somebody you could physically beat them up over the internet.  That's comparable to telling a cartoon character through the television that you're going to kick its ass.  They're just about equally impossible.  If you thought threats like this "worked" over the internet, let me be the first to tell that you they do not... ever.  All you're doing is making yourself look like the weakest person on the planet (which for all I know you could be). 

If you think you're a tough guy, go outside and be a tough guy (good luck with that).  As for message boards, you should probably avoid them.

Oh, and your wiggerspeak offends me.
#52  February 08, 2008, 09:18:25 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
hotreezy said:
Actually I never insulted you.I insulted that idiot Reika cuz he called me a name.
Why does this sound like something I told my mother when I was, like, 6 years old?

Why does everyone like SMB3 so much? Is the All Stars version that much different from the actual version? Because I played the All Stars version and I just didn't like it that much.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#53  February 08, 2008, 09:20:12 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Better posters than you have called me worst things.
One thing is to be a rude asshole, which you repeatedly become another thing is to have an argument where sides are drawn.

Taking a dick out a mouth is not slang, is purely rude and frankly distracting.
Remember this, its the reason you are gonna get banned for a few days, not the fact that you had an argument.
In a way you ended up proving that he was right with all the attitude and the need to pull out references to a girlfriend.

Being in this forum is not a right you have earned, you need to be respectful to function in it, we arent here to serve you whilst you remain without the littlest shred of respect for your fellow users.

So go ahead, and keep saying "the mods are useless" I know whom to thank for that.In the meanwhile enjoy your ban, it will be brought to discussion for its length but it surely starts now.

#54  February 08, 2008, 09:25:57 pm
  • corner push pusher
Why does everyone like SMB3 so much?

For me, because of its versatility (like walt said). The balance of difficulty, level design, incentives, gameplay, and etc is superb (the three whistles + a load of P-Wings =  :sugoi:) The only thing the All-Stars version has over the NES version is the gfx IMO.
#55  February 08, 2008, 09:28:51 pm
  • SNK is life
Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:33:53 pm by Cywalter
#56  February 08, 2008, 09:40:06 pm
Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:43:47 pm by Bob S[A]gat [Bracket Edition]
#57  February 08, 2008, 09:41:57 pm
  • SNK is life
Quit it, no more drama please.
#58  February 08, 2008, 09:50:19 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Well, I just liked SMB3. I thought the original was rather boring as a child.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#59  February 08, 2008, 09:52:24 pm
  • LMAO!
Super Mario Bros 2.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/center]
#60  February 08, 2008, 09:57:56 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
GFX which killed the original BEST 8-BIT GFX appeal. I think that's mostly it.
I have to agree there. Most of the All-Stars graphics are fine with me, but a few of the changes are pretty negative, IMO. Like for example, the underground levels in the NES version were very surreal looking, with terrain that looked like the mirrored tiles on a disco ball, and a starfield in the backdrop. For All-Stars, they made them into generic caves.