YesNoOk

P1 Stun System for P2 (Read 890 times)

Started by Young Shimaiuskoo Doh, April 05, 2008, 12:21:17 am
Share this topic:
P1 Stun System for P2
#1  April 05, 2008, 12:21:17 am
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Is it possible for a character to have his/her own Stun System that would put P2 into a Stun State after x amount of time/hits?

If so, how is it done?

I think I've seen a character who had this ability, but I can't remember who it was...
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

Re: P1 Stun System for P2
#2  April 05, 2008, 12:25:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yes. Totally possible.

You need to make a copy of the falling, bounce and getup states, and recreate the dizzy anim (and hope they've actually added it and given it hitboxes otherwise you'll need to make a crappy 5000,0 5000,10 animation and add your own hitboxes.

Anyway. Each time you make a hit, increase a variable. No upperlimit neccessary. When the variable is above a certain point you can do a p2stateno in the hitdef and make use of the line p2getp1state = ifelse(var(x) >= blah, 1, 0)

Or you can do a targetstate with the same effect. P2 goes into all the custom states suggested above and gets up into his dizzy anim and sits in it for a short amount of time.

This won't work so well on super armour characters and people who don't put hitboxes on anim 5300.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

BC

#3  April 05, 2008, 12:27:06 am
    • UK
i coded a stun gun move for a friend once and i used a long pausetime for the opponent in the hit def section

pausetime = 1, 60

60 is optional, any higher its a longer stun and lower is shorter

but however after one hit the character is out of stun im not sure about stun for a certain amount of time and taking multiple hits, but i hope this sorta helps mayb someone can come up with a more detailed explination
Accepting commissions

BC

#4  April 05, 2008, 12:27:38 am
    • UK
lol cyanide got there first........and is ALOT better at coding than me lol
Accepting commissions
#5  April 05, 2008, 02:08:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Thats a one shot stun, as in the hit does it. He's talking about the MvC/KoF/whatever dizzy system.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  April 05, 2008, 02:27:51 am
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
He did fine! Thanks to you both, so far!
===================

I found out that it's GM's Street Fighter III characters that use such system. All his characters, Makoto especially, have stun meters for P2, that build as P1 lands hits on P2.

Are you talking of something like GM's Stun System? That's the kind of Stun System I'm going for.
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

#7  April 05, 2008, 03:48:00 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Well i don't know what effect you actually want after this limit is reached, but whatever effect you want the building of the variable is still neccessary.