YesNoOk

Moderator Discussion/Feedback (Read 648367 times)

Started by Sepp, September 07, 2007, 06:26:52 pm
Re: The experiment continues...
#101  December 08, 2007, 01:27:33 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
you should really clean up the stickies. right now there are no less than four rule-related threads here - might as well merge them all up into one with all the rules and guidelines in a bunch.

and this one should be renamed to "moderator discussion / feedback" or something, to make it obvious that it's not a rule thread.

Oh yeah I also thought of something - when someone makes a thread here, I could add a check if the rules thread has been marked as read, and give an error if it hasn't. thoughts?

Agreed, agreed, and awesome idea.

*This thread renamed*

Well, my fellow moderators, here are my ideas...

We keep K.O.D.'s rules thread (maybe change the title)
   We insert Cyanide's "Private Vs. Rare Vs. etc..." thread into it as a quote.
   We do the same with Sepp's "How requests work"
Maybe we should remove the testp workfiles thread?

That will turn 4 threads into 1.

I can get right on this as soon as I get home from work (about 9 hours from time of last edit).  Unless someone objects before that time.

Any other suggestions/ideas?
Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:38:29 pm by Honkey
Re: Moderator Discussion/Feedback
#102  December 08, 2007, 06:13:04 pm
    • Germany
We keep K.O.D.'s rules thread (maybe change the title)
   We insert Cyanide's "Private Vs. Rare Vs. etc..." thread into it as a quote.
   We do the same with Sepp's "How requests work"

Insert them as the second and third posts, but yeah. Also, use more formatting. [hr] and [b] are your friends :)

Maybe we should remove the testp workfiles thread?

I renamed the testp workfiles thread so it's obvious it's a kind of request, not a should-read-sticky.
#103  December 08, 2007, 10:28:54 pm
    • USA
New rules are up, old rules are deleted, added "5 Easy Steps" as 2nd post, added "Looking for Music" as 3rd post, and added "Private Vs Rare etc." as 4th post.

Seriously people, the double-posting's gotta stop.  Every time I check this board, I have to merge posts in at least 3 threads.
Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:45:03 pm by Honkey
#104  February 01, 2008, 04:46:15 am
    • USA
I'm considering making a slight change to the bump rule.  What I'm thinking is ALLOWING double-posting as long as there is at least a week between posts.  But, if it's just a blatant bump, it's an instant topic lock.

Thoughts?
#105  February 01, 2008, 05:18:21 am
  • Am I evil?
What would be more less the criteria on which to judge whether a double-post is good or just a bump?

Sig made by TempesT :)
#106  February 01, 2008, 03:41:58 pm
    • USA
Adding another request would be acceptable.  I.E.  "I'm also looking for..."

Just repeating a previous one would be just a bump.  I.E. "Anyone?" or the popular "fine fuck u guys then."
#107  February 01, 2008, 05:44:45 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I'm still not unlocking that one thread (the one where "fine fuck u guys then" came from). 24 hours isn't long enough if he's going to have that attitude. For not reading the rules, maybe a day or two, although it wouldn't do much to some who don't request that often, as well as the fact that there are other forums with request sections. But for being an asshole, it should be indefinite.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#108  February 01, 2008, 10:29:21 pm
    • USA
I fully agree with you, Wujizah.
#109  March 20, 2008, 12:28:15 pm
    • USA
It doesn't take a genius to see that I havn't been on the request boards for quite a while now.  Between work and my daughter's school functions, I havn't been able to perform my duties as a moderator.  So, I propose that someone else take my place.  Val, feel free to chose who/how you see fit.  I'll still be around, just not very often.
#110  March 25, 2008, 10:55:59 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Aaand I haven't been around enough to perfom my admin duties.

How's the request section doing as a whole?
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#111  March 25, 2008, 02:15:37 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
A few strange topics now and then which get sorted out,but everything else is fine.

Also,im thinking of cleaning up the dead request topics when the page count reaches 40 (will clean up from page 20 onwards)
#112  March 27, 2008, 06:25:03 am
  • Am I evil?
Although I, like Honkey, haven't been able to "moderate" the Requests section as much as I did before, I've actually seen that the waters here have settled a lot. Seems like a more calm place and not so much flaming as it was before.

Also, If I'm not mistaken Honkey, we aren't "completely-official" moderators so we don't have to worry as much as for example, Iced on doing our jobs and we still keep our green stars at least on section  ;P.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#113  April 02, 2008, 07:09:16 am
    • USA
I guess I could hold on to my green star a little while longer...
#114  April 14, 2008, 06:34:47 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
yay

K.O.D : I've always wanted to edit a admin's post :)
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:17:25 am by K.O.D
#115  April 17, 2008, 08:50:24 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Sepp was supposed to delete the old pages but he didn't,so i had to manually remove them.
#116  April 20, 2008, 07:36:33 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Ichierzen de-moded since he was inactive since december 2007 and Anjel is now a mod (thanks to titiln)
#117  April 20, 2008, 07:54:42 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Yay for me :sugoi:
My shitty mugen stuff:
#118  May 15, 2008, 08:26:53 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I've been thinking of creating a "Creator Websites" topic with a list of creator websites since it would help significantly.

Thoughts?
#119  May 15, 2008, 08:38:19 pm
  • SNK is life
That'd be a database

I don't see nothing wrong with that.
#120  May 24, 2008, 03:52:14 am
Can we Please Clarify the rules about sending online Mugen creations. 

The Section Description says: "Please do not abuse this section and only request something if you find yourself unable to get it any other way."

Which to me clearly says that one should not request online creations here.

Also in this post - http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=71750.msg598293#msg598293.  Honkey answered me directly about the Online sending policy.

Yet, Here - http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=79436.msg683681#msg683681, KOD states there is no such rule.

So can the admins please Clarify the rules of this section regarding this issue.  I understand that you wan't as little rules as possible.  But there is no reason we should be sending online creations, It's disrespectful for the creators who actually keep their creations online for people to download.  I don't believe the request section should be a free ticket for those who don't want to take more effort to find things.