YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 130117 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#101  April 19, 2008, 03:02:04 am
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA
Any story complaints about how X character would beat X group, is moot. Thanos had the fucking Infinity Gauntlet, and he was shit-tier. No complaints then. Don't come in here with the "Well Supes is too strong fro MK.." blah blah blah.

Also, if anything, MK has several literal Gods on their side. I'd say things are even.

・・・・・・・・⑨
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:05:52 am by Kairi
#102  April 19, 2008, 03:08:38 am
Thanos was just dicking around just like in the comic but yeah power level comparisons are silly in terms of fighting games.
#103  April 19, 2008, 03:10:03 am
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com
... Something occurred to me watching the video. The blood isn't OTT. It's kinda realistic splatter and not all the time flow... Maybe they're trying to get some cred back after the attrocious gore-whoring of MKA. As much as I liked that game, it got a little silly with the blood.

Supes has a code of honor - he never uses more strength then he needs to, or otherwise he'd have killed some of his friends 3 times over the legendary scraps he has. Nobody should be thinking about that.

The whole 'different story from each perspective' thing intrigues me. One DC boss, one MK boss?

Laying my bets now, Doomsday or Darkseid for DC, Onaga, Blaze or Shao Khan for MK.

[EDIT]

Hoho, upon a re-listen, I caught onto what Boon said about Superman, his sorta vunerability to magic has been noted in the past, and the human characters' powers are elevated to compete with Superman, et al. So that explains that one in one sitting.

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:21:24 am by KMLoneMouseWolf
#104  April 19, 2008, 03:29:33 am
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster

Edited image from Binho's site.  Hope you all like this.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.
#105  April 19, 2008, 03:50:48 am
any character picks? i'm assuming there are 8 from each side by default and maybe 8 more unlockable characters

anyway from mortal kombat i want the original 7 and shang tsung and for dc comics i don't care as long as the joker is there

and geno
#106  April 19, 2008, 04:02:24 am
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
First Look is up on Gamespot.

Freefall Kombat should be exciting new twist, and there will be finishing moves and blood (but the finishing moves will not be called Fatalities, mainly since no one wants to see Batman and Superman ripping spines and hearts out.)

From Iced:

OH SURE AVOID MY GRANDPA RAPPING COMMENT , you..you...DCFANBOY.

If you think DC Fanboys are the worst, then you should see inside the official Midway Forums.  The MK fanboys are moaning like hell in there.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 04:07:24 am by spikeriley
#107  April 19, 2008, 06:56:55 am
  • much love to r. kelly
Wow, I wonder what crossover we're going to get next after this.

Also, they better have the Joker in it.

And lol @ the MK fans already pissed off
#108  April 19, 2008, 07:03:03 am
    • USA
wait, aren't we still on april 1st?
#109  April 19, 2008, 07:17:49 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Trailer is pretty cool, left me hyped about the game.

"Abilities of the more human characters are elevated so they can compete" sounds fun, just like when Capcom chars in MvC were upgraded with huge special/super moves.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#110  April 19, 2008, 07:45:36 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
I just checked the interview with Ed boon and 2 things came to me

1) the game does sound like a good idea.

2) Ed Boon don't read comic books.

however, he hired 2 DC writers (I just recognized jimmy palmiotti. I can't remember if  he is good, but i can't remember if he is bad either) and seems really worried about making DC feels like DC. the 2 perspectives on story mode also seem a good idea, and he is actually using some "magic boost up" on MK characters, so they take on Superman (since Supes is vulnerable to magic).

so, it looks like its going to be a good game. now, my wish list from both sides:

MK:

Scorpion
Subzero
Reptile
Liu Kang
Sonya
Kano
Raiden
Shao Khan

DC:

Superman
Batman
Wonderwoman
Green lantern
Flash
Aquaman
Darkseid

in the case it really just 8 characters from each side. if not, we could add

MK:
Shang Tsung
Noob Saibot
Dragon King
Goro
Motaro

DC:
Joker
Lex Luthor (with armor that could be damaged and removed during battle).
Two Face
Sinestro
Deathstroke

I know it will sound weird, but that is because both characters have the same set of powers.

Superman should have a alternate costume that transforms him into Power girl (like Eddie Gordo and the capoeira chick on tekken 5).

#111  April 19, 2008, 07:47:25 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
There will probably be hidden characters as well excluding the 8 in the normal roster.
#112  April 19, 2008, 07:49:56 am
what the hell would aquaman have for moves
#113  April 19, 2008, 07:56:19 am
    • Brazil
There will probably be hidden characters as well excluding the 8 in the normal roster.

I'm considering normal roster here.

heck, for secret characters, we could have

DC:
Nigthwing,Plastic Man, Steel, Captain Freeze (I think having Captain freeze instead of Mr. Freeze would be more interesting), Professor Zoom, Leopard Woman, Bizarro, Great Barda, Star Shaphire, Metallo.

MK:
Chameleon, Rain, Kintaro, Blaze, Kano, Jade, Kitana, MIleena, Kung Lao, Jax.

what the hell would aquaman have for moves

He would have a trident as a weapon, and probably would summon several sea creatures.

try to think of Rikuo, but with no morphing into ocean stuff.
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:01:01 am by Tony 3rd
#114  April 19, 2008, 08:22:52 am
Aquaman? Oh all the heroes you want Aquaman. ha ha ha I don't care what his powerset is or if they cut off a arm and gave him a beard. Aquaman will always be an eternal joke.
#115  April 19, 2008, 08:29:28 am
    • Brazil
Aquaman? Oh all the heroes you want Aquaman. ha ha ha I don't care what his powerset is or if they cut off a arm and gave him a beard. Aquaman will always be an eternal joke.

in that case, we do need a "dan" don't we  :P

But i really think if handled well, Aquaman can become a great character. and he is a founding member of the justice league after all.
#116  April 19, 2008, 08:30:42 am
Only if we get the Superfriends version.
#117  April 19, 2008, 08:35:46 am
    • USA
aquaman will be top tier...  [size=5pt]If all the stages have a lake or something with a lot of animals[/size]
#118  April 19, 2008, 08:43:14 am
    • Brazil
Only if we get the Superfriends version.

on the comics he is also a founding member.

After infinite crisis, the justice league was founded by Aquaman, Superman, Green lantern, Batman, Wonder Woman, flash and Ajax

pre-crisis on infinte earths, the founding members were Aquaman, Green lantern, Wonder Woman, Fash and Ajax (there is supposed to be Batman and Superman as well, but i can't find any covers featuring the 2 :P)

after crisis on infinite earths (and before infinite crisis), the founding members were Green Lantern, Black Canary, Aquaman, Ajax and Flash
so you see, Aquaman is actually a quite important member of DC universe, so that is why he should be in the game.

edit:
oh... i 'm too lazy to re-edit everything, but AJAX is how Martian Manhunter was called here in brazil  up until 2005.
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:48:21 am by Tony 3rd
#119  April 19, 2008, 08:51:41 am
    • USA
let's make this quick, can you tony tell us how do you think he would fight like in-game? because I can't really have a certain idea about how he will fight against all those chars with superpowers and all that shit, let's remember aquaman have a decent but not outstanding power and his power it's only usefull if he's on the sea, so making him playable without his element on all the stages would be like being able to play as a human with a little bit more of force (that's if he's like in the latest justice league series and not the 70's fag)

btw, grey-costume batman = BOOOO!!!
#120  April 19, 2008, 09:01:57 am
    • Brazil
let's make this quick, can you tony tell us how do you think he would fight like in-game? because I can't really have a certain idea about how he will fight against all those chars with superpowers and all that shit, let's remember aquaman have a decent but not outstanding power and his power it's only usefull if he's on the sea, so making him playable without his element on all the stages would be like being able to play as a human with a little bit more of force (that's if he's like in the latest justice league series and not the 70's fag)

first, lets remember that the guy leaves on the bottom of the freakin ocean. so he is insanely strong (when comparing to human -heroes-, like batman). he also must have really good hearing and vision, but that ain't usefull on a fight.

i picture Aquaman as a brawler, a "no projectile" type of character (unlike Bats, who have a batarang).

Aquaman can punch really  hard, and do great combos (the 2nd biggest combos on the game, only loosing to the flash) however, unlike the flash, each of his hits does massive damage. he can chain preety much all his moves.

also, because of his home place, he does not get tired as fast as other characters, so he punches strong, for more time, and his punches stay strong for more time than the others (you know, that mechanics where the punches loose damage the bigger the combo is).

sure, he is a piece of shit when it comes to range. the best tatic against aquaman would be spam projectiles, since he does not have any long-range abillities (besides the ocasional whale that he could drop as a finish move). but as soon as you get near him, you are doomed.

edit: damn word filter
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:06:17 am by Tony 3rd