YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129574 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#121  April 19, 2008, 09:12:38 am
    • USA
meh, give him his trident

btw, that reminds me, maybe all the chars will have a weapon stance like in MK 5  ::)

EDIT: some chars may have 2 bare hand stances  :o
Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:14:09 am by Rednavi
#122  April 19, 2008, 10:05:57 am
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
There's plenty Aquaman can do with the hook hand attachment (if they do decide to go with that version and I pray to God that they don't.) Just imagine Aquaman screeming "Get Over Here!"  :o

Weapon stances? How will that work for Supes? *Superman digs up a huge block of earth from the ground* Oh.... ::)

They have got to have Mxyzptlk pop out and say "Toasty!" randomly.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#123  April 19, 2008, 10:44:42 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
This caught me off guard when I first saw it on ign.com

My ideal roster would be this

MK:

Liu Kang
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Johnny Cage
Shang Tsung
Goro

DC:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Lex Luthor (with Kryptonite Armor)
Sinestro
The Joker
Lobo

and for hidden characters

MK:

Shao Kahn
Onaga
Kung Lao
Reptile
Kitana
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Jade

DC:
Nightwing
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Braniac
Darkseid
Doomsday
Solomon Grundy
Clayface
#124  April 19, 2008, 11:42:06 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
No weapon stances please >_<, when every char can do it it stops being special and turns into just another layer of crap on the gameplay. Weapon pickups, maybe.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#125  April 19, 2008, 12:45:21 pm
I'm not liking the hate where people keep saying "they cant pull this off, superman's invincible!!" or things similar to that effect

if ryu can play against wolverine whose made of the strongest metal can fight, then superman can fight Raiden (if hes in!)

My messed up private mugen!

^^

#126  April 19, 2008, 01:50:01 pm
MK vs DC? It sounds quite wierld actually o_O but I will see how it will comes. I felt like it would sound good to have Marvel vs DC, much better...anyway :S
#127  April 19, 2008, 04:08:34 pm
No weapon stances please >_<, when every char can do it it stops being special and turns into just another layer of crap on the gameplay. Weapon pickups, maybe.
What didn't enjoy the tacked on weapon styles to go with the tacked on marital art styles?
#128  April 19, 2008, 04:31:28 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
"Hm, how do we solve the crappiness on the attacks? I know, we'll give each char twice as much crappy attacks!"
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#129  April 19, 2008, 05:28:25 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
LOL I thought this was another SFO starting up.

Silly me.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Worlds Collide
#130  April 19, 2008, 05:47:49 pm
I just got this email today about a New Mortal Kombat Game with a DC Cross Over called Worlds Collide

for info here is the site url http://www.worldscollide.com/

now who do you think will be the Boss for it thought
#131  April 19, 2008, 06:28:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Comic series need finesse to be well adapted, midway hasnt really ever showed some.

Also, aquaman can not only attack with his trident he can do limited telepathic attacks even to things that arent fish, and he could be coded like a grappler, making him more dangerous upclose.
Any powerset can be made interesting or useful, or need I remind everyone of Shoma gorath?
#132  April 19, 2008, 06:41:43 pm
thats a shitty example, shuma gorath is a demon that kinda looks like an octopus and has the ability to generate several forms of energy attacks, aquaman is a man that can swim and mind control sea creatures
#133  April 19, 2008, 06:59:32 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
aquaman is a man that can swim in the bottom of the atlantic ocean, which makes him stronger than any other human hero on DC universe and mind control sea creatures

Fixed.

Being good or bad is not about your power, but how do you use it.
#134  April 19, 2008, 07:06:14 pm
sorry i mean he can super swim W@W
#135  April 19, 2008, 07:10:26 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
All i can say is that the DC universe is affect by other medias all the time (kryptonite, anyone?)

they could do a kick ass job with Aquaman in this game, translate it to the comics, and everyone will be saying Aquaman is their favorite character.

remember, Aquaman by James cameron was a blockbuster hit!
#136  April 19, 2008, 07:19:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Shoma gorath was a sorceror from another dimension that existed within it and kept trying to breach into this world to murder all life on it.
He wasnt exactly the easiest being to translate either.

But if you want a better example you got Rogue with her super strenght and flight, if it wasnt for her "steal one move" ability she would be pratically all punches.
#137  April 19, 2008, 07:41:07 pm
  • corner push pusher
I can only guess when the official roster will be announced but, a match I'd like to see go down would be Sub-Zero vs. Mr. Freeze.
#138  April 19, 2008, 11:34:46 pm
  • The Instigator!
I got a hella GUT feeling that this is just gonna be another over hyped sucky game...Like Halo 3.

everyone knows trailers that dont show actually gameplay dont mean shit....SUP! Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.
Im back. But no, not really.
#139  April 19, 2008, 11:40:52 pm
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com
If they're eliminating all the stage gimmicks, they sure as hell better elminate the fighting style gimmicks. Gotta love the Freefall fighting and the CQC 'boxing-style' brawling they're developing.

If those question marks are going to be announced characters, I make that 20 characters in total. They're not gonna waste marks on the 4 previously announced entries - Scorpion, Subs, Supes and Bats would have no reason to be all question-marked.

The ones I personally think would be more suited to this game, not including the previous 4:

DC:
Lobo
Green Lantern [Hal Jordan or the other guy, no Kyle please!]
Cyborg or Superman Prime [No point having both, really...]
The Joker
Superboy [Kon-el, not Marvel vs DC era]
Martian Manhunter
Lex Luthor [Yes, in the Kryptonite Armour]
Wonder Woman

MK:
Liu Kang
Sonya Blade
Raiden
Kano
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Johnny Cage
Kung Lao [I got stuck. Besides, I don't want any recent newbies in this, classics would be best]

Boss Characters would probably be two-tiered like usual, so I suppose to add on to my previous picks;
DC: Probably Doomsday in the Goro role, then Darkseid. This could be interchangable with Cyborg/Prime, I guess.
MK: Has to be Goro and Shao Khan really, though I suppose Onaga is also possible. Blaze would be doubtful.

Bonus? Eh, I suppose there could be;
DC:
Guy Gardner [We can dream...]
Sinestro
Brainiac
Bizarro
The Flash
Two-Face
Catwoman
Bat Girl [Have to increase the Girl-Power someplace...]

MK:
Reptile
Kitana
Mileena
Onaga [if he isn't a boss]
Noob Saibot
Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke [One will do as Cyborg's antidote, hee]
Jax
Baraka

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.
#140  April 20, 2008, 12:35:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。