YesNoOk

rkMugen Chun Li (May 28, 2008) (Read 4123 times)

Started by rkmugen, May 28, 2008, 09:36:19 am
Share this topic:
rkMugen Chun Li (May 28, 2008)
#1  May 28, 2008, 09:36:19 am
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
    • www.youtube.com/rkmugen
Since I currently don't have time to update my personal webpage and the mirror on T35, I'll post the update and link here.  A special YouTube video showcasing the changes and a secondary download site/link will soon follow (just give me a day or two......... or three).

This release has the following changes:

;---[May 28, 2008]
*added a blue flame to her SNK power charge
*added a blue burst animation for each Chinese character that shows up when she does her "air-demon"
*added electrical sounds to her dashing push attack
*added more frames of animation to her mid-air get-hit states so that she doesn't look so 'stationary'
*added Psylocke's 2p outfit from MvsC (finally!) (a mere palette edit)
*added Psylocke's Psi-Blade attack as a secondary assist move!!!
*added the ability to switch between Psi-Blade and Psi-Thrust assists.... just crouch and press Start
*added an indicator that tells you when you've successfully changed between Psylocke's available assist moves... you can think of it as if Psylocke can read Chun Li's mind... like a limited form of telepathy.
*made her body flash white if she's hit in Stealth mode... to give the sense that she's wearing some sort of high-tech/magical body-shield with a vulnerability.
*made her invincible in Stealth-mode... but she's vulnerable when she does her SNK charge or does any sort of attack.
*made her perform a stance just like in SFA3/SFZ3 before she performs her Super Rising Kicks (Tenshokyaku)
*made her fly off the screen after a successful air-demon hit... she then dashes back onto the screen after the enemy hits the ground......... just like in MvsC 1.
*slightly tweaked the timings and hitpauses of her mid-air normal attacks
*tweaked her fierce and roundhouse special move commands so that she performs them properly and not mistakingly perform her throw or kick throw, respectively.
*tweaked her SNK rolling evade so that she can perform it as she lands from a jump or comes down from her mid-air moves
*tweaked Psylocke's own knocked away animation a few pixels closer towards the enemy so it looks less weird now
*tweaked her Air-Demon so that the enemy flashes several different colors when the Chinese characters appear... gives more dramatic effect.

DOWNLOAD LINK 1
http://www.filefactory.com/file/988c83/
Re: rkMugen Chun Li (May 28, 2008)
#2  May 28, 2008, 09:14:01 pm
Sorry man, looks like the link is broken. :(
#3  May 28, 2008, 10:50:41 pm
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
Re-checked the link... it works..... just give it a few minutes between each page reload and you'll be able to get her.  Sorry, I'm at work, but I'll get a secondary/tertiary link up to ease the flood of downloaders as soon as I get home.
#4  May 28, 2008, 11:20:52 pm
    • shenronmugen.free.fr/index.php
Can we have a screen for see what we will download or we should download on blind mode ?
#5  May 29, 2008, 01:04:12 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
i do like chun li, but jsut from a few seconds of the video:

your hitsparks are nice, but too flashy for me at some points, mostly they're fine.
a psylocke helper?? i like your innovation!!

but yes, i do like it,
it is download worthy to say the least=)

Can we have a screen for see what we will download or we should download on blind mode ?

click on his website in his sig, and link to his videos=P

or just go to youtube.com/rkmugen
#6  May 29, 2008, 09:44:13 am
    • shenronmugen.free.fr/index.php
Thanks for the info !
#7  May 29, 2008, 12:16:49 pm
  • 7|-|ê ®è©£ü§É
Uploaded the new vid on YouTube and updated my websites to reflect it... watch and enjoy!
#8  May 29, 2008, 06:07:32 pm
I got the download and it works now, thanks for the tip. Yeah I can't wait to check this baby out! ;D
New #9  May 30, 2008, 08:03:59 pm
Just played her and I gotta say. Love the new hitsparks! 3D and vibrant they kill those PSX MvC1 hitsparks you had from before. I think the thing I like most about her gotta be the Air Demon. I love the fact that she has all her alpha moves and that her level 3s are her versus series supers. At first I was worried that having her versus moves at level 3 only would some how hinder her. But then I realized you can power her up SNK style, nice.

Just one thing though. I think I have a love/hate relationship with the Psylocke helper, lol. Don't get me wrong she's great if I made a Marvel Mugen of all versus series Marvel & Capcom chars that use helpers and I didn't put Psylocke in it, if that were the case this helper would be perfect. But since I have Psylocke in my Mugen game already and I was gonna put her up against Chun-Li... it wouldn't look right if she fought Chun-Li and a look alike of herself as a helper. XD I still like the helper idea but perhaps if you can add an on/off command for Psylocke in one of Chun-Li's files then that would be great.

I have some suggestions. One of the great things about Capcoms versus games that separates them from Alpha is the flash effect. I notice you have applied it to Chun-Li's Super Heaven Rising Bird Kick. I think it could better recreate that versus feel if you add it in all her versus series super moves, special moves, and her hard punch and hard kick attacks this will enforce devastation. Now that's hyper fighting for ya. This is the way it was in Capcom games and it created a powerful atmosphere like when someone gets hit by the hard punch it seems like it really knocked them out with the flash there.

The hitsparks. They're perfect probably the only thing you could do with her spark wise is maybe give her a different set for small punch/kick or medium punch/kick, you know like how the Capcom vs. games are with these hit effects. They have different sets for certain commands (look to MSHvsSF for an example of what I'm talking about). The sparks Chun-Li has now I think fits best with her super moves and fierce attacks.

The Air Demon is beautiful glad you added it in the character. For a suggestion I think it could use a little bit more background effects/decoration, some lightning ought to do the trick. But hey, even without the lightning the flash and the Chinese text are more than enough to wow the crowd. 8) One other thing, this is a minor error I found between Chun-Li and Poison from EOH when ever I hit her with the versus series super lightning kick the last kick doesn't come out. It seems like Chun-Li cancels it. It's an error between the 2 characters.

With that being said she is still the best Chun-Li in Mugen I'd recommend her to anybody who is a fan of the character. Her hyper cancels are great! I enjoy playing her and watching her matches alot. I love (that's right I said it) love all of her super move portraits. :) Each different super move is a new portrait, wicked awesome. Her alpha moves with Vs. series moves are way fun to look at and I like the 3D ki effects she has.

Good job and thanks alot!

Oh yeah and I'm digging her new portrait at the select screen. :)
Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:17:33 pm by Spidercide