YesNoOk

Rugal_E version 2 released (Read 16490 times)

Started by EvilSlayerX, May 30, 2008, 02:15:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Rugal_E version 1.5
#61  June 11, 2008, 06:26:28 pm
  • I've been Kain for 2009!!!
I'll see what happens and i'll give you feedback soon!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#62  June 11, 2008, 08:06:42 pm
I'll see what happens and i'll give you feedback soon!

Version 1.6 doesn't have AI though(Although you could copy the AI from version 1.5 and it would more than likely still work).

#63  June 12, 2008, 06:59:04 pm

Re: Rugal_E version 1.7
#64  June 14, 2008, 05:12:09 am
Rugal_E version 1.7 is now uploaded, look at the first post of this topic, if you don't know where to get Rugal_E that is.

This long awaited version simply changes the cmd file around so that more combos are possible.  I did this by changing the time = part on all of Rugal_E's special's and super's.
Re: Rugal_E version 1.7 released
#65  June 14, 2008, 09:52:08 am
Best redownload and play again!

Re: Rugal_E version 1.7 released
#66  June 16, 2008, 09:46:47 am
Rugal_E version 1.8 is now uploaded here are the changes:

Changes from version 1.7 to version 1.8:

*Damage values for normal attacks have been adjusted quite a bit.  They follow a format that is somewhat simliar to Robert Dragon's system, where the normals don't do as much against a foe already under attack.
*Adjusted damage dampening on some normal and command attacks
*Aerial backdash changed so that it moves mostly horizontal rather than left or right.
*Adjusted Aerial throw damage a bit so it isn't overpowered, especially in combos
*Both forward dashes moves slightly faster now, but the ground backdash doesn't move as far.
*Adjusted some damage values, also made the Kaiser Buster actually useable now and also slightly nerfed the Majin Raikouken
*Aerial normal attacks aren't useless now, as they do good damage now as well because the new system I used for most of the normal attacks
*Made the Genocide Heaven super not worthless in a combo
*Made the supers much easier to do. Instead of QCFX2,a+b it's just QCFX2,a
*You can now cancel most level 1's into each other, but not in the air
*You can cancel into a God Press from a Gigantic Pressure now as well, and of course into almost any super from the God Press
*The glitch that makes Rugal_E reset to state no 0 has been fixed now

Look at the first post of this topic for the link to where you can download this character.
Re: Rugal_E version 1.8 released
#67  June 16, 2008, 06:18:12 pm
Redownloading!

Re: Rugal_E version 1.9 released
#68  June 20, 2008, 11:34:14 am
mmkay so some of my honest to goodness feedback:

- this is very minor anyway = Ugly large portrait is ugly

- The Palette has a HUGE lack of shading, making it look ugly and eye hurtingly bright.

- Backdash has too much Backdash (HALF THE SCREEN)

- REppuken needs lag and a longer recovery time... its really cheap with how it is as of now. I can easily kill any char with Corner reppuken spam, kinda like SSF2T Hadouken spam but worse..

- You don't need that LONG super pauses for a super pause. Something like half a second or less super pause is often enough..

- Whats with having to tap 2 buttons after a command motion just for a super that costs only 1 energy stock? it just doesn't feel right and it makes it a little more hassling to do combos with supers...

- also, GG based combos are a GATLING based, basically its p.k.s.hs thing... in this case, a proper GG esque gatling based chain combo system can be lp,lk,strong punch/strong kick or lk,lp, strong punch/strong kick. Also, if you want the combo system to be more GG-ish, add Jump cancelling to certain normal attacks and aerial attacks. (Hopefully you know what Jump cancelling is).

Will comeback with MOAR feedback after further play testing

Well, have any suggestions on which portrait I should use then?

I could make the palette start from a really dark version of a color, and stop at a bright version of the exact same color.  How would that sound?

I'm assuming that you are talking about the ground backdash, right?  If so, I think I can fix that pretty easily.

It's not so much the lag time, but the fact that you have 2 of them on screen at a time.

To make supers a bit harder to do, but I think I switch that to one button as well.

I know what jump canceling is, and I think I can do that actually.  And if I remember correctly, if you double jump with a GG character you can't airdash, is that right?  And do you mean that lp and lk can chain into themselves as well?

I now released Version 1.9, and sorry for moving one of the posts by complete accident.  Look at the first post of this topic for the link.
#69  June 20, 2008, 06:15:46 pm
Mediafire is a good Downloading File I have to say!

#70  June 20, 2008, 08:43:12 pm
looks much better as it gets updated  :)
Re: Rugal_E version 2 released
#71  June 23, 2008, 01:15:53 am
Changelog from the readme:

Changes from version 1.8 to version 1.9:

*Changed the Big Portrait to something cooler
*Changed the normal and command attack grunts
*Added some grunts to when Rugal_E is under attack
*Damage values adjusted some more
*Some normal attacks are faster, and all normal attacks have less stun time
*This infinite doesn't work anymore: Cancel into either Shippuken from the 4th hit of the ground light kick Genocide Cutter or after the 2nd hit of either version of the strong kick Genocide Cutter.  I did this by only allowing the cancellation to occur after the time that the hits could have connected.
*Removed the Power Charge. In it's place, Rugal_E now slowly gains power by moving forward.
*Removed the Evade. In exchange, you just Just Defend now.  Heals 5 life and 50 poewr.
*Haven't changed the hitsparks yet, because I can't find the CvS2 ones and the GG ones seem not to interest me, besides I like the current hitsparks I have at the moment.
*Rugal_E can now be OTG comboed to an extent.
*Rugal_E has only one palette now.  This is because most people are too lazy to choose any other palette aside from the first one.  On the bright side, the palette is much darker, not to mention easier on the eyes.

Version 2 is now uploaded:

Changes from version 1.9 to version 2:

*Removed the just defend after personally finding out how broken it is.
*Rugal_E can now rapid-fire his crouching and standing light punches. This opens up quite a few new combo possibilities, but the rapid fire punches don't do much damage at all though.  They are there to make combo less of a chore.
*Strong Punch animation changed, added a velset as well.  This will make the strong punch actaully useable.
*Increased the power that the forward dash and moving forward give, because I thought it was too small(Tell me if it's too much, I can easily change it).
*Added a new super in the air.  The motion is the same as the Kaiser Blast.  But you can comboing into it from the Genocide Cutter as well. Costs 900 power.  This is an aerial version of the Kaiser Blast.  It's much faster, but it ends the combo though.
*God Press damage adjusted quite a bit, so that the combo isn't worthless to use, but it won't be cheap as well.
*Changed the Genocide Heaven.  The Genocide Heaven acts a bit more like in CvS2.  Hits 6 times now.
*The light kick version of the ground Genocide Cutter hits less times as well now.  Ground versions of the Genocide Cutter got a damage boost though.
*Combo faq will be added.  Simply because most people don't have a clue of how to do Rugal_E's more complex combos.
#72  June 24, 2008, 02:11:39 am
its aquite fun character .just an idea use 3 cutter than can continue to others combo aswell... ;D and the genocide cytter use rugal 2002 version...just my idea lol  ;D
#73  June 29, 2008, 11:18:04 am
After playing with him for a bit, I gotta say I love him so far. I'm a huge fan of Rugal, so having a version of him where I can go combo-happy is great. However, there are a few issues I have...

- His super Kaiser Wave DM (dunno its actual name) just looks like a regular Kaiser Wave, and its firing seems sloppy. It just sort of pops up in front of his arms. Maybe this move could be tweaked.

- His God Press has the wrong motion to it, and it really throws me off (and I'm sure other Rugal players as well). It should be HCB + punch, not HCF. This also causes him to launch a Reppuken when I'm trying to do a God Press.

- In the future, perhaps the Rugal Execution could be added. It's always been a great apporach, and could easily set up the opponent for mid-air combos, since this Rugal is capable of that.
#74  July 03, 2008, 02:38:45 pm
After playing with him for a bit, I gotta say I love him so far. I'm a huge fan of Rugal, so having a version of him where I can go combo-happy is great. However, there are a few issues I have...

- His super Kaiser Wave DM (dunno its actual name) just looks like a regular Kaiser Wave, and its firing seems sloppy. It just sort of pops up in front of his arms. Maybe this move could be tweaked.

- His God Press has the wrong motion to it, and it really throws me off (and I'm sure other Rugal players as well). It should be HCB + punch, not HCF. This also causes him to launch a Reppuken when I'm trying to do a God Press.

- In the future, perhaps the Rugal Execution could be added. It's always been a great apporach, and could easily set up the opponent for mid-air combos, since this Rugal is capable of that.

Well, I'm glad you liked it.

-Hmm, I could change the animation a bit so that it won't be so bad.

-I could change the motion of the God Press, but I will fix that problem though.

-Maybe I could add it, if I had the sprites for it that is.
#75  July 03, 2008, 06:07:43 pm
The one thing the old AI Patch I miss is taking Against Kyo XI in Hard AI!

#76  July 14, 2008, 08:20:38 pm

I updated Rugal_E to version 2.1.  The AI is now in the characters CMD file, but now there is a AIlevel.st file to configure the level of the AI(I really would advise taking a peek at it by the way, and if you don't,. well.....)

From the Readme(Since the majority is way too lazy to read the damn thing!):

Changes from version 2 to version 2.1:

*Added some more sounds, like another gethit sound, and a recovery sound.
*AI's difficulty level is adjustable through the AILevel.st file, you might want to adjust it before fighting Rugal_E.  Because of this, the AI is now intergrated into the character, rather than just a patch now.
*AI level display enabled to show you what AI Level you are fighting.
*Adjusted the damage of the supers, so that the Inferno Wave isn't useless anymore, and the Gigantic Pressure super needs the God Press chain to deal good damage.  The level 2 supers were toned down as well now.
*The combos shouldn't be too overpowering now, adjusted some other damage values while I was at it.
*The AI should activate very quickly now.

And yes, the Level 7 AI can defeat enemies like Psyqhical.
#77  July 15, 2008, 08:04:55 pm

I updated Rugal_E to version 2.1.  The AI is now in the characters CMD file, but now there is a AIlevel.st file to configure the level of the AI(I really would advise taking a peek at it by the way, and if you don't,. well.....)

From the Readme(Since the majority is way too lazy to read the damn thing!):

Changes from version 2 to version 2.1:

*Added some more sounds, like another gethit sound, and a recovery sound.
*AI's difficulty level is adjustable through the AILevel.st file, you might want to adjust it before fighting Rugal_E.  Because of this, the AI is now intergrated into the character, rather than just a patch now.
*AI level display enabled to show you what AI Level you are fighting.
*Adjusted the damage of the supers, so that the Inferno Wave isn't useless anymore, and the Gigantic Pressure super needs the God Press chain to deal good damage.  The level 2 supers were toned down as well now.
*The combos shouldn't be too overpowering now, adjusted some other damage values while I was at it.
*The AI should activate very quickly now.

And yes, the Level 7 AI can defeat enemies like Psyqhical.

Thanks EvilSalyerX! Now Kyo XI in Hard AI better beware Rugal_E!

#78  July 16, 2008, 02:39:09 pm
will dl it for sure .. but how bout 3 cutte it will be good if u make it ...just an idea  ;D
#79  July 16, 2008, 03:21:10 pm
  • Click on my ''earth'' icon
    • animaclone.deviantart.com/
Nice, will try this.